Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 1st September 2020, 22:14   #511
BHPian

Re: Most durable wax I have encountered - Collinite 845

Hey, thanks. I have read your post and seen the pics of your Gi10. I was tempted to go for it but finally ordered the Colinite 845 as it is something I wanted to try for a long time now. If I can't keep up the effort I'll get the turtle as well.
Where did you pick it up from? Did you use it on a wet surface or dry? And did you have to buff it off?
Old 6th September 2020, 21:23   #512
BHPian

Got a small window today so decided to try the Collinite 845 on the bonnet of my A-Star. Was done quickly so decided to do the roof. And then the hatch and followed by the rear bumper. Was so happy with the ease of application and buffing that I continued with the rear quarter panels, and front fenders as well. Also did the tail+head lights and front bumper. So finally ended up waxing the whole car except the doors and windshield

The only wax I have used previously is Sonax High Speed Spray wax so that is my point of reference. Muscle power for application and buffing was 50% of Sonax. Gloss and smoothness was noticeably more! I used Sunnyboi's technique to decant about 25% of the bottle into a dropper, well when I say dropper it is actually the bottle restaurants use to dispense ketchup! Immersed this in a mug of hot water before use via a foam applicator. Thin wax layers helped keep the lazy muscles smiling. I am confident I can do the whole car in under 30 mins with no fatigue.

The Sonax made its presence felt for about 2 weeks at best.
In hindsight I would have done myself a favor to have bought the 845 years ago to begin with.

Most durable wax I have encountered - Collinite 845-img_20200906_195513246-1.jpg
rajathv8 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 17th September 2020, 09:03   #513
Distinguished - BHPian

Gents, any idea on the typical shelf life of Collinite 845?

I found a couple of bottles in my loft which must be at least 8 years old. Always thought I had misplaced them during my house move, but found them the other day.
Old 17th September 2020, 10:01   #514
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by itwasntme View Post
Gents, any idea on the typical shelf life of Collinite 845?

I found a couple of bottles in my loft which must be at least 8 years old. Always thought I had misplaced them during my house move, but found them the other day.
The bottle I bought in 2010 is still there with me, and I use it from time to time. The bottle is only 20% full now. You should be good with your's as well.
blackasta is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 17th September 2020, 10:03   #515
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by itwasntme View Post
Gents, any idea on the typical shelf life of Collinite 845? I found a couple of bottles in my loft which must be at least 8 years old. Always thought I had misplaced them during my house move, but found them the other day.
My stock of Collinite (and other waxes) was purchased in 2016-17 and from what I read the shelf life is approx. 3-5 years. I am not sure if current formulations are the same or provide extended shelf life.

Will I use the old stock on my car? Sure I will. The containers are kept in a cool and dry place and away from sunlight which may accelerate deterioration.

Last edited by R2D2 : 17th September 2020 at 10:12.
R2D2 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th October 2020, 17:08   #516
BHPian

Hello everyone,
I have been waxing all my rides from the past 7 years.

Products I have used so far are
1. Formula1 paste wax
2. 3M liquid wax
3. 3M paste/cream wax
4. Turtle metallic paint wax
5. Meguiar's Mirror Glaze Professional 26 Hi- Tech Yellow Wax
6. Formula 1 Premium Fast Spray Wax

I was always sceptical about spray waxes. In the past, I have used
Formula 1 Premium Fast Spray Wax and never find it useful. However, after going through a plethora of Youtube videos about Turtle ICE spray wax I thought of giving it a try. On my birthday I asked my friend to gift it to me (I ordered paste wax from Meguiar's as it was hard to imagine that all that hard work can be waived off by a hyped spray bottle).

After applying Turtle spray wax and seeing the result, I am never going back to paste wax. This product is fast and effective. I will jot down my review in bullet points:-

Advantages
1. Easy to apply, spray it - wipe it - that is it. (Hours of hard labour is converted into minutes of wiping)
2. Hydrophobic property is amazing. (Personally, I find it better than any product I have ever used)
3. Durability seems to be good, will have to wait for long term review.

Disadvantages
1. Surface does not feel slick like you feel after applying paste wax.
2. Shine - acceptable but again depth is not very evident.

I applied it on 2 helmets and a new white car. Image attached is of its effect on a new car.
Attached Thumbnails
Most durable wax I have encountered - Collinite 845-20201005_085244.jpg  

Most durable wax I have encountered - Collinite 845-20201005_085250.jpg  

Most durable wax I have encountered - Collinite 845-20201005_125308.jpg  

amandeepkamboj is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 7th October 2020, 16:18   #517
BHPian

Based on my research, turtle Wax ice seal & shine is a paint sealant rather than a Wax. Amazon India seller has marketed it falsely as a spray Wax. Slickness and shine would be lesser than their ICE series spray Wax. The spray Wax comes in a shade of blue bottle. Again, this is from my limited understanding of their line. I'm partial towards their ceramic line of products.
Old 29th October 2020, 12:29   #518
BHPian

Couple of weeks back I have bought Collinite-845.
I know it tends to change its state depending on the ambient temperature.
I have used it once and of course the results are brilliant!
However, the bottle has been untouched for ~10 days and I see an oily layer that settled on the top. Is this OK? Anyone else seen this?
Name:  IMG_20201029_121626_exported_stabilized_1890571023529923055.gif
Views: 1962
Size:  2.50 MB
papr23 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th October 2020, 12:57   #519
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by papr23 View Post
However, the bottle has been untouched for ~10 days and I see an oily layer that settled on the top. Is this OK? Anyone else seen this?
It is a Suspension, not a Solution. Just shake it very well before use.
roy_libran is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 21st July 2021, 11:07   #520
BHPian

Dear members,

I have been using Collinite 845 for few years now and I'm extremely happy with its ease of application and the shine it gives. I've recently ventured into a DIY Ceramic coating for my car. It's supposed to last 6 months, and it surely did last a month or two more than that. This is my experience with the same - https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/diy-d...ento-home.html (My experience with Car Care products; How I Ceramic-Coated my Vento at home)

Now that the coating is wearing off at some places, I'm back at using Collinite 845. I did try Collinite 476s earlier and fount it a bit difficult to apply and remove. So continued with 845.

Now I want to try Collinite 915 for the alleged shine it gives. However, it being priced at ₹4000 in India has kept me on the fence.

Can someone who tried 915 first hand help me with making the decision please ?
Is it worth spending ₹4k on the 915, considering I already have the 845 ?
How difficult is it to apply and remove the wax ? I apply entire car and then remove, for my 845. Can we do at least one panel at a time with 915, in our Indian weather ?
Does it give a better and deeper shine than 845 ? I do have a dark colored car.
In conclusion, is the shine to effort ratio high enough to go ahead with the purchase ?

Thanks in advance.
Old 22nd July 2021, 07:33   #521
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by saisailendra View Post
Dear members,

Now I want to try Collinite 915 for the alleged shine it gives. However, it being priced at ₹4000 in India has kept me on the fence.

Can someone who tried 915 first hand help me with making the decision please ?
I doo have a dark colored car.
In conclusion, is the shine to effort ratio high enough to go ahead with the purchase ?

Thanks in advance.

I have Same question also.

Also, how do you guys wash car after wax, once car gets dirty, do you do waterless wash(proklear I have), or we can use car shampoo, doesn't wax get remove after wash.
Old 22nd July 2021, 09:22   #522
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by saisailendra View Post
915 is a show-car wax with considerably less durability, even less in Indian conditions. Not worth the price and the effort of reapplying every few days.
To make use of the slight bump in gloss, your paint needs to be absolutely swirl free. Since it's a soft wax, you can do a round of application on the entire vehicle before buffing it off.

Quote:
Originally Posted by maverickNerd View Post
Also, how do you guys wash car after wax, once car gets dirty, do you do waterless wash(proklear I have), or we can use car shampoo, doesn't wax get remove after wash.
Depends on how dirty the vehicle is: For a waxed car that is slightly dusty, you can use a dry duster like jopasu and then do a waterless wash. For a heavily soiled car, you should do a pressure wash with a pH neutral shampoo. A good Wax like 845 will make it through 4-5 washes over 2-3 months provided you use a pH neutral shampoo
anantpoddar is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 22nd July 2021, 09:47   #523
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anantpoddar View Post
Depends on how dirty the vehicle is: For a waxed car that is slightly dusty, you can use a dry duster like jopasu and then do a waterless wash. For a heavily soiled car, you should do a pressure wash with a pH neutral shampoo. A good Wax like 845 will make it through 4-5 washes over 2-3 months provided you use a pH neutral shampoo
How frequent should be the waterless wash, I think that also effects already applied wax, isn't it?

Without wax, some people have mentioned that they use waterless wash twice in a week. This is too much I think.
Old 14th November 2021, 17:54   #524
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by goandude View Post
Sent the money on 4 jan got the collinite delivered today. Now some muscle work. Will put up pics and report soon
My almost 11 year old bottle of Collinite 845 was eventually depleted, giving my cars a great gloss, depth of color and lasting anywhere between 3 to 4 months after each application. (Cars are always garaged)
So eventually had to get another pint bottle approx 1900/- from GreenZ Car Care.
Totally worth it
Most durable wax I have encountered - Collinite 845-img_20211114_173641.jpg
goandude is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 3rd March 2022, 23:55   #525

After purchase of my first car two months back, I started searching for Car Care products. My search for a good wax landed me here on this decade-old thread, which I feel, is still pretty much relevant today courtesy of so many great feedbacks on Collinite 845. I got the product delivered this week through GreenzCarCare and am now planning to do a coating this coming weekend. I have got the below-mentioned queries on car’s maintenance post-waxing with Collinite 845 and would like fellow BHPians to provide the necessary guidance:-

a)Jopasu duster will be used daily for easy upkeep, hoping Collinite 845 will further assist Jopasu duster in the picking of dust without much harm to the paint. Is this correct?
b)I am planning to wash the car once a week with a PH-neutral car shampoo only. Can a ‘Wash and Wax shampoo’ help in longer retention of Collinite 845’s coating by, say, adding a layer of the so-called wax over Collinite 845’s coat, or will such shampoos harm the wax coating rather than aiding?
c)Any opinions on the usage of Proklear Waterless Wash Shampoo on a Car coated with Collinite 845? Will it be a good choice?
d)I have heard of many good reviews on Sonax Brilliant Shine Detailer and how it serves so many functions, but not sure how I can utilize its USPs to my benefit. Can Sonax BSD be used after my weekly shampoo washes for a Coll 84 coated vehicle?

To be frank, even after reading so many threads, I am still not sure which customized car care plan I shall stick to, in order to maintain my vehicle. Hence, looking for answers. Thanks in advance.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks