Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 26th September 2017, 17:53   #451
BHPian

Re: Most durable wax I have encountered - Collinite 845

Friends, which is better ? A jopasu car duster or a Roger duster ? Has to properly reach the surface of a Compass roof all over.

Last edited by RedRaider : 26th September 2017 at 18:15.
Old 26th September 2017, 19:15   #452
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedRaider View Post
Friends, which is better ? A jopasu car duster or a Roger duster ? Has to properly reach the surface of a Compass roof all over.
Never tried a Roger duster. LOL! Sometimes I forget Duster is also the name of a wanna-be SUV from Renault India. Wish they'd have thought of a better name.

Jopasu is a tried and tested brand. I use it as do other T-BHPians. Read more about it here Jopasu
R2D2 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th September 2017, 10:25   #453
Senior - BHPian

After the recent spell of rains, my Bonnie was in desperate need for a wash.

Here are the pics from the Sunday that just went by... after a wash and just one coat of collinite845. I usually wait for 24 hours and apply a second coat but will do that on Friday on account of Ayudha pooja.

These pics are of the side panels of the Bonneville.

Most durable wax I have encountered - Collinite 845-img_20170924_125018_131.jpg

Most durable wax I have encountered - Collinite 845-img_20170924_125150_579.jpg
n_aditya is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 27th September 2017, 11:41   #454
BHPian

Quote:
After seeing many reviews that the new age Jopasu life has degraded took the plunge and got the Roger. The duster is long and a bit heavy when compared with Jopasu, but the dust lifting ability is the same. Within the package, got the rejuvenator liquid too but i am yet to try it.

Note: One -ve is that, you will get tired dusting the car since the handle is long and the duster is bit heavy.

Overall satisfied
dre@ms is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th October 2017, 13:06   #455
Distinguished - BHPian

Where can I order Collinite 845 online? It isn't available on Amazon or Flipkart
Old 10th October 2017, 13:11   #456
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dre@ms View Post
After seeing many reviews that the new age Jopasu life has degraded took the plunge and got the Roger.
During recent Amazon sale, I got the Jopasu for less than 500. It was under lightening deal + cashback scheme. Although my previous Jopasu didn't even last 6months, I believe 400-500 is a great price even if I've to buy 2 of them every year.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sahil View Post
Where can I order Collinite 845 online? It isn't available on Amazon or Flipkart
I believe it's available only on greenzcarcare
Old 10th October 2017, 13:33   #457
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sahil View Post
BringingBest

or

Greenzcarcare
R2D2 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 7th December 2017, 10:17   #458
BHPian

I need some guidance here. I am planning to pamper my new car with a coat of Collinite 845. As a general rule, i have read that it is good to use a polish before waxing. My question is can I polish my car with Meguiar's Ultimate Polish and then top it up with a thin coat of Collinite 845? Being products of different brands will it cause any issue due to the chemical composition. Or should I stick to the Meguiar's G12711AM NXT Generation Tech Wax 2.0 Paste?
Old 7th December 2017, 10:26   #459
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jude300 View Post
I need some guidance here. I am planning to pamper my new car with a coat of Collinite 845. As a general rule, i have read that it is good to use a polish before waxing. My question is can I polish my car with Meguiar's Ultimate Polish and then top it up with a thin coat of Collinite 845? Being products of different brands will it cause any issue due to the chemical composition. Or should I stick to the Meguiar's G12711AM NXT Generation Tech Wax 2.0 Paste?
That's a good combo. I use the same combo on my Ecosport. However before the ultimate polish just run a clay bar once over it.

Basic steps should be clay->ultimate polish->collinite 845
Vid6639 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th December 2017, 10:53   #460
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vid6639 View Post
That's a good combo. I use the same combo on my Ecosport. However before the ultimate polish just run a clay bar once over it.

Basic steps should be clay->ultimate polish->collinite 845
Thanks for the quick reply. Is there any specific clay that you would suggest? I have never used a clay before.
Old 7th December 2017, 11:21   #461
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Since your car is new (1-2 months old?) I'd just clay the paint and apply a coat or two of C845. Use polish the car when it gets a little older i.e over 1 year.

If you really have the time and energy, wash and clay the car, 1 coat of Megs NXT followed by C845. Megs NXT is a synthetic wax and acts like a sealant.

You can get clay bars at any online store that offers car care products. Normally people use Meguiars, Mothers or Optimum clay bars.

Detailing can get to be an OCD. Check out SunnyBoi's or Leoshashi's car ownership threads. They are a benchmark for me.
R2D2 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 7th December 2017, 11:57   #462
BHPian

Quote:
I use the Roger Motors duster. A close friend has the Jopasu. Both pick up dust perfectly off the car. How long it will keep doing so before it needs a recharge is yet to be known. IMO, buy whichever you get cheaper. One will not be a lot better than the other anyways. It is just a duster!

I use the small in-car Roger duster too. Does quite well.
naturaldisaster is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th December 2017, 12:00   #463
BHPian

I purchased the California duster. Haven't yet used it. Using microfiber cloths currently.
Old 8th December 2017, 18:54   #464
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
If you do polish and after removing the residue, before you wax the car do a wipedown ofthe panels with a 20% IPA solution. You can get this at most chemists sold as injection spirit. This removes oils from the paint surface and allows the wax to stick longer. You should do this even if you do not polish, just before you use wax or sealant on the car.
Mortis is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th December 2017, 19:55   #465
Senior - BHPian

That shine's just insane man, Congrats. I think I'll try n achieve that on my bro's beat up old Discover125. Its over 15 years old and could do with a fresh lease of life.

Quote:
Originally Posted by n_aditya View Post
Here are the pics from the Sunday that just went by... after a wash and just one coat of collinite845

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks