Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 8th March 2022, 22:51   #526
BHPian

Re: Most durable wax I have encountered - Collinite 845

Quote:
Originally Posted by AutoNerd View Post
a)Jopasu duster will be used daily for easy upkeep, hoping Collinite 845 will further assist Jopasu duster in the picking of dust without much harm to the paint. Is this correct?
Yes, 845 will add protection however i would refrain from using duster everyday. There is no problem with the duster its just that using it everyday is not necessary .UNLESS its parked outside where it gets dirty every now and then.

Quote:
b)I am planning to wash the car once a week with a PH-neutral car shampoo only. Can a ‘Wash and Wax shampoo’ help in longer retention of Collinite 845’s coating by, say, adding a layer of the so-called wax over Collinite 845’s coat, or will such shampoos harm the wax coating rather than aiding?
Wax over a wax works like a charm. Go with a very good PH neutral shampoo.

Quote:
c)Any opinions on the usage of Proklear Waterless Wash Shampoo on a Car coated with Collinite 845? Will it be a good choice?
Proklear works fine. Alternate option which is like a gold standard in rinse less washes is Optimum ONR Wash and wax.(Green One)

Quote:
d)I have heard of many good reviews on Sonax Brilliant Shine Detailer and how it serves so many functions, but not sure how I can utilize its USPs to my benefit. Can Sonax BSD be used after my weekly shampoo washes for a Coll 84 coated vehicle?
Collinite 845 is a wax.
Sonax BSD is a sealant. Both solve the same purpose. Using BSD over the 845 should work however you might see a minor drop in the gloss which is obvious. BSD is mainly for protection than gloss. Play safe and use both combinations (845 then BSD and vice versa)one by one on a panel first and see the result & decide.

Quote:
To be frank, even after reading so many threads, I am still not sure which customized car care plan I shall stick to, in order to maintain my vehicle. Hence, looking for answers. Thanks in advance.
The regime you have to follow depends on lot many factors than just the amount of products you can buy and use. Few of them are :-

->How frequently can you wash(Access to free flowing water etc)
->How frequently is a wash required in first place(depends on how dirty your car gets and how soon)
->What's your threshold of watching your car staying dirty and for how long
->Do you wash the car yourself or though help?
->How much durability you need per application(PPF>Ceramic coating>Sealant>Wax)
->How much effort you are ready to put in .
->Color of car

I am not a pro but have some understanding based upon my experience. Ping me and we can chalk out some plan
Artyom is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 3rd September 2022, 16:14   #527
BHPian

Is Greenz Car Care reliable site to puchase Collinite 845? Or is there some other options available to buy from.

Also would appreciate if someone can give complete guide to apply Collinite 845 including quantity to be used for each application.
Old 3rd September 2022, 16:44   #528
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GearOn View Post
Is Greenz Car Care reliable site to puchase Collinite 845? Or is there some other options available to buy from.

Also would appreciate if someone can give complete guide to apply Collinite 845 including quantity to be used for each application.
https://www.bringingbest.in/collinit...ttle-only-1-pc

i buy from him , buying stuff from last 6 years. Nice Guy.

email works best with him sanjay@bringingbest.com

Last edited by NOTORIOUS : 3rd September 2022 at 16:46. Reason: email address added
NOTORIOUS is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 8th February 2023, 08:23   #529
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GearOn View Post

Greenz Car Care is a reliable site. I have been ordering from them since last 3 years. No issues at all.

Follow the steps to apply Collinite 845
- Wash the car completely
- Compound & polish the car if required. This is an optional step depending on the condition of the paint
- If you are compounding and/or polishing the car first, make sure to wash the car again as polishing oils may remain on the car surface
- Before applying Collinite, make sure to shake the bottle vigorously.
- Prime the applicator sponge by wax. I mean to say apply the wax on the entire surface area of the sponge.
- Apply the wax in circular motion on one panel. Once you start waxing you will understand how much wax is required, as we just need a light coat on the surface
- Apply it to second panel
- Once you are finished applying it to second panel, go back to first panel and buff off the wax with a fresh microfibre cloth.
- Repeat this for the entire car.

I think the entire bottle would cover 10-12 mid size sedans easily.
grshnehete is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd April 2023, 11:57   #530

I have a query about wax. Once applied are there any specific rules for washing the car? Like not using a microfiber cloth or car shampoo? Because those cloths get rid of a lot of things a normal cloth would leave behind, and shampoos can really loosen grit

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks