Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories

Search this Thread
Old 30th January 2014, 20:12   #361
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Most durable wax I have encountered - Collinite 845

Quote:
Originally Posted by TSIched'Out View Post
Reason being his EcoSport would be of same vintage as mine and also EcoSport internal plastics being hard in nature so wanted to check the end result.
Another reason is I'm unable to decide between Turtle, Collinite and Poorboy 
Oh you were talking about the 855 for the interiors is it? I thought you were talking about 845 since you mentioned it in your post. My bad.
Old 31st January 2014, 15:03   #362
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sagarpadaki View Post
Oh you were talking about the 855 for the interiors is it? I thought you were talking about 845 since you mentioned it in your post. My bad.
Actually I was asking for both, Collinite 845 results on exteriors and 855 on interiors. Unfortunately, Sanjay has informed me that currently 845 is out of stock and will be available only in mid February or so. Guess I will go with Turtle this time.

Cheers.
Old 31st January 2014, 16:47   #363
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Actually I was asking for both, Collinite 845 results on exteriors and 855 on interiors. Unfortunately, Sanjay has informed me that currently 845 is out of stock and will be available only in mid February or so. Guess I will go with Turtle this time.

Cheers.

Mate, you have lot of other options too. Any reasons why you are considering only collinite?
Old 31st January 2014, 17:21   #364
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sagarpadaki View Post
Mate, you have lot of other options too. Any reasons why you are considering only collinite?
Well i guess the answer lies in the title of this thread
Also, It's recommended by detailing experts on this forum.
Old 31st January 2014, 20:24   #365
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Well i guess the answer lies in the title of this thread
Also, It's recommended by detailing experts on this forum.

True, i am not denying that 845 is good. It is. But the current detailing scenario has evolved so much in India and we have better products available. I am not telling you that you should not wait for 845. Just informing you that there are better alternatives available.
Old 31st January 2014, 23:00   #366
BHPian

You can give a shot to 3M CAR CARE - PREMIUM LIQUID WAX (http://www.ebay.in/itm/3M-CAR-CARE-P...#ht_500wt_1416)

Its synthetic but very durable. You can find it OTC in accessories shops and save the shipping trouble. The best I have used so far. Going strong for last 3 months.
Old 24th February 2014, 18:36   #367
BHPian

Been a Collinite 845 user for couple of years now, and it sure is a bomb.
Attached some pics, spent about an hour to get there
Old 5th April 2014, 03:34   #368
BHPian

Hi guys,

I am a bit new to the car cleaning and detailing thread. I own a sleek silver Hyundai Verna Fluidic and wanted to know what all I need to buy to clean it up. The car is due to complete 2 years this June and has run about 27k kms till now. I already own the Ultima Waterless Wash Plus Concentrate which is a quick detailer and have been using that only to clean the car till now. Also have 1 MF towel bought from 3M and another glass cleaner towel.

My car has some swirl marks on the roof and the bonnet. I plan to use a clay bar and the collinite 845 wax but need help with the procedure or step by step guide along with links to where I can buy them at a good price. I have already read a lot of forums and have only confused myself more. Some talk about using Ultra Compound, some about using polish as well. Help
Old 5th April 2014, 10:45   #369
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mani_jeenu View Post
I am a bit new to the car cleaning and detailing thread.

My car has some swirl marks on the roof and the bonnet. I plan to use a clay bar and the collinite 845 wax but need help with the procedure or step by step guide along with links to where I can buy them at a good price.
The best source you could come across as a detailing newbie would be this thread.

Removing swirls / polishing by hand is a tough job. Your hands ache more than the benefit it shows on the paint. If you want to go ahead still, you can try the Meguiar's SwirlX or their more aggressive Ultimate Compound.

Bringing Best is a good online shop to get the 845. Prompt support and you will get detailed instructions along with your purchase. I do not know about price though as I've not scanned the market recently.
Old 5th April 2014, 13:06   #370
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mani_jeenu View Post
Hi guys,

My car has some swirl marks on the roof and the bonnet. I plan to use a clay bar and the collinite 845 wax but need help with the procedure or step by step guide along with links to where I can buy them at a good price. I have already read a lot of forums and have only confused myself more. Some talk about using Ultra Compound, some about using polish as well. Help
Depends on how much swirl marks are there. I would try something like Megs Swirl X to start with. To save my hands, I use my DA orbital polisher. If this fails, you can try a more aggressive Megs Ultimate compound. This should be followed by a polish, I use Megs Ultimate polish, again with a DA polisher. Once that is done, your car is ready for the Collinite 845 application, which will give you the desired effect. For the final step, you can do hand application. I use Megs applicator pad, apply a very thin coat, wait for it to buff and then wipe it off with a good MF cloth. A second coat after 24 hours is suggested by some, depends on your inclination. The sheen lasts many months. I am ver happy with it.
Follow it up regular cleaning. Use a Jopasu duster every day, with ONR wash as a quick detailer, once in three days or so, depending on the condition. All the best
Old 5th April 2014, 13:14   #371
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by premc44 View Post
Depends on how much swirl marks are there. I would try something like Megs Swirl X to start with. To save my hands, I use my DA orbital polisher. If this fails, you can try a more aggressive Megs Ultimate compound. This should be followed by a polish, I use Megs Ultimate polish, again with a DA polisher. Once that is done, your car is ready for the Collinite 845 application, which will give you the desired effect. For the final step, you can do hand application. I use Megs applicator pad, apply a very thin coat, wait for it to buff and then wipe it off with a good MF cloth. A second coat after 24 hours is suggested by some, depends on your inclination. The sheen lasts many months. I am ver happy with it.
Follow it up regular cleaning. Use a Jopasu duster every day, with ONR wash as a quick detailer, once in three days or so, depending on the condition. All the best

Can you suggest a good place to buy meguiars ultimate polish, i was thinking of getting it directly from US as i also need collinite, a clay bar and a DA polisher. i have got a quote from Sanjay for collinite 845 as listed on the site and Simoniz Clay Magic 100 gms for 1359 which i found rather steep. For QD and clay lubing purposes i will be using the ultima waterless wash plus that i already have. Any good brands for the DA polisher ? I found this black and decker one quite cheap on amazon model kp900 for $30

Last edited by mani_jeenu : 5th April 2014 at 13:24. Reason: add info
Old 10th May 2014, 06:50   #372
Team-BHP Support

Need some advice from detailing Gurus.

I was planning to get a bottle of Collinite 845 and mailed Sanjay. But got a reply that Collinite 845 is out of stock. He has suggested Collinite 915 or FinishKare pink wax. Collinite 915 is costing a bomb (Rs.2959), but in this thread there is a mention that the 915 is long lasting than the 845. I have several related questions.

1. Is the more than 2x price worth paying for the 915 vs. the 845? Should I just wait for the stocks of 845 to arrive?
2. Does anyone have experience with the FinishKare pink wax? This costs Rs.1795.
3. My car is just 1 month old. Once a week or 10 days, I do a shampoo wash using ArmorAll Wash and Wax and a quick waxing using the Meguiars Ultimate Quick Wax. If I decide to wait for the 845, is this routine enough to do a direct wax application when I get the 845, or would it require the clay bar + polishing + sealant treatment?
4. After applying 845 or 915, if I use the ArmorAll Wash and Wax, will that reduce the life of the wax coat?
5. If I get the 915, how many applications will the tin last? The specified weight is 340 grams. My car is a Jetta.

My car is always parked in shade protected from direct sunlight and rain. However, the area that I live is very dusty and the car attracts a lot of dust. I use the Jopasu duster regularly to deal with this dust.

Thanks in advance for any pointers and guidance on this.
Old 10th May 2014, 09:47   #373
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by graaja View Post

I was planning to get a bottle of Collinite 845 and mailed Sanjay. But got a reply that Collinite 845 is out of stock. He has suggested Collinite 915 or FinishKare pink wax. Collinite 915 is costing a bomb (Rs.2959), but in this thread there is a mention that the 915 is long lasting than the 845. I have several related questions.

1. Is the more than 2x price worth paying for the 915 vs. the 845? Should I just wait for the stocks of 845 to arrive?
2. Does anyone have experience with the FinishKare pink wax? This costs Rs.1795.
3. My car is just 1 month old. Once a week or 10 days, I do a shampoo wash using ArmorAll Wash and Wax and a quick waxing using the Meguiars Ultimate Quick Wax. If I decide to wait for the 845, is this routine enough to do a direct wax application when I get the 845, or would it require the clay bar + polishing + sealant treatment?
4. After applying 845 or 915, if I use the ArmorAll Wash and Wax, will that reduce the life of the wax coat?
5. If I get the 915, how many applications will the tin last? The specified weight is 340 grams. My car is a Jetta.

My car is always parked in shade protected from direct sunlight and rain. However, the area that I live is very dusty and the car attracts a lot of dust. I use the Jopasu duster regularly to deal with this dust.

Prices have surely gone up!! ?years back I got the 845 for Rs 800 and the 915 for 1500

I been using the 915 for over 4 years and the tub is only half way there. I wax the 2 cars once in 4-5 months.

The 915 is an great wax which will give your car a nice warm shine.

No idea about the FinishKare pink wax, I swear by Collinite.

Using any kind of detergent will reduce the life of the wax,

If you want something that is detergent proof, Collinite 476 should be good for but the shine isn't as good as the 915 / 845
Captain Slow is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 10th May 2014, 18:17   #374
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by graaja View Post

I too checked with Sanjay a few days back and they are out of stock.
However, if you really need it you can buy it from here- http://greenzcarcare.com/Collinite-L...id-241185.html

Personally i don't think spending so much extra for 915 makes sense when 845 does the job brilliantly.
Old 12th May 2014, 17:01   #375
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Slow View Post
I been using the 915 for over 4 years and the tub is only half way there. I wax the 2 cars once in 4-5 months.

The 915 is an great wax which will give your car a nice warm shine.

Using any kind of detergent will reduce the life of the wax,

If you want something that is detergent proof, Collinite 476 should be good for but the shine isn't as good as the 915 / 845
Thanks for the feedback. I will check the alternate source suggested by harry10, and if not available, go ahead with 915. Also, once I use 915, I will change my regular wash routine to plain water wash instead of using the ArmorAll shampoo, and use the shampoo only if there is too much of grime that does not go away with plain water wash.

Quote:
Originally Posted by harry10 View Post
However, if you really need it you can buy it from here- http://greenzcarcare.com/Collinite-L...id-241185.html

Personally i don't think spending so much extra for 915 makes sense when 845 does the job brilliantly.
Thanks for the information. I will check with greenscarcare if they have 845 in stock and then place the order.

Most Viewed