Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 9th January 2012, 00:56   #256
Senior - BHPian

I use collinite on my metallic blue paint and it looks amazing!

It can be used on any color as basically you're applying wax to the clearcoat!

Its just that some waxes 'might' mute the appearance of the metallic component in the paint etc.

You can never go wrong with c845!
Old 12th January 2012, 16:41   #257
Senior - BHPian

Re: Most durable wax I have encountered - Collinite 845

Guys, i was going through this post and found the process of applying Collinite to be as follows :-
1. wash
2. Clay (once in 6 months+ or as and when needed)
3. Restore Paint with Polish (not too often - once in 3 months+ since it is abrasive, but must after claying)
4. Collinite 845 (once in 2 months or as often as you like, but must after polish).

I have a few doubts , first of all what exactly is this "claying" and how it is done .
Also do we need to apply Collinite only after a polish.

Please clarify.
Old 16th January 2012, 09:32   #258
BHPian

I recieved my shipment of Collinite on Saturday from Sanjay. Applied it on my white ANHC same day, and i am more than satisfied with the outcome. The car looks shiny and paint feels much smoother. Thanks Sanjay for delivering it quickly.
Old 16th January 2012, 09:44   #259
BANNED

@zoom_vroom; You will find the effort for waxing in repeat applications is much lower.
Old 16th January 2012, 11:20   #260
Senior - BHPian

Which shop in Trivandrum sells Collinite 845? I was waiting for my 'Turtle wax' to get over, to try this.
Old 16th January 2012, 11:32   #261
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by jinojohnt View Post
Which shop in Trivandrum sells Collinite 845? I was waiting for my 'Turtle wax' to get over, to try this.
You can get it directly from BBImpex (see the top end od the thread) or from eBay.in. I got mine from BBImpex within 48 hours of the money transfer.
sgiitk is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th January 2012, 12:43   #262
Senior - BHPian

Jino, these products are best ordered online. I got mine in two days. You can save money on petrol hunting for these products. Even in Blore no one stocks it. Even turtle wax is available only at select stores.
kutlee is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th January 2012, 15:51   #263
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schoudhury View Post
Guys, i was going through this post and found the process of applying Collinite to be as follows :-
1. wash
2. Clay (once in 6 months+ or as and when needed)
3. Restore Paint with Polish (not too often - once in 3 months+ since it is abrasive, but must after claying)
4. Collinite 845 (once in 2 months or as often as you like, but must after polish).
Restore paint with "polish"?
Could you expand on this & the abrasive nature part
Old 16th January 2012, 16:05   #264
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by AvinashV View Post
By the looks of it he means rubbing compound, to remove the micro-scratches.
Old 16th January 2012, 16:20   #265
Senior - BHPian

I'm currently using Turtle Wax super hard shell wax polish along with ArmorAll wash-n-wax solution for my Ninja.

Was thinking of buying Meguiars wax polish (NXT) and would like to know how does Collinite fare compared to Meguiars?

With so many products out there, i'm super confused.

Please advise.
n_aditya is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th January 2012, 19:18   #266
Senior - BHPian

^Wax and polish are entirely opposite things!

Best bet would be to buy a dedicated polish and a dedicated pure sealant or wax! Collinite 845 is more durable than megs nxt tech wax btw!

Quote:
Originally Posted by AvinashV

All polishes are abrasive! Basically, removing scratch is not removal as such, one uses polishes or compounds to abrade the surrounding paint around the scratch to bring it to the level of the base of the scratch, thats when the scratch 'appears to have been removed'!!

Most stubborn oxidation requires abrasive removal and in the process tiny amount of clearcoat is abraded with it! But nothing to worry about!

Just one needs to take care in case the paint is really old/never waxed/never cared about etc. as then the clear might be very thin, just on the brink of impending failure!
Old 1st February 2012, 23:51   #267
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by n_aditya View Post
Was thinking of buying Meguiars wax polish (NXT) and would like to know how does Collinite fare compared to Meguiars?

With so many products out there, i'm super confused.

Please advise.
Collinite is the daddy of all waxes. Before I stumbled upon it I tried nearly all the other big brands.

If you want the best then Collinite is the one to go for. Very durable finish and this thread is testament to its quality.
bigman is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd February 2012, 09:13   #268
Senior - BHPian

Can i use Collinite 845 on my RE desertstorm matt paint, the apprehension is that a good 3M guy told me that going for a 3M teflon coating will remove the matt finish of the vehicle and it will forever be glossy :(
so will this product not effect the Matt finish of the bike?
Old 2nd February 2012, 10:03   #269
BHPian

My 10 month old car has mild swirl marks, thanks to washing during servicing. Now I have ordered and received my C845. Is it wise to just wax the car after a wash and without polish? Would C845 hide those minor swirls? I am apprehensive about applying polish or rubbing compound with hands and without a buffing machine.
Old 2nd February 2012, 11:04   #270
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgiitk View Post
@zoom_vroom; You will find the effort for waxing in repeat applications is much lower.
Yeah, last weekend i did a recoat of Collinite after curing the previous coat for a week and found effort to be less.
The trick is to have many MF cloths. You use and old dhoti etc for applying Collinite. Let it haze for 10 mins, wipe it with first MF Cloth. Do the same for the rest of the car. What i do is, apply Collinite on left fender, Bonnet and then right fender. By the time you have applied it on the right fender the left one would have hazed. Do this way for the entire car. Finally use a fresh MF Cloth and buff the car for extra shine. I also make sure that any gaps, crevices and bottom parts of the car which are invisible get heavy doze of Collinite. And i don't wipe those parts twice. Do it just once to get maximum protection against the elements.
But its the color of my car which saddens me. White doesn't show much reflections as other darker colors do. I have also noticed that Honda's Taffeta White is more milkish in color compared to other manufacturers like Hyundai etc. So to avoid any more yellowing and oxidation of white color, i have started using Collinite. Hope it helps maintain the original milky white color of my City.

I have even made Classic Honda guys follow the top down approach for washing and the sheeting method so that minimum hands touch my and fellow Honda owners cars.

Happy Detailing guys !

Last edited by zoom_vroom : 2nd February 2012 at 11:07.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks