Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 12th May 2011, 16:05   #226
Senior - BHPian

Re: Most durable wax I have encountered - Collinite 845

Quote:
Originally Posted by csateesh View Post
Hi Captain

Would you be able to help me with the location of this Automall. Any pointers would be of great help

Googling hasn't helped in this case

Thanks

Sateesh
You can check the website Contact Us - Auto-Mall.in , Map is also in that page. Its jeevan bheemanagar(near to indiranangar).
Old 3rd July 2011, 22:18   #227
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RemingtonSteele View Post
Believe me Collinite-845 will stay for next 3 months or may be more.
I covered my car with one layer 3 months ago, have seen my car through Pune rains and Sun and still could see great beading in yesterdays heavy rain.
Just to share my experience of using Collinite 845 - even after 02 water pressure wash and many hours driving in rains in city traffic the wax coating still exist and easily noticeable after 02 months. More noticeable, if one spend some time and effort in using clay bar before applying Collinite 845 in case there is roughness in car paint surface.

Removing dust regularly with any good quality duster and cleaning the car once a week, post Collinite 845 with wet m/f cloth helps keep the car glowing.

Fantastic product! Its anybody's guess - if it servers couple of months in monsoon it will last at least many months during winter / summer.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bottle View Post
^Order it online from automall, afaik its less than 2k
It is less than 1000/- from auto-mall, actually it is 950/-.

Last edited by AvonA7 : 3rd July 2011 at 22:19.
AvonA7 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd July 2011, 09:03   #228
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AvonA7 View Post
Just to share my experience of using Collinite 845 - even after 02 water pressure wash and many hours driving in rains in city traffic the wax coating still exist and easily noticeable after 02 months. More noticeable, if one spend some time and effort in using clay bar before applying Collinite 845 in case there is roughness in car paint surface.

Removing dust regularly with any good quality duster and cleaning the car once a week, post Collinite 845 with wet m/f cloth helps keep the car glowing.
Post some pics mate, let we see your fantastic glowing ride.
Which part of the town do you stay ? Didn't see you active on the Pune meet thread.
Old 23rd July 2011, 13:32   #229
BHPian

Folks, I am happy to announce that I just completed giving my AHNC a good coat of wax polish. I used Formula 1 car wax (the yellow one) and the finishing has come out very well. Took me around 2.5 hrs to complete the job.
Anyone has any idea how long does the wax last before the car is ready for 2nd coat?

Cheers, KTP
Old 23rd July 2011, 20:57   #230
BHPian

Quote:
Post some pics mate, let we see your fantastic glowing ride.
I already posted some pics months ago, this time no difference. All this knowledge is gathered and implemented reading various posts of you guys in Team-BHP only. A big THANK YOU from my side to all members sharing their knowledge and experience in this thread.

I would like to take this opportunity to THANK @sohail99. As per his advise, the clay bar ( Used the Mothers clay bar ) followed by Collinite845 resulted in better result compared to only C845. In my case, there were some rough surface in some portion of the car, which became smooth after using clay bar.

Quote:
Which part of the town do you stay ? Didn't see you active on the Pune meet thread.
East-end of Pune. Its good to see you guys had a great meet, but for me it was a bit difficult to join the meet, as you can understand its almost 30kms drive in peak office time and 7pm was too difficult and a bit early for me to reach the destination (west-end of Pune). Always keep an eye on the "Next tapri meet at Pune... thread", shall attend at the next available opportunity, irrespective of location.

*BTW, saw some post regarding tomms. (sun) breakfast get together at Kothrud/Bavdhan, is this still on? If yes, shall join for sure.

Last edited by AvonA7 : 23rd July 2011 at 21:03. Reason: addition
Old 24th July 2011, 09:49   #231
BHPian

Folks,

I have waxed my ANHC yesterday using Formula 1 Carnuaba wax and have the following queries with regards to post car Waxing and appreciate it if someone can help me with their valuable suggestions:

1) My car cleaner washes the car every alternate day. Please let me know if this frequency effects the waxing and water beading retention of the car. If so, how long will the wax last before I have to do another round. Or, please suggest me the frequency of car wash as to whether I should be doing it twice a week instead of the current alternate day washing.

2) Can I apply the Formula 1 Carnuaba wax to the rear view mirrors, glass on the side windows and rear windshield including the head and tail lights?

Awaiting responses

Cheers, KTP
Old 24th July 2011, 10:31   #232
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kirantp View Post
Folks,

1) My car cleaner washes the car every alternate day. Please let me know if this frequency effects the waxing and water beading retention of the car. If so, how long will the wax last before I have to do another round. Or, please suggest me the frequency of car wash as to whether I should be doing it twice a week instead of the current alternate day washing.

2) Can I apply the Formula 1 Carnuaba wax to the rear view mirrors, glass on the side windows and rear windshield including the head and tail lights?

Awaiting responses

Cheers, KTP
1. There is nothing like you need to wash only twice a week or alternate,etc. My personal suggestion, do not wash too frequently. Now that you have the collinite protecting your paint. Use Duster to dust it everyday and then the day you find that the car is too dirtier, give it a wash.
Yes, definitely the beading capability will reduce if washed daily.
2. I do not know about Formula 1 wax but you can safely use the collinite on to your windscreens and side windows.
rk_sans is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th July 2011, 13:52   #233
MAS
Senior - BHPian

Guys,

I mailed Sanjay for the prices and got a reply immediately as below

Quote:
Thanks for your E.mail.

Current deal :

1 Collinite 845 + 1 free Carrand White terry 4.75 inch applicator pad for Wax + 1 free Carrand Blue Microfiber 4.75 inch applicator pad for Buffing after wax + complete instructions + E.mail Support for questions = Rs. 895 (all taxes & Shipping included all India)

Unquote

I had mentioned that i am a T-bhpian. After going through this thread, I am going in for this Collinite 845 as my current waxes (from Brazil and US) seem to disappear after a rain or two.
Old 28th July 2011, 23:42   #234
MAS
Senior - BHPian

Sanjay is very professional. Dropped the cheque yesterday and the product has been shipped today. Waiting to lay my hands on Collinite 845. I have used Formula 1 wax extensively, but the wax effect is very much temporary. It disappears in one or two washes. I just hope C845 lives up to its high expectations.
Pardon me for my ignorance... What is a "Clay Bar"?
Old 29th July 2011, 10:58   #235
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAS View Post
What is a "Clay Bar"?
checkout here for a BRIEF info on what a clay bar does.
Mostly used to remove the Tar and other particles from the car's paint.
http://classifieds.team-bhp.com/buy-...-Bar-Kit.html/
sushrutha is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 29th July 2011, 18:13   #236
BHPian

I tried sending a mail to sanjay, and it bounced back. can some one please provide me the correct or updated email address.
Old 29th July 2011, 18:37   #237
BHPian

Collinite products & Optimum products are also available in Blore through Ultimate Detailerz, their details are below, you can also contact them for Jopasu dusters, microfibers cloths, clay bar etc.

Ultimate Detailerz | Facebook

I had recently bought some Optimum no rinse & 3M micros from them, you can get some free detailing advice from them on how to maintain your ride too
hemantbsutar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st August 2011, 16:06   #238
BHPian

Check out my latest photoshoot after topping up with Collinite-845.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...ml#post2450814
Old 7th August 2011, 15:49   #239
MAS
Senior - BHPian

Received Collinite 845 Wax + Applicator + Rubbing cloth + air freshener for Rs. 899/-; the second day after dropping the cheque.

Used C-845 on my Fusion and the results are very good. After a week of everyday drizzling, driving in Chennai's dusty roads, a trip to Ambur and back, i still manage to clean the car in like 10 minutes every morning. This is the first time i have not washed the car in a week of continuous usage.

The instruction mentions to wipe off the wax after 15 minutes of application. But I found that if we could leave the wax applied overnight and wipe it off in the morning, the results are much better.

All in all, Collinite 845 is the best wax i have ever used in the past 10 years of cleaning my cars. Thank you Team BHP....

Last edited by MAS : 7th August 2011 at 15:52.
Old 12th August 2011, 17:46   #240
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAS View Post
Sanjay is very professional.

Kudos to Sanjay, Just got mine delivered today!

Ordered the day before, And he told me tracking will be emailed to me by late evening. No emails/tracking number until 8PM.
Thought he might have forgotten to email me the tracking, but NO! Around at 10PM I get an email from the man with the tracking details.
Very professional and courteous!

Mas one question to you and other 845 users, has the wax changed a bit? My old bottle of the 845 seems a lot thicker! its near empty now so cant really say.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks