Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 3rd August 2010, 22:00   #76
Senior - BHPian

Received confirmation for my order today. Expecting it sometime late this week/early next week.
Old 4th August 2010, 16:10   #77
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanjayc View Post
Gurus...couple of days back used small quantities of collinite 845 on the windshield and the alloys (apart from body of course)- as of now find the results very good...any long term issue that may creep in?
Here below are some references where they have used Collinite on Plastics, Glass and Alloys

FAQ:
FAQs about Collinite Wax Products* :: Choice of the Pros :: Auto, Marine and Industrial

FAQs about Collinite - Choice of the Pros. - Detailing World

Some Other Links where they talk about Collinite on Plastics, Alloys and Glass with Good results:

LS1GTO.com Forums - View Single Post - My review: Collinite 845

http://www.autopia.org/forum/car-det...ml#post1212345

Collinite 845 on windows? - Auto Geek Online Auto Detailing Forum

http://www.autopia.org/forum/car-det...tml#post632259

DISCLAIMER : Please try this on small surface and then use it at your own risk. Forum reviews can only be assuring about nothing may go wrong but still they don't gaurantee anything.
RemingtonSteele is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th August 2010, 15:46   #78
Senior - BHPian

Got the packet yesterday. I applied this on the bonnet in the night. Application is quite easy compared with turtle wax premium wax. Gloss is same as that of turtle wax. Will have to wait and see how durable it is. Planning to do one more coat tonight.
Old 18th August 2010, 13:13   #79
BHPian

Collinite Arrived

Dear all,

I got my collinite last week.
Need your advice as to how to proceed?
First i want to do some thing to remove the swirl marks to the minimum possible before applying collinite as these swirl marks are very prominent on black colour.
Old 18th August 2010, 14:22   #80
BANNED

@dkcrpl; If swirls are such an issue you may have to some light rubbing.
Old 18th August 2010, 14:30   #81
mkh
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dkcrpl View Post
Dear all,

I got my collinite last week.
Need your advice as to how to proceed?
First i want to do some thing to remove the swirl marks to the minimum possible before applying collinite as these swirl marks are very prominent on black colour.
note one thing( have posted on another thread- Car Care Aesthetics in detail)- swirls CANNOT BE REMOVED by hand, only visually hidden. For swirls to be removed a micro layer of paint has to go and that can only happen with a machine(DA or rotary).
With hand,you can use a polishing compound and then a layer of finishing polish and then collnite
Typically something like meguiars ultimate compound or Fomula 1 Scratch Out which will hide the swirls( may have to do 2 passes) and then put collinite
Surface should be clayed to get best results, its a science in its own to get a car to its showroom condition.
Check out pics of my car :
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...ml#post2032372
Old 19th August 2010, 12:17   #82
Senior - BHPian

after a double coat of collinite, surface seems to be glazing. no dust getting attracted. water beading seems to be excellent now.
Old 22nd August 2010, 12:08   #83
BANNED

Had waxed my Fabia using Collnite 845 liquid Wax in Jan 2010 , and beading stayed for 6 months.
Waxed again 3 weeks back in July with Collnite hard wax , I found it difficult to apply compared to liquid wax.
Next waxing is with collnite liquid wax in Jan 2011 , I bought 2 bottles from US
Cost Liquid wax $19 and Hard wax $20 including postage from Amazon to US

Last edited by YVES : 22nd August 2010 at 12:14.
Old 22nd August 2010, 19:05   #84
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kutlee View Post
after a double coat of collinite, surface seems to be glazing. no dust getting attracted. water beading seems to be excellent now.
Quote:
Originally Posted by YVES View Post
Had waxed my Fabia using Collnite 845 liquid Wax in Jan 2010 , and beading stayed for 6 months.
Waxed again 3 weeks back in July with Collnite hard wax , I found it difficult to apply compared to liquid wax.
Next waxing is with collnite liquid wax in Jan 2011 , I bought 2 bottles from US
Cost Liquid wax $19 and Hard wax $20 including postage from Amazon to US
Great!!! Please share the resultant pics.
Old 3rd September 2010, 23:05   #85
BHPian

Can we get it in shop? If so please share the shop info in Pune.
Old 4th September 2010, 11:48   #86
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AvonA7 View Post
Can we get it in shop? If so please share the shop info in Pune.
Nope, AFAIK its not available in shops in Pune.

Check this website www.bringingbest.com, New Delhi, India
Initiate communication with Sanjay and he will let you know how to order.
(Also, If you check some earlier posts/pages you will get some fair idea on cost and ordering process).
Old 4th September 2010, 12:00   #87
BHPian

Thanks RemingtonSteele, yes I checked with Carax, Bhandari, Poona motors and few other shops, they don't stock this item.

Sent an email to Mr. Sanjay and received the response which is similar as posted earlier in this thread. Awaiting his response, would be ordering soon

The price per bottle of Collinite 845 (473.2 ml) is: Rs. 1359.00, but we continue to offer Team-BHP members 10% discount.
Each Bottle comes with 2 Areon Dry Mon Car perfume:Free (Street Value Rs. 150)

Total final Price for 1 bottle: Rs. 1223.00, Includes taxes & shipping any where in India.
Old 4th September 2010, 14:41   #88
Senior - BHPian

well - used collinite 2 weeks back, and when I want for my 3rd free service today - the washing guy asked 'sir what polish do you use?'. Told him that its something imported from US called collinite. Water beading after 2 weeks also is superb!
Old 4th September 2010, 15:06   #89
BANNED

I have ordered Collinite today through email since the ph number on the site was switched off. I have one question though, which also might be in the wrong thread.

Last week, I had been to a house warming ceremony at T Narsipur close to Mysore where some village kid has written/scratched her name "Sahana" on Hariya's front left fender. The scratch luckily is not too deep and has not touched the primer or the metal underneath it. It is not too wide either.

Can Collinite or any other product help remove it if the rubbing compound that I intend to try at the ASC doesnt remove it? The ASC will demand at least 2k to paint the entire fender otherwise.

Looking foward to any inputs in this area.
Old 4th September 2010, 15:16   #90
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by n.devdath View Post
Last week, I had been to a house warming ceremony at T Narsipur close to Mysore where some village kid has written/scratched her name "Sahana" on Hariya's front left fender. The scratch luckily is not too deep and has not touched the primer or the metal underneath it. It is not too wide either.

Can Collinite or any other product help remove it if the rubbing compound that I intend to try at the ASC doesnt remove it? The ASC will demand at least 2k to paint the entire fender otherwise.

Looking foward to any inputs in this area.
Collinite is a insulator wax and IMO does not have abrasive properties.
Use a good quality rubbing compound, and target one small area at a time (say 1 letter) to break it down.

Same thing happened to me last week when my car was covered with dust and some street urchin drew sun, moon etc on the hatch (in the process scratching the paint by fingernails). I used meguiars ultimate compound to totally remove it, then used cleaner wax, and finally topped that up with collinite. Same thing for the hood.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks