Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 12th August 2011, 00:39   #406
Senior - BHPian

Re: "The First" from the SPEEDSPORT stable !!

CHEAP !! LOL I know what these things cost and in my opinion they look good too. Congrats on the new S Drives, They are lovely tires. Much better in every term compared to the GIII's you had earlier.
m4ugr8 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th August 2011, 00:52   #407
BHPian

I said Cheap-looking, I do see Sparco written over it.

And that's just my opinion, Ricky_63 didn't agree and that's it. Its not my car after all.
Let's leave it at that.

Last edited by abhipuru16 : 12th August 2011 at 00:53.
Old 12th August 2011, 10:43   #408
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhipuru16 View Post
Have you used MGP ones?

The car is a Zxi so it had MGP mudflaps already, one broke, so I requested a change. So yes I have used them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by m4ugr8 View Post
CHEAP !! LOL I know what these things cost and in my opinion they look good too. Congrats on the new S Drives, They are lovely tires. Much better in every term compared to the GIII's you had earlier.

Well yes the S-Drives are nice. Was getting Advan Neovas as well, but at 8.5 each (production date 2008), I thought these were better at 5.7k - once the car is running forged internals (God Willing) sometime in the distant future , I may go in for the Advans then, if I feel the need, the need for speed !!

Quote:

And that's just my opinion, Ricky_63 didn't agree and that's it. Its not my car after all.
Let's leave it at that.

Yes - you are so right. I did not agree with you. But then you are welcome to say that they look horrible - if you think so. No problem, after all you are expressing YOUR views.

Cheers

Last edited by Ricky_63 : 12th August 2011 at 10:58.
Old 12th August 2011, 13:32   #409
BHPian

Hi Ricky_63

I think abhi is talking about that cup shaped mud flaps , i did asked you long time back that why dont you use the cup shaped one .

abhipuru16 ricky swift has old model bumpers so that mudflaps cant be fitted on to them , MGP mudflaps for old bumpers will be same as sparco .

Well i like that sparco written over those mudflaps .

Quote:

Let's leave it at that.
Old 13th August 2011, 10:53   #410
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Safari_Beast View Post
Hi Ricky_63

I think abhi is talking about that cup shaped mud flaps , i did asked you long time back that why dont you use the cup shaped one .

abhipuru16 ricky swift has old model bumpers so that mudflaps cant be fitted on to them , MGP mudflaps for old bumpers will be same as sparco .

Well i like that sparco written over those mudflaps .

Spot on !! My car is a 2006, so the "cup" shaped ones do not fit & also they do precious little to protect from stones & water spray on the underbody or the poor guy behind you ! These ones atleast do the job they are supposed to

Cheers
Old 13th August 2011, 10:59   #411
BHPian

The mudflaps you have on your car do not get broke up easily like the cup holders . In my swift the cup holder one get out of hinges quite often , i have to get them fit time and again .

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ricky_63 View Post
Spot on !! My car is a 2006, so the "cup" shaped ones do not fit & also they do precious little to protect from stones & water spray on the underbody or the poor guy behind you ! These ones atleast do the job they are supposed to

Cheers
Old 13th August 2011, 13:26   #412
Senior - BHPian

I agree with the sparco mudflaps looking cheap, i have seen these on taxis, sumos etc. But yeah i also agree they do their job better than the oem ones. You can probarbly pray the chorme part with a black paint or remove the chrome bit. Or, what ever rocks your boat man, nice car!
Old 13th August 2011, 15:22   #413
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by heavy_foot View Post
I agree with the sparco mudflaps looking cheap, i have seen these on taxis, sumos etc. But yeah i also agree they do their job better than the oem ones. You can probarbly pray the chorme part with a black paint or remove the chrome bit. Or, what ever rocks your boat man, nice car!

Taxis & Sumos with Sparco mud flaps man I never know the taxi business was "that" lucrative"

On the brighter side, I might get flagged down, and make some money on the side.

All in all they do a great job of keeping stones, water spray etc under control, so for me they are good !!

And yes thanks, good to know you like the car !

Cheers
Old 14th August 2011, 21:15   #414
Senior - BHPian

Had an emergency braking situation again today. Cabs in Gurgaon have a knack of crossing over the center median into the opposite lane...the S-Drives did seem like a worthwhile investment after today's experiance

Cheers
Old 15th August 2011, 08:44   #415
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ricky_63
Had an emergency braking situation again today. Cabs in Gurgaon have a knack of crossing over the center median into the opposite lane...the S-Drives did seem like a worthwhile investment after today's experiance

Cheers
Ricky_63 - I am glad you are safe. This might be an oversight on my part, did u also upgrade the braking of the car as part of mods.

Best - ML
Motoringlover is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th August 2011, 10:52   #416
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Motoringlover View Post
Ricky_63 - I am glad you are safe. This might be an oversight on my part, did u also upgrade the braking of the car as part of mods.

Best - ML

The brakes on my car are stock so far, new MGP brake pads is what I have, will be going in for Mintex, have asked for a quote.

As for the incident yesterday, I was not very fast, so the brakes held very well, the behaviour of the tyres was the difference I felt immediately...

Cheers
Ricky_63 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th August 2011, 19:45   #417
Senior - BHPian

UPDATE

After the car came back from Speedsport, it was the first tankful to tankful that I did today, it used to give 10 kmpl which was pretty acceptable, but this time it returned 8.2 kmpl That is almost INR 10 per kilometer. Damn the rising cost of fuel !!

The drive is nice - there is no smell of unburnt fuel at the tailpipe - tuning does not merit a tweak !!

So all is fair in love & tuning cars !!

Cheers
Old 21st August 2011, 00:52   #418
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ricky_63 View Post
UPDATE

After the car came back from Speedsport, it was the first tankful to tankful that I did today, it used to give 10 kmpl which was pretty acceptable, but this time it returned 8.2 kmpl That is almost INR 10 per kilometer. Damn the rising cost of fuel !!

The drive is nice - there is no smell of unburnt fuel at the tailpipe - tuning does not merit a tweak !!

So all is fair in love & tuning cars !!

Cheers
FE on Turbo charge cars, like Mine and yours depends VERY much on how we drive it. I was also complaining to phil on my Civic's average, in my hands I could not manage anything above 5 KM/LT, but then I was going on boost almost everytime I saw a small piece of empty stretch also

Yesterday PHIL was driving and it returned very decent mileage. Even when my driver drives the civic it returns good, only when I sit and drive it goes for a toss, but the way the car feels and accelerates I hardly complain. Like you said all is fair in love and tuning cars.
Old 21st August 2011, 21:54   #419
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by m4ugr8 View Post
FE on Turbo charge cars, like Mine and yours depends VERY much on how we drive it. I was also complaining to phil on my Civic's average, in my hands I could not manage anything above 5 KM/LT, but then I was going on boost almost everytime I saw a small piece of empty stretch also

Yesterday PHIL was driving and it returned very decent mileage. Even when my driver drives the civic it returns good, only when I sit and drive it goes for a toss, but the way the car feels and accelerates I hardly complain. Like you said all is fair in love and tuning cars.

Quite honestly..the car being away for a while I was driving "only" the Pajero. So driving the Swift was like Nirvana.

BUT I did go very slow initially, as with the new tyres it has way better traction & the moment the boost comes on, one has to have both hands on the steering to control the car

Having said that, the car was mostly driven with a light foot. Hence the "average kya deti hai" came up. Had I been going wild = I would not really have cared

anyways - no complains just NIRVANA

Cheers
Old 11th September 2011, 21:24   #420
Senior - BHPian

Ok guys the average fuel consumption has been 9.2 kmpl over the last tank to tank, nice ? Not sure. Fun = Yes

Cheers

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks