Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 25th October 2007, 20:15   #121
BHPian

OT but a word of caution to tbhpians specially the guys from Goa. RTO is hassling people with dark tints in Panjim around the KTC bustand area. And while i am at it...speed cams installed near Sai Service porvorim to check speeding and overtaking on the bridge.
Old 29th October 2007, 11:49   #122
BHPian

Hi guys. I 'Llumar'ized my Getz (side and back windows) this weekend with a shade called ST50 (50% transparency & 99% UV blockage). Am very pleased with the results.

I notice a considerable reduction in heat coming from direct sunlight, through my driver side window and I don't feel visibility has been affected at all.
Old 2nd November 2007, 01:19   #123

yar there is nothng like tht...film do not hamper your visibility...it just a matter of 2-3 days...and after you are used to it...even i hv a medium film thats around 50% on the windshield...on the day i did that was the only day i feeled that there is somethng on the windshiled...after that...i dont hv any issues...not even in nite and in rainy nites...so u can go for it...i hv a Z black film on rest of the window mirrors...and a 50% film on the frnt...rest is upto you...and it much depends upon the guy who put film on the mirror...if he is not perfect then it would creat prbs at nite....make sure that there is no air bubbles between the glass and the film...n use a gud quality film...
Old 4th November 2007, 12:40   #124
Distinguished - BHPian

Am looking to fit high grade tints in my car this week... I know Vcool is rated the best and most expensive ... How does Llumar compare to Vcool on heat reduction and price?
I want the max heat cut on the windscreen and would like a blackish/grey tinge on my side tints (not too dark). Was told that most high UV cut films of vcool are only available in clear without a tinge of color.
Also can someone provide me with a good source for fitting the same in mumbai? You can never be too sure with the amount of fakes around in the market here and prices qouted r nuts so would like someone reliable.

Last edited by Sahil : 4th November 2007 at 12:42.
Old 4th November 2007, 12:46   #125
Team-BHP Support

there is a vkool dealer in prabhadevi right opp auto hangar.
Old 4th November 2007, 22:31   #126
BHPian

Hey there, You can also go to the one at vileparle, next to Dominoes pizza.
Old 5th November 2007, 12:24   #127
Senior - BHPian

what ever be the legal hassles after a lot of deliberations i have finally got my verna fitted with classic dark mistic grey film.This has worked wonders and heat rejection is fantastic.it depends on funtionality .if you need it go for it.

ram
Old 5th November 2007, 14:08   #128
Distinguished - BHPian

I dont need add of Vcool retail outlet... i know where they are located... My query is what is the main difference between Vcool and Llumar in terms of heat cut% and price.
And will local dealer like milan subway be cheaper than offical Vcool retail outlets?
Old 11th November 2007, 00:12   #129
BHPian

Got a garware icecool grand done for the windows, rear and icecool shield for the windshield total for 7500.
Although the heat cutoff is impressive it is just 2 days and I am noticing bubbles in the side ones.
Film carries 5 year warranty.
Can I crib to the dealer?
Does it get fixed over time or worsens?
Can the guy fix it up now?
Do I need support to fight it out?
Old 11th November 2007, 10:17   #130
BHPian

LLumar and v-kool are both good in cutting out the heat...However price wise im no expert, but they say that v-kool is kinda expensive if the midrange tints are compared to llumar, but if you go into the high end ones, then they both work out to be kinda the same i guess..correct me if im wrong.
Old 29th November 2007, 11:28   #131
BHPian

Hi Guys.. I have garware on my santro. I want to put 3M or llumar. Is it possible to replace the sun film without any damage to glass ?
Old 1st December 2007, 06:51   #132
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by naughtyfaction View Post
Hi Guys.. I have garware on my santro. I want to put 3M or llumar. Is it possible to replace the sun film without any damage to glass ?
Go to any reputed workman an they will remove it w/o any damage.
Old 1st December 2007, 09:24   #133
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by naughtyfaction View Post
There is no reason why the glass has to be damaged unless the work is carried out by an inexperienced person. However, some dealers do charge an extra fee for removing the old film. This is where your bargaining skills should come into play.
Old 3rd January 2008, 12:12   #134
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sahil View Post
I dont need add of Vcool retail outlet... i know where they are located... My query is what is the main difference between Vcool and Llumar in terms of heat cut% and price.
And will local dealer like milan subway be cheaper than offical Vcool retail outlets?
Think one need to compare UV rejection and VSL to know the quality of the product.
Old 3rd January 2008, 21:27   #135
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vid6639 View Post
The prices are insane? i would suggest you not go for V-kool at those rates. Try Llumar instead. their lowest model which is silver series will cost you Rs.1400 for the alto side windows + rear hatch. For the front the complete transparent one i.e. diamond series costs 4.5K.

You mention V-kool diamond series? I'm not sure if you mean llumar or v-kool.

was quoted 2000rs for LLlumar SR50 for Alto sides and back.

Or should I go for Garware Classic @ 1300Rs

Front will be Garware @ 2250Rs. VFM.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks