Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 3rd May 2009, 21:06   #331
BHPian

This is my fist time posting a message on this forum though I have been researching various subjects for a very long time here, I have decided on Llumar windshield film after reading here & many other decisions were made thanks to team BHP, however I was very disappointed with sprocket car accessories shop at Koramnangala, Bangalore, I had read lot of good reviews regarding this place so I even got the directions & address from this forum & visited to get a keyless entry fitted to my Innova which already has a central locking, he had only autocop & nothing else, quoted 4500/- while the same is 3500/- on JC road, when I said I had read good reviews on the net & the JC road rate he said final 4000/-, he showd me a autocop set with new type of remote, I agreed even though I didn’t want that brand & wanted something different, finally the type fitted was the older model & not the new remote shown, when asked he said that was for four door set & it was 6000/- & the one needed for this car is 1 door set, actually the one actuator that comes with it is also kept with those guys & not given to us, the fitting is no better than those at JC road, (it’s the same rough handling guys). This place has got used to people who leave the cars & cards & come back later, not interested in what is done & how, I had a very bad experience there & thought I should share it with others.
I also would like to agree with the majority of posts regarding Hot tracks & Anil, I know the guys since 90’s & yes he is a pain, make you feel cheap & irritated, of course we didn’t have much of a choice back then, had to go & get ragged by him time & time again, plenty of choices now.
Old 4th May 2009, 18:54   #332
BHPian

Not VFM shops!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by west View Post
can you give me location in kavuri hills of enex and stunnerz?
I guess these two are the costliest shops around. Xenex is right opposite to the food world / Health and Glow. When you cross the madhapur police station when you are going towards Jubilee Hils, take the first left and Xenex is the fist shop you can see.

I was quoted around 1.5 times the price last year for my DVD player and speakers. I always keep away from these shops.

I don't find any good (reliable and VFM) shop nearby this area.
Old 2nd July 2009, 14:11   #333
BHPian

Guys any place in Mumbai / Thane where i can have some good headlamp bulbs, power horns, K & N for my palio S10 .. PLease suggest.

Cheers !
Old 2nd July 2009, 16:45   #334
Senior - BHPian

Surprised that no one from goa has inputs to this fine thread. How is Impact at panaji? Only one who sells Yokos. Parijat for tyres only and he stocks mich, B'stones, JK.
Old 2nd July 2009, 17:19   #335
BHPian

Impact is good, a bit expensive thou. I recommend the following shops:

Onwheels : Near Taj Vivanta ( good for music systems/sun filming / has buy back option etc) Nice and friendly person and a personal friend of mine
Contact person : Nitin

Speed Shop : At caranzalem , Miramar. Stocks everything, amazing alloys / body kits / CAIs) . Nice and friendly person, and if theres something thats not available with him , he will source it for you, unlike others that go " NO"
Contact Person : Kenneth

There are many others who sell yokos at much lower price than Impact, Kenneth is one, plus a dealer at Margao.

Quote:
Originally Posted by goandude View Post
Surprised that no one from goa has inputs to this fine thread. How is Impact at panaji? Only one who sells Yokos. Parijat for tyres only and he stocks mich, B'stones, JK.
Old 19th August 2009, 02:34   #336

Seat Covers For Elantra

HI Everyone,

Need help from folks in and around mumbai to help me locate few places where i can get quality fitting good looking seat covers. door trims, steering wrap, gear knob preferably all in leather (black)

Budget for seat covers alone should be close to 6-7k, please advice how much would it cost for rest of the items

Need to get my interiors cleaned, possibly a bubble wash(presuming thats what it is called), how much would it cost and where do i get it done

and very importantly need to get a rear spoiler for the car one with tail light, how much would it cost?

Please reply at your earliest conveinience, little urgent though
Old 19th August 2009, 13:30   #337
GTO
Team-BHP Support

A trip to Milan subway! You'll get all of them and then some more at great prices. Though I have shopped from Milan subway intermittently, am more of a regular customer at Bharat Audio (Worli) and Auto King (Shivaji Park).
Old 19th August 2009, 23:31   #338
BHPian

Hi Zmagic. Yesterday I visited an accessories shop in Pune called Carax (CARAX- India's largest car accessories store) in Pune Mumbai Exp. Highway, a km ahead of Hinjewadi Fly over. A multistoried car accessories mega store. You can get alloys, ICE, Seat covers, Films (3M, Lummar, garware), Steering covers, Gear knobs and many more. I must say if you want to fit ICE please do visit this store. They have 3 demo halls for brands like sony, JVC, panasonic, Pioneer, Kenwood and the experience was fabulous. If you are visiting Pune, please do visit Carax and don't forget to share your experience.

Quote:
Originally Posted by zmagic View Post
HI Everyone,

Need help from folks in and around mumbai to help me locate few places where i can get quality fitting good looking seat covers. door trims, steering wrap, gear knob preferably all in leather (black)

Budget for seat covers alone should be close to 6-7k, please advice how much would it cost for rest of the items

Need to get my interiors cleaned, possibly a bubble wash(presuming thats what it is called), how much would it cost and where do i get it done

and very importantly need to get a rear spoiler for the car one with tail light, how much would it cost?

Please reply at your earliest conveinience, little urgent though

Last edited by gaddiwale : 19th August 2009 at 23:33.
Old 20th August 2009, 09:55   #339
BHPian

auto-shop. Bangalore

Yesterday, i had been to Auto shop, Koramangala after reading all the good reviews about them here. I found them a complete rip-off and totally un-ethical. I had been there to change the connector (power supply and speakers output) of the Pioneer head unit on my Palio, as the service guys @ Greentracks had competely messed it up. I had earlier enquired about the conncetor at a rather small car accessories shop in HSR layout and they quoted some 250 bucks.

At autoshop, the moment I explained the issue, he quotes 600 bucks. In the mean while, I had followed the guy who does the fittings and he promptly gets the conenctor from some room inside (The guy was so bent upon not taking me with him into shop. I sensed some foulplay and trailed him). The owner unaware of the fact that I was there at the entrance, screams at the guy for taking the conenctor out. I overheard him saying that he was planning to say that its out of stock and then source it from elsewhere and quote a bigger price.

I was stunned at this, thanked him to the core of my heart and walked out. Its a matter of a couple of hundreds, but the way they fooled around was ridiculous!

Maybe i was the only one to have this kind of experiance with them, but i suggest to be cautious when you deal with autoshop.
Old 31st August 2009, 09:22   #340
BHPian

Formula1 or Turtle Wax in HYD

I have been trying to source Formula 1 or Turtle Wax polishes in Hyderabad but I am not sure of their geniunity.

Can somebody in Hyderabad, suggest some shops that stock some authentic stuff and the price at which it is available.

I stay in secunderabad, so am looking at nearby places(Minister Rd, Somajiguada, Ameerpet etc) if available.

Thanks in advance!
Old 8th September 2009, 10:59   #341
BHPian

Went through the thread but could not find any recent reccomendations for good accessory shops on JC road.. I need to install Central locking (Autocop/Xenos) and reverse parking sensors for my car.

Any recommendations for shops in Bangalore on JC road?
Old 8th September 2009, 11:30   #342
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by saikatmandal04 View Post
I have been trying to source Formula 1 or Turtle Wax polishes in Hyderabad but I am not sure of their geniunity.

Can somebody in Hyderabad, suggest some shops that stock some authentic stuff and the price at which it is available.

I stay in secunderabad, so am looking at nearby places(Minister Rd, Somajiguada, Ameerpet etc) if available.

Thanks in advance!
Your best bet is to catch hold of someone who is a Metro ( Kukatpally) supermarket member and purchase from there as you will be guaranteed genuinity. Just remember minimum purchase in Metro is Rs.1000 and only cash is accepted.
Old 10th September 2009, 17:03   #343
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobike008 View Post
Your best bet is to catch hold of someone who is a Metro ( Kukatpally) supermarket member and purchase from there as you will be guaranteed genuinity. Just remember minimum purchase in Metro is Rs.1000 and only cash is accepted.

Thanks.. yeah i know thats the best bet. But I dont know of anybody who can get me stuffs from the Metro. So I am looking for the 2nd best option available in the accessories shop in hyderabad. Seems none of them sell the geniune stuff.

Any other alternative?
Old 11th October 2009, 12:37   #344
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fountainheader View Post
Guess its called "Haute Car Zone"

Anyone's been there ?
I did notice it a few months back. I havent had chance to visit it yet. I am going there today to get some car cleaning products and floor mats. I hope, their prices are sensible.

cheers
Old 11th October 2009, 13:47   #345
Senior - BHPian

Anyone can give some accessory shop name-location in/around Mangalore?
Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks