Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 4th December 2006, 00:01   #61
Senior - BHPian

@dhir,

You got all the things which you have to replace.
Do you want to DIY project or some electrician will do the job ?

Mugen.
Old 4th December 2006, 10:46   #62
BHPian

Can anybody explain H1, H2, H3 .. H7 "ratings"? What do they indicate?

Agent Smith.
Old 4th December 2006, 11:34   #63
Team-BHP Support

[
Quote:
Originally Posted by agentsmith View Post
Can anybody explain H1, H2, H3 .. H7 "ratings"? What do they indicate?

Agent Smith.
They are not ratings, they are specifications.
H4 is the standard halogen with low high beam in one bulb.
Then you have a different specification for fog lamp halogens.
They concern the shape and design of the halogen bulbs and are not "ratings".
Old 6th December 2006, 12:09   #64
BHPian

Yesterday I went to an auto accessories shop, asking for prices of different headlights.
1. Philips Blue Vision 90/100 - He said, he wouldnt suggest it for high way driving...
2. Narva - again white light... not advisable
3. Philips Rally 90/100.... he advised me to go for it.... He also added, I wouldnt require any extra fitting as I own an accent. It seems accent already comes with cut outs and relays...

So my questions:
1. Have any one used white light on highways?... How is the visibility of highway driving?
2. What he said about accent is true? (ie about the CutOuts and relays already built in for accent?)

regards,
ant.
Old 6th December 2006, 12:18   #65
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsk1979 View Post
Talking about high low together, the indica allows that.
The Dicor does as well, by pulling the stalk towards you when on low beam......
Old 6th December 2006, 12:19   #66
Senior - BHPian

osram silver star is the best upgrade possible without installing any cutout and without damaging the plastic of headlight assy. else go for complete xenon upgrade. temporary addition of lights can come by putting on bioth beams together. i have done that there is marked improvement in total beam spread but cant comment on how long will it last if used for long. i have put in a additional switch and relay for this purpose.

Last edited by gigy : 6th December 2006 at 12:21.
Old 6th December 2006, 13:17   #67
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anToNIcHeN View Post
1. Philips Blue Vision 90/100 - He said, he wouldnt suggest it for high way driving...
2. Narva - again white light... not advisable
3. Philips Rally 90/100.... he advised me to go for it....
For what it's worth, the chaps at Sringar recommended all the three (infact all the headlights rated 90/100+) to be good for highway driving.

Quote:
Originally Posted by anToNIcHeN View Post
So my questions:
1. Have any one used white light on highways?... How is the visibility of highway driving?
This would be good to know, in any case.

Smith.
Old 6th December 2006, 14:26   #68
Team-BHP Support

White light reflects much better of road markings, and reflectors. This is my personal experience. Apart from that there are other factors which are important
1. Reflector shape and beam spread
2. Headlight aiming - This is very important. Improper aiming can make waste of even the best headlights.

I am using white lights in my indica. Currently the wiring is original, so the bulbs are not getting exact 12V. I will get a PMP wiring kit which should make things even better.

For clear lens lights, I think white is great, as I have seen on Getz with 60/55W Vision+.
Drove in hills/highways/snow and the lights were simple awesome.
Old 6th December 2006, 15:00   #69
BHPian

Quote:
I will get a PMP wiring kit which should make things even better.

For clear lens lights, I think white is great, as I have seen on Getz with 60/55W Vision+.
Drove in hills/highways/snow and the lights were simple awesome.
tsk1979,

Which place in Noida did you get this done? And do thay have the PMP kit as well? How was the installation? I was in sector 16 on Monday to fix a pair of Bosch horns on my OHC and their installation guy was scary !

Did you try out the Phillips Rally series, as there are a lot of compliments for that bulb in this thread. Are the Narva as blue as the blueVision? I am not looking for those bluish white beams. White, and if not, then regular halogen golden is what I prefer.

Gears,
Red-One.
Old 6th December 2006, 15:08   #70
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedOne View Post
tsk1979,

Which place in Noida did you get this done? And do thay have the PMP kit as well? How was the installation? I was in sector 16 on Monday to fix a pair of Bosch horns on my OHC and their installation guy was scary !

Did you try out the Phillips Rally series, as there are a lot of compliments for that bulb in this thread. Are the Narva as blue as the blueVision? I am not looking for those bluish white beams. White, and if not, then regular halogen golden is what I prefer.

Gears,
Red-One.
Hi,
I am yet to get a PMP kit. could not find in NOIDA. So will try Lajpat nagar during the weekend.
I used to have 130/110W Phillips rally, but the bulb got damaged.
So I got roots 100/90W which were very bad.
Now I have Narva 100/90W and am happy with them, though ideally I would prefer Osram Silverstar if I get them anyday! But the bulb is white light(just like bluevision) and in normal light range the brightest ones are Osram Silverstar if you look at luminosity. Hella 100/90W are also supposed to be pretty good but never tried them.
you can go for 100/90W Phillips rally in your OHC, but to get full benefit you will need wiring kit
Old 6th December 2006, 15:18   #71
BHPian

Quote:
you can go for 100/90W Phillips rally in your OHC, but to get full benefit you will need wiring kit
Thanks. Which shop in Noida did you go to? Did they have the Phillips rally bulbs as well?

Also, after your search, do let me know where you were able to find the PMP kit in Delhi.

Gears,
Red-One.
Old 6th December 2006, 15:24   #72
Senior - BHPian

Tanveer, not sure what I have on the Dicor now but will Navra or Osram fit in without any modifications or additional wiring/relays?

The high-low (together) beam intensity is what I'd ideally like to have & of course its not feasible to keep the stalk pulled towards you all the time!
Old 6th December 2006, 15:33   #73
Team-BHP Support

Suman,
you should never do that. You will blow the bulb if you do high low together for long periods
If you dont want to go for relay's you can go for Silverstar 60/55W or Philips Vision+(Not bluevision or diamond vision). 60/55W.
they will give better light than stock but nothing beats 100/90W, for which you will need a relay atleast.
Since safari has fog lams, I suggest you go for the silverstar 60/55W. You can contact Osram.co.in for dealer info etc.,
I used 60/55W Philips vision+ in Getz and was pretty happy.

RedOne, I think noida is more of luck. Sometimes these guys have stuff in stock sometimes not. I think Lajpat nagar is a better option. If you want we can go together on sat evening(5ish).
Old 6th December 2006, 15:51   #74
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by suman View Post
The high-low (together) beam intensity is what I'd ideally like to have & of course its not feasible to keep the stalk pulled towards you all the time!
Suman may I suggest the magic word XENONS
Old 6th December 2006, 15:56   #75
BHPian

Quote:

RedOne, I think noida is more of luck. Sometimes these guys have stuff in stock sometimes not. I think Lajpat nagar is a better option. If you want we can go together on sat evening(5ish).
Ok. Will PM you Friday for contact no if I can make it on Saturday.

Gears,
Red-One.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks