Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 30th May 2006, 23:16   #61
Senior - BHPian

:9... Oh... lost one of the tones in my Stebel Nautilus... its hardly been a month since I installed it... one tone just stopped working!!

Any ideas folks?
Old 30th May 2006, 23:18   #62
aZa
Senior - BHPian

Guys is there any Multi tone LOUD horns ? Having just one horn kinda gets boring ?
Old 30th May 2006, 23:23   #63
BHPian

Guys any idea wat the DB of a stock horn is??? (Indica,Swift)
Old 31st May 2006, 02:32   #64
lancer_mania

i got the hella red grills for 300 bucks in bombay...whre did you get them for 1000.so did i get fakes ?? other red grill owners plz temme how much u got utr horns for.

Old 31st May 2006, 13:58   #65
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aZa
Guys is there any Multi tone LOUD horns ? Having just one horn kinda gets boring ?
Just fit in a melody maker. It should solve your problem.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shiva_cool87
Guys any idea wat the DB of a stock horn is??? (Indica,Swift)
It is 105 db.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kb100
:9... Oh... lost one of the tones in my Stebel Nautilus... its hardly been a month since I installed it... one tone just stopped working!!

Any ideas folks?
Red/ yellow or black grils and good finishes does not make any difference when plonked inside the bonet of the car. In my experience there is none to beat Roots MEGASONIC. It makes a humming sound prevail in ear's of bystanders for a few seconds (after so much search Identified it as the most irrititating horn). I am going to get one, as my windtone is not being respected by pedestrians and bicyclewalas.
Old 31st May 2006, 14:21   #66
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sushrutha
Oops is this the horn with a chrome finish & pretty big? If so , they JUST ROCK...... i have seen those in Ambassador, Jeep.... particularly in Andhra & TN vehicles....
Yes exactly.
Have a look at http://www.rootsindia.com/html/megasonic.html.

Only problem is that it weighs 1.25 Kgs. Will need a solid place to mount.

Last edited by ksethuram : 31st May 2006 at 14:24.
Old 31st May 2006, 20:08   #67
aZa
Senior - BHPian

Someone give me more info on "MELODY MAKER" please. I already have a 8 tone koizer horn, if i replace the "horns" with say some other horns like Hella RED grill will the Control Box still shell out the 8 tones ? aah I'm confused :( some links or something guys ? and how much would this melody maker be for
Old 31st May 2006, 21:39   #68
lancer_mania

but i have bought hella red grills before too and they costed me 350.im certain about it.and also the ones i bought dont hav a relay or anythin.

Old 31st May 2006, 22:38   #69
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ksethuram
Yes exactly.
Have a look at http://www.rootsindia.com/html/megasonic.html.

Only problem is that it weighs 1.25 Kgs. Will need a solid place to mount.
these are HORNS! damn loud!

For understanding its effectttt; stand in frnt of white Ambassadors used by MLA etc. Damn. I swear at anyone who uses them against me and let them overtake and then blast them with my Stebel and Bosch vibrasonics
Old 1st June 2006, 01:18   #70
lancer_mania

can some one who has original hella red grills please post the picture so i can see the defference between mine and those

Old 1st June 2006, 01:59   #71
lancer_mania

oh yes and my mechanic installed the horns without any relay or anythin.what is a relay.why is it necessary ? can it be fitted without a relay,

Old 1st June 2006, 05:40   #72
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by lancer_mania
oh yes and my mechanic installed the horns without any relay or anythin.what is a relay.why is it necessary ? can it be fitted without a relay,
A relay is used to isolate your control from actual circuit. For example in case of a normal headlight, you flick a switch. Without the relay the entire current would be through one circuit. Normal circuit may be rated for about 7amps. So when you got for a higher wattage you need 10amps
So a relay will just isolate your switch, ie your switch will still have smaller current, with the headlight circuit getting the higher current.

I have seen higher wattage bulbs work without a relay too, but its pushing the circuit to its limits. Imagine on a dark stormy night your headlight circuit goes kaput. So always get a relay, it costs 200-300rs and will save your wiring etc.,
tsk1979 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st June 2006, 10:36   #73
aZa
Senior - BHPian

Guys some info on Melody Maker ?

Where to get it ? how much etc ?
Old 1st June 2006, 15:02   #74
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkdas
these are HORNS! damn loud!

For understanding its effectttt; stand in frnt of white Ambassadors used by MLA etc. Damn. I swear at anyone who uses them against me and let them overtake and then blast them with my Stebel and Bosch vibrasonics
That is a cool idea, but i feel even after allowing to overtake, the after effects of Megasonic can be felt in the ear. That is what makes it king of horns.

Quote:
Originally Posted by aZa
Someone give me more info on "MELODY MAKER" please. I already have a 8 tone koizer horn, if i replace the "horns" with say some other horns like Hella RED grill will the Control Box still shell out the 8 tones ? aah I'm confused :( some links or something guys ? and how much would this melody maker be for
Yes i feel the control box u have now should allow you to plug in a new pair of horns, but make sure that you find a pair with similar current consumption. I have no idea abt koizer or Hella RED grill so cannot comment.

Melody maker link http://www.rootsindia.com/html/melody_maker.html.

I am going to GP road today. Will update you the price of melody maker after i come back.

Last edited by ksethuram : 1st June 2006 at 15:14.
Old 1st June 2006, 16:35   #75
Senior - BHPian

hmmmmmmmm...i got the hella too and they are bloody powerful.

Last edited by revtech : 1st June 2006 at 16:36.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks