Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 29th November 2006, 14:37   #106
Senior - BHPian

yo, spend some decent money. @ 1200 you get roots vibrasonic or 950 for hella redgrill
Old 29th November 2006, 15:52   #107
BANNED

Sad news: Both my Stebels have died within 3 months. Even the Hella Redgrill isn't blowing properly. Not quite sure why because they were all genuine and installed by a proper electrician.

Think I'll try Roots now...
Old 29th November 2006, 16:07   #108
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boom Shiva View Post
Sad news: Both my Stebels have died within 3 months. Even the Hella Redgrill isn't blowing properly. Not quite sure why because they were all genuine and installed by a proper electrician.

what abt warranty. Hellas would have to be dumped I guess. Roots horns can be repaired.

and wher was these installed in the car?
Old 29th November 2006, 17:28   #109
BANNED

Hella redgrills can't be repaired easily I know. But if it's kept in a safe place, then they wont die so easily.

The same goes for Stebel. man, those are just ideal for our highways.
Old 29th November 2006, 17:53   #110
Senior - BHPian

Where is the best place to install this on an Alto? I have no suggestions as of now. I want to make sure that my baby in the car doesn't get frightened when I blow the horn. I have seen some setup where your legs get a vibrating feeling when the horn is blown.
Old 29th November 2006, 19:38   #111
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

Which stebels ? Nautilius or red grill ?
A good shopkeeper told me that dont buy Hella red grill now on, its not original either it is reconditioned or it is fake.
Then i got stebel nautilius from that guy and satisfied with the sound.

Mugen.
Old 29th November 2006, 20:05   #112
BANNED

Horn mounting locations for Alto.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mail4ajo View Post
Where is the best place to install this on an Alto? I have no suggestions as of now. I want to make sure that my baby in the car doesn't get frightened when I blow the horn.
In an Alto, remove the front bumpers. If it's a Vibrosonic, then fix it somewhere in the body frame right next to the radiator. Make sure you fix it in a solid metal frame rather than any humble fumble ones. Dont ever fix it on the location where the stock horn comes or next to the shock mountings. The inside sound will be bigger than the outside.

For Stebel Nautilus, I've found one nice location in Alto. After you remove the front bumpers get the car on a ramp. Go under and find a location between the exhaust manifold and the front frame. Make sure it's secured in a way that the horn doesn't touch the exhaust manifold. Otherwise your horn will soon melt with heat. This location is not exposed to rain water and it can still throw all the sound out to the front. And the best part? it doesn't sound bad inside.
Quote:
I have seen some setup where your legs get a vibrating feeling when the horn is blown.
That should be an Omni!!
Old 29th November 2006, 20:46   #113
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedzak View Post
In an Alto, remove the front bumpers. If it's a Vibrosonic, then fix it somewhere in the body frame right next to the radiator. ...
mine was done by hyundai service center guys. neat job
Old 29th November 2006, 21:12   #114
Senior - BHPian

[quote=speedzak;
That should be an Omni!![/quote]

That was intelligent guessing. That ride gave me a feet massage from Tiruvalla to Kottarakara. Do you have any pics on your horn install?

Jkdas, where is your horn installed?
Old 29th November 2006, 21:25   #115
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
That was intelligent guessing. That ride gave me a feet massage from Tiruvalla to Kottarakara. Do you have any pics on your horn install?

Jkdas, where is your horn installed?
my horn? emm, after some bacardi?

behind the bumper...
Old 29th November 2006, 21:32   #116
BANNED

No pics dude. Your mechanic would be able to understand it better. Just explain to him that you want the horns inside the grills and not inside the Engine bay.
Old 30th November 2006, 11:00   #117
BANNED

2 Stebel Nautilus were on either side behind the front bumper next to the fog lights. Hella Redgrills were in place of the stock horn. All had thick guage wiring and relays installed. The Stebels were wired independently and had their own switch.

Sadly they're all gone phut.
Old 1st December 2006, 11:01   #118
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
2 Stebel Nautilus were on either side behind the front bumper next to the fog lights. Hella Redgrills were in place of the stock horn. All had thick guage wiring and relays installed. The Stebels were wired independently and had their own switch.

Sadly they're all gone phut.
I asked coz i wanted to know if they went kaput coz they were installed outside the car in front of bumper or so and hence rain and sun ...u know
Old 1st December 2006, 11:12   #119
BANNED

Heh. JK it's an Optra not a truck...
Old 8th December 2006, 10:20   #120
BHPian

I put in a pair of Hella "Twin Tone" yesterday (110 db), with a switch with my OEM horns @ 950. They sound like the Octavia horn, but much much louder and shrill. When the switch is off the OEM sounds and when its on the Hella comes to life. Used it only twice and seen the results...People just jump away from your way. I am happy now.

Last edited by hyper-VTEC : 8th December 2006 at 10:25.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks