Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 30th July 2007, 13:43   #211
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaggu View Post
Stieble nautilus, while it sounds good dont last too much of abuse. The clip that holds the trumpet to the pump came loose and finally broke, so now i am left with a working pump but leaking trumpet. :(
Jaggu bhai mine lasted for around 6 years after the compressor required its first service and within some months it conked off and this was the only horn that was used as the company fixed ones had conked off.The musical one was used on the highways and the plain sounding one was used in the city.
Old 30th July 2007, 15:25   #212
Senior - BHPian

A new product from Roots:

VIBROMAX

Voltage 12 V 24 V

Current Consumption 4.0 A 3.0 A

Fundamental Frequency
: High Tone : 400 Hz
: Low Tone : 325 Hz

Sound Pressure Level : 120 dB(A)

Weight in Kg : 1.25

Vs

Vibrosonic

Voltage : 12 V

Current Consumption: 4 A

Fundamental Frequency
: High Tone : 505 Hz
: Low Tone : 425 Hz

Sound Pressure Level : 110 dB(A) Pair

Weight in Kg : 0.7 ( Set )

Vs

Megasonic

Voltage 12 V 24 V

Current Consumption 4.0 A 3.0 A

Fundamental Frequency
: High Tone : 395 Hz
: Low Tone : 315 Hz

Sound Pressure Level : 125 dB(A)

Weight in Kg : 1.25

Roots distributors (Bangalore):

Quote:
Mr. P.C.Laiju, Area Manager
M/s. Poomkudy Agencies Ltd
89/01, 7th Cross Road, Wilson Gardens
Hosur Road
Bangalore - 560 027
(Ph: 080-22241888, 22216726)
(Mobile: 98867-57810)
Email: blr@poomkudy.com
Quote:
Mr. Subhash Mittal, Mr.Ajay Mittal
M/s. Subhash Automobiles
36, 1st Floor, 2nd Cross, Journalist Colony
Bangalore - 560 002
(Ph: 080-22991294, 51247928, 51247750)
(Mobile: 098440-21972)

Last edited by dadu : 30th July 2007 at 15:33. Reason: Added dealer details
Old 30th July 2007, 16:15   #213
BHPian

After reading the posts, I could not make a decision. Can any one suggest me a horn (Not anything which need a pressure pipe to feed in) for the Safari? I am looking for something at maximum extreme that law allows.

I would be in great comfort if I can get to know the price range (Hyderabad- preferably and shop location will be a greater help!) Hope there cant be much difference in price across the country.

The option I have now is either a red grill or anything from roots (Nautilus don't have anything which can be used in city without breaking rules, am I right here?)
Old 30th July 2007, 16:22   #214
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by binoy_tharakan View Post
After reading the posts, I could not make a decision. Can any one suggest me a horn (Not anything which need a pressure pipe to feed in) for the Safari? I am looking for something at maximum extreme that law allows.

I would be in great comfort if I can get to know the price range (Hyderabad- preferably and shop location will be a greater help!) Hope there cant be much difference in price across the country.

The option I have now is either a red grill or anything from roots (Nautilus don't have anything which can be used in city without breaking rules, am I right here?)
you can check out Sprocket in Dharam Karam Road, Ameerpet, they have pretty exhaustive collection of almost everything related to automobiles. They are also aware about tbhp, so you will get a good deal ( just dont say it in the first instance ). I can send you the number of the installer there if you'd like.
Old 1st August 2007, 13:27   #215
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobike008 View Post
you can check out Sprocket in Dharam Karam Road, Ameerpet, they have pretty exhaustive collection of almost everything related to automobiles. They are also aware about tbhp, so you will get a good deal ( just dont say it in the first instance ). I can send you the number of the installer there if you'd like.
Thanks Mobike,
I have been to a street near Ameerpet where all the auto accessory shops are accumulated, I think you are referring the same place. I agree its good to go directly to the shop and inquire about the stuff, but instead thought to get the legal limitations before I do the street research and fix a power horn.
Old 1st August 2007, 14:16   #216
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Thanks Mobike,
I have been to a street near Ameerpet where all the auto accessory shops are accumulated, I think you are referring the same place. I agree its good to go directly to the shop and inquire about the stuff, but instead thought to get the legal limitations before I do the street research and fix a power horn.
Nope. This street has only this one accessory shop. It's called Dharam Karam road. Another landmark is it's diagonally opposite to Challa Nursing Home.
Old 1st August 2007, 15:05   #217
Team-BHP Support

Roots Vibrosonics on my bike.

cost: 950
cutout: 70
install: 120
Old 1st August 2007, 18:21   #218
Senior - BHPian

Stebel Nautilus is the thing for you. And it doesn't break the rules either. At least not here..in NCR. Comes for a thou.

Quote:

Old 1st August 2007, 19:08   #219
BHPian

Quote:
I got the Roots Vibrasonic installed in my Safari and its plenty loud and moves people out of the way too. If you haven't already, see my review at:

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/long-t...pressions.html

The Vibrasonic is widely available and perhaps one of the horns that you don't have to worry about getting a fake one unlike the imported ones. And they're loud, I don't want to be outside the car in close range when people use this horn. Definitely will make you deaf after a while.
Old 2nd August 2007, 03:03   #220
BHPian

I used the Hella Red Grill on the highway last week on my trip to Jaipur and they work super. Switched to the Stebel Nautilus but they were not as good/loud IMHO.

No problem with trucks/buses. They could hear me honk far away and gave way instantly. Im happy!
Old 3rd August 2007, 13:22   #221
BHPian

Decided on stebel

Quote:
Originally Posted by gd1418 View Post
Stebel Nautilus is the thing for you. And it doesn't break the rules either. At least not here..in NCR. Comes for a thou.
Thanks GD, I decided on Stebel, but sure whether I will get a genuine stuff or a 'counter fake' here in Hyderabad! And I would definitely keep a switch to change between my stock horns and the "powerhouse-Stebel". The stebel will be 'on' when i am on highway as I don't wish to pollute Hyderabad more...!

Tomorrow is the right day to get this done, along with few other accessories. Thanks again.
Old 3rd August 2007, 14:08   #222
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by satish_appasani View Post
Yesterday I got Bosch horns for Rs. 400 installed on my Palio
Hi sathish,

Whats the sound output that your Bosch horns provide, can you please say something about its performance compared to your stock horns?

The price is really cheap! and if this can be compared to the stebel or vibrasonic then its a great option as the brand has its worth.
Old 3rd August 2007, 16:20   #223
Senior - BHPian

The stock hooters in my Scorpio are Bosch Horns (German). Family heirlooms that have continued from our '73 Amby to '89 M800 Dx to '93 Maruti 1000 to '99 Esteem LX to current Scorp.

I was told they came for Rs.180/- then. Nowadays it is difficult to find a genuine Bosch made in Germany. But hear that it retails for anything from 380 to 450/-. Depends.

As far as the sound output is concerned, the Boschs are pretty shrill and loud. I normally don't require to use the Nautilus on highway as the Bosch is sufficient enough; only for stubborn morons & long trailers the Nautilus is switched on.

I had installed a Stebel Nautilus in 2006 in the Scorp & then added another one in 2007. They are operated by a separate button and are not used on regular basis. Basically they are meant for highway driving

Quote:
Hi sathish,

Whats the sound output that your Bosch horns provide, can you please say something about its performance compared to your stock horns?

The price is really cheap! and if this can be compared to the stebel or vibrasonic then its a great option as the brand has its worth.
Old 3rd August 2007, 16:32   #224
Distinguished - BHPian

Just a query, Skoda horn ( trademark sound) is the stebel or roots? I mean the brand inside the car and also the sound availability in which horn ( stebel or roots)?
Old 3rd August 2007, 17:13   #225
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobike008 View Post
Nope. This street has only this one accessory shop. It's called Dharam Karam road. Another landmark is it's diagonally opposite to Challa Nursing Home.
Thanks Mobike,

I usually go to ministers road, and nowadays the traffic is hectic in between hitech city and begumpet road. Your suggestion would be a better option for me now. I will be hunting for the Dharam Karam road tomorrow as i have many other stuff to get for my machine (Weekend ) will let you know the experiance!

Thanks again

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks