Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 14th October 2009, 13:15   #751
Senior - BHPian

I would like to have 'SKODA' type horn in my SPARK:-) and shortlisted Roots Windtone/Bosch Symphony fanfare/Stebel Magnum TM80.

I am planning to replace stock horn so TM 80 is out. Heard Roots windtone at an accessory shop and I liked it (Rs.450). But I read that there are 2-3 types of Roots windtone is available, but the horn I checked just had 'windtone' written on the box.

Yet to hear Bosch Symphony fanfare, Where in Bangalore(around Indira Nagar) can I find it?
Old 14th October 2009, 15:58   #752
Distinguished - BHPian

Does anyone have the new Stebel Compact Truck horn in India yet? I love the sound :-)! Details here: STEBEL S.p.A. - horns
Old 14th October 2009, 18:29   #753
Senior - BHPian

itwasntme - PM 'ankitahuja' for the same. He may be able to help you
Old 15th October 2009, 08:39   #754
Senior - BHPian

I checked at 2-3 accessory shops no one has Bosch Symphony fanfare.

Checked Hella Twin Tone, but I did not like it. Roots windtone sounded better, I may replace my stock horn with windtone over this weekend.

One help: Accessory guy says relay is not required to fit Roots Windtone, is it OK?

Warning: Please not buy any accessories from 'TORQUE' in Jeevanbhima Nagar. He does not have MRP sticker on any of the products (most of the stickers are torn) and quoted Rs.750 for windtone and 1200 for Hella twin tone + fitting charges extra.
Old 15th October 2009, 10:39   #755
Senior - BHPian

after a 1.5 years of perfect service my STEBEL Nautilus Compact horn died yesterday. took it to the horn repair wala and opened the motor, the vanes were dislodged. also the chamber being sealed even after putting the new fibre vanes the chamber could not be sealed like factory precision.
the air displacement has reduced and the horn refuses to blow.

i just cannot live without a power horn in pune traffic, so i fitted the roots windtone, cost Rs. 550 with fitting. though this skoda type horn doesnt blow loud and angry like the nautilus for time being i shall be satisfied with these new sweet toning horns.
amit_mechengg is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th October 2009, 14:08   #756
taj
BHPian

Bought a pair of Roots Megasonic for my Bull(supposed to be delivered on monday), I checked both Roots & Natilus Trombe, later is good but for an old fashion bike , need an old fashon horn so i picked up Roots.
Price :
Roots Megasonic 1600/- (for a set of 2)
Stebel Nautilus Trombe - 850/- for 1 peice
Attached Thumbnails
Power Horns!-15102009344.jpg  

Power Horns!-15102009347.jpg  

Power Horns!-15102009345.jpg  

taj is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 15th October 2009, 17:30   #757
BHPian

Hi taj , does this require any modification to wiring , planning to change my horns in aswell for my bull.
Old 15th October 2009, 18:25   #758
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by rm_arjuna View Post
Hi taj , does this require any modification to wiring , planning to change my horns in aswell for my bull.
Get a horn relay or a melody maker. That's it.

And, what your battery rating ?
Old 15th October 2009, 20:27   #759
taj
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rm_arjuna View Post
If it is the stock horn, then better to buy a relay (4 pin),new wire (4 Mtr for bull), sleeve, earth clip, horn clip, relay clip. can also get the help of some good auto electrician.
Old 15th October 2009, 23:53   #760
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by taj View Post
Bought a pair of Roots Megasonic for my Bull, I checked both Roots & Natilus Trombe, later is good but for an old fashion bike , need an old fashon horn so i picked up Roots.
Roots Megasonic 1600/- (for a set of 2)
How is the Roots Megasonic different from the Vibrosonic? I've seen the latter on some Bullets and I'm told a pair costs around Rs 1200. They look good too, with a chrome-plated front.

Edited to add: Aah, never mind -- I worked my way back through this thread and got some leads.

Last edited by Edsel Rulez! : 16th October 2009 at 00:01.
Old 16th October 2009, 15:03   #761
taj
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edsel Rulez! View Post
How is the Roots Megasonic different from the Vibrosonic? I've seen the latter on some Bullets and I'm told a pair costs around Rs 1200. They look good too, with a chrome-plated front.

Edited to add: Aah, never mind -- I worked my way back through this thread and got some leads.
Megasonic is commonly seen in MLA/MP's Cars, police jeeps, and is much louder than Vibersonic.It will take the out of lazy Auto wala and Private Buses(Red Killers as we call it).
Edsel, I didn't get what you meant by 'latter", is it Natilus or Vibersonic, If you meant natulis, check out this link
STEBEL S.p.A. - horns
Yes it has got several models for your requirement, you can even hear it.
taj is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th October 2009, 15:18   #762
Senior - BHPian

As I mentioned in my previous post, planning to replace stock horn with Roots Windtone in my Spark. Do I need a relay or any other mod to do the same?
Latheesh is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th October 2009, 12:55   #763
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by ankitahuja View Post
The Stebel 3 pipe is for 1k. Check your PM!
Hi Ankit,

I have a red grill in my swift and plan to add another one.The red grill has already started giving me trouble (mistake is mine,i use it a lot when i get irritated with the senseless people)

Which would u suggest in steble ? i dont know the series but heard nalitus comes for around 500-600 Rs in chennai.

is there anyother model at this price range?

Thanks for the help
Old 17th October 2009, 13:33   #764
BHPian

It seems everyone is keen to build up their dB output.
No one is bothered about sound pollution, atleast the two wheeler owners?

In my college days I used to curse those taxis with roots horns, hoking just a meter behind you, giving me tinnitus.
I prefer the so called sweet sounding OE horns.

Have you ever noticed a disclaimer note on Bosch horn packet which is made in Germany! " Not for use in Germany" Why??
Old 17th October 2009, 14:19   #765
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MexXxentric View Post
It seems everyone is keen to build up their dB output.
No one is bothered about sound pollution, atleast the two wheeler owners?

In my college days I used to curse those taxis with roots horns, hoking just a meter behind you, giving me tinnitus.
I prefer the so called sweet sounding OE horns.

Have you ever noticed a disclaimer note on Bosch horn packet which is made in Germany! " Not for use in Germany" Why??

Your thoughts are pretty good but you see not all people use OE horns or there are horn-aholic as i call them who keep honking even without a reason or there are jay walkers or deaf auto or car walas who do not realize that if you are moving slowly you need to be in the middle or side lane.

But yes I would definitely agree that air horns should not be used in the city, mechanical ones does serve the purpose.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks