Team-BHP > Team-BHP Advice > On modifying a car
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 17th December 2007, 12:05   #106
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
just look how Petes has popularised the powerbox.
The reason why the Petes box is so popular is simple, its just a plug and play. You hardly need 10 mins to intall, its small and compact, is a tried and tested modification. It can be removed before service and doesnot void the warranty. Wheras LPG Fumingation is not that easy and needs a expert.

The best thing to happen to internal combustion engines has been The Petes Box and Remaps, the simpliest fastest way to increase power. If i was getting LPG Fumingation for even 10,000 bucks with expected increase of 40bhp in my Swift i would not have gone for it, instead i would spend 3 times more and have less power for a performance enhancing device like the Petes which is so compact. All in all you got to experience the Petes box for yourself.

The negatives of LPG Fumingation is that it requires boot space for a LPG tank, reliability cannot be guranteed, layman cannot do it himself.
Old 17th December 2007, 14:56   #107
Senior - BHPian

its always nice to keep it all low so that anybody can try it out.its not a track day every day and we are on indian roads not track.so things should be done keeping your safety as well as others safety too else its not good to see a responsible t-bhpian being irresponsible.
ram
Old 17th December 2007, 15:35   #108
rippergeo

and about the pete's powerbox, does it change the amount of boost from the turbo? what exactly does it do? it cant be just supplying more fuel, if it did, it would result in a loss of FE, while in most cases, the box actually increases the mileage. is there someplace that i can find how this wizardry occurs? like the links I got off this thread for LPG fumigation and TCing

Old 17th December 2007, 23:30   #109
Senior - BHPian

@ Ram - I did not understand what you are saying.Rippergo - It changes the injector timings AFAIK. What ever it does, it surely increases the mileage as well as FE, its like having your cake and eating it too
Old 27th December 2007, 15:34   #110

Green Power

Small query - Busa please help

Does puting in a Pete's box will increase carbon emission.
As in more power is good but i usually do not like removing Cat Con and in result increasing emissions.
I had the same problem with my RX135, Butr K&N worked onders for it. Not only the power o/p has increased but the smoke is far less, almost comparable to a 4 stroker commuter.
Can you suggest any other green options we have to increase the power (may be maintaining the FE but not reducing it as well)

Thanks

P. S. : Apologies if it sounds Sacrilegious - But guys while we talk about more power and all, Do look around and feel the increase in pollution levels and temparature.
Old 27th December 2007, 16:06   #111
NIP
Senior - BHPian

is the Petes box available for the Ford Fusion !? Whats the cost for the box + installation ?
Old 27th December 2007, 16:08   #112
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by NIP View Post
is the Petes box available for the Ford Fusion !? Whats the cost for the box + installation ?
yes its available. should be around 30k. increases the power to 82bhp and torque to 190nm.
Old 27th December 2007, 17:07   #113
BHPian

where can i get information about pete's in chennai. is there any recommended place to get it done. i have my Swift DDIS.

Thanks
Old 27th December 2007, 17:59   #114
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
where can i get information about pete's in chennai. is there any recommended place to get it done. i have my Swift DDIS.
PM TurboIndia http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/members/turboindia.html

@ VixY - Well with the Petes box does increase FE, and i have noticed that the smoke has decreased alot. Before on hard accelration there used to be alot of black smoke which has stopped after installing the box. Just make sure you dont put premium fuel in your diesel vehicle.
Old 27th December 2007, 20:52   #115
BHPian

just came upon this about LPG fumigation

LPG (Propane) Fumigation for Diesel Engines
Old 3rd January 2008, 20:23   #116

Quote:
Originally Posted by VixY View Post
Small query - Busa please help

I had the same problem with my RX135, Butr K&N worked onders for it. Not only the power o/p has increased but the smoke is far less, almost comparable to a 4 stroker commuter.
Hi dude,
What exactly did you do on your RX 135 and how much did it cost you? I am also having a 2001 model RX 135. Even though the power is ok, the mileage is not so great and it is producing a lot of black smoke :(
Old 7th January 2008, 14:41   #117

Quote:
Originally Posted by realswifter View Post
Hi dude,
What exactly did you do on your RX 135 and how much did it cost you? I am also having a 2001 model RX 135. Even though the power is ok, the mileage is not so great and it is producing a lot of black smoke :(
I think that would be Off Topic here.. I'll PM you in detail
Old 18th January 2008, 14:05   #118

Hi can i get a pete's box turbo indica? If so where in bangalore and at what cost? Also if anyone can give me the approx torque and power that will increase...

Thanks
Old 18th January 2008, 14:09   #119

Hi can I get a pete's box for indica turbo? If so where in bangalore and at what cost? Also if anyone can give me the approx increase that will happen in the torque and power after the use of pete's box....

Thanks
Old 18th January 2008, 17:19   #120
GTO
Team-BHP Support

I may be wrong, but I dont think Pete's makes any boxes for Tata cars. Would be a good business proposition though!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks