Team-BHP > Team-BHP Advice > On modifying a car
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 10th March 2021, 01:37   #781
BHPian

Re: ARTICLE: Choosing The Right Set Of Tyres for your Car

Hi Guys, i will be changing the tyres on Hyundai Creta soon. The OEM Bridgestone Turanza’s have served well but, have higher tyres noise than i’d like (especially after using P4ST’s on my other cars.

Im looking at 2 options, P4ST’s and the Continental UC6. Size will be 215/60/17. Any suggestions on the same are invited please
Old 10th March 2021, 04:55   #782
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schneller View Post
Hi Guys, i will be changing the tyres on Hyundai Creta soon. The OEM Bridgestone Turanza’s have served well but, have higher tyres noise than i’d like (especially after using P4ST’s on my other cars.

Im looking at 2 options, P4ST’s and the Continental UC6. Size will be 215/60/17. Any suggestions on the same are invited please
Michelin Primacy 4ST is a great choice but availability might be an issue.
Continental has a number of offerings that you may consider such as Conti MaxContact MC 5 or Conti CrossContact LX-2. You may also consider Yokohama Blu Earth RV-02.

Bridgestone uses a relatively harder rubber compound for most of its tires that gives longer mileage but harsher ride and also results in higher tire noise.

Another great choice will be Falken Ziex ZE 914 Ecorun. It might be slightly expensive as compared to Continentals but it is a great tire.

I'm enclosing some data from Tyrereviews.com. They are a Europen tire review portal. Hopefully, this will help you in coming to a good decision.

Data source: https://www.tyrereviews.com/
Attached Thumbnails
ARTICLE: Choosing The Right Set Of Tyres for your Car-conti-crosscontact.png  

ARTICLE: Choosing The Right Set Of Tyres for your Car-continental-contimax.png  

ARTICLE: Choosing The Right Set Of Tyres for your Car-continental-uc-6.png  

ARTICLE: Choosing The Right Set Of Tyres for your Car-yokohama.png  

Attached Images

Vikram Arya is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th April 2021, 22:37   #783
BHPian

Hi All

I have been thinking about this for a long time, request suggesions please

Is 5-65-12 size tyres mrf legend brand the same size as tyre size 145-80-r12?

I had seen a website in which the owner says he is using the above 5-65-12 size tyres on Alto.

Needed to know as my car's tyres are inching towards replacements.

Regards
Sushil
Old 29th April 2021, 12:44   #784
Senior - BHPian

Hello All

I am planning to upsize the wheels for my Octavia 2016 TDI to 17 inchers after the current lockdown. I am going for 225 / 45 / R17 which I think is the right upsize.

My first preference of tyres was Michelin Pilot Sports 4, but it is not available in Bangalore (checked few places). Next best option I found is Continental ContiSportContact 5. Any feedback on CSC 5 against PS4 in terms of high speed stability, handling, cornering etc. Thanks.
Old 24th May 2021, 16:30   #785
BHPian

Hi BHPians, quoting my posts to update about my tyre change.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kamilharis View Post
Hi All. My car's tyres are due for a replacement and I need some quick inputs from BHPians.
Quote:
Originally Posted by mayankk View Post
You should try looking for a higher profile, maybe something with 60/65. 225/235 with 60-65 profile.
Quote:
Originally Posted by SideView View Post
Wouldnt Michelin Primacy 4ST suit your needs? Reviews from other users on forum look ok.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yakuza View Post
I would recommend two options that should help increase the ride quality. One is 195/60/R16 and the other is 215/55/R16. You should be able to get Michelin Primacy in both those sizes. They're pretty quiet as well.
Quote:
Originally Posted by a4anurag View Post
Larger wheels mean lower side profile which again leads to harsher ride. Larger side wall = cushioning is the ride quality.

Thank you all for the valuable suggestions. I couldn't switch to 195 or 215 section tyres as many of you have suggested. Hence I had to change the tyres with the stock size of 205/55/R16. Tyre was changed on 24.May.2021, after completing 2yr/10months and just crossed 80000 kilometers on the showroom tyres. It still had some life in it but I went for the change mainly due to the increase in tyre noise and the compound was getting hard too.

This was how the old MAXXIS tyres looked just before being replaced. (Click on and zoom in to see the small cracks formed due to hard compound!)

ARTICLE: Choosing The Right Set Of Tyres for your Car-img_20210524_0907442.jpg

Wearing new shoes :

ARTICLE: Choosing The Right Set Of Tyres for your Car-img_20210524_0925472.jpg

ARTICLE: Choosing The Right Set Of Tyres for your Car-img_20210524_0928292.jpg

A mandatory wash :

ARTICLE: Choosing The Right Set Of Tyres for your Car-img_20210524_1051412.jpg

ARTICLE: Choosing The Right Set Of Tyres for your Car-img_20210524_1052022.jpg

Some close pics of the tyre. Bridgestone TURANZA T005 TL 205/55 R16 91 W - Made in Poland

ARTICLE: Choosing The Right Set Of Tyres for your Car-img_20210524_1147332.jpg

ARTICLE: Choosing The Right Set Of Tyres for your Car-img_20210524_1147472.jpg

ARTICLE: Choosing The Right Set Of Tyres for your Car-img_20210524_1147562.jpg

The difference in road noise after the change is immense, call it day and night. Extremely happy with the choice.

NB : Tyre was purchased (fitting + balancing included from the nearest showroom) from www.tireex.com (Saudi Arabia).

Last edited by kamilharis : 24th May 2021 at 16:39.
kamilharis is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 7th June 2021, 13:28   #786
BHPian

hi everyone,
I have a three months old Ciaz with Goodyear Triplemax 3 tires on it. A month back it had a puncture on the shoulder of the tire, I got it fixed but over time I noticed that it was leaking air albeit very slowly. Three days back i got the puncture repaired again and this time the local puncture guy used two plugs to seal it. It stayed the same for two days and today I could see the tire had lost pressure again. Is this puncture fixable ?or will I have to go for a new tire?
Old 7th June 2021, 14:10   #787
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by HEMIOrange View Post
hi everyone,
I have a three months old Ciaz with Goodyear Triplemax 3 tires on it. A month back it had a puncture on the shoulder of the tire, I got it fixed but over time I noticed that it was leaking air albeit very slowly. Three days back i got the puncture repaired again and this time the local puncture guy used two plugs to seal it. It stayed the same for two days and today I could see the tire had lost pressure again. Is this puncture fixable ?or will I have to go for a new tire?
If the spare tyre is of the same size, swap this with the Spare, that should cost perhaps a few hundred rupees if you need to unmount from a steel and mount on an alloy with balancing etc . Purchase a cheap new tyre to use a spare.

Always remember to check cold air pressure every few weeks to prevent damage to tyre sidewall.
Kosfactor is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th June 2021, 18:29   #788
BANNED

Fellow Bangaloreans...am looking to replace tyres on my decade-old warhorse Indigo Manza. Usage is mostly weekend drive - 30k in 10+ years!.

Could you recommend tyres for 185/60 R15 84H. And also best place to get em. Am in whitefield. Comfortable drive is criteria and willing to pay few bucks more.
Old 19th June 2021, 03:25   #789
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vjoy3 View Post
Fellow Bangaloreans...am looking to replace tyres on my decade-old warhorse Indigo Manza. Usage is mostly weekend drive - 30k in 10+ years!.

Could you recommend tyres for 185/60 R15 84H. And also best place to get em. Am in whitefield. Comfortable drive is criteria and willing to pay few bucks more.
For this tire size, you have 4 options from Bridgestone ( Turanza ER300, B Series B-290, B Series B-250 & Ecopia E150) or optionally Continental Conti Comfort Contact CC5. Goodyear Assurance Triplemax 2 is also a fairly good tire. Yokohama Earth 1 E-400 & Blue Earth AE50 are also good tires.

All these tires should cost between Rs 4,200 to Rs 5,200 per tire.

Brands like Firestore, JK, Apollo, Hankook, Kumho, MRF & Michelin are offer tires in this size.
Vikram Arya is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th June 2021, 08:57   #790
BANNED

Thanks Vikram Arya. If you had to order them by driving comfort, what would be your pick?

BTW by " are offer tires in this size" did you mean "do not offer..."

Bangaloreans - Tyre Empire on Vartur road seems near my place. See mixed feedback off late. Any recommendations?
vjoy3 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th June 2021, 22:35   #791
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vjoy3 View Post
Thanks Vikram Arya. If you had to order them by driving comfort, what would be your pick?

BTW by " are offer tires in this size" did you mean "do not offer..."

Bangaloreans - Tyre Empire on Vartur road seems near my place. See mixed feedback off late. Any recommendations?
From a driving comfort standpoint; I'm listing them down in the descending order of preference:

1. Continental Conti Comfort Contact CC5 (My pick)
2. Goodyear Assurance Triplemax 2
3. Yokohama Earth 1 E-400
4. Yokohama Blue Earth AE50
5. Bridgestone Ecopia EP150

Continental traditionally are a soft compound tire and provide a great ride. The downside though would be that you may not get as much life from them as compared to lets a Bridgestone (which uses a slightly harder rubber compound). There are premium brands such as Michelin also but are more expensive.

From a "Price/Quality" perspective, Continental would be my pick.

Good luck!
Vikram Arya is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 23rd July 2021, 16:19   #792

Hello Everyone.

Next week, I am going to take delivery of my new car Hyundai i10 Nios Sportz Model. It comes with 165/70 R14 Gun Metal Alloy Wheels.

I want to know, whether the car will require Tyre Up-gradation? If yes, then which Tyre Size will be appropriate. My average running is 50KM per day in City and twice a month on highways.

I would be highly obliged, if someone from this forum, kindly guide me.

Thanks.
Old 3rd August 2021, 14:00   #793
BHPian

Which tyres are close match or exact in pattern to the Apollo Alnac 205/55/R16? (Not the Alnac 4G) Alnac 4G has a different pattern than plain Alnac tyres.

The tyres on my car are Apollo Alnac 205/55/R16 which are only 4500 kms run. Unfortunately one tyre went on something sharp and got damaged. As the tyres are barely used, I wish to change only one tyre but the problem is shop owners say you don't get Alnac in the market but only get Alnac 4G instead. Alnac 4G has a different pattern than Alnac. Please suggest any other tyre that has exact same pattern or a close match to the Alnac. The car is Linea Tjet. Thanks team.

Last edited by prokinetic : 3rd August 2021 at 14:11.
Old 9th August 2021, 13:24   #794
BHPian

I am looking to buy a pair of TL tyres for my Altis in the 195 65-15 size. For a change I thought of trying the Ceat Securadrives. However on a comparison with the current MRF ZV2K, I see that the Ceat weighs at 12 kg a tyre while the MRF weighs at as low as 7.2 kg. What difference does this weight makes?
Old 15th August 2021, 01:27   #795
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swapnil4585 View Post
I am looking to buy a pair of TL tyres for my Altis in the 195 65-15 size. For a change I thought of trying the Ceat Securadrives. However on a comparison with the current MRF ZV2K, I see that the Ceat weighs at 12 kg a tyre while the MRF weighs at as low as 7.2 kg. What difference does this weight makes?
Lighter tyres result in quicker steering response times for sure and quick maneuverability. Why not choose the Michelin Primacy?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks