Team-BHP > Team-BHP Advice > On modifying a car


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 2nd June 2020, 22:32   #751
Senior - BHPian
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Hyderabad
Posts: 11,950
Thanked: 19,788 Times
Default Re: ARTICLE: Choosing The Right Set Of Tyres for your Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashvek3141 View Post
Having said that, I just went through some reviews about the BlueEarth and that inspires some confidence.
Can you point me out to those reviews? I have this tyre in my shopping list too. If it is not Primacy 4ST, I'll go ahead with these tyres.

Last edited by a4anurag : 2nd June 2020 at 22:36.
a4anurag is online now  
Old 2nd June 2020, 22:35   #752
BHPian
 
ashvek3141's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2019
Location: Goa
Posts: 280
Thanked: 633 Times
Default Re: ARTICLE: Choosing The Right Set Of Tyres for your Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by a4anurag View Post
Can you point me out to those reviews, I have this tyre in my shopping list too. If it is not Primacy 4ST, I'll go ahead with these tyres.
Here's the link sir. I am just going through these now.

https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/tyre-...website-2.html (BluEarth AE-50 tyres listed on Yokohama's website)

Last edited by ashvek3141 : 2nd June 2020 at 22:37. Reason: broken link
ashvek3141 is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 8th September 2020, 18:00   #753
BHPian
 
kamilharis's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2020
Location: Saudi/Kerala
Posts: 448
Thanked: 1,608 Times
Default Re: ARTICLE: Choosing The Right Set Of Tyres for your Car

Hi All. My car's tyres are due for a replacement and I need some quick inputs from BHPians. Current size (stock) is 205/55/R16 and though I don't really want to go for a change in tyre size, I would like to know your opinion regarding one of my issues.

Suspension of my car is on the stiffer side and it is not that appreciable on bad roads especially at lower speeds. High speed road manners are fine and it is not bumpy either. Since I have this stiff ride issue at lower speed, do you guys have any suggestion for possible tyre sizes which can solve my issues , at least marginal improvement ?

ARTICLE: Choosing The Right Set Of Tyres for your Car-img_20181027_16034001.jpg

ARTICLE: Choosing The Right Set Of Tyres for your Car-img_20180819_073544.jpg

ARTICLE: Choosing The Right Set Of Tyres for your Car-img_20200625_074009.jpg

Last edited by kamilharis : 8th September 2020 at 18:02.
kamilharis is offline  
Old 1st October 2020, 08:18   #754
BHPian
 
Hunter3077's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2015
Location: Vizag/All Over
Posts: 71
Thanked: 740 Times
Default Re: ARTICLE: Choosing The Right Set Of Tyres for your Car

Looking to change my tyres (Apollo Alnac) which have done a stellar duty of 52000 km. Mine is a Renault Lodgy. Options I am considering are the Michelin Energy XM2 and Yokahoma Earth 1. Need suggestions please.
Hunter3077 is offline  
Old 5th October 2020, 11:25   #755
BHPian
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Palakkad
Posts: 36
Thanked: 11 Times
Default Re: ARTICLE: Choosing The Right Set Of Tyres for your Car

Mrf site do not list Perfinza in 195 size for Baleno Zeta. I suppose they are not available ? Will not 205 size be a power hog ?
9216 is offline  
Old 5th October 2020, 12:02   #756
BHPian
 
Yakuza's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2020
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 84
Thanked: 135 Times
Default Re: ARTICLE: Choosing The Right Set Of Tyres for your Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hunter3077 View Post
Looking to change my tyres (Apollo Alnac) which have done a stellar duty of 52000 km. Mine is a Renault Lodgy. Options I am considering are the Michelin Energy XM2 and Yokahoma Earth 1. Need suggestions please.
Get the XM2 over the Earth 1. Will offer a better ride and be more comfortable.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 9216 View Post
Mrf site do not list Perfinza in 195 size for Baleno Zeta. I suppose they are not available ? Will not 205 size be a power hog ?
Yes 205 tyres would make the car sluggish. Max width that you should use on these 1.2 4 pot engines are 195.
Yakuza is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 5th October 2020, 14:56   #757
BHPian
 
kamilharis's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2020
Location: Saudi/Kerala
Posts: 448
Thanked: 1,608 Times
Default Re: ARTICLE: Choosing The Right Set Of Tyres for your Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by kamilharis View Post
Hi All. My car's tyres are due for a replacement and I need some quick inputs from BHPians. Current size (stock) is 205/55/R16 and though I don't really want to go for a change in tyre size, I would like to know your opinion regarding one of my issues.

Suspension of my car is on the stiffer side and it is not that appreciable on bad roads especially at lower speeds.

Can someone help me please.

Click Here to read my question (ARTICLE: Choosing The Right Set Of Tyres for your Car)

Last edited by kamilharis : 5th October 2020 at 14:58.
kamilharis is offline  
Old 5th October 2020, 16:18   #758
Distinguished - BHPian
 
mayankk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: New Delhi
Posts: 4,678
Thanked: 5,451 Times
Default Re: ARTICLE: Choosing The Right Set Of Tyres for your Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by kamilharis View Post
Can someone help me please.

[]
You should try looking for a higher profile, maybe something with 60/65. 225/235 with 60-65 profile.
It will offer more sidewall, which does wonders for ride comfort.
mayankk is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 5th October 2020, 16:33   #759
BHPian
 
kamilharis's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2020
Location: Saudi/Kerala
Posts: 448
Thanked: 1,608 Times
Default Re: ARTICLE: Choosing The Right Set Of Tyres for your Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by mayankk View Post
You should try looking for a higher profile, maybe something with 60/65. 225/235 with 60-65 profile.
It will offer more sidewall, which does wonders for ride comfort.
Thanks for the response mayankk. I have read somewhere that if I am increasing the profile, then I should go down on the width, is it true?
My stock set up being 205/55 , I should go for 195/65 it means for better comfort ?
kamilharis is offline  
Old 5th October 2020, 16:36   #760
BHPian
 
Join Date: Jun 2019
Location: Bengaluru
Posts: 364
Thanked: 819 Times
Default Re: ARTICLE: Choosing The Right Set Of Tyres for your Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by kamilharis View Post
Wouldnt Michelin Primacy 4ST suit your needs? Reviews from other users on forum look ok.(search for it)

Sadly i dont any personal experience with Primacy 4ST. Good luck

Last edited by SideView : 5th October 2020 at 16:39. Reason: Typo correction
SideView is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th October 2020, 16:43   #761
Distinguished - BHPian
 
mayankk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: New Delhi
Posts: 4,678
Thanked: 5,451 Times
Default Re: ARTICLE: Choosing The Right Set Of Tyres for your Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by kamilharis View Post
Thanks for the response mayankk. I have read somewhere that if I am increasing the profile, then I should go down on the width, is it true?
My stock set up being 205/55 , I should go for 195/65 it means for better comfort ?
Not necessarily. Google tyre upsize for your car, and see if you cant get a good fit with the max width.
If your car has a stiff setup, its probably for handling. Why lose out on that with a smaller contact patch? See if 215, 225 or 235 can fit without fouling the arches.
mayankk is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 5th October 2020, 17:04   #762
BHPian
 
kamilharis's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2020
Location: Saudi/Kerala
Posts: 448
Thanked: 1,608 Times
Default Re: ARTICLE: Choosing The Right Set Of Tyres for your Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by SideView View Post
Wouldnt Michelin Primacy 4ST suit your needs? Reviews from other users on forum look ok.(search for it
I will surely check this out. Thank you for the suggestion.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mayankk View Post
Not necessarily. Google tyre upsize for your car, and see if you cant get a good fit with the max width.
If your car has a stiff setup, its probably for handling. Why lose out on that with a smaller contact patch? See if 215, 225 or 235 can fit without fouling the arches.
My car is Changan Eado, 2018 model 60000km run. I could not find any upgrade experiment in google for my car specifically, and I won't find it which I know very well as mine is a 'not so popular' car.

215 Profile which you have suggested would fit well within the arches, but will that further increase the tyre/road noise ?

Handling is fine like you have mentioned, and currently my hunt is for a combination which could give me a better ride quality and lesser tyre noise, I have a minimum run of 100km daily on highway. Let me just discuss the inputs you have given me with the tyre shop guy and check.

Last edited by kamilharis : 5th October 2020 at 17:13.
kamilharis is offline  
Old 7th October 2020, 22:25   #763
BHPian
 
adi.mariner's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2019
Location: Pune
Posts: 264
Thanked: 391 Times
Default Re: ARTICLE: Choosing The Right Set Of Tyres for your Car

How are Pirelli P4 Four Season Plus tyres? I am looking for 225/60/R17. They are not showing on the Pirelli India website but are available in the stores and on online channels as well. The link to the US website is as follows.
https://www.pirelli.com/tires/en-us/...r-seasons-plus
adi.mariner is offline  
Old 7th October 2020, 23:20   #764
BHPian
 
Yakuza's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2020
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 84
Thanked: 135 Times
Default Re: ARTICLE: Choosing The Right Set Of Tyres for your Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by kamilharis View Post
Current size (stock) is 205/55/R16 and though I don't really want to go for a change in tyre size, I would like to know your opinion regarding one of my issues.

Suspension of my car is on the stiffer side and it is not that appreciable on bad roads especially at lower speeds.
I would recommend two options that should help increase the ride quality. One is 195/60/R16 and the other is 215/55/R16. You should be able to get Michelin Primacy in both those sizes. They're pretty quiet as well.
Yakuza is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 8th October 2020, 12:03   #765
BHPian
 
kamilharis's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2020
Location: Saudi/Kerala
Posts: 448
Thanked: 1,608 Times
Default Re: ARTICLE: Choosing The Right Set Of Tyres for your Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yakuza View Post
I would recommend two options that should help increase the ride quality. One is 195/60/R16 and the other is 215/55/R16.
Thanks for your inputs Yakuza. 215/55/R16 will keep my profile same and width wider right, my stock set up being 205/55/R16 . Will that make any difference ? This week I will be checking out on 195/60/R16 & 195/65/R16. Hope it doesn't take away the looks of current 205 width.
kamilharis is offline  
Reply

Most Viewed
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Copyright 2000 - 2021, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks