Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 2nd January 2012, 09:19   #196
Senior - BHPian

re: Honda CBR 250R Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshay4587 View Post
Since,you have ridden a lot,what do you think is the sweet spot for crusing on highways-as in the maximum comfortable speed,before the bike starts begging for mercy.
It depends from people to people; initially (after the replaced engine) I thought the bike was begging after 135 or so; but these days I feel there's nothing to be called as mercy for the very reason there's no stress on the engine even at 150. But if you mean the screaming, then, probably I can quote an example...

Few days ago I was riding my friend's N250R along with my C250R with him; I couldn't hear any noise of my C250R though we were riding a little closer. But I was able to hear noise of N250R right from 100ish. Yes, both of us were doing about 130. Coming back to the point, if you really want to hear (or scream) the noise of C250R's engine, it starts from 115 & above.

Quote:
Originally Posted by xtremeshock View Post
I have bought...his personal vehicle for one.
+1; Didar is good. And remember, most people who don't even own the bike are calling it by names just from the reviews of other people. They only take one bad comment & spread it like cancer in which most good things are lost!!!
aargee is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd January 2012, 21:48   #197
Senior - BHPian

Amidst of all struggles & difficult times, ODO goes on; this happened today...

Honda CBR 250R Review-photo0050.jpg

Sry about the bad quality of pic, as I only had camera on my mobile that didn't have flash; neither the surrounding supported for a good pic.
Old 3rd January 2012, 10:32   #198
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aargee View Post
Wow. That was quick. Its only a few months and she's already crossed the 12k mark. Looks like you're thoroughly enjoying the bike inspite of the small issues and niggles.

Have you switched to synthetic oil or still on the factory spec?
n_aditya is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd January 2012, 10:48   #199
BHPian

Quote:
Few days ago I was riding my friend's N250R along with my C250R with him; I couldn't hear any noise of my C250R though we were riding a little closer. But I was able to hear noise of N250R right from 100ish. Yes, both of us were doing about 130.
aargee, when you updating about noise is it the exhaust note you talking about or any *noise* from bike. If its about the exhaust note and *noise* both then next time get my Nomad along

Quote:

Sry about the bad quality of pic, as I only had camera on my mobile that didn't have flash; neither the surrounding supported for a good pic.
Such struggle and diffi-cult time are long forgotten with one smooth ride and create special relation with ride. Good to see that 12k mark. Wishes for crunching more and more kms under the Ceebar-Tooth.
nomadabhi is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd January 2012, 11:28   #200
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by n_aditya View Post
Looks like you're thoroughly enjoying the bike inspite of the small issues and niggles.
Certainly Adi; every time I take it out, it never fails to put me to smile.

Quote:
Have you switched to synthetic oil or still on the factory spec?
Factory spec is both 20W40 mineral as well as 10W30 synth; I've moved to 10W30 FS specifically & would very strongly recommend it to everyone.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nomadabhi View Post
aargee, when you updating about noise is it the exhaust note you talking about or any *noise* from bike
Its exhaust note; but...to clear my confusion, which post are you referring to?

Quote:
Originally Posted by nomadabhi View Post
Such struggle and...more kms under the Ceebar-Tooth.
Tks; when I'd a plan to buy a bike in mind, I always had one thing in mind that, my wallet should be able to afford for any kind of trouble the bike undergoes. Fortunately the only issues for which I'd to pay were...
- Sprocket kit
- Fairing & headlamp
- Brake pads
- Regular service

I wouldn't take this lightly because one of the biggest issue on braking is yet to be resolved. The front brakes aren't that effective especially for the speed the bike shoots to.
Old 4th January 2012, 17:09   #201
BHPian

@aargee Am planning to buy one. Just wanted to know what is the difference between the ABS and Non ABS version. Is the ABS that significant? Thanks.
Old 4th January 2012, 17:50   #202
Senior - BHPian

Vijay - Don't want to give long & lengthy advice/suggestion/opinion; go for ABS; you'll not regret.
Old 11th January 2012, 21:18   #203
Senior - BHPian

1268x on ODO & now I begin to hear some noises; not sure if they're from fairings or is it due for replacing the shims (yes, it has not been changed until now & personally proud of it). But no signs of drop in FE or top speeds or noise in the engine.

I'm already in need of small rubber bushes between the fairings & the order seems to have been placed during Dec 1st week, but the dealer hasn't got it yet.

Hopefully this noise thing should be gone when the bushes are replaced.

Another interesting (not enthu though) observation is that, sometimes during last week the rear tire ran flat on high speeds; the reason for puncture is unknown (still a mystery). The tire just opened up & the air leaked off; after the puncture is fixed, there's a small amount of air leak + there's another location where the puncture should be fixed. Quite surprisingly the air lasts for over 4-5 days with a drop of 10 Psi.

I'll be taking it to ASC sometimes this week or next to address these issues.
Old 11th January 2012, 21:46   #204
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
1268x on ODO & now I begin to hear some noises; not sure if they're from fairings or is it due for replacing the shims (yes, it has not been changed until now & personally proud of it). But no signs of drop in FE or top speeds or noise in the engine.

I'm already in need of small rubber bushes between the fairings & the order seems to have been placed during Dec 1st week, but the dealer hasn't got it yet.

Hopefully this noise thing should be gone when the bushes are replaced.
Even i found the noises but was fixed by replacing the plastic clips/bushes on the fairings. Try that. Costs around INR 30 for the full set of plastic clips.
Old 12th January 2012, 11:06   #205
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
The tire just opened up & the air leaked off; after the puncture is fixed, there's a small amount of air leak + there's another location where the puncture should be fixed. Quite surprisingly the air lasts for over 4-5 days with a drop of 10 Psi.
What do you mean tire opened up? Was it a tire burst?

If you still have air leaking, the puncture in all probability was not repaired properly. Also check if the valve is good or leaking air. Do you have the puncture sealant liquid in your tires?
Old 12th January 2012, 18:01   #206
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rk_sans View Post
Even i found the noises but was fixed by replacing the plastic clips/bushes on the fairings. Try that. Costs around INR 30 for the full set of plastic clips.
IMHO, its the rubber bushes that might need replacement, not just the plastic clips; also the plastic clips are not available as individual units, they're bound with the fairings & the cowls. Most importantly, these spares are not available from HMSI...atleast, that's what the dealer says.

Quote:
What do you mean tire opened up? Was it a tire burst?
Well...I don't want to think in those lines

Quote:
If you still have air leaking, the puncture in all probability was not repaired properly
That guy did a good job, no doubt; one strip was barely sufficient to close the hole & it has very very minor leak from the patch; also, there's another location where the air is leaking very minor. Don't know when that would...

Quote:
Do you have the puncture sealant liquid in your tires?
That's what the dealer suggested me; the sealant is for tubeless tires, but, he tried it on his Splendor with 17 nails (and pulled out) & he's still riding it. Not sure how much of it is true!!!

I might try that product this weekend or early next week.
Old 13th January 2012, 12:00   #207
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I That guy did a good job, no doubt; one strip was barely sufficient to close the hole & it has very very minor leak from the patch; also, there's another location where the air is leaking very minor. Don't know when that would...
If you are saying that one strip was not enough to plug the air leak and there is another puncture which is leaking air and might give way, i seriously suggest you to get a new tire, irrespective of whether the manufacturer or dealer offers you a replacement or not.

Safety is prime. A new tire will cost a few thousand bucks.... a lot cheaper than hospital bills.

Be safe bro.
n_aditya is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th January 2012, 08:15   #208
Senior - BHPian

Do these happen due to my enthusiasm for experiments or just me?

I landed up buying Motul C2 chain lube road (Black below) & which is genuine one. Any idea how this is different from the old one (Silver+Red)?

And ofcourse the chain clean C1 from the old Silver+Red combo

Spec & content wise I couldn't find any difference on the net. Any help pls?

Last edited by aargee : 19th January 2012 at 08:19.
Old 19th January 2012, 10:41   #209
Senior - BHPian

Re: Do these happen due to my enthusiasm for experiments or just me?

Quote:
I landed up buying Motul C2 chain lube road (Black below) & which is genuine one. Any idea how this is different from the old one (Silver+Red)?
Motul has upgraded the color of the canister from Silver to Black. Apart from this there is no change or difference whatsoever in the quality of the product. Both are genuine.
Old 19th January 2012, 12:07   #210
Senior - BHPian

Re: Do these happen due to my enthusiasm for experiments or just me?

Quote:
Motul has upgraded the color of the canister
Sure Because I don't seem to find this mentioned anywhere on the net

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks