Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 21st October 2011, 17:07   #121
Senior - BHPian

re: Honda CBR 250R Review

Minor update - Finally HMSI had shipped the front sprocket & it has reached the dealer yesterday, but wait...if there's perfectness then its not HMSI!!! The rubber damper on the swing arm hasn't reached yet. On speaking with few folks they seem to have dispatched through flight (God only knows) & it should be with the dealer any moment starting tomorrow. So with the anticipation that things would get fixed soon, I've left the bike for service with the ASC. Have specifically asked to write down about 23-25 points to be inspected with specially instructed not to wash the bike completely, but just to clean the radiator while taking care not to bend the fins, not once, but warned several times.

The C250R mechanic is expected to work on it tomorrow & hopefully, I get the bike back in a week's time.

@salunkhe.vizz - I'm already at the height of frustration; let the ASC do one additional thing other than what I instructed & HMSI had it this time; I'm not only walking to court, will put the bike for sale or simply return it back!!! I'd enough with C250R, its no longer putting a smile on my face!!!

BTW, it is 3rd service!!!

Last edited by aargee : 21st October 2011 at 17:25.
aargee is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st October 2011, 22:10   #122
BHPian

@aargee

I have no idea as to how you have managed to stay clam through all this. Your ordeals highlight all the loopholes surrounding this bike. Honda obviously rushed into the launch of the bike and there are obviously areas of concern in various departments. The situation is probably even worse in Kolkata. The local fish market is more organised than the local Honda dealer. They dont have the slightest idea about a diagnostic tool for the ECU. I can simply go on. I love the bike to bits but cant see myself going through all the hassles here.
Old 25th October 2011, 18:37   #123
Senior - BHPian

Do I own a CBR 250R?

I've to remind myself several times that I still own a CBR 250R & that's the reason I visited the ASC yesterday.

Radiator was washed to EXCELLENT!!! I'm really amazed at the work done. So this means, HMSI has either taught properly or every ASC knows how to wash, its just that, they don't take the customer's vehicle seriously.

So that's on the radiator; otherwise, bike is cleaned to fullest possible & I really think this is the best can be done. But they haven't touched a thing on the bike since last Friday (that is when I left the bike at ASC). Today they'd worked on it & most things are over except...
1. Checking coneset
2. Change brake pads (this is another story)
3. Toping up brake oil
4. Engine tappet noise
5. Rubber damper between swing arm & chain

All other issues that I listed seems to have been taken care. Over to the story of brake pads, ASC obviously doesn't have in stock. And mine is worn out bad to the extent of changing it in next 1000 odd Kms. This means, even if I take the bike now, I've to replace the parts in next 1000 Kms. But wait...the rubber damper is still pending without which my swing arm is going to take all the beatings from the chain. And no other vehicle's damper could fit in as temporary replacement either.

Which means, even after waiting for sprockets for one long month (actually one month + one week now) once again the bike will be stranded at the ASC indefinitely waiting on rubber damper + brake pads.
At this rate I'm almost forgetting that I'd actually bought a CBR 250R

How long is acceptable on waiting for parts before approaching consumer court? Pls advice.
aargee is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 25th October 2011, 19:56   #124
BHPian

Re: Do I own a CBR 250R?

Quote:
Originally Posted by aargee View Post
I've to remind myself several times that I still own a CBR 250R & that's the reason I visited the ASC yesterday.

How long is acceptable on waiting for parts before approaching consumer court? Pls advice.
Thank you for those updates.

Well, I know it can be really difficult waiting for these parts to sourced for the bike made for the masses (partially). On one hand, they claim to have exceeded their targets as far as the sales charts are concerned but on the other side, they have failed miserably to live up to the customer expectations on the A.S.S. front.

I would say, the time you should ideally wait before heading the legal way to deal with this issue is till you are mentally harrowed to the extent that it's causing unbearable frustration in your head. Just try writing to the top brass at HMSI before doing so.
Old 25th October 2011, 20:18   #125
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mantrig View Post
Just try writing to the top brass at HMSI before doing so.
Lol!!! Whose email ID do you need ? India or Japan?

Don't even write to them, all they do is, simply forward your complaint to the respective HMSI engineer for your region. I know this because, this is what happened, not once, but twice when I wrote.

Next time I buy a motorcycle, it WILL be from any company who RESPOND & take their customer seriously (BAL for instance). Reason? Every machine is subject for a downtime, but, the duration of downtime can vary greatly depending upon who takes their customers seriously!!!

@Mantrig - Wait until you hear me say on the sprocket story; let me get the bike from ASC & then I'll put that up here!!!

Last edited by aargee : 25th October 2011 at 20:21.
Old 25th October 2011, 20:57   #126
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aargee View Post
Lol!!! Whose email ID do you need ? India or Japan?

Don't even write to them, all they do is, simply forward your complaint to the respective HMSI engineer for your region. I know this because, this is what happened, not once, but twice when I wrote.

Next time I buy a motorcycle, it WILL be from any company who RESPOND & take their customer seriously (BAL for instance). Reason? Every machine is subject for a downtime, but, the duration of downtime can vary greatly depending upon who takes their customers seriously!!!

@Mantrig - Wait until you hear me say on the sprocket story; let me get the bike from ASC & then I'll put that up here!!!
I know how it is. The only reason I asked you to write to them is to have enough evidence to prove that your attempts to get material co-operation from the HMSI has been futile.

I will look forward to the story on sprocket. It's really disappointing to see how they are treating their so-called valued customer who put their hard earned money on a product which come from a company which keeps harping only on 2 things :- Power of Dreams / Delivering Quality. Unfortunately, all they do is eventually shatter the dreams and quality is delivered only in dreams.
Old 25th October 2011, 21:50   #127
Senior - BHPian

But Mantrig...
Quote:
Power of Dreams / Delivering Quality
Power of dreams is for Honda, not for us I suppose. Reason being that, they dream about making some product & they deliver it with quality.

They didn't say anything on ASC, servicing, availability of parts; trust me, emails don't work in court I'm really getting tired on owning this bike & sometimes feel that I should simply dump this off & move to something like P220 or ZMA/R. Atleast, those parts should be available...but wait...friend of mine who owned a ZMR had to wait for almost 15-20 days for a sprocket & that was not too long ago, say about 6 months ago. May be anything linked to Honda is same everywhere I guess

Quote:
Unfortunately, all they do is eventually shatter the dreams and quality is delivered only in dreams.
Lol!!!
Old 31st October 2011, 13:36   #128
Senior - BHPian

Update time - Was there at ASC last Saturday to collect the worn out sprockets. There's rust on the hex bolt on the left RVM mount & uncleanable dirt at the exhaust end; I guess I'll take that blame partly on me as I rode through monsoons on MH & RJ roads without even taking care to clean the engine area or exhaust; most of the time it was lubing chain, checking engine oil, cleaning RVM's & headlights (not even the turn lights or rear brake lights). Otherwise everything is clean to perfect. JSP Honda's C250R mechanic did a good to excellent job.

On to the spares side of story, someone from HMSI gave me a call asking for the parts that I've been waiting for once again . So I tell all the 4 parts, but she doesn't have an ETA as when they would arrive. So there's some hope that the emails aren't going to trash, but there's some attention to them. One of the reason I was told, for this spares shortage, was that HMSI is trying to bring down the waiting period of C250R & hence all the parts are reaching to make a new motorcycle rather than maintaining an existing one. Good, atleast one side of people can be happy I guess.

Going by all the calls & parts shipment, I guess I can take the delivery of the bike sometimes during this weekend. So a long waiting from Sep 17/18 all way upto Nov 1st week might be put to an end. Will update as I near to the dates.

Last edited by aargee : 31st October 2011 at 13:37.
Old 31st October 2011, 14:41   #129
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Change brake pads (this is another story)
I think I read Sheel saying Pulsar's was a direct fit on CBR.

Ok here

Quote:
Most folks have finished off their CBR's rear brake pad quite quickly and because I don't use the rear brakes at all, I have no issues and moreover, P-220's rear brakes are a direct fit on the CBR.

Last edited by jkdas : 31st October 2011 at 14:47.
Old 31st October 2011, 22:03   #130
Senior - BHPian

^^^
Ok here[/quote]
Only for the non ABS (Bybre) brakes.

Regards
Sutripta
Old 1st November 2011, 03:20   #131
Senior - BHPian

@jkdas & @Sutripta - They're direct fit only for the REAR; in my case, I need both front & rear. Even if I buy a P220's rear disc brake pad from else where, I would still need the front brake pads too as both of them've worn out evenly.

Again, no news from HMSI till now & since I'm fed up calling them (I feel like I don't get any different response), let me wait to see if they're calling anytime before this Friday.
aargee is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 1st November 2011, 08:29   #132
Team-BHP Support

Sucks to read your sour experience. I too had shot two mails regarding the sales experience, but not even an acknowledgement from their part :|

How much do the front pads cost?
Old 1st November 2011, 09:52   #133
BHPian

Pretty much the same story here in Calcutta too. The service guys have no idea what to do in a regular service,heck they cant even wash the bike properly. A friend is supposed to get his chain-sprocket changed under warranty soon. The chain has frozen links, and just cant be adjusted properly. The matter worsened after he rode the bike non-stop from Mumbai to Calcutta.
Old 2nd November 2011, 10:33   #134
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheel View Post
How much do the front pads cost?
I don't know; neither the ASC has called me nor I'm willing to call them for now; let me see how long they're going to enjoy keeping my bike ; If at all (really frustrating) they call me during this week to deliver my bike, I'll keep posted on the price of the front disc pad. IIRC, it should cost somewhere in the price range of Rs 700. Not sure, will confirm like I said.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Motormania View Post
The service guys have no idea what to do in a regular service
Write; write in the JC & give them; make them do their job if they're not willing to do it. When you take it, ensure that each & every point is covered.

Quote:
heck they cant even wash the bike properly
Write down in JC stating how to wash

Quote:
A friend is supposed to get his chain-sprocket changed under warranty soon
Good; In my case HMSI is not even considering the warranty!!! They're charging for sure.

Quote:
The matter worsened after he rode the bike non-stop from Mumbai to Calcutta.
Did it get worsened due to the long ride or was he forced to ride with the worst condition?
Old 2nd November 2011, 10:42   #135
BHPian

We did actually mention each and every thing to be done.

The chain had started giving problems before the ride itself and it just worsened after he completed it. Right now he is riding back to Mumbai with the same set of chain-sprocket. Will be getting the replacement there only. Todi Honda,Calcutta can give the local fish markets a run for their money

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks