Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 19th December 2011, 12:02   #181
Senior - BHPian

re: Honda CBR 250R Review

I had a TD on last Friday at Honda Showroom, Velachery, Chennai.
No TD vehicle is available and they had given me a new Black ABS version Bike that too PDI is not completed.
Asusual i had an argument not to TD with this vehicle. After sometimes, they came up and told me that their TD vehicle has some issue. So no other way to me. So i took the new bike for a TD.
Seriously i don't fell the bike is with 250CC engine and 22 Nm Torque. Might be i was looking for more.
A lot of Vibration, No pick up and hand is rubbed with Fuel Tank on Hand Bar full lock.
I polietly asked them to call me once the TD vehicle is ready. Very Upset.

I had a talk with the manager and they told that they can arrange for any spare parts within a week time including Radiator i specifically asked for.

1.70 and 1.95 Lakhs respectively for Non ABS and ABS versions.
Old 19th December 2011, 12:24   #182
Senior - BHPian

Except these two points, all others are understandable

Quote:
Originally Posted by aks_karthik View Post
Seriously i don't fell the bike is with 250CC engine and 22 Nm Torque
Quote:
they can arrange for any spare parts within a week time including Radiator
The manager whom you would've spoken would be either from sales or showroom, not the ASC; the service head knows the reality, unless you spoken to him.

Last edited by aargee : 19th December 2011 at 12:26.
Old 19th December 2011, 12:33   #183
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aargee View Post

The manager whom you would've spoken would be either from sales or showroom, not the ASC; the service head knows the reality, unless you spoken to him.
Nope, They had called Spares Dept in front of me and i too spoken to the person responsible for Spares. He only told me this details i mentioned earlier.
if you need i can PM the person Phone No and i had already mentioned this issue with them and they are ready to help to procure a Radiator.
Old 19th December 2011, 12:49   #184
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Will complete 12K when I go home this evening; already have a wire cut off at the bottom on the clutch cable!!! Just wanted to ask, if this a quality issue?
Have you got a call from Honda for replacing the parts (nuts/bolts) which are catching rust in just a couple of months?

A friend of mine in Thane-Mumbai got a call from his dealer here for getting his problems solved for free.
If you have not got a call yet, please reach your dealer soon and check on what the issue is.

Thanks
Old 19th December 2011, 18:48   #185
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Nope, They had called Spares Dept in front of me and i too spoken to the person responsible for Spares. He only told me this details i mentioned earlier
Not sure whom to believe; anyway, I don't want to debate (not on you or your post, but with their words) as HMSI is improving upon the availability on spares these days. Most things are available off the shelf

Quote:
Originally Posted by parrys View Post
If you have not got a call yet, please reach your dealer soon and check on what the issue is
Thanks saar; hope you missed this post...

Quote:
BTW, I got the replacement kit on the bolt nuts, RVM bolt caps & rear grab rail. And I've to admit, they look top notch in quality compared to the ones I'd on my bike. So the initial batch DID HAVE quality issues.
Old 19th December 2011, 21:51   #186
BHPian

Quote:
I second that. As I've mentioned somewhere else too, more than 100 days and I'm still waiting for my radiator. And I personally find the torque perfect for daily commuting. Just whack the throttle open and you are already at the next intersection.
But then that is a personal thing. To each, as they say, his own!

Quote:
If it's the sales manager, it's but obvious. But I definitely wish this were true.
dreamseller is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th December 2011, 05:50   #187
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Nope, They had called Spares Dept in front of me and i too spoken to the person responsible for Spares. He only told me this details i mentioned earlier
Well it was Manasarovar Honda right? I was there last evening for tightening the slackness of my chain which had gone loose in just 1000 Kms (can you believe?); here're some of my observations on the trained person...
1. They never brought a torque wrench
2. They never bought a scale to measure the slackness

When they were about to finish the work, I asked if they haven't used a scale to measure the slackness; only after that, they started searching for a scale. All the ones they bought had almost invisible marking on the measurements. After 15-20 minutes, they finally measured something & used 88mm torque to bolt the wheel nut.

Guess what? The slackness is now uneven due to some reason because the slackness is uneven & they didn't know how to fix it; I'm really worried as how to get that resolved. It might sound simple, but to me its engineering thing & I can't let that simple thing let it be; this simple thing can lead to so many other complexities & I've already witnessed the decrease in top end + lack of free rotation at the rear!!!
Old 20th December 2011, 08:55   #188
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Well it was Manasarovar Honda right?
aargee,
I never bought any bikes from them and no idea about how they service vehicle.
Even i used to give my Honda Activa to some road side mechanic who gives service as my satisfaction.
I just went to Honda Showroom to check CBR 250 and that time i remembered your post on troubling to get a Radiator, so i enquired them.
I am afraid to but CBR 250 because of the incompetent nature of Honda Service centres.
Old 20th December 2011, 09:40   #189
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I never bought any...so i enquired them
Its perfectly fine, I don't intent to offend or substantiate anything; I was adding what I experienced with them.

Quote:
I am afraid to but CBR 250 because of the incompetent nature of Honda Service centres.
Well...visit JSP Padiputhunagar or Didar T.Nagar Honda ASC & I'm sure your perception will change ; while its quite true that ASC play a large role in buying a vehicle as service depends for lifetime, but these 2 guys are quite reliable, competent & its not just that HMSI doesn't support, HMSI does support in terms of knowledge & training, but some of the C250R mechs choose not to follow them, call it laziness or whatsoever. From my experience JSP is far better than any Honda ASC & Didar T.Nagar is almost equivalent to PBK's service. So the point is, good ASC do exist, but a few in number. Most importantly, speak these issue to any of these showroom owner's, you can see a miracle of dirty drain turning to perfume kind of job from ASC!!!

I did have bad experience from JSP as well as another small time Honda ASC on my Activa, but I pulled up JSP's socks to have just out of showroom kind of engine on my 7 year old Activa

Last edited by aargee : 20th December 2011 at 09:47.
Old 20th December 2011, 10:07   #190
Senior - BHPian

Already i have been fighting to keep my Silverstreak in Pristine condition with TATA ASC. Though VST is very friendly and i know each and every one inside the service centre and they happily do/accept whatever i need.

I want the same kind of reception in Bike arena too. I serviced my Activa in JSP Anna Nagar and Didar Motors, Anna salai, Vadapalani twice and everytime i took my bike after a long quarrel, one being, Didar Motors, Anna salai changed my front left fairing with older one and i escalated to the top most and they agreed and ready to paint it to match the other part of the Activa.
Another incident at Didar Motors, Vadapalani , They had literally lost my Activa. They dont about the activa whereabouts. After a long hour, One of the mechnaic had bring it back as he took it for his personal purpose. Me and my Father had given them a earful and left the centre. They had given a complimentary wash

After this all scary incidents, i never went to Honda Service Centres for my Activa service.

After reading you thread, I have inclined on CBR250 over Ninja 250.
If i buy CBR 250, will i privilege to get your immense help if any issue will be evoked.

Last edited by aks_karthik : 20th December 2011 at 10:09.
Old 20th December 2011, 10:52   #191
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
After reading you thread, I have inclined on CBR250 over Ninja 250
See, don't buy something without understanding the pros & cons, I'm sure you might've but still, do not look from pricing, power alone. Put your requirements first, then set the expectations right; who knows something totally out of the blue might also fit in.

Since I'd set my expectations right, everytime I take out my C250R, it never ceases to put a smile on my face; I'm only angry with the way HMSI had handled everything w.r.t CBR right from hurried launch, lack of quality & the way they were treating most C250R customers earlier (probably even now).

Quote:
If i buy CBR 250, will i privilege to get your immense help if any issue will be evoked.
Just give me the chance
aargee is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th December 2011, 11:01   #192
Senior - BHPian

As a Auto Fancier, I am very much set up my mind as well as what i want in my next Bike.
Clearly CBR 250 wins hands down, But unhappy with the TD bike,ASC and looks department comparatively with Ninja 250, though it's 1 lakh costlier.
My Wife outright rejected once she seen it in the showroom.
I hope, i do some 'n' No:Of visits to Showroom before booking the one. Sometimes i shelf this idea and put money in buying the next car.
GOD ONLY KNOWS.
Right now, I am very keen in buying a 250cc Motor Cycle. Let's see.
Possible PM me your Mobile Number.
Old 20th December 2011, 12:46   #193
nitin.dangayach

Quote:
Seriously i don't fell the bike is with 250CC engine and 22 Nm Torque. Might be i was looking for more.
A lot of Vibration, No pick up and hand is rubbed with Fuel Tank on Hand Bar full lock.

totally agree with you on this karthik.took a test ride a week back & also got to ride my friend's new bike for a good distance.dam this does not feel like a 250CC bike & 22 Nm Torque.

CBR250 totally waste of time & for 1.70 and 1.95 Lakhs respectively for Non ABS and ABS versions,waste of money as well .

Note from Support: Smiley usage restricted to 2 smileys per post. Please refrain from using excessive / more than 2 smileys in a post.

Last edited by n_aditya : 20th December 2011 at 14:25. Reason: extra smiley deleted.

Old 30th December 2011, 23:29   #194
Senior - BHPian

Since,you have ridden a lot,what do you think is the sweet spot for crusing on highways-as in the maximum comfortable speed,before the bike starts begging for mercy.
Old 31st December 2011, 09:29   #195
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aks_karthik
Already i have been fighting to keep my Silverstreak in Pristine condition with TATA ASC. Though VST is very friendly and i know each and every one inside the service centre and they happily do/accept whatever i need.

I want the same kind of reception in Bike arena too. I serviced my Activa in JSP Anna Nagar and Didar Motors, Anna salai, Vadapalani twice and everytime i took my bike after a long quarrel, one being, Didar Motors, Anna salai changed my front left fairing with older one and i escalated to the top most and they agreed and ready to paint it to match the other part of the Activa.
Another incident at Didar Motors, Vadapalani , They had literally lost my Activa. They dont about the activa whereabouts. After a long hour, One of the mechnaic had bring it back as he took it for his personal purpose. Me and my Father had given them a earful and left the centre. They had given a complimentary wash

After this all scary incidents, i never went to Honda Service Centres for my Activa service.
I have bought my Honda Dio from Didar Motors, my experience from them is really good. They have always given me the vehicle on time. Plus, I wanted to take a test drive of the stunner, they did not have a test drive vehicle so the owner of the place gave his personal vehicle for one.

You can speak to the owner, a very friendly guy, he generally sits in the Anna salai showroom.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks