Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 11th December 2011, 11:14   #166
Senior - BHPian

re: Honda CBR 250R Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrAzY dRiVeR View Post
Can you mention, or atleast PM me?
What's there to PM? It's a known fact that I always get it serviced at JSP Anna nagar

Quote:
Originally Posted by esteem_lover View Post
Who else, JSP Honda, right ?
Spot on!!!

So last night, I'd made several plans to ride somewhere long, but couldn't wake up before Sunrise; So with all confused destination in mind, I started off towards Pondi, half the way, changed plan toward Chengalpet & then towards Chennai. Landed up doing this from 7:00 to 9:30 AM for over 170+ Kms...

Honda CBR 250R Review-m1.jpg

Can vouch anywhere, the front brakes are quite unreliable on high speeds.

Last edited by aargee : 11th December 2011 at 11:15.
aargee is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th December 2011, 20:02   #167
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aargee View Post
Naveenroy - What're the parts that you require? These days most parts are available off the shelf; if they can be procured in Chennai, I can help you possibly with few things. But I still vouch, most things are available off the shelf. Give your bike to one of the biggest & reputed ASC in BLR. Most of my parts were shipped via Bluedart through flight, that's the kind of reputation my ASC has with HMSI.
Really appreciate the offer of help, aargee!

I am actually approaching Saphire Honda for the parts. From tomorrow morning my main work is going to be calling up all the dealers in Bangalore for parts. But I am also not sure how this will all work out because I am claiming insurance for all this.

I've been a little caught up with work but am posting the scanned copy of the estimate sheet here. Will also start a new thread to avoid hijacking your thread.
Old 11th December 2011, 23:07   #168
Senior - BHPian

Aargee, I sat on one today and it felt great, the first bike which felt good to sit on after my Yezdi. I want to take it for a test ride to see how it feels to ride it.
Old 11th December 2011, 23:36   #169
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Aargee, I sat on one today and it felt great, the first bike which felt good to sit on after my Yezdi. I want to take it for a test ride to see how it feels to ride it.
It certainly is; ideally HMSI should've atleast done a good marketing or advertising, but, they're sadly not concentrating; they probably are confident (or arrogant) on their product.

Take a test ride with one from any of your friends during a group ride. Its not as bad as what's being discussed all over. It may keep up with N250R on top speeds, but for sure, it wouldn't disappoint you either.

Initially HMSI got so much hickups that all the positive aspect of the bike is buried with all these niggling issues. From what I hear, none of the latest batch of the bikes come with all the issues addressed; I haven't witnessed any latest ones though.

BTW, I got the replacement kit on the bolt nuts, RVM bolt caps & rear grab rail. And I've to admit, they look top notch in quality compared to the ones I'd on my bike. So the initial batch DID HAVE quality issues.
Old 11th December 2011, 23:43   #170
Senior - BHPian

I saw some 20 bikes with the dealer here in Pondy and I must say the way they are dumped is a serious cause for concern. I saw bikes with no seats, bikes with other bikes' seats placed on the petrol tank etc. I also saw a fireblade kept in a separate room, will post pics of that soon. Hope all is well in the end for you, the bike is a stunner for sure.
esteem_lover is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th December 2011, 11:31   #171
Senior - BHPian

I visited the Lodha Honda showroom opp to Mepz yesterday and sat on the bike. Felt very nice. There is no kick start lever. How does one start the bike if the battery is dead? Can it be push started?

They do give a TD but only by prior appointment. Bike is available ex-stock. No waiting period. In fact there were two bikes available in the showroom (one black and one red), both for sale. The red looks very nice.

In fact I had gone to check out CBR, Unicorn, Shine and the Twister. Except the CBR, none of the others were available on display. Come to think of it, I have seen the CBR on the road only on a couple of occassions ever since it was launched.

BTW has anyone visited the new Enfield showroom nearby this one? I went in and was very impressed. Done up nicely like a boutique, with nice display of bikes - a 500 was even hanging from the ceiling, seemingly on a flimsy strap! Looks like they are attempting to make it a cult bike, like the Harley. The fit and finish of the bikes is also much better now.

The showroom is oddly "manned" only by girls!

Last edited by Gansan : 12th December 2011 at 11:35.
Gansan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th December 2011, 11:41   #172
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
One of them to switch from Yezdi to CBR. I tried lot of bikes before but none gave the confidence like the Yezdi but finally CBR did it.
Old 12th December 2011, 12:10   #173
Senior - BHPian

Aargee and the rest - have started a thread for the parts issues that I am facing here - http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/motorb...ts-issues.html

Would appreciate your inputs.

Hijack over
naveenroy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th December 2011, 19:27   #174
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gansan View Post
There is no kick start lever. How does one start the bike if the battery is dead? Can it be push started?
Can't be push started; you can live with peace of mind with a new battery for atleast 3 years; keep the battery checking or start the bike once in a week & it will be fine. Nothing to worry!!!

Sir go for ABS, not the standard please.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gansan View Post
anyone visited the new Enfield showroom nearby this one?
Velavan motors?

Quote:
Originally Posted by rk_sans View Post
none gave the confidence like the Yezdi but finally CBR did it.
Good to hear & I'm flattered
Old 12th December 2011, 20:43   #175
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Can't be push started; you can live with peace of mind with a new battery for atleast 3 years; keep the battery checking or start the bike once in a week & it will be fine. Nothing to worry!!!

Sir go for ABS, not the standard please.

Velavan motors?
ABS...that version was 195k as of yesterday! Anyway it is early days yet before I decide on a next bike! If I do buy it, I will ride it to work everyday, no weekly start-ups!

The Enfield showroom is named "The Legend Motors" and I was told they opened only on 16th October. It is located between Domino's and Satyaa Motors (TVS).
Old 13th December 2011, 12:11   #176
Senior - BHPian

I have taken a Ride on my friends Honda CBR 250R, I was shocked with the vibrations felt on the bike.

Honda's were the so called pioneers of refined engines. My friends Unicorn which is more than 4 years old now and done more than 40,000 kms felt smoother than the CBR.

There surely has been compromise in Quality Control measures.
parrys is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th December 2011, 13:53   #177
Senior - BHPian

Parrys - You cannot compare the square bore of Unicorn to the CBR 250R's engine; obviously the former will be smoother; for a single cylinder of 76 mm bore & 55mm stroke, the smoothness is felt between 60 to 75 mph.
Old 13th December 2011, 14:06   #178
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Parrys - You cannot compare the square bore of Unicorn to the CBR 250R's engine; obviously the former will be smoother; for a single cylinder of 76 mm bore & 55mm stroke, the smoothness is felt between 60 to 75 mph.
What i wanted to mention here is not an actual comparison, but that amount on refined expectation one has from a Honda.

My bad that I compared them both actually.
Still, I somehow do not like the CBR 250R because of the vibrations felt. The engine makes a not so pleasant noise as well.
Old 16th December 2011, 18:16   #179
Senior - BHPian

The issue on brake is sorted out by Didar T.Nagar; they've one of THE EXCELLENT supervisor + CBR technician; I'd rate 4.9/5 on all fronts be it with customer service, politeness, technical aspects. Not that JSP is bad, probably, if JSP is good, Didar T.Nagar is excellent.
Old 19th December 2011, 11:19   #180
Senior - BHPian

Will complete 12K when I go home this evening; already have a wire cut off at the bottom on the clutch cable!!! Just wanted to ask, if this a quality issue?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks