Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 30th November 2011, 08:44   #151
Team-BHP Support

re: Honda CBR 250R Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by unni.ak View Post
Disc pads needing to be changed at 600kms is really bad.
+1.

Its really sad to see such quality levels from Honda. Even indian makes like Bajaj and TVS produce breakpads which last much longer, and its not like earth-shattering braking power or anything offered by the Honda either!

Was the crash caused due to a lack of bite from the discs?
Old 30th November 2011, 09:29   #152
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Shows the quality of parts being used by Honda
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrAzY dRiVeR View Post
Its really sad to see such quality levels from Honda
No, wait guys; let's not jump into conclusion on the quality of Honda; let me get the bike from ASC back to discuss further & carry out the analysis. Also the disc pad replacement is only what I'm asking for, the pads might only need a simple clean up.

Quote:
Can you not source them from outside? Or would that void warranty?
Hope you're aware that Honda parts are not available from independent spares dealer & HMSI ASC has stopped counter sales spares sales.

Quote:
PS: Is the screw on the RVM holder rusted? Guess its just dust.
No its rusted; I've asked to replace it under warranty in the service including the side panel that are slightly grey instead of black.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrAzY dRiVeR View Post
Was the crash caused due to a lack of bite from the discs?
Frankly I don't know & let me not jump into attributing the crash to disc pads

Last edited by aargee : 30th November 2011 at 09:30.
aargee is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th November 2011, 17:30   #153
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aargee View Post
No, wait guys; let's not jump into conclusion on the quality of Honda; let me get the bike from ASC back to discuss further & carry out the analysis. Also the disc pad replacement is only what I'm asking for, the pads might only need a simple clean up.
Conclusion drawn from the picture you had posted, which showed unusual wear!! Too early to draw conclusions then! Are the pads manufactured by Honda or sourced from a 3rd party?

Quote:
Hope you're aware that Honda parts are not available from independent spares dealer & HMSI ASC has stopped counter sales spares sales.
Nope, that's news for me. I always thought there would be other specialized manufacturers who would be making parts like disc pads, air filters for CBR 250R. Like K&N making air filters for almost all the vehicles on the planet! That was my line of thought.

At times people get carried away trying to find source of the problem, and miss the evident. I am an avid follower of this thread, since CBR 250R, the one with ABS, is something I hope to get my hands on, at some later month!. Sorry to hear you had the crash, and happy that you are none the worse for wear.
unni.ak is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th November 2011, 22:41   #154
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Are the pads manufactured by Honda or sourced from a 3rd party?
BYBRE supplies for HMSI as well as BAL

Quote:
I always thought there would be other specialized manufacturers who would be making parts like disc pads, air filters for CBR 250R
There're OE suppliers like Rolon for chain, BYBRE for brakes etc; but they'll need to be procured from distributors since these spares are little higher on price & wouldn't be available over the shelf from local spares shop. If you've Activa, try getting some real spares from local automobile shops, chances are that you'll find only few consumables.

Quote:
Like K&N making air filters for almost all the vehicles on the planet!
K&N is after market part; for C250R, they would be something like Two Brother's exhaust etc.

Quote:
the one with ABS, is something I hope to get my hands on, at some later month
Go for it!!! Despite all my vain, the bike never fails to put a smile across my face each time I ride it; I certainly do have riding pleasure + the fun factor. The product is certainly a good one; but you'll like the product only if the ASC provides equal support + the minimal downtime (time spent at garage) which is quite unfortunately little high for C250R now.

Last edited by aargee : 30th November 2011 at 22:48.
aargee is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 30th November 2011, 22:48   #155
BHPian

After market is the word I was looking for! Instead mentioned it as parts! Best of luck with the repairs, and hope you get your bike back soon.
Old 3rd December 2011, 17:10   #156
Senior - BHPian

Update - Had a chance to pass through ASC today; so dropped in for a surprise check up; the bike is untouched since I'd left; but the RVM's are turned like hell (don't know which %$$#%#$ sadist gets what kind of twisted pleasure to meddle with RVM's like this); when I was inquiring for the parts arrival, I was told it might arrive sometimes during next week. But I wouldn't trust them until it has really come. So many phone calls!!! doh!!!
Old 7th December 2011, 02:08   #157
Senior - BHPian

LOL for the day...
HMSI people say the parts have been dispatched last week;
ASC says they've got the parts last weekend/early this week;
The CBR mechanic is on leave for a week

Good thing is that, parts were dispatched sooner than expected; frankly I expected a delay of 1-2 weeks. But never expected the trained mechanic to be on leave. What I hear is that, he's the best available mechanic at JSP & is under pressure to complete his tasks; nevertheless he doesn't complain though.

So ideally it will take about a week to commence the work!!!
Old 7th December 2011, 09:49   #158
BHPian

I think, judging from the agony you have suffered, I would like to enroll myself for getting trained as a Honda certified service technician. More than interest in this stuff, it's the need. That way one doesn't have to rely on ASC for this. Possible? or is the thought too idealistic?

The ABS version uses Nissin rather than Bybre.
Old 7th December 2011, 11:06   #159
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by farhadtarapore View Post
I think, judging from the agony you have suffered, I would like to enroll myself for getting trained as a Honda certified service technician
That is IF, HMSI & a dealer agrees upon. Try getting yourself trained for Hero Moto Splendor & you'll know what I'm talking about.

Quote:
Originally Posted by farhadtarapore View Post
That way one doesn't have to rely on ASC for this. Possible? or is the thought too idealistic?
Yes, but...how does procuring parts help even if you're trained on CBR 250R

Last edited by aargee : 7th December 2011 at 11:07.
Old 10th December 2011, 20:28   #160
Senior - BHPian

So finally I got my bike today after a false promise of yesterday!!!
Good thing is that most parts were available off the shelf; like, one side fairing & front fenner. These weren't predicted to be damaged or had very minor damage that didn't hamper the ride in anyway.

As part of CBR 250R recall, foot peg of allen bolts, RVM bolts were replace; most importantly the cover for the RVM bolts were caped on.

I was very excited about the price of one side fairing - Rs 928 including tax Awesome!!!

But the front disc are still (or even worse) spongy & I'm loosing confidence on high speed braking. Guess, I'll have to wait more to get this sorted out.
Old 10th December 2011, 22:28   #161
Senior - BHPian

Sadly, I am in a position to share your frustration with one of mine, aargee!

Had an accident last weekend and left the bike at ASC for estimate et al. They came back with an estimate of Rs.10562. Well, decided to go the insurance way. But sadly, no parts. None - out of the list of around 30 odd parts, the ASC has 6! And the parts manager sadly opens his arms and says that it is totally out of his control and that he is not getting any parts.

I was planning a South India ride this month end and now I have to throw those plans out the window! RE kicked me first, now Honda decides to do so too!

I am starting a new thread so that there is more coverage of this parts issue!
naveenroy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th December 2011, 23:11   #162
Senior - BHPian

Naveenroy - What're the parts that you require? These days most parts are available off the shelf; if they can be procured in Chennai, I can help you possibly with few things. But I still vouch, most things are available off the shelf. Give your bike to one of the biggest & reputed ASC in BLR. Most of my parts were shipped via Bluedart through flight, that's the kind of reputation my ASC has with HMSI.
aargee is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 11th December 2011, 01:45   #163
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Naveenroy - What're the parts that you require? These days most parts are available off the shelf; if they can be procured in Chennai, I can help you possibly with few things. But I still vouch, most things are available off the shelf. Give your bike to one of the biggest & reputed ASC in BLR. Most of my parts were shipped via Bluedart through flight, that's the kind of reputation my ASC has with HMSI.
Thats good news. 928 including tax is surprising given karizma half fairing almost cost twice as much. Which ASC is this? Can you mention, or atleast PM me?
Old 11th December 2011, 02:01   #164
Senior - BHPian

Who else, JSP Honda, right ?
Old 11th December 2011, 02:54   #165

Interesting read.
My friend managed to seize the engine in his honda activa.

Unbelievable! Honda used to be synonymous with Reliability.
I guess those days are fast turning into history.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks