Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 19th January 2012, 12:32   #211
Senior - BHPian

re: Honda CBR 250R Review

Worst came go into a Yamaha showroom and buy a can of Yamalube chain spray. Motul makes them but in Yamaha packaging.
Old 19th January 2012, 14:37   #212
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aargee View Post
Sure Because I don't seem to find this mentioned anywhere on the net
Yes I'm sure. The Motul authorized dealer stores in Blore have the black can's in supply now. The official Motul website is not updated with the new design.

I bought a can of chain lube some 4-5 months back (could be a bit longer too) and it is the silver canister.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SunnyBoi View Post
Worst case go into a Yamaha showroom and buy a can of Yamalube chain spray. Motul makes them but in Yamaha packaging.
+1. Yamalube products are Motul stuff specially packaged for yamaha. Yamalube oil is the same motul oil
n_aditya is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st January 2012, 17:47   #213
Senior - BHPian

Time for another update - I'd complained about the side panels being blackish white + the paint peeling off at engine to the dealer around Nov end. Dealer had promptly forwarded the complaint to HMSI during Dec 1st week & till date HMSI hasn't responded. Absolute crap behavior from HMSI!!! Meanwhile, dealer had sent a reminder once more during this week or last; still...no response!!!
Old 3rd March 2012, 22:57   #214
Senior - BHPian

Update - The side panels are not still replaced; meanwhile I'd to keep clocking & its 15979 on ODO & due to next service. Had given a huge list of points to take care of; not that all of them are complaints, but, those are the points to restore the bike back to perfection...out of showroom condition. Major complaints are...
1. Increase in vibrations
2. Additional noise from the front panel when bike revs after 7.5K RPM

all others includes like change of parking lamps (as one of them is slightly blackish), regular oil & filter change, wheel balancing etc.

The last I hard on panel update was that, the panels are available, but HMSI has to approve to replace them under warranty (waiting for over 2-3 months now).
aargee is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th March 2012, 10:34   #215
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
all others includes like change of parking lamps (as one of them is slightly blackish), regular oil & filter change, wheel balancing etc.
Where and how is wheel balancing done for your bike's wheels?

There is no one that i know of that balances motorcycle wheels, at least in Blore.
Old 4th March 2012, 10:45   #216
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by n_aditya View Post
Let me find that for your Adi, give me a week or less time pls.

Quote:
There is no one that i know of that balances motorcycle wheels, at least in Blore.
Sure there're ugly set of weights added to both my alloy wheels, so I know its being done.
Old 4th March 2012, 12:29   #217
Senior - BHPian

Thanks RG.

Quote:
Sure there're ugly set of weights added to both my alloy wheels, so I know its being done.
At the factory, yes. My ninja too has the weights on the alloys. But i have seen that the replacement wheels have no such weights (wheels replaced when damaged).

The only thing i have comes across for bike wheels on balancing is this.
Old 4th March 2012, 12:47   #218
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
At the factory, yes
But what I saw from showroom was just a small set of weight on front & rear; but after the 2nd service I saw a freaking big huge weight on the front; it like raising its hands & screaming out to everyone, "Hey I'm here, look at me". The rear isn't that ugly.
Old 4th March 2012, 14:29   #219
BHPian

Quote:
I saw a freaking big huge weight on the front; it like raising its hands & screaming out to everyone, "Hey I'm here, look at me".
Can we have some pics to look at it?
Old 4th March 2012, 16:22   #220
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Furebo View Post
Can we have some pics to look at it?
Sure why not? Let it come from ASC after 4th service; if you're in Chennai & can't wait, visit JSP Anna Nagar & ask to look for CBR with regn 50.
Old 9th March 2012, 18:16   #221
Senior - BHPian

Bike is ready from service, atleast that was over the phone; pleasing to hear, but I'm yet to check/test the huge list I've given. Will do that tomorrow or Monday as I'm not keeping a good health & the medicines I'm taking is like narcotics!!! Keeping my drowsy all the time!!!

Quote:
Upon inquiry there're 2 information I received; they said, last time they did it at a shop opposite to (old) Arun hotel, but now the shop has been closed; weird; another news says that, balancing has not been done so far. I don't know what to believe now!!!

Anyway, I called up XL tire point & they said as of now they don't do for motorcycles, but will have a setup in about 60 days from now. They'll have their equipments at all their branches across Chennai.

One good thing is that, JSP Anna Nagar has kept up their promise of my vehicle delivery on Friday ; they claim to have completed my entire list except wheel balancing; how much of quality work has been done, I'm yet to check out. I'll post an update once I get hold of the motorcycle.
Old 21st March 2012, 15:25   #222
BHPian

Thought you will be the right person to ask these questions.
I hear a lot have been changed (improved) in terms of quality on the 2012 CBR, what is your take on it?
Though it has become a little more expensive (10k), is it worth the extra money?
Where in chennai are they letting test ride of the bike.
I went over to one showroom in Ashok nagar, but those guys said I have to go to Aday for that.
I have booked a bullet but my mind is constantly swaying for a faster newer bike.
You have clocked quiet a bit on the bike. 15k+ amazing.
I wonder how you manage such a stint in chennai heat.
What riding gear do you use?
Old 11th April 2012, 07:35   #223
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Visaster View Post
You have clocked quiet a bit on the bike. 15k+ amazing.
Thanks. But this is what it read last Sunday...

Honda CBR 250R Review-img_8721.jpg

Sorry it took a while for me to get back on this thread; I'm sure you got most of your answers from my other thread on answers to common questions on CBR 250R. Pls PM or post if you need any more info that's not covered in that thread. Tks.
Old 11th April 2012, 18:56   #224
Senior - BHPian

Before completing the above, the CBR was just here - Google Maps

It was really fun & one of a kind of experience; I was looking like a joker among all the 4X4 plying over there. I couldn't make it to the end as I was sweating profusely & forgot to carry drinking water. Fearing Sun stroke or dehydration, I'd to restrict myself.
Old 12th April 2012, 10:25   #225
Senior - BHPian

aargee, one question!

Does the radiator incorporate a cooling fan similar to cars or not? I am wondering if the engine will overheat while negotiating slow, stop and go city traffic.

Last edited by Gansan : 12th April 2012 at 10:26.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks