Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 15th September 2011, 23:55   #106
BHPian

re: Honda CBR 250R Review

whoa, 10K kms in 88 days!!!. That's amazing. Waiting for your TL post. How are the roads in Pune? I will be doing a HYD-Pune-Hyd in a day's time next month.
Old 16th September 2011, 09:44   #107
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ford_madhan View Post
Share some more details on your trip..
Quote:
Originally Posted by abhinav.s View Post
Please do share the the link to the TLog
Quote:
Originally Posted by naveenroy View Post
Yes, please do share the trip-log - seems like a nice route
Quote:
Originally Posted by mantrig View Post
Please be kind enough and share the link with us, I'm sure each one of us would like to know as much as we can about this great journey.
Quote:
Originally Posted by nosfreak View Post
Waiting for your TL post
Fourteen days in hand and where to ride? - Page 5 - xBhp.com : The Global Indian Biking Community

Tks Mantrig, I liked your comment

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhinav.s View Post
Please see if you can put up a log in T-Bhp itself.
I'm not making quality posts here

Quote:
Nay-sayers, beware!!
I like this

Quote:
How are the roads in Pune?
In the city? Good.

Quote:
I will be doing a HYD-Pune-Hyd in a day's time next month.
Saddle sore? Try Hyderabad-BLR-Chitradurga-Balgaum & back to Hyderabad. Or try via Chennai; or try to cross Kholapur in the night to avoid traffic.

Last edited by bblost : 18th September 2011 at 23:33. Reason: An invalid url has been removed. Thanks.
aargee is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 16th September 2011, 10:14   #108
Senior - BHPian

Hi Aargee, Can you ask a mod (by reporting a post) to rename your thread title as 'resolved by HMSI'. It will be a good for readers to read.
Old 16th September 2011, 10:46   #109
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by aargee View Post
For 10K kms, here's what I did in 12 days. If anyone is interested in the TLog, let me know, I can share the link.
Read the trip log. Looked at the pictures.

So you had 14 days to spare. A good bike sitting in the garage. Hmm...

So you picked her up, filled it and rode her from down South India all the way up to North India. All in 12 days. Hmm...

Just like that. Hmm.....

HOLY LORD!!!

If that's not sheer awesomeness nothing is.

Way to go man. I can just imagine the fun you would have had.

BRILLIANT. ABSOLUTELY BRILLIANT. Now that's a true rider right there.
Spitfire is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 16th September 2011, 12:38   #110
Senior - BHPian

Great stuff - reading the triplog!!
Old 16th September 2011, 13:00   #111
Team-BHP Support

@aarge - Have you prepared the log & is it out? If yes, please provide a link.
Thanks
Old 16th September 2011, 13:26   #112
Senior - BHPian

Congrats Aargee,
What a turn over of events. Happy to see the bike doing really good. Gives other owners more confidence on the performance of the bike.
Old 16th September 2011, 15:27   #113
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheel View Post
@aarge - Have you prepared the log & is it out? If yes, please provide a link.
Thanks
Since Aargee is offline, taking the liberty to post the link from his previous post below:

Last edited by bblost : 18th September 2011 at 23:35. Reason: Quoted post had an invalid url. Edited. Thanks.
abhinav.s is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 16th September 2011, 23:04   #114
Senior - BHPian

Another question - how many of you new CBR owners have the ABS version? I have no experience riding a vehicle with ABS and have read that stopping distance actually increases with ABS. True?

I consider my braking abilities to be quite good - have been riding a Thunderbird without disc brakes even for 6 years now without a mishap. Think I'll have to adjust something here? Perhaps early braking to make up for the ABS?
naveenroy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th September 2011, 09:54   #115
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Another question - how many of you new CBR owners have the ABS version? I have no experience riding a vehicle with ABS and have read that stopping distance actually increases with ABS. True?
Its a myth!!! ABS stands for AntiLOCK Braking System which means, its kicks in only when the wheels are locking until which ABS is ineffective.

So you absolutely have to do nothing with ABS; its very useful on wet surfaces & you don't have to apply the brakes with the fear of wheels locking up, you can simply apply the brakes as if you're applying on dry tarmac & ABS takes care of the rest.
aargee is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 18th September 2011, 23:02   #116
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Its a myth!!! ABS stands for AntiLOCK Braking System which means, its kicks in only when the wheels are locking until which ABS is ineffective.
Yeah, had did some research on this. Thanks for clearing that up.!
Old 19th September 2011, 14:50   #117
BHPian

Quote:

So you absolutely have to do nothing with ABS; its very useful on wet surfaces & you don't have to apply the brakes with the fear of wheels locking up, you can simply apply the brakes as if you're applying on dry tarmac & ABS takes care of the rest.
I like the way you have simplified it for the masses. It doesn't get simpler than this for a layman (I'm one too) to understand.

Thanks!!!
Old 22nd September 2011, 09:38   #118
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Yeah, had did some research on this. Thanks for clearing that up.!
Quote:
Originally Posted by mantrig View Post
I like the way you have simplified it for the masses. It doesn't get simpler than this for a layman (I'm one too) to understand.
Anytime guys

Just another update - After the second engine is replaced I've clocked a little over 9K kms & not a single tappet noise still & that too mostly with highway rides for all these many days. Like I said before, the product is brilliant, but Honda India should stay a little attentive towards customer's. Anywhere you go, there's a shortage of spares, be it for their first product Activa or their latest CBR 250R (I've both). And not to mention, few of their ASC's does a shoddy job. Probably Honda is overlooking their products over ASC & spares!!!
Old 17th October 2011, 11:12   #119
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by svsantosh View Post
Can you ask a mod (by reporting a post) to rename your thread title as 'resolved by HMSI'
Well, you don't know when they struck!!! Here's another one...

Let me keep things short with the email I sent to HMSI customer care (modified to protect privacy content) on 3-Oct even after the regional HMSI engineer is following up

Quote:
Hi
I’m from Chennai & owner of CBR 250R (XX 99 X 9999) bought June 17 from JSP Honda, Anna Nagar, Chennai, that has clocked close to 10800 Km as I type & is waiting for service because of lack of few parts…
1. Front & rear sprockets with chain
2. Rubber bush kit on the fairings (to reduce vibrations)
I’ve been in touch with the HMSI engineer, who is very helpful, however, I believe spares parts supply are beyond his control; he seem to have spoken with Manasarovar Honda as well as JSP Honda in Chennai for ordering the spares. But, it has been over two weeks now and still none of us are aware as when the parts are going to be available.

Please do not ask me to leave the bike at the service center & open up a job card because, I do not want my bike to be put up at service center to become a test mule and/or a piece of exhibition while waiting for the parts indefinitely as it is best to be parked in my garage until the parts arrive.
We’ve a ride planned to Masinagudi from Chennai with a group of other bikers coming up in two weeks & I want the bike to be in top notch condition.

Please let me know when the spares will be available to get the bike serviced so that I can make for the trip.
So when I shot this email I was already waiting for over 2 weeks & now...its a month!!! The ridiculous part is that, HMSI has shipped the rear sprocket & chain last weekend, but they haven't shipped the front sprocket. Today, if I go to buy a chain/sprocket set for my Rx, I get as one whole kit including, 2 sprockets, chain including the tounged washer. I don't know how HMSI can ship parts individually. The worst thing is that, I also need the rubber damper on the swing arm & they haven't shipped it.

The most funniest part is that...HMSI has about 15-18 C250R participating in Honda One racing at MMSC with every necessary spares, but, they only don't have spares for their customers!!!

I was almost determined to file a consumer court case if my bike wasn't ready by 20th to join the road trip & with the present conditions, I don't expect even a miracle to occur to make it. What do you guys suggest? Should I opt for consumer case?
Old 18th October 2011, 09:39   #120
BHPian

Quote:
What do you guys suggest? Should I opt for consumer case?
I do think you should opt for a consumer case considering the ordeal you have gone through, right from the engine seize to the current spares issue. We as fellow CBR owners will provide as much online & offline support as we can, as the fall out might result in better spares availibility for us all in the long run.

But on another note, current lack of spares might be a temp issue just like getting the CBR 'off-the-shelf' was till few months back. As high demand has now peaked out, you can expect better spares soon. Considering that high clocking bikers like you are rare (I have not even managed 1k in 3 months), Honda probably planned their spares inventory on the slacker side and concentrated more on boosting production to lower down waiting periods (which it did). Also not to forget the time and money efforts that you will have to "spend" till the case is in court (6-24 months at the least).

Brgds,
Vishal
salunkhe.vizz is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks