Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 7th April 2024, 21:34   #1006
BHPian

Re: Motorcycle Tyres : Compared!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ebonho View Post
So of this encourages Indian pricing Indian tyre manufacturers, I'm all for it. To my mind its ridiculous to pay half a lac for a set of tyres. My opinion purely. And I have the same way of looking at high end bicycle tyres as well, where each 25 mm wide hoop costs 6k+.

Cheers, Doc
Unfortunately the opposite is happening. These Indian manufacturers are launching radials in the same price range the imported tyres used to sell for. The steel radials from TVS/MRF/CEAT cost around 10-15k now. I'm not an elitist when it comes to tyres either and most of my bikes had mid-range tyres on them. I believe there should be the option of better rubber if someone needs it and should not be a closed market like the very old days. This is quite clearly strong lobbying from the Indian tyre makers in recent times. The reason why these Michelins and Metzelers got so expensive in the first place was import restrictions that came into place 3-4 years back.
b16h22 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 7th April 2024, 22:36   #1007
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by b16h22 View Post
Unfortunately the opposite is happening. These Indian manufacturers are launching radials in the same price range the imported tyres used to sell for. The steel radials from TVS/MRF/CEAT cost around 10-15k now. I'm not an elitist when it comes to tyres either and most of my bikes had mid-range tyres on them. I believe there should be the option of better rubber if someone needs it and should not be a closed market like the very old days. This is quite clearly strong lobbying from the Indian tyre makers in recent times. The reason why these Michelins and Metzelers got so expensive in the first place was import restrictions that came into place 3-4 years back.
Pure and simple cartelization using the China bogie! And of course everyone involved is scratching each others' backs.

On an unrelated note, the easiest way to get traction in India is mention China and Make in India in the same breath. Like Alladin's magic lantern.

Cheers, Doc
ebonho is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 15th April 2024, 17:43   #1008
BHPian

Pulsar 150 stock tyre replacement advise needed

Can someone suggest a good tyre for replacing the stock tyres of my Pulsar 150 Abs.

Wishlist:
  1. softer tyres
  2. stock size only, no upgrades planned
  3. road tyres only, not a fan of knobby pattern tyres
  4. pot hole friendly, if thats a choice available

Looking for softer tyres than the crappy eurogrip it has & usage is mainly on city roads and occasional highway rides, with almost zero off roading.

Current set of tyres are 70% used at 22,000kms on odometer. But they tend to give a tramlining effect on uneven roads very often.

Thanks in advance.
Old 15th April 2024, 17:49   #1009
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Pulsar 150 stock tyre replacement advise needed

Quote:
Originally Posted by SS80 View Post
Can someone suggest a good tyre for replacing the stock tyres of my Pulsar 150 Abs.
I got MRF Masseter (rear) last year for my motorcycle (have posted in this thread). I found it to be a good soft rubber compound tire. Looks good- nothing flashy. Comes in most stock sizes.
For the front, I am on the second set of MRF FY-1 (Yamaha R15 front tire). It's not the stock size for my bike and is slightly wider but it is a great tire with superb grip. Not too many size options in FY-1 since it is a vehicle specific tire but do check if the size suits.
Old 18th April 2024, 10:45   #1010
BHPian

I'm looking to replace my stock Pirelli sport comps on my Interceptor as I can see minor cracks on the side wall. I want something with decent grip and good longevity. How are Reise traceRs? How do they compare against stock pirellis or ceats?
Old 19th April 2024, 14:54   #1011
BHPian

Re: Pulsar 150 stock tyre replacement advise needed

Quote:
Originally Posted by saket77 View Post
I got MRF Masseter (rear) last year for my motorcycle (have posted in this thread). I found it to be a good soft rubber compound tire. Looks good- nothing flashy. Comes in most stock sizes.
For the front, I am on the second set of MRF FY-1 (Yamaha R15 front tire). It's not the stock size for my bike and is slightly wider but it is a great tire with superb grip. Not too many size options in FY-1 since it is a vehicle specific tire but do check if the size suits.
Big fan of the Masseter series but unfortunately, it seems to be discontinued in our area.
Old 22nd April 2024, 15:29   #1012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moose View Post
I'm looking to replace my stock Pirelli sport comps on my Interceptor as I can see minor cracks on the side wall. I want something with decent grip and good longevity. How are Reise traceRs? How do they compare against stock pirellis or ceats?
Reise tyres are P rated which is lower than the H-rated Pirelli or even the Ceats for that matter.

As far as choices for 18 inch tyres go, for a reasonable price (read not imported tyres) you have only 2 choices, the Ceat Zoom Cruz and the Vredestein Centauro ST. The Ceats should be around 6-6.5k (and available in both tubed and tubeless variants) whereas the Vredesteins are more expensive by about 2k (tubeless only). Performance-wise the Vredesteins are much better than both the Ceats and the Pirellis and the rear is a radial construction too.
sab3r2th is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 23rd April 2024, 10:16   #1013
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sab3r2th View Post
Reise tyres are P rated which is lower than the H-rated Pirelli or even the Ceats for that matter.

As far as choices for 18 inch tyres go, for a reasonable price (read not imported tyres) you have only 2 choices, the Ceat Zoom Cruz and the Vredestein Centauro ST. The Ceats should be around 6-6.5k (and available in both tubed and tubeless variants) whereas the Vredesteins are more expensive by about 2k (tubeless only). Performance-wise the Vredesteins are much better than both the Ceats and the Pirellis and the rear is a radial construction too.
Thanks for the info. I was going for the traceR(reise), but I'll get the vredestein. I think 2k premium is reasonable for performance tyres.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks