Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 3rd October 2023, 12:28   #976

Re: Motorcycle Tyres : Compared!

Hello , I own a cb350RS which has run close to 20k kms and the stock tyres are see the last of its life. I was looking for a semi on road -off road tyres (block tyres) to go for but seems like there is only very limited options for rear 150/70-17. can someone advise few good options to shortlist from ?
Old 4th October 2023, 12:57   #977

Quote:
Originally Posted by shivkrishh View Post
Hello , I own a cb350RS which has run close to 20k kms and the stock tyres are seeing the last of its life. I was looking for a semi on road -off road tyres (block tyres) to go for but seems like there is only very limited options for rear 150/70-17. can someone advise few good options to shortlist from ?

Update : I have been keen on getting the Apollo Trampler XR but they comes in 150/60-17 . Is it suggestable to sacrifice the aspect ratio which come around a reduction of 15mm . ?

Now it seems like the choice is really between the stock MRF kurve 150/17 and the trampler 150/60
Old 11th October 2023, 13:00   #978
BHPian

Hi folks, the stock tyre size of my Fazer 150 '09 is
Front 100/80 17 = 80mm,
Rear 140/60 17 = 84mm,
i.e. rear is 5% taller than the front tyre, but the stock rear tyre being low in profile was highly prone to puntures, so about 5 years ago, due to lack of knowledge/experience I changed the rear tyre size to 120/80 17 without changing the front tyre.

Never got a single puncture ever since the replacement but the dynamics of the bike changed for worse & since height at the rear rose, I felt more pressure on the wrists & posture felt tiring.

Fast forward to present, I again have to change both the tyres. At this juncture I'll be using my motorcycle only for touring, so ATTs are being preferred. I'm getting really good tyre with the dimensions:
140/70 17 = 98mm(Apollo Tramplr),
so for front a tyre which would be closest to being 5% shorter than the rear would be,
100/90 17 = 90mm(Reise tour).

What all can I expect from the bike if I replace with the above said size, moreover is it recommended?

Last edited by suhaas307 : 11th October 2023 at 13:02. Reason: spacing for readability
Old 12th October 2023, 17:10   #979
BHPian

Hi, I'm new to this topic. If I were to switch to the Apollo Trampler XR (150/60 r17 and 110/70 r17) on my Triumph Speed 400, how would it affect handling on roads, especially when cornering or braking?

The existing set of tyres on the bike is great for our roads, but if I were to go offroad on a trip, I would like to have more grip in sand or mud and greater protection from rocks, thorns, etc.
Old 30th October 2023, 19:57   #980
BHPian

Has anyone here used Reise Moto tyres? I've been looking for a new rear tyre for my Himalayan and came across this brand today. Priced extremely competitively! YouTube reviews are very positive, but may be unofficially paid reviews also.

Looking for some real world experience.
Geo_Ipe is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th October 2023, 21:10   #981
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geo_Ipe View Post
Has anyone here used Reise Moto tyres? I've been looking for a new rear tyre for my Himalayan and came across this brand today. Priced extremely competitively! YouTube reviews are very positive, but may be unofficially paid reviews also.

Looking for some real world experience.
These Reise Moto tyres are now widely available. Though I have no personal experience with them, I hear from riders and store owners that these tires are pretty good.
neil.jericho is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th October 2023, 22:12   #982
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geo_Ipe View Post
Has anyone here used Reise Moto tyres?
I was about to post and you posed a query :-).

I have a neighbour's 2018 Himalayan at my disposal to keep it operational. Stock Ceat tyres had developed surface cracks due to age and less usage. Tyres had enough tread depth however grip was showing concerns in twisty ghat sections. I had told owner that tyres need change before his RE motoverse ride to Goa, decided to change tyres after coming back from a weekend ride.

Stock tyres
Motorcycle Tyres : Compared!-img_20231014_16271459701.jpeg

Motorcycle Tyres : Compared!-img_20231014_16265849501.jpeg

Front tyre comparo
Motorcycle Tyres : Compared!-img_20231014_17174208201.jpeg

Rear tyre comparo
Motorcycle Tyres : Compared!-img_20231014_17190120301.jpeg

Nice Chevron pattern on these Reise TrailR

Front tyre after a small running-in ride
Motorcycle Tyres : Compared!-img_20231015_08062402401.jpeg

Rear tyre
Motorcycle Tyres : Compared!-img_20231015_08060690901.jpeg

I am yet to head back to twisties however initial feedback in city roads is very good.
I wanted to try Reise TourR (Tour/Road focussed) however had to settle for Reise TrailR(Mix usage) due to non-availability of TourR.
Cost for set of TrailR was Rs. 6,900, TourR would have been cheaper by 400/500.

Quote:
Originally Posted by neil.jericho View Post
These Reise Moto tyres are now widely available.
Yes, however not all models are available. Hope to see supplies ease across tyre dealers for an Indian tyre manufacturer.
sukiwa is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 11th November 2023, 03:02   #983

Hi!
I am looking to replace my CB350RS tyres. They come in 100/90-19 and 150/70-17 sizes. Anyone having any recommendations for road biased tyres. Within around 15k a set.

I have shortlisted the Reise Tracer 01 for the front and Vredestein ST for the rear.

Also can somebody guide me to where I can balance my motorcycle wheels in Kolkata? I can't seem to find a place.

Thank you
Old 25th November 2023, 16:57   #984
BHPian

Hello All,

I own a CB350 H'Ness that comes with MRF Zappers.
I'm thinking of buying either the CB300R or the Duke 390 in the coming months. The little Honda comes with MRF Revz C1 whereas the KTM comes with Metzeler Sportec M5. Test rode the 390 today and the tyres didn't inspire confidence on broken roads as my H'Ness does, which is fair as those Metzelers are not meant for it. But the reality is that our roads are full of broken patches. I prefer riding a bit spirited.
Here are my doubts:
1) I've heard that the TramplrXRs are very good dual purpose tyres. If I go for them on the CB300R, would those be an upgrade over MRF RevZ on good roads?
2) I've heard a lot if praises for Alpha H1s too. If I go for them on the Duke 390, would those be a slight upgrade over the M5s on bad roads?
3) Which tyres would be good for these motorcycles that offer best of both worlds?

Thanks!
t3rm1n80r is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 25th November 2023, 21:25   #985
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by t3rm1n80r View Post
Hello All,

I own a CB350 H'Ness that comes with MRF Zappers.
I'm thinking of buying either the CB300R or the Duke 390 in the coming months. The little Honda comes with MRF Revz C1 whereas the KTM comes with Metzeler Sportec M5. Test rode the 390 today and the tyres didn't inspire confidence on broken roads as my H'Ness does, which is fair as those Metzelers are not meant for it. But the reality is that our roads are full of broken patches. I prefer riding a bit spirited.
Here are my doubts:
1) I've heard that the TramplrXRs are very good dual purpose tyres. If I go for them on the CB300R, would those be an upgrade over MRF RevZ on good roads?
2) I've heard a lot if praises for Alpha H1s too. If I go for them on the Duke 390, would those be a slight upgrade over the M5s on bad roads?
3) Which tyres would be good for these motorcycles that offer best of both worlds?

Thanks!

Check out post number 47 and 48 of my thread below for the answer to point (2). Short summary - you are absolutely right. The H1s are very good over broken patches and gravel

https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/motor...enfield-4.html (My ownership review of the KTM Duke 390, and how it pushed me back towards owning a Royal Enfield)
rahul4321 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 26th November 2023, 13:29   #986
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by FireBlade View Post
I am looking at these tyres only for cornering. So your post has now instilled enough confidence in me to plonk almost 23k on set of Road 5s. My local dealer quoted 13.5 k for rear tyre 150/60 R17 and 9.5k for front ones 110/70 R17. Planning to install them during early next year. Will share how much upgrade they are over my current Street Radials after some use
Hello Bhpians,

Posting on this thread after almost an year as I pushed my plan to buy Road 5s for my baby 'Blade for sometime. But finally 10 days ago, decided to bite the bullet and installed Road 5s for ₹23k(set) and some more for fitting charge. These tyres are bloody expensive, but once you install them in your sport bike(naked or faired), you'll have a blast of a time.

Just coming back after 70kms ride on these fresh set of rubber. Here are my initial impressions regarding these tyres in comparison with my previous street radials(bear in mind these new tyres are just bedding in):

1. Stability: So far haven't found them to be too different from my previous street radials. Maybe, after they bed in, they'll become more stable. That said, Steet Radials were amazing when it came to straight line stability and Road 5s have matched them in my very first ride.

2. Cornering: This is where difference was immediate. My previous street radials were no slouch and I pushed them to the limit, but boy o boy, Road 5s are in a league of their own when it comes to cornering precision, lean angle, stability and agility. Absolutely loved them even during my first ride. Just thinking about the fun to come when they will completely bed in

Conclusion: I think for CBR250R, Michelin Pilot Radials are as good tyres as you can get. But, Road 5s are even better than the best. If you have ultimate love of cornering then do I recommend? Hell Yeah!

Now some pics:
Attached Thumbnails
Motorcycle Tyres : Compared!-20231126_125405.jpg  

Motorcycle Tyres : Compared!-20231126_125440.jpg  

FireBlade is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 30th December 2023, 17:04   #987
BHPian

I have a 2023 250 Duke with MRF Revz. I am really looking forward to change the rear tyre. I have good grip on the tyres but I am just not comfortable. I have been lucky thrice, once in the wet and twice on gravel. I will run out of luck.

1. Apollo Alpha H1's have also been talked about on KTM groups, mixed reviews. They need sufficient heat. 5800 online, 6200 near my place in Greater Noida. Fitting charges included.
2. TVS Eurogrip Protorq Extreme HR's are better? Heard a lot of praise. Better than H1's? 6400rs.
3. Do I skip all the jargon and get the Diablo Rosso II for 7.8k? Pirelli, the masters. Tyre life is 8-14k I have heard. :/
4. Michelin Road 4 is very difficult to find. The Road 5 is at 11k. Superb overall? The best investement?

8975 kms of pure fun, knowledge and an eye-opening ownership experience. Even met Senior BHPian @no_fear in Noida!

Maximum grip is my number one parameter. Safety first. I only pull hard when I have space or on a track. Looking forward to say bye-bye to the Revz C1 ASAP. Help needed.
shiv11bhargava is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st December 2023, 00:05   #988

@shiv11bhargava, just go for H1 or Protorq, these will be more than enough for our Indian road speeds. If you want to burn money get Road 5. I had H1s on my CBR250r, overall good tyres.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shiv11bhargava View Post
I have a 2023 250 Duke with MRF Revz. I am really looking forward to change the rear tyre. I have good grip on the tyres but I am just not comfortable. I have been lucky thrice, once in the wet and twice on gravel. I will run out of luck.

1. Apollo Alpha H1's have also been talked about on KTM groups, mixed reviews. They need sufficient heat. 5800 online, 6200 near my place in Greater Noida. Fitting charges included.
2. TVS Eurogrip Protorq Extreme HR's are better? Heard a lot of praise. Better than H1's? 6400rs.
3. Do I skip all the jargon and get the Diablo Rosso II for 7.8k? Pirelli, the masters. Tyre life is 8-14k I have heard. :/
4. Michelin Road 4 is very difficult to find. The Road 5 is at 11k. Superb overall? The best investement?

8975 kms of pure fun, knowledge and an eye-opening ownership experience. Even met Senior BHPian @no_fear in Noida!

Maximum grip is my number one parameter. Safety first. I only pull hard when I have space or on a track. Looking forward to say bye-bye to the Revz C1 ASAP. Help needed.

Last edited by Eddy : 31st December 2023 at 01:21. Reason: Merged
N4Revv is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 6th February 2024, 14:59   #989
BHPian

Hi BHPians, my question is not related to any specific tyre but a general question to all premium bike owners. With curbs on imports of most of the premium motorcycle tyres, how difficult are you, the existing owners, feeling to find good set of tyres for your possessions?

A general search online shows that until 150 section width, there is no dearth of options, but there are very little to no reliable sources for 160, 170 or 180 section tyres.

You can give your sources so that it will be helpful for existing owners as well as for those who are planning on new purchases. @Mods, if my question isn't relevant to this thread, kindly move it to the appropriate one.
Old 27th February 2024, 23:43   #990

Hi Bhpians!
I had posted this on Yamaha FZ25 : An Owner's Point Of View. But I didn't seem to get a reply there and hence found this thread. Maybe, this was the thread I had been looking for all this while.

https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/motor...t-view-14.html (Yamaha FZ25 : An Owner's Point of View)

I am currently using a 2017 Yamaha FZ25 given to me by a relative's friend who has moved aboard for work. I will be writing about my thoughts and the condition of the bike later in a detailed post on another thread. The bike has clocked over 30k kms till date and is currently running on a set Michelins. The front is a Michelin Pilot Street and the rear is a Michelin City Pro. The tyres have worn out and the rear usually locks up on sudden or panic braking as this is the First Gen Non Abs model. Could anyone suggest a good set of rubbers? I am a sedate rider but do spirited rides once a while. I ride the bike to my work place and back on weekends which is around 42 kms both ways, from which 28 kms is on the highway. I would always prefer to have my tyre size as recommended by the manufacturer which is 100/80 17 for the front and 140/70 17 for the rear. The stock tyres as per the manual come with a set of MRFs. The front tyre was a Tubeless 100/80-17M/C 52P MRF Nylogrip Zapper-FX1, whereas the rear was a Tubeless 140/70-17M/C 66S MRF Nylogrip Zapper-S2. Please feel free to suggest any tyre that you know of which could be the best fit. My requirements are handling and durability but honestly I am looking for an overall all-rounder. I would lean more over to the tyres which are value for money but I would also love to know more about the serious ones like the Pirellis and Metzellers in hopes of getting them in future. Thanks!!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks