Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 23rd April 2015, 15:53   #4276
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: The KTM Duke 390 Ownership Experience Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by nasirkaka View Post
Found 3 small leaks on the rear tyre (stock metz run for 19k kms). Two of them are leaks from old puncture repair. one is from a small nail embedded. These were resulting in tyre loosing half its pressure in 2 days time. Repaired one of the leaks which was more pronounced. This should hold for a few days.
Have been wanting to change the tyre for a while, but was carrying on with the old one as there was still some life left and partially my laziness. Now i WILL have to get a replacement this weekend.

Could someone help me with where can i buy the metzs in Bangalore? what would be the approx cost? Enquired at two places but they seem to have no stock. My first choice is metz but incase its not readily available, what would be the next best option? and their availability. price is not a big issue, safety is. Have heard about 2 variants of Michelin and the new MRF. Let me know your thoughts.
If the tyre still has life in it and if the leaking puncture is not towards the edge of the tread, get a Mushroom patch done at Madhus(Details in our directory).This should seal the hole totally and let you use the tire till the end of its life.

There is MRF Revz FC1 and C1 which costs 6000 odd for a pair. These are the alternative designed by MRF for the 390
Old 23rd April 2015, 15:57   #4277
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhinav.s View Post
The mirrors and hand guards will be fitted before delivery at times. ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by mithunvvijayan View Post
IMO its better that the odo reading is 22 km not 0 km. .
Just had a call with dealer and he confirmed that he have 2 showrooms and the warehouse is far from both and they ride the bike from warehouse to either showroom.
Hope he is telling truth.
Old 23rd April 2015, 17:42   #4278
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thar4x4 View Post
Just had a call with dealer and he confirmed that he have 2 showrooms and the warehouse is far from both and they ride the bike from warehouse to either showroom.
Hope he is telling truth.
Don't worry. Many bikes come with around 20 kms on the clock. Do a proper PDI with the checklist here. Everything will be fine.
Old 23rd April 2015, 21:36   #4279
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anilp View Post
Don't worry. Many bikes come with around 20 kms on the clock. Do a proper PDI with the checklist here. Everything will be fine.

Thanks !

I tried to search the PDI list for 390 specific but no luck, do you have link?
Old 23rd April 2015, 22:59   #4280
BHPian

Very weird, but I'm not able to track it down either. I'm pasting what I used for reference since I'd saved it offline. I'm not sure which thread this came from. Excuse me if it's from somewhere else.

1. Coolant level: Between MIN and MAX, preferably closer to MIN
2. Check swingarm, rear and front tire/alloys for nicks, scratches
3. Check paint condition (daylight)
4. Check control cables, play in the throttle, lever fitting
5. Adjust mirror stalks and ensure mirrors are not loose.
6. Based on your weight, setup preload of the rear (4/5 for 70-90kilo)
7. Check chain slack after sitting on the bike, should be <=10mm
8. Ensure odometer reading is <30kms, if not ask for explanation.
9. Ensure chassis, engine number are properly entered in all documents
10. Ensure horn/lights/indicators are functional and bolted firmly.
11. Ensure battery connectors and their covers are properly fastened.
12. Check for console scratches (should be a transparent sticker in place to prevent)
13. Spare key is fastened with a clip-tie under the rear seat with the key card. Remove and store carefully.
14. Ensure Toolkit is fastened under rear seat.
15. Ensure first aid kit is placed under rear seat.
16. On receiving delivery, crank the engine, wait for 2-3 minutes for it to warm up, before pushing off.
17. On exiting showroom, hit the nearest fuel pump to fill up and also check tyre pressure.
18. Get rid of any plastic covers anywhere on the bike, they will only hasten rust/dirt accumulation.
19. Ensure any chalk marks on the seats/elsewhere are removed before accepting delivery.
20. Ensure the regn number is properly stickered both front and rear.
21. Ensure foot pegs/crash guard/tyre hugger are in good condition, any scratches probably mean they dropped the bike.
anilp is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th April 2015, 11:46   #4281
Senior - BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

Quote:
Originally Posted by sagarpadaki View Post
If the tyre still has life in it and if the leaking puncture is not towards the edge of the tread, get a Mushroom patch done at Madhus(Details in our directory).This should seal the hole totally and let you use the tire till the end of its life.

There is MRF Revz FC1 and C1 which costs 6000 odd for a pair. These are the alternative designed by MRF for the 390
By life i meant very little. The tyre is not bald, but the tread is reached TWI. Could stretch it for another 500-800 kms.

Will hunt for Metz as first choice if not then may settle for Michelin Pilot Street Radial 140/70, as most of the reviews say good things about the tyre. MRF REVZ C1 is relatively new and i did not find much info on the same.
Old 24th April 2015, 18:14   #4282
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Could someone help me with where can i buy the metzs in Bangalore? what would be the approx cost? Enquired at two places but they seem to have no stock. My first choice is metz but incase its not readily available, what would be the next best option? and their availability. price is not a big issue, safety is. Have heard about 2 variants of Michelin and the new MRF. Let me know your thoughts.
Metzelers are best suited for 390. They will cost around 18k for a pair. I got a new set last month.
I would suggest Michelin Pilots as next alternative, but MRF for 390, no Frustrati
Old 24th April 2015, 19:46   #4283
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hillram View Post
Metzelers are best suited for 390. They will cost around 18k for a pair. I got a new set last month.
I would suggest Michelin Pilots as next alternative, but MRF for 390, no Frustrati
after calling a few places, i got to know that one of the service centres in bangalore is got a single piece of rear Metz with them. asking about cost, they said its around 11.5K for just the rear tyre. Is the price ok? planning to go there tomorrow.
Old 24th April 2015, 19:54   #4284
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
after calling a few places, i got to know that one of the service centres in bangalore is got a single piece of rear Metz with them. asking about cost, they said its around 11.5K for just the rear tyre. Is the price ok? planning to go there tomorrow.
11.5k is okie for rear tyre. They actually go upto 12k with some dealers. Its all about demand and supply.
Old 24th April 2015, 21:19   #4285
BHPian

Quote:
they said its around 11.5K for just the rear tyre. Is the price ok? planning to go there tomorrow.
Might I recommend you to speak to other private stores as well. KTM will always desist you from visiting private stores and give theories that you should install nothing but Metz, but then, I think you should speak to some to get their quotations as well.

Just one SVC having only one rear Metz doesn't quite add up well, IMO. Even if you go for it, inspect the tyre thoroughly.
Old 24th April 2015, 22:00   #4286
BHPian

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by hillram View Post
11.5k is okie for rear tyre. They actually go upto 12k with some dealers. Its all about demand and supply.
Why is there such a big difference in price for the metz ? Here in delhi, a pair is for 15.5k and just the rear tire is for around 9k
aditya.bhardwaj is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th April 2015, 23:56   #4287
BHPian

Finally I am proud owner of KTM Duke 390 White - 2015.

Lots of confusion, up and down but finally big smile on face.

A BIG thanks to TBHP and BHPians for support in decision making.

Special thanks to ebonho doc, vw2010 and man_of_steel for answering all my question on PMs and on forums.

And finally the person whoes Leh travelog on Duke inspried me to go for this bike unk9ja

Booked the bike on last weekend and got delivery today. Full cash payment, the OTR Pune is 209006 with zero depreciation insurance from New India Assurance and KTM road side assistance.

Let the picture talk now, will post my initial impression in sometime.

Getting ready.

The KTM Duke 390 Ownership Experience Thread-img_0425.jpg

The KTM Duke 390 Ownership Experience Thread-img_0426.jpg

My son is excited lot more than me.

The KTM Duke 390 Ownership Experience Thread-img_0428.jpg

The garage is complete for now.

The KTM Duke 390 Ownership Experience Thread-img_0439.jpg

The KTM Duke 390 Ownership Experience Thread-img_0450.jpg

Last edited by Thar4x4 : 25th April 2015 at 00:08.
Thar4x4 is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 25th April 2015, 11:30   #4288
Senior - BHPian

Congrats Vishal! She looks smashing. Use her well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thar4x4 View Post
Special thanks to ebonho doc, vw2010 and man_of_steel for answering all my question on PMs and on forums.
Glad we could help a fellow motorhead. That's what Team BHP is for.

Quote:
the OTR Pune is 209006 with zero depreciation insurance from New India Assurance and KTM road side assistance.
That's a great package. Amazing to see no price creep from Bajaj on this cracker of a bike for over two years now.

Quote:
My son is excited lot more than me.
Always the photos you look back at and cherish the most. Both for how nice and new the vehicle looked, as well as how small the kids were.

Quote:
The garage is complete for now.
Seems a bit similar to mine no?

Let's ride.

Last edited by ebonho : 25th April 2015 at 11:31.
ebonho is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th April 2015, 14:17   #4289
BHPian

Congrats Thar4x4. The 390 is 1 terrific machine!
I got mine in October 2013 & crossed 8000 kms yesterday. No falls, drops etc during these months. In fact I got my 1st puncture a couple of weeks ago but didnt discover it until a few days ago when Doc called me up for a small night ride to meet the BLR HOGS who were in Pune. The culprit was a small nail about a cm in length lodged in the rear tyre Missed out on meeting Shubz & others.
I have off late started enjoying the true potential of this bike after having got used to the nature of this bike. The more I ride it, the more it bonds with me & urges me to go that wee bit faster. Infact, I touched my highest speed last Sunday. I don't see myself upgrading to a larger capacity bike atleast for the next 2 years. Kudos to Bajaj & KTM for such a fantastic bike at such a killer price.
coolrain is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 25th April 2015, 14:35   #4290
Senior - BHPian

Re: The KTM Duke 390 Ownership Experience Threadr

In Michelin which one would suit better? 150/60 or 140/70?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks