Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 12th May 2016, 14:38   #5491
BHPian

Re: The KTM Duke 390 Ownership Experience Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by barcalad View Post
Mate, irrespective of whatever tyre you choose, ping me whenever you're reaching Delhi. Me (and probably a few other bhpians) would like to meet you.
Brother I would love to meet your guys however I am not passing through Delhi. This is my route for this trip.

Pune -> Chittorgarh -> Abhor -> Batot/Banihal -> Kargil -> Rangdum -> Padum and around - Rest day -> Padum -> Kargil -> Leh - Around -> Leh -> Hanle -> Tso Morir -> Sarchu -> Mandi -> Jaipur ->Ratlam
Old 12th May 2016, 14:53   #5492
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thar4x4 View Post
Brother I would love to meet your guys however I am not passing through Delhi. This is my route for this trip.

Pune -> Chittorgarh -> Abhor -> Batot/Banihal -> Kargil -> Rangdum -> Padum and around - Rest day -> Padum -> Kargil -> Leh - Around -> Leh -> Hanle -> Tso Morir -> Sarchu -> Mandi -> Jaipur ->Ratlam
Ah, nevermind. In the event that you decide to ride via Delhi - Gurgaon - Neemrana - Jaipur route while returning, do let me know. You can possibly stay over at Delhi for a night too and do some local sightseeing for a day while you're here.
barcalad is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th May 2016, 16:41   #5493
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by barcalad View Post
Ah, nevermind. In the event that you decide to ride via Delhi - Gurgaon - Neemrana - Jaipur route while returning, do let me know. You can possibly stay over at Delhi for a night too and do some local sightseeing for a day while you're here.
I would suggest the Roopnagar/ Ropar - Chandigarh - Ambala - Panipat - Rohtak - Jhajjar - Behror - Jaipur on your return. Nice clean roads with minimal traffic till you hit the Behror part. Behror to Jaipur is maddening traffic all the way.
unk9ja is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th May 2016, 16:53   #5494
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Urban_Nomad View Post
Got my rear tyre replaced - 140/70/17 IRC road winner @ 3k
The tyre had a nasty puncture a few days ago, which I got repaired immediately. However, since then the tyre's performance has not been up to the mark. The other day; both while going to the office and returning home, I found the rear to be sliding even at very moderate lean angles. Some of those slides were pretty gnarly

Took the bike out to go to work this afternoon and immediately felt that something was wrong tyre-wise. Headed straight to the nearest petrol bunk and got the air checked. Results:

Front : 28 PSI
Rear : 7 PSI

I got the air checked on both tyres just 5 days ago. Checked the area where the puncture is and the tyre seems to have a bump where the repair strip was inserted, but cant hear any air hissing out from that spot

Half way through my journey today, the rear again started to feel a bit squirmy. When I parked my bike and inspected the tyre, it was BURNING HOT. Now it could be because the temperature today is particularly horrid, but I mean I could not keep my hand on the tyre for more than 3 seconds without feeling the burn. Is this normal?

I am going to check the air pressure again tomorrow and hope there's no air loss. And I think its high time I invested in a good pressure gauge

Any suggestions on what I can check / do to make things better? I would hate to replace tyres again in less than a 4 month period. Also, does anyone know where I can get that mushroom patch thing done in Delhi NCR?
Old 12th May 2016, 17:03   #5495
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by unk9ja View Post
I would suggest the Roopnagar/ Ropar - Chandigarh - Ambala - Panipat - Rohtak - Jhajjar - Behror - Jaipur on your return. Nice clean roads with minimal traffic till you hit the Behror part. Behror to Jaipur is maddening traffic all the way.

Yep, this is very tentative route and I am following the excel which is coming form Kumar sir.
Old 12th May 2016, 23:20   #5496
BHPian

Guys,
I want to install the 12V socket and USB charger on my Duke 390. I enquired at ASC and they are saying that warranty will be void.

As per my knowledge there is one extra harness provided for accessories by company which is secured by 5 V fuse. Have any body used that ?

Which is the best reliable charger?

I liked RESONATE ChargePLUS and Bolt however both do not have 12V socket which I need as I am carrying my Coido tyre inflater which runs on 12V supply.
Old 13th May 2016, 07:22   #5497
BHPian

Quote:
Guys,
I want to install the 12V socket and USB charger on my Duke 390. I enquired at ASC and they are saying that warranty will be void.
I use a BOLT and it's perfect and my warranty is not void, but asking for 12V from a bike means you have to beef up the electricals. This may not be viable.
amitc7 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th May 2016, 15:44   #5498
BHPian

Can somebody tell me what should be the ideal pressure for the rear tire on the 390 with Michelin Pilot Street 150/60/17. Im on the hefty side so you could consider pillion as well
Old 13th May 2016, 16:14   #5499
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by punterccrx8s View Post
Can somebody tell me what should be the ideal pressure for the rear tire on the 390 with Michelin Pilot Street 150/60/17. Im on the hefty side so you could consider pillion as well
This is what I fill since I ride 99.9% solo
  • Solo - F-25/R-29
  • Pillion F-25/ R-32
Tyre pressure is supposed to be same irrespective of tyre.

P.S: Im 66Kgs and even with the above pressure, the bike is jumpy on bad roads. Not sure if its coz of suspension setting or excess TP.
MileCruncher is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th May 2016, 16:57   #5500
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Guys,I liked RESONATE ChargePLUS and Bolt however both do not have 12V socket which I need as I am carrying my Coido tyre inflater which runs on 12V supply.
Run it directly from the battery if the need arises. You can have a dual charger with cig light socket and USB along. The Coido runs on the cig light socket if I have not mistaken. There are quite a few available on Amazon and such.

A word of advice, keep the bike running when you are using the inflator or you may lose the battery charge.
unk9ja is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th May 2016, 17:04   #5501
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by punterccrx8s View Post
Given my weight and height (both are "wow" ), I use 26F and 31R. When a majority of my ride is on the highway, I go to 25F and 30R.
barcalad is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th May 2016, 20:43   #5502
BHPian

Quote:
Run it directly from the battery if the need arises. You can have a dual charger with cig light socket and USB along. The Coido runs on the cig light socket if I have not mistaken. There are quite a few available on Amazon and such.

A word of advice, keep the bike running when you are using the inflator or you may lose the battery charge.
Agree with that. Even the resqtec instructions include keeping the engine running during usage.
Old 13th May 2016, 21:47   #5503
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MileCruncher View Post
P.S: Im 66Kgs and even with the above pressure, the bike is jumpy on bad roads. Not sure if its coz of suspension setting or excess TP.
What is your rear pre load set at? At your weight, I doubt you need to go beyond level 3. Heck, you might do fine with pre load set at 0

I am quite certain you have dialed in more pre load than you need
Old 13th May 2016, 23:22   #5504
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amitc7 View Post
I use a BOLT and it's perfect and my warranty is not void, but asking for 12V from a bike means you have to beef up the electricals. This may not be viable.
Bolt is perfect but when I compare it with Charge Plus, I like the later one

Quote:

agree, I even keep my car engine running while using inflater.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kameshwar View Post
Agree with that. Even the resqtec instructions include keeping the engine running during usage.
Thank you guys for word of advices. I have searched all the possible portals however everybody have that Chinese on which is not sure when burn the wire.

I have an idea, what If I we remove the 12V socket from Coido inflater and fix the clamp like jumper cable and use directly to battery when ever required. This way there is no need of 12V socket and I can fit the best product like Bolt or Charge Pluse as I have all other gadgets which are USB enabled.
Is this feasible, anybody tried it. ?
Old 14th May 2016, 10:52   #5505
BHPian

There seems to be a rattling sound emanating from the big black box near the suspension , something like a metal rattling inside.Im guessing the sound is coming from the catalytic converter.Has anybody else faced a similar problem ?

A picture to liven up the thread
Attached Thumbnails
The KTM Duke 390 Ownership Experience Thread-image.jpeg  

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks