Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 23rd June 2015, 15:45   #181
BHPian

Re: Your favourite GP & TT riders

Lousy links. No credibility at all. I could write my own blog and post it here and claim that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheel View Post
Please do so. It won't burst any bubble of mine, I don't carry any inhibitions either, but am under the impression that Rossi had an edge under wet-conditions. Andrea Dovizioso is very good as well. Frankly, in Moto-GP, haven't found Chris Vermeulen to be the rain master [as called]

Sour grapes.

Kenny could never have an upper hand against Rossi and Burgess was unceremoniously dropped, so they both will blabber. Stoner might be like Mika, but that is not the point. No where does Ago mention that Rossi's wins are attributed because of something else.

Sorry, but you don't convince me enough. If it would have been dangerous to be fatal, they would have been penalized.

You don't want me to post the video [where Biaggi tried to push Rossi off], do you?

And Sete Gibernau didn't win a race after that. That is what bad omen does.

Don't get me started on Stoner. Why isn't he fishing or racing V8 cars? Why is he not racing?
He did have talent, but he made his mouth bigger than that.

You either understand binary or you don't.

Where has any other rider said, I don't like Rossi's personality or he has not been helpful or something on those lines?

If it merely the way you see things, then fine, you are entitled to your opinion, but please [without facts] don't push it through.

Thanks.
Yes you could post mountains of news about blabber and competition. But the point is that when it comes to personality, people are always divided. Personality is not binary. It is always fuzzy. Understanding fuzzy is much more difficult. You like certain set of people and I like certain set of people. Am not pushing any one to change their opinion. Just stated that there is enough evidence to form a different opinion on Rossi.

Rossi is a cheeky character and has no respect for his competition, no respect for women. He puts on a great "show" though.

Your impression that Rossi has an advantage in wet conditions and your comment that Lorenzo is not at all good in wet conditions are not backed by the stats from 2009. We have shown enough evidence on that which cannot be disproved in any manner. That is Binary!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MonsterPatrol View Post
Wow Jay that must've been a great experience. Do share
Yes it was. Will share in due time. Never saw so many crashes in my life!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MonsterPatrol View Post
The results say otherwise. Rossi a distant 4th compared to Lorenzo, Pedrosa and Stoner.

Burgess was sacked 18 months after this interview not before.
Results do say Rossi is not so brave when it comes to the wet races too, aint he? . Not so brave means a coward, right?

Last edited by JayKis : 23rd June 2015 at 15:58.
JayKis is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd June 2015, 16:08   #182
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayKis View Post

Your impression that Rossi has an advantage in wet conditions and your comment that Lorenzo is not at all good in wet conditions are not backed by the stats from 2009. We have shown enough evidence on that which cannot be disproved in any manner. That is Binary!

Would like it in black & white. I have been asking for an OFFICIAL LINK. Got one?
Old 23rd June 2015, 16:25   #183
BHPian

You can go to wikipedia. This link is for 2008.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2008_G..._racing_season

The wet weather races are marked in blue background. So should be very easy to identify. There are hardly 3-4 of them in a year. So you can corroborate the evidence posted here!

And all you need to do is open the pic attached here (in the posts before) and check if the data is correct in wiki. Wont take you more than 10 minutes!
JayKis is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 23rd June 2015, 17:36   #184
BHPian

Quote:
Please post the link of the same.
You can confirm this by selecting year,race and category on the Official Motogp website's results & statistics page.
Old 23rd June 2015, 18:53   #185
BHPian

I have been watching motorcyle racing since 500 CC two strokes ruled and the championship was known as 500 CC World Championship. I remember Wayne Rainey winning his 1992 title and also watching his horrid crash in 1993 during the Italian GP at Misano. Nothing compares to the wild 500CC bikes with their narrow power bands and manic power delivery. My favourite riders are:

Circuit Racing

Wayne Rainey
Valentino Rossi
Marco Simoncelli
Barry Sheene ( I have only seen footage of him racing but I absolutely love him for what he was)

Road Racing

Guy Martin

I believe Valentino Rossi is the greatest of his generation and his records will stand for a long time. Casey Stoner was good and had amazing bike control but threw it all away. For me Wayne Rainey is the best and my most favourite rider. Guy Martin is an amazing but distracted talent and I am awaiting his first TT victory if he can keep his shit together.
Old 24th June 2015, 05:02   #186
BHPian

Wet Weather Rivalry

Here is the complete rivalry details in wet weather with points. Took a little while but the pattern is as discussed before.

Wet weather Rivalry with Points
Your favourite GP & TT riders-wet-weather-results-points.jpg

Detailed wet weather Rivalry with Podiums and Points
Your favourite GP & TT riders-detailed-wet-weather-rivalry.jpg

Inference is the same. Stoner the best. Rossi went from second best to fourth. Lorenzo climbed from fourth to second!

1) Stoner leads by a country mile w.r.t any period you take, be it 2006-12 (Vs Ros/Ped) or 2008-12(Vs Ros/Ped/Lor).
2) Rossi was the second best in 2006-12 and 2008-12. Pedrosa third. Lorenzo fourth.
3) Pedrosa leads 2008-14 followed by Lorenzo and Rossi is last.
4) Marquez leads every one in 2013-14. Closely followed by Dani and Lorenzo. Rossi is way behind inspite of being on the Yamaha!
5) Pedrosa leads Rossi by 266 to 244 points in the period 2006-2014!

(Note: 2006 was taken because that is when Dani and Stoner arrived in Motogp. 2008 was taken because that is when Lorenzo arrived. 2012 was taken because that is when Stoner retired. 2014 was taken because there has been no wet weather races yet in 2015!

Absolute respect to Stoner here! Never knew that he was so exceptional in the wet as well. Pedrosa, inspite of not winning a championship, has a very good wet weather history. Brave Lorenzo for conquering his demons and becoming really good at it. Marquez has been good so far. Time will tell about him. The Supposed "GOAT" - Not the greatest of "ALL" time either in the dry or in the wet! He needs to put his wits together!

Last edited by JayKis : 24th June 2015 at 05:24.
JayKis is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 24th June 2015, 11:39   #187
BHPian

Quote:
Lousy links. No credibility at all. I could write my own blog and post it here and claim that.
Why dont you?

Quote:
Rossi is a cheeky character and has no respect for his competition, no respect for women. He puts on a great "show" though.
https://instagram.com/p/4Q--Z6DmuF/?...ellow46fanpage

https://instagram.com/p/4M-wyyDmkk/?...ellow46fanpage

They dont seem to have a problem with each other, dont know what yours is...
Old 25th June 2015, 08:54   #188
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by killjoy View Post
Why dont you?
Buddy, in all fairness, any website/blog can be started by any of us & depending on what we prefer, we can write whatever we wish to. Sure, it has some good read, but that is it.

I would like to see how this seasons pans out, especially after Lorenzo has won 4 against Rossi's 2. Just wish MM mixes up things a bit.

Its easier to tolerate MM than others and I am going to root for him when Rossi graduates :(
Old 25th June 2015, 10:18   #189
BHPian

It's going to be cracker of a season for sure. Might go down to the wire.

For those who haven't purchased Motogp videopass can go online and stream BT Sport 2 live coverage of all the free practice sessions including warm up. Absolutely love their commentators especially Neil Hodgson.
Old 27th June 2015, 18:35   #190
BHPian

Apparently gloating is not allowed here but for those who watched the race, there are few words that can sum it up.

Marc is the next Rossi and the only one with big ones who would have attempted something like that on the last corner of the race. Rossi has done that a couple of times in the past and I think once Rossi retires, Marc will be in a league by himself.

But for now, there was a Masterclass by the one and only and for any that missed the race, please watch it in its entirety.
Old 17th November 2015, 09:17   #191
BHPian

Quote:
Being popular is one thing having other people's respect is another. Rossi is a brilliant rider but he has never been respectful to his competition. He has always had cheeky digs at his opposition from Biaggi to Gibernau to Stoner to Lorenzo. You may glorify them as mindgames but mindgames through the press dont earn you any respect, anywhere. It helps sell news thou and help hype up things. Do you see any other rider doing that? Have you ever heard Stoner remark in a negative way about Lorenzo or vice-versa? Why is it that Rossi is the perennial source of all?
Quote:

In Sports, Perform or Perish is the natural rule. Over the last 5 seasons, Rossi was the fifth best rider on the grid. I have respect for Rossi's riding ability (there are better riders out there currently) but I have no respect for elements of his personality.

If questioning Rossi's performance over the last 5 years is seen as a fashion and bravery, then so be it. It is Rossi who is not brave enough, First on the Ducati and now he is looking not so brave enough on the Yamaha. Bravery and not cowardice is appreciated in Sport!
Quote:
The above is my opinion. Others, what I state are facts, based on data points. The third are credible (privy to info) people's opinions (mountains of text as you may call it). The poem is just to show that Sport is a very cruel affair because idols when they age look mortal (e.g., Rafael Nadal). Sadly in tennis, machinery can do only to a certain extent. In motogp, machinery can still make you look better.

All the data points to that Rossi is not brave on his machinery. In relative terms that is cowardice! Not being man enough!

If anyone who watches the sport regularly is a fan, then I too am one. If am betting on this sport, I better be much more prudent. In matters of money, emotion is worthless! It can cloud your judgement.
This disbeliever was sent to the gallows for saying the truth. He showed them lot of opinions, data points and privy info but they refused to believe that the earth was round!

2015 is the year when the mask finally fell off and he himself did it. Just a small bump to commemorate the occassion

Last edited by JayKis : 17th November 2015 at 09:19.
Old 17th November 2015, 10:59   #192
Senior - BHPian

@GTO

I thought the embargo imposed on certain members, while thread linked, was in reality more topic related.

If you confirm that is not so, I would be happy to jump right back in.

Here.

Thanks and cheers,

Doc

Last edited by ebonho : 17th November 2015 at 11:00.
Old 17th November 2015, 11:03   #193
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
This disbeliever was sent to the gallows for saying the truth. He showed them lot of opinions, data points and privy info but they refused to believe that the earth was round!

2015 is the year when the mask finally fell off and he himself did it. Just a small bump to commemorate the occassion
Not taking anything away from J Lo and without bringing him into discussion, it is yet to be proved as to if Rossi *indeed* made MM crash.

Would you agree that MM [in the last 2 races of championship] made it easier for Lorenzo to grab the championship?

And welcome back
Old 17th November 2015, 21:43   #194
BHPian

Quote:
Not taking anything away from J Lo and without bringing him into discussion, it is yet to be proved as to if Rossi *indeed* made MM crash.

Would you agree that MM [in the last 2 races of championship] made it easier for Lorenzo to grab the championship?

And welcome back
Thanks for the welcome. I wouldn't want to comment on the 2015 Motogp season in this thread. Unless the mods lift the embargo, cant comment on the 2015 MotoGP thread.

You are already privy to what my thoughts are on another venue

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks