Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 18th June 2015, 23:30   #151
Senior - BHPian

Re: Your favourite GP & TT riders

Quote:
Originally Posted by mayankk View Post
Not GP, and not entirely TT, this one.
But who can forget this , and its COMPLETELY underdog maker/designer.
I keep coming back to this thread and the other one (Moto GP) to find interesting bits of history I may not have been privy to

After terabytes of name calling, finger pointing and other fun stuff; this pops up. Thank you so much for sharing. I will definitely watch the documentary to learn more about this record braking "chingum" coloured bike

Parth - Marc fanboys are right here bud! But as is the nature of the human spirit, you celebrate and make lots of noise for everyone to see. You tend to grieve in silence though. The EXACT same way when there was a deafening silence on the Moto GP threads from yesteryears (right up till 2013 IIRC) from the Rossi brigade (see for yourself). Now that the Doctor is in contention; out they are in support of the fluorescent one

I am sad that Marc binned it during his last ride. He had a great start and I was hoping to see him bring it home. But when he went into that corner SOOOOOO HOT; I just closed my eyes shut and mumbled; "please, not again". Lo and behold; Marc was neck deep in kitty litter, looking very frustrated with himself (quite rightly so)

I now know that nothing short of a miracle will bring him in contention for the crown. But will I be cheering for him during the next race ........ YOU BET!!!!
Urban_Nomad is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 19th June 2015, 03:27   #152
BHPian

From the recent discussions held on both the threads I feel Rossi (fan boys) arguments are driven more by emotion rather than by logic and facts. You can show them 'mountains of text' and the opinions of those who matter but they would just ignore it and continue gloating.They also remark very well indirectly "oh what are you? A great rider yourself?" "oh where did you get all this information from, are you part of the motogp paddock?" I suggest them to read a bit (about the sport).With Rossi (fan boys) you can never have a discussion, it is always going to be an argument and you can very well see it here and in the other thread aswell.

The respect for the sport and other riders has to be there. It is necessary. This bad attitude towards other riders and their fans is unwarranted. And this is not limited to only this forum, if you happen to visit the various social media platforms and read the comments on motogp posts you'll see for yourself. Just hurling abuses and nothing else and almost all of them belong to the rossi clan. I dont understand why they get so intimidated by every rider who poses a challenge to their so called 'Goat'. First it was Stoner then Lorenzo and now Marc. Full of insecurity and apprehension.

Maybe they learn it from their master himself. Rossi's very recent comments about Stoner making a comeback is in stark contrast to what Jorge said. Rossi "his comeback wouldn't make sense". Jorge "I will welcome him with open arms". You see the difference. A cheeky character (as jay mentioned aptly- trying to create controversy and make his fans hate him more) vs A confident Jorge free of all insecurities and looking forward to racing with him again.

Fans play a major part in deciding rivalries between the riders. Their attititude can sometimes rub off on their riders too in a good/bad way. As Jay mentioned earlier, Dani's and Lorenzo's rivalry was on some other level since the days of 250. King of Spain had to intervene and even that wasn't enough. They had some absolutely amazing battles with each other but you will never see a Pedrosa/Lorenzo fan exchanging hatred. They love their rider but have respect for the other. That has rubbed off on both and they seem to have no issues anymore.

What about Casey?
He was criticized his entire racing life for his attitude towards media and for being honest,brutally honest. When you look at him he is unique, a rider like no other in every sense of the word. His skill, speed and talent were unmatched.
No other rider was more vocal against Rossi.No other rider was so blunt about the bike he was riding or the conditions of the track.This is where his honesty was misunderstood.
And that translated into booing at the tracks and name calling. Ignorance is rampant wherever the fanboys are involved. They all loved to hate him but since he's retired who will fill that gap for them? Who will they love to hate now? Who will they boo now as the riders get to the podium? Jorge? Marc? I wouldn't be surprised if they boo Rossi themselves one day.Remember Sachin at the Wankhede?

Last edited by MonsterPatrol : 19th June 2015 at 03:42.
MonsterPatrol is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th June 2015, 09:58   #153
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MonsterPatrol View Post

Maybe they learn it from their master himself. Rossi's very recent comments about Stoner making a comeback is in stark contrast to what Jorge said. Rossi "his comeback wouldn't make sense". Jorge "I will welcome him with open arms". You see the difference. A cheeky character (as jay mentioned aptly- trying to create controversy and make his fans hate him more) vs A confident Jorge free of all insecurities and looking forward to racing with him again.
Good Psych evaluation there.
In typical fashion, snipping and de-contexting words, though.
I paste, with utter abhorence :
Seven-time champion and 2015 title leader Valentino Rossi said a decision by Stoner now to return wouldn't make a lot of sense given the length of time he has been out of race action.

“Stoner was without any doubt one of the best riders in MotoGP in the last years. He won championships, he won races. He was always fighting for the podium with the Ducati and with the Honda,” Rossi said.

“I think we have already enough [fast riders] for this championship! Apart from the joke, yeah for sure it can be interesting [if he came back].

“But you know it's quite a lot of time that Casey doesn't race. Don't have a lot of sense that now he [would] come back.

“But will be very interesting to understand and follow the potential of Stoner with the Honda in the Suzuka 8 Hours, because also racing will be Smith and Espargaro that are MotoGP riders,” he added.

“So will be interesting to understand his level of riding after a lot of time without races.”

Meantime, if meaning to troll , I snip and paste :

Lorenzo on stoner's retirement:
racing sometimes is very stressful for us and for sure it depends on your personality

Suppo on stoner's return rumours:
"Casey is Casey, but do we really think he may trouble Marc [Marquez] these days?"
"People don't realise how high is the level [of competition]. Having won a lot doesn't mean one is immediately quick on his return."

You noticed the thread is Your favorite GP TT rider?
Who is yours?
As per the tomes of information on the forum,I know its not rossi.
mayankk is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 19th June 2015, 10:52   #154
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mayankk View Post
In typical fashion, snipping and de-contexting words, though.
Sir, I could've pasted the whole thing myself but avoided due to too much text.If you read what I posted in one line or in the whole context it still tells you about how two different riders think in relation to a comeback of a former rival and a champion.Don't you feel the same? Stoner would've preferred Jorge's comment any day.Rossi continues taking a dig at him using the press even after he's retired.

Moreover I take strong objection to calling Rossi greatest of all time in the general forums atleast.For some it is Doohan, Schwantz,King Kenny, Ago,Hailwood,Rainey. The list goes on. And in Motogp with such big names up there, there can never be a GOAT. Like in Cricket. And Rossi from past 9 years has been anything but a GOAT.

Infact Rossi should thank Ben Spies all his life for his career ending wrist injury.For if Ben spies was still there Rossi had no chance of coming back at Factory Yamaha especially after the Ducati debacle. The whole world was laughing at his arrogance n failure. He would've certainly not continued with Ducati. The "Greatest of all time to walk God's green earth" would've eventually retired and walked into the horizon without a ride unless he thought of satellite teams which are again influenced in decision making by their constructors. Only Tech3 would've given him a chance deciding between him and Crutchlow.

Sometimes I hate the double standards that exist in Motogp. Ducati was winning with stoner before Rossi and performing remarkably well (almost winning) with Dovi after Rossi. But the whole credit of Ducati's resurgence has been given to Gigi Dallag'na and nothing has been said about how well Dovi has worked from his side towards making a great bike worthy of winning a championship. If Rossi had delivered the same results then the fan boys would've annointed him as the greatest bike developer and what not,which they do even now ignorant of the failures. But the fact is Dovi did it and Rossi couldn't. What does that make of Dovi? A better development rider than Rossi if we go by past arguments as its the rider who does everything and develops the bike (like Rossi at yamaha) and finally takes it across the line?

My favorite rider is JL sir

Last edited by MonsterPatrol : 19th June 2015 at 11:12.
MonsterPatrol is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 19th June 2015, 11:28   #155
BHPian

Well, if Rossi fanboys are so ignorant, why are you even trying to waste your breath by trying to present your fine analysis and trying to educate them? For just being a bit "different" right?

I take strong objection to your strong objection - this thread is about our favorite riders and we're all entitled to our opinion. VALENTINO ROSSI is the Greatest Racer of ALL Time. (THE GOAT), and yes, the GREATEST RACER to walk on God's green earth - glad that it has stuck with you so well since I posted it.

Do you realize that for all your copying, pasting articles on eloquent criticism, the Rossi fanboys can paste a gazillion others extolling his greatness, but there is no point in cluttering the thread by pasting meaningless articles about proving how great the others are as well. Of course, they're very good and will feature among great riders and their records will hold true for times to come but at some level, just trying to bull-doze your way through to prove that your favorite rider is no less is not getting us anywhere.

And the recent tone of the thread was changed by the "mountains of text" once again - all contributors to this thread had actually moved to only the 2015 season in the other thread and some folks had posted brilliant comments on other riders and machines.

But alas, the flaming and baiting and copying,pasting had to continue.

EDIT : we're learning disrespect from Rossi himself? And Rossi's behavior might get affected by his fanboys?
And there is no need to become an ANALYST of the two ongoing threads either, in my humble opinion.

Last edited by Parth46 : 19th June 2015 at 11:30.
Parth46 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th June 2015, 12:15   #156
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Urban_Nomad View Post
I keep coming back to this thread and the other one (Moto GP) to find interesting bits of history I may not have been privy to

After terabytes of name calling, finger pointing and other fun stuff; this pops up. Thank you so much for sharing. I will definitely watch the documentary to learn more about this record braking "chingum" coloured bike
Dude, good to have you back seriously! Appreciate the insights you bring.

Of course, you'll be cheering for Marc, and I love it, that's the way it should be. And I'll probably be rooting for another DNF, if you don't mind.

Even though I've been following Team BHP for many, many years now, only joined as an active member in 2013 and hence my silence on the previous years' threads.

Mods: sorry for back to back posts, the edit window had expired.
Parth46 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th June 2015, 14:33   #157
Senior - BHPian

Is everything on the Britten bike patented and copyright protected?

Why didn't any of the big guys just get their hands on one and rip it apart to see what made it tick?

Granted the bikes today are probably way ahead, but its possible that they could have been a lot further up the evolutionary change with the help of that revolutionary machine.

More than the power wheelie what hit me was the way it left the others on the grid standing in its wake at the start. That's very very difficult.

Last edited by ebonho : 19th June 2015 at 14:35.
Old 19th June 2015, 14:49   #158
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ebonho View Post
Is everything on the Britten bike patented and copyright protected?

Why didn't any of the big guys just get their hands on one and rip it apart to see what made it tick?

Granted the bikes today are probably way ahead, but its possible that they could have been a lot further up the evolutionary change with the help of that revolutionary machine.

More than the power wheelie what hit me was the way it left the others on the grid standing in its wake at the start. That's very very difficult.
It probably is, by the britten motorcycle company.
There are just 11 around,and that too after some modicum of success. I dont think anybody was going to get hold of one. After Britten's death, I dont think anyone would be letting go of it.
And he didnt trust the big guys. There was one incident, i think, when he sent an engine to a big one, sealed and marked to not be opened. He was looking for money .It came back with all seals gone!

Apart from all of the legend, the sound has to be heard, even if its just youtube for us.Raucous!
mayankk is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th June 2015, 02:19   #159
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Parth46 View Post
Of course, you'll be cheering for Marc, and I love it, that's the way it should be. And I'll probably be rooting for another DNF, if you don't mind.

Even though I've been following Team BHP for many, many years now, only joined as an active member in 2013 and hence my silence on the previous years'
Haha! Root away my friend. I've a feeling the racing gods will listen to my pleas this time round

N I did see your join date. I didn't mean you; but many others that I'm sure I don't need to point out

Take care n keep rootin - tootin
Old 20th June 2015, 16:57   #160
BHPian

Re: The 2015 MotoGP Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayKis View Post

Rossi is a popular rider but dont think there is any respect for him in the paddock. Like a Roger Federer respect or a Rafael Nadal one!
Hello mate. Just something that I want you to watch. Buffer to 2:15 and listen to what Rossi has to say.

It so happened that I stumbled across this thread this morning and see this video while randomly going through Youtube. I'm not trying to make you like Rossi or change your perception about him. Its your view and I respect that. Just want you to think again about the strong hate you have for him.

Taking digs at your rivals is normal in every sport and keeps the competition healthy which is awesome for us viewers. They are humans at the end of the day so the emotions do come out sometimes. And, you need characters like Rossi for every sport to grow. That's how you get more competition and more fans like us who agree to disagree! Believe me, if there were no rivalries, no one would play any sport in the first place.

PS: I'm a huge Rossi fanboi (as you put it!) and in my eyes, he's a legend. It doesn't matter if he's winning or losing. He inspires me to follow my passion and keep it alive until my time.
And I agree with most of the people who've replied to your posts that you've got your facts wrong.
Porschefire is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 20th June 2015, 17:41   #161
BHPian

Re: The 2015 MotoGP Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Porschefire View Post
Just want you to think again about the strong hate you have for him.

Taking digs at your rivals is normal in every sport and keeps the competition healthy which is awesome for us viewers. They are humans at the end of the day so the emotions do come out sometimes. And, you need characters like Rossi for every sport to grow. That's how you get more competition and more fans like us who agree to disagree! Believe me, if there were no rivalries, no one would play any sport in the first place.

PS: I'm a huge Rossi fanboi (as you put it!) and in my eyes, he's a legend. It doesn't matter if he's winning or losing. He inspires me to follow my passion and keep it alive until my time.
And I agree with most of the people who've replied to your posts that you've got your facts wrong.
If you call facts as hate, then we have a problem. You can defend your idol as much as you wish but it shouldn't come at the cost of the facts that lies in the open.

I have never ever seen a Sachin Tendulkar or Roger Federer or Lionel Messi treat their opponents with disrespect in any way. I do agree in contact sports it often does but motogp is not a contact sport.

If you want to sell the circus, a good entertainer is worth to have. That is what Rossi is. A good entertainer and a good racer. A legend but a diminished one. A great but not definitely the greatest of all time since the facts are out in the open. The younger crop have a better record against him in their time together.

The game is always bigger than the individuals who play it. Always! No player is bigger than the game. Rossi retires, the circus will still go on!

Some people fall for the circus, some people watch it for pure racing.

If you think that the facts are wrong, you would need to produce facts to counter it. Not opinions.

Last edited by JayKis : 20th June 2015 at 17:49.
JayKis is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st June 2015, 10:08   #162
Team-BHP Support

Quote:

"Valentino has had just a an exceptional gift when it comes to being on the right bike at the right time.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheel View Post

EDIT: In response to Jay's reply just above^^

Not his fault Jay. I don't think you can pick anything here. That is bickering by Roberts Jr IMHO.
Quote:
Am not sure for what were you expecting the reply?
I expected a reply on Kenny Roberts moaning about the game not being on equal field.

Quote:

The opposite of bravery is cowardice!
Valentino Rossi still is not brave on the Yamaha on cold tyres both during qualifying and the race whereas Jorge Lorenzo is throughout. So is it not cowardice?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheel View Post
So, why Lorenzo's lap-time goes down in the final laps? Why can't he ride in the rain?

I would expect replies here.

And I am failing to understand as to what your grievance is, Valentino Rossi, his supporters, his way of racing...what? Could you be clear?

It is absolutely fine to support & root for a rider of your choice. I rooted for #11 Ben Spies, look where is he now. But his career in WSBK was a miracle in itself.

And I repeat again, I have never seen Rossi or any other rider disrespecting any fellow riders anywhere. Infact, he invites few of them on his ranch for OTR's & usual fun. How many other riders do that.

Secondly, save for Lorenzo & Stoner, no one else has complained of dangerous riding as yet. That for me is a turn-off. Fairing bashing is a part of racing. Remember Motegi 2010.

Not many might recall his lollipop sucking days in 250 [part of endorsement] He was sulking almost everytime he was on podium and fighting with Dani. That is the kind of respect you are talking about?

And all said & done, I do like watching 'em race & race against each other. And why are guys trying to force their opinion on each other. It is absolutely fine & healthy to support multiple riders, but don't [please] force your opinion.

Stand by your favorite & let others stand by theirs. Its absolutely okay & respect that. Results speak for themselves and you can't really compare Rossi's career to others. He has many more years than others. Both Lorenzo & Marquez are doing fine and I really like Marquez and his edge of the seat style riding.

May peace be with you and your rider, you both need it. No, no need to thank me and nor does my opinion count, just hope, it has a calming effect on you.

Peace.

Last edited by Sheel : 21st June 2015 at 10:13.
Sheel is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 22nd June 2015, 02:17   #163
BHPian

Yeah, motorcycle racing is not a contact sport.
Rugby is a contact sport. Boxing is a contact sport. All those games require a level of physical contact to succeed.

Contact in Motorcycle racing is a result of someone's screw up, not an integral part of the sport.

For everyone who call Lorenzo a boring time trialist should watch the 2013 Final race at Valencia where he showed that if he wants to do fairing bashing then there are very few who can match or beat him. He proved he can bash fairings all day and still win the race effortlessly.He proved he can deliberately slow down a race while maintaining lead.How many riders can do that on a grid which has the world's best? May be Rossi could too while faking his actual pace and finally comeout on top in the last remaining laps to show he's the greatest fighter there ever was? .
When AGO speaks you listen. A 16 time world champion.He has made a valid point.

But credit to Marc for winning the world title that day. Me as an official JL99 fan disliked Marc initially for Jerez and aragon incident. Reckless riding in the first season.But in 2014 is where he earned my respect especially after the Mugello race. That was one helluva fight between the two but Marc beat Jorge to the line.It is one of the few races that I've been pleased with even though Jorge lost that day.A great race. Not one single silly move by Marc in such a hard fought battle.Proper proper racing.The best man on that day won.But no hate. Serious competition, but no hate.

Before people start calling Rossi as the sole entertainer of the sport should watch the electrifying battles between Jorge vs Dani, Jorge vs Marc, Dovi vs Simoncelli,Dani vs Marc,Dovi vs hayden.

Yes I sure agree 'rubbin is racin'. But If you like only rubbin then you should stick to moto3 where all the rubbin happens without much result. As much as I love watching Moto3 it doesn't get me excited until the last lap. In most races only the last corner matters. No point watching the entire race.So before you complain about timetrialists, give moto3 a try then you'll understand why motogp is a better watch even with much lesser overtakes.

Coming to Rossi's success this season, his two victories have been due to luck and nothing else. You can't discredit his podiums but the wins are nothing but just luck. Jorge's helmet lining issues in Qatar(as proved by evidence) and the suspicious move in Argentina which made Marc crash.Before I end this remember what Marc said after Argentina. Revenge coming soon.
Old 22nd June 2015, 02:55   #164
BHPian

Quote:
The problem is that that Strategy worked fine until Casey Stoner and Jorge Lorenzo came along.
Let me get this right. Your hate for Rossi is because his strategy of riding a fast bike slow and then passing his opponents late in the race did not work against Stoner and Lorenzo?

Quote:
About Valentino Rossi fanboys, the less said about the better. They do not treat the competition with respect. Fans are fine but I dont think a fan would be some one who would be booing a competitor on the track.
Wow, you are really walking on a knife's edge here. You being a fan of Lorenzo/Stoner (assuming), do you respect Rossi? With all your comments here, I don't think you do!

Quote:
You can support your rider till death but that aint my point. If it is just supporting a certain rider, then why call them the greatest of all time, demean others by calling them time triallists or moaners?
Why do you assume that we are demeaning other riders when we call Rossi a legend? I mean, it doesn't even make sense.

I can speak for everyone here in the forum that we watch MotoGP because we love it. We love the edge of the seat thrills, the historic circuits, the machines and the men who ride it. No one's a bad rider here cz each one of them are riding at one of the best levels of motorsport and that is something of an achievement! As you rightly said, the sport is always bigger than the players and I completely agree with that. Within the sport you have your idols whom you worship. It need not be the same idol to every other person. No. I love Rossi and want him to win every race. 10yrs back, he'd have fulfilled my wish. Now, he can't and I know that. But that doesn't mean I stop hoping that he does and also doesn't stop him from trying.

The 'time triallists and moaners' came up here because you called Rossi a coward and being disrespectful for others. That's all. Request you to kindly stop judging other fans of the sport and whom they cheer for, cz it makes you look stupid and disrespectful.

Quote:
Rossi's record speaks for himself and his lack of record versus his current competition speaks of the others.
Always remember, he is a 9 time World champion and has been in the sport for about 20 yrs now out of which he's been in the list of top 5 riders for 16 yrs. The current competition you talk about were in their diapers when he was winning championships. Its like comparing Dravid/Sachin/Ganguly to Jadeja/Raina/Sharma!

Quote:
There are multiple religions in this world so if you harp through the roof that yours is the only one true religion, then other people are going to get offended. Just giving an example.
This is combining two completely irrelevant topics to one another! Doesn't make any sense at all.

Lastly, its not only us fans who are harping about the "one true religion",
Your favourite GP & TT riders-lorenze.jpg
the players of the sport themselves agree!

I rest my case.

Last edited by Porschefire : 22nd June 2015 at 03:00.
Porschefire is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd June 2015, 03:53   #165
BHPian

Quote:
The 'time triallists and moaners' came up here because you called Rossi a coward and being disrespectful for others. That's all. Request you to kindly stop judging other fans of the sport and whom they cheer for, cz it makes you look stupid and disrespectful
Wow! Another fanboy joins the debate.. Ill informed (as usual) of the recent ugly remarks made by his gang totally unaware of the continuous edits/deletion/moving of posts by the mods. Ready to point fingers always. Amazing!

Quote:
The current competition you talk about were in their diapers when he was winning championships.
Not in diapers,Lorenzo was already an Aprilla 50cc champion then.Kindly get your facts right before posting nonsense.

edit: previous post AGO 15. Typo.

Last edited by MonsterPatrol : 22nd June 2015 at 04:19.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks