Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 31st March 2017, 18:51   #136
BHPian

Re: List of discounts on BS-III Motorbikes & Scooters in your city

It's really unbelievable that the whole stock has been consumed before the deadline. Any idea what would happen to left overs if any?
Would they be scrapped or sold by illegal means such as back dating etc? Interesting times ahead for two wheeler buyers indeed!
Old 31st March 2017, 19:19   #137
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by fordday View Post
Navi is a recently launched product. Does it come with two variants BS3 and BS4?

Honda dealer near to my place has a lot of Navi's lying in his showroom but they put a poster saying "No BS3 stock".

Fordday.
Yes, it comes in both. Dealers carrying old stock from Dec-Jan would have BS3 models, if those Navi were received in Jan-Feb they are most likely BS IV.
Old 31st March 2017, 19:41   #138
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by poloslg View Post
Bought a new Access 125 for a discount of 9k. Tgey had quite many in stock in the morning.
Didn't try to enter Honda or Hero dealerships as tge queues were scary! Wanted a Activa 125 but quite happy on the deal I got on the access!
That's a pretty sweet deal. BS3 Access were pretty hard to find.
Congratulations!
Old 31st March 2017, 20:46   #139
BHPian

With huge discounts being offered on BS3 vehicles by the dealers/companies I was curious to know who will be bearing the losses in this case?
Will it be the dealer who has purchased the vehicle from the company or will company bear the losses.
Old 31st March 2017, 21:26   #140
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anubshar View Post
With huge discounts being offered on BS3 vehicles by the dealers/companies I was curious to know who will be bearing the losses in this case?
Will it be the dealer who has purchased the vehicle from the company or will company bear the losses.
I think it will be shared between Manufacturer and dealer.

I have another question related to maintenance of the vehicle. What if there is some issue with the engine block / exhaust of BS3 vehicles. Will the spares be available as it is today? or is there any law that stops companies to stop production of such spares?
Old 31st March 2017, 21:27   #141
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anubshar View Post
OEM's supported the dealers to ensure inventory is cleared. Honda was the one to take the lead with offers yesterday and other manufacturers followed.

Because of such offers, stock at most places got over by yesterday evening itself. The other places are trying to finish stocks off today. Vehicles still remaining would be registered by dealers in their employees and other known peoples names to be sold as used vehicles later. Vehicles lying at company stockyards would either be exported to other countries or might be registered in company employee names to be sold as used vehicles later. I don't see any vehicle being scrapped as such.

Also, got information that Honda sold around 2.2 lakh 2-Wheelers in the past 36 hours. News comes from a Honda employee. Mind boggling number if completely true!
amansanc is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 31st March 2017, 22:20   #142
BHPian

Step 1: Stop manufacturing BS3 two-wheelers, but give the impression you haven't.
Step 2: Say there are huge stocks of BS3 two-wheelers on sale for two days only. Clear all inventory and add record number of customers.
Step 3: ???
Step 4: Profit.

(only intended as humour. Insert *that's the evilest thing I can imagine* meme here.)
Ruchitya is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 31st March 2017, 23:23   #143
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by NaveenKBorra View Post
I have another question related to maintenance of the vehicle. What if there is some issue with the engine block / exhaust of BS3 vehicles. Will the spares be available as it is today? or is there any law that stops companies to stop production of such spares?
Spares shouldn't be an issue, we still get spares for BS-II vehicles.

PS: For *certain cases*, BS-IV engine and exhaust parts can be used on a BS-III vehicle (with or without change in emission level)
Old 1st April 2017, 01:03   #144
BHPian

Even after 1st April (technically today), what if the manufacturers sell the same models labeling them as BS4 compliant. Is there any way to check the difference visually ?
Old 1st April 2017, 02:15   #145
Senior - BHPian

For those who argue that some Green tax should be charged from more polluting vehicles, isn't this fire sale equal to or higher than that Green tax penalty on manufacturers.

We are a country of 1.3 Billion people, 6-8 lacs vehicles sales is nothing if one does the calculation.

As icing on the cake Petrol prices have also been reduced by Rs. 3.77 per litre from tonight.

Last edited by carwatcher : 1st April 2017 at 02:17.
Old 1st April 2017, 02:32   #146
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Great View Post
Even after 1st April (technically today), what if the manufacturers sell the same models labeling them as BS4 compliant. Is there any way to check the difference visually ?
With the move to BS4, RTO will start using Vahan 4 software on their side. Each BS4 model has a different manufacturer SKU number than the BS3 models. Each manufacturer has to send data to the RTO with the BS4 SKU numbers.

Now even when Manufacturer sends vehicles to a dealer, the RTO will get details of what engine/chassis numbers have been sent. RTO can pull up all the data for the vehicle you are registering just by typing in the engine/chassis number.

Vahan 4 will reject any passing of vehicles that are not in the list of validated BS4 SKU.
kumarshah is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 1st April 2017, 02:51   #147
BHPian

Called up KTM during the evening of 30th March. They offered 17K discounts on Duke 200, 390 (MY2016) over telephone even without any bargain from my side. Unfortunately, I couldn't clear my evening schedule despite trying a lot of efforts.

There was no 'state-of-the-art' machine left the next afternoon :(
Old 1st April 2017, 08:27   #148
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by carwatcher View Post
For those who argue that some Green tax should be charged from more polluting vehicles, isn't this fire sale equal to or higher than that Green tax penalty on manufacturers.
We already have HUGE taxing on automobiles, if one calculates it from the source of spares/raw material it would possibly be more than half the cost of the vehicle itself! why pay more when what we pay already is not being used for anything productive.

Amazed that people are offended by the last minute sale, it would cost more to convert BS3 engine to BS4, let's not forget that BS4 models are updated with more than just new cat-cot, destroying these BS3 ones too would create more pollution than just selling them off.
giri1.8 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st April 2017, 11:38   #149
BHPian

My Experience with the Firesale

Goal : To get a Two wheeler for my wife which was in the back burner for quite a few months due to my sheer laziness.

Ideal Situation : Whopping discounts for BS –III !!

Timeline : 29.03.17 – Evening : Got the information on Supreme Court verdict on the ban on sale of BS –III vehicles. Dumb mind dint sense that this is the most favourable situation brewing up for me.

30.03.17 4.00 PM – Got to know about the Whopping discounts from Hero and Honda. Shed my laziness momentarily and immediately dialled all the Hero and Honda showrooms across my city to catch atleast one fish for my wife. Standrd Reply : Sir we have Navi, and all sorts of 100 cc bikes. Cursing myself for my brain freeze even after knowing about Supreme Court verdict and that I should have atleast casually enquired with these showrooms on 29th itself. (Blame my laziness again)!!!

Twist in the Tale: Suddenly a friend appears and tell that he came to know that a Hero showroom 125 km far away (2 districts away), is having ample stock of Maestros. He tells that we will go tomorrow morning get a maestro for both of us.. A Wow moment indeed !!! Then Dialled the showroom guy and he tells sir, we have 50 vehicles. So you can come by 10 AM tomorrow and get any colour of your choice. He demands half the price as advance. How to trust a guy with 20000, whom you have never met and only have a casual 5 min phone conversation, if at all this person actually is currently working in that showroom!!! My cautious brain and my friend suggest let us take a wait and watch approach and not transfer any amount to this guy. The rest of the Day goes into explaining my wife about the features of Maestro and good night sleep.

31.03.17 – The D Day
So we set out to the showroom from our houses at 7.30 AM with my wife and kid (hoping that they can select their preferred vehicle) and after an arduous journey through what you call a road if any asphalt is left on it, we reach THE showroom at 10.00 AM. Throughout the journey we tried contacting that guy but his line was always busy. We knew something is amiss.

The Showroom and the Showdown:
I may never possibly see such a crowded 2 wheeler showroom ever in my life again. It was total chaos and the road in front of the showroom is completely blocked. Somehow managed to sneak into the showroom and with great difficulty found the guy whom we had contacted earlier. He is swarmed by more than 20 people making enquiries. He politely said sorry and that due to pressure from people they had to open the showroom by morning 6 am and now all the maestros had already been sold. You can imagine the look on my wife’s face. All the dreams were shattered in a moment!! I cannot imagine returning empty handed after all this journey and dreams which I had built up in my wife’s head... So we request him to at least check his warehouse and find some kind of a scooter for me and my friend. So we trail him to the warehouse and I must say he is a very nice guy and took strain in searching every nook and corner for 2 unsold scooters. After half an hour atlast we find 2 duets one black and the other grey!!! The smile is back on our faces rather a half-hearted one!! I can now give my wife atleast something to choose from (btw her preferred colours were blue & white). She chooses black and my friend is ok with his Grey. Deal!!
We make the payments and ask to him to put temporary registration and with mixed feelings we come back home telling him that we will take delivery of the vehicles today.

My reflections: I would probably never ever make a purchase in future in a firesale eventhough I saved Rs 20000 on the vehicle cost because I couldn’t buy a vehicle or the colour of MY choice and you are left at the mercy of the dealer.
Sarath_MoJa is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 1st April 2017, 12:10   #150
BHPian

Just managed to get the last Repsol in West Delhi last night. 1.3 for a bike that costs 1.79 on-road - this is almost 30% off. At this price, the CBR250R makes for a great deal, enough to replace my Himalayan (and going back to being a Jap user!)

PS: Deliveries are today as there was too much mess yesterday
Attached Thumbnails
List of discounts on BS-III Motorbikes & Scooters in your city-17554029_10158597720085226_1552863106975214876_n.jpg  

BunnyPunia is offline   (13) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks