Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 1st April 2017, 12:13   #151
RGK
Senior - BHPian

Re: List of discounts on BS-III Motorbikes & Scooters in your city

Most of the two wheeler BS-III stocks were sold out on the first day itself. I may be wrong here but actually, we should not buy when the supreme court has come out with a judgement to protect the environment. I discouraged my colleague who was interested in picking one.
RGK is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 1st April 2017, 12:21   #152
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BunnyPunia View Post
Just managed to get the last Repsol in West Delhi last night. 1.3 for a bike that costs 1.79 on-road - this is almost 30% off. At this price, the CBR250R makes for a great deal, enough to replace my Himalayan (and going back to being a Jap user!)

PS: Deliveries are today as there was too much mess yesterday
Awsome! I looked for the 650F everywhere but no such luck!!
Old 1st April 2017, 12:31   #153
BHPian

Now after this hurriedly successful exercise stunt directed by supreme Court and casted by the automotive companies in India, I think now the audience (public) who are also planning to add a bs4 complaint 2-wheeler to their garage should also make their purchases as early as possible as I suppose that the losses if any faced by the manufacturers as well as dealers will now be scheduled to cover up by increasing the prices of the bs4 vehicles to be sold in the near future. Now how these manufacturing companies manipulate their price tags to counterpoise the losses, demand and GST affairs is yet questionable.
rohiT Nonu is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st April 2017, 12:31   #154
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by swissknife View Post
I wonder why BS III vehicles would have to be burnt? Probably an appropriate catalytic converter, engine management / inlet, timing, compression etc. may be able to get them to be BS IV compliant. It is unfortunate that the vehicle manufacturers continued to manufacture BS III compliant vehicles knowing fully well that there was a deadline on 31st March 17. In fact, the vehicle manufacturers have a bad record of seeking extension of deadlines for compliance issues, especially on environmental and safety norms.
Do not get me wrong. I did not mean the manufacturers are not at fault or it is unfair against them. Everyone could have done better. The Central Governments, Court, and SIAM could have settled this much earlier. Why does the clarification come on the last 2 days. Till the very end, it was not clear whether the deadline was to stop manufacturing or for sale/registration.

My point was now that with all these BSIII vehicles already manufactured, it is impractical to 'dispose' them off or get it changed to BSIV by the motor companies. The intent should be to stop manufacturing any more BSIII vehicles, which I think is set on roll now by the order, and to sell off the BSIII ones as quickly as possible. The ethics argument on buying these are questionable . While several of us may be using Diesel or more powerful, polluting vehicles beyond our needs, how can we take a moral highstand on what is happening with selling BSIII vehicles if they are within the legal boundaries?
VinsWagen is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st April 2017, 12:47   #155
Senior - BHPian

Looks like there is still some hope for those looking for a 600cc+ as per Motoroidshttp://www.motoroids.com/news/new-bs...st-inr-1-lakh/. But given that there is absolutely no other information, i have my doubts. Could be the likes of Benelli, Harley and Kawasaki who could have some stocks?

Last edited by Nilesh5417 : 1st April 2017 at 12:49.
Old 1st April 2017, 12:52   #156
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nilesh5417 View Post
Looks like there is still some hope for those looking for a 600cc+ as per Motoroidshttp://www.motoroids.com/news/new-bs...st-inr-1-lakh/. But given that there is absolutely no other information, i have my doubts. Could be the likes of Benelli, Harley and Kawasaki who could have some stocks?
Dude, It's 1st April today. Does that ring a bell
Old 1st April 2017, 13:01   #157
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nilesh5417 View Post
Today is the 1st of April.
satya180 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st April 2017, 13:02   #158
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RGK View Post
I may be wrong here but actually, we should not buy when the supreme court has come out with a judgement to protect the environment.

I discouraged my colleague who was interested in picking one.

Pardon me, But by that logic one should be discouraged to travel/ride/drive/own any vehicle other than BSIV from 1st April (also discard any automobile we have owned till now).

The court verdict is to ensure that from 1st April 2017, one can get only BSIV vehicles. Lets not be judgmental about people who can/could lawfully buy vehicles (BSIII) before 1st April.

Last edited by payeng : 1st April 2017 at 13:04.
payeng is offline   (13) Thanks
Old 1st April 2017, 14:13   #159
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by payeng View Post
Pardon me, But by that logic one should be discouraged to travel/ride/drive/own any vehicle other than BSIV from 1st April (also discard any automobile we have owned till now).

The court verdict is to ensure that from 1st April 2017, one can get only BSIV vehicles. Lets not be judgmental about people who can/could lawfully buy vehicles (BSIII) before 1st April.
+1 to that. One of my office help never considered new bike/scooters and was considering a used bike instead of public transport as a regular commute option. He had an early diwali bonus as he managed to stretch his pockets and get a Honda Navi at 50% the cost. From the time I spent yesterday at Honda dealership myself with him, there were many like him who could make the most of this opportunity and bring an unexpected joy to their families.

Now don't get me wrong please, I'm completely pro environment but this was a very well legal purchase and within the honorable Supreme court's defined timelines so the way I see it, it was a win win for middle class consumers (mostly) and the manufacturers/dealers.

Had dealers/manufacturers been more proactive and/or supreme court verdict came much earlier in the month, these BSIII vehicles would have made it to the road regardless the way they did in last two days.

For me the definite solace is in the fact that we are done with BSIII for good now and from here on we (new consumers/manufacturers/dealers) are a tad bit more environmentally focused then we were yesterday, thanks to BSIV.
camitesh is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 1st April 2017, 15:03   #160
BHPian

I have a question. Did any of you or the people whom you know bought a BSIII vehicle in the afternoon and got it registered today, ie., Saturday?

Need this info as my purchase of a navi depends fully on this 😢
Old 1st April 2017, 15:10   #161
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by girishv View Post
I have a question. Did any of you or the people whom you know bought a BSIII vehicle in the afternoon and got it registered today, ie., Saturday?

The sales invoice date needs to be latest till 31st for sale of any BSIII vehicles.

Registration can happen after that. Just needs to be sure that vehicle was sold before 1st April
payeng is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 1st April 2017, 16:30   #162
RGK
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by payeng View Post

Exactly, but that it will be very difficult to implement in a large country like us (Lot can be discussed about this)

Lets not be judgmental about people who can/could lawfully buy vehicles (BSIII) before 1st April.
Never. If the court had ordered not to sell from 29th March (day of the judgement), then it would have been the responsibility of the manufacturers to recall and alter to BSIV. They easily avoided this by offering huge discounts and by sacrificing the intentions of the court.

NB: Generally it is our mentality to rush if discounts are offered and nothing wrong about it.
RGK is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st April 2017, 16:35   #163
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by girishv View Post

Yes, I picked up a Navi and got it registered on the 30th but there was apparently a problem with the registration since the tracing of the chassis number was not done properly. That was done yesterday and I was informed that as long as the invoice of sale was made before the 1st of April, 2017, registrations could still be done.
kannan666 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 1st April 2017, 17:15   #164
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BunnyPunia View Post
Just managed to get the last Repsol in West Delhi last night. 1.3 for a bike that costs 1.79 on-road - this is almost 30% off. At this price, the CBR250R makes for a great deal, enough to replace my Himalayan (and going back to being a Jap user!)

PS: Deliveries are today as there was too much mess yesterday
Wow, I tried with a couple of dealers in Mumbai for the Repsol Edition but no luck. I know it's just a paintjob but I've always been in love with this one since the days I had seen repsol edition Honda Unicorn.

I was nevertheless offered a CBR 250 STD/ABS in black color OTR 1.45/1.85 Lacs and no further scope of any bargain. I gave it a miss since since Dominar was equally well suited in this price. How I wish it had been Repsol edition.

Enjoy the purchase bunny.
Old 1st April 2017, 18:10   #165
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kannan666 View Post
Yes, I picked up a Navi and got it registered on the 30th but there was apparently a problem with the registration since the tracing of the chassis number was not done properly. That was done yesterday and I was informed that as long as the invoice of sale was made before the 1st of April, 2017, registrations could still be done.
Thanks. Wait for my red navi starts now....

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks