Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 31st March 2017, 14:24   #121
Senior - BHPian

Re: List of discounts on BS-III Motorbikes & Scooters in your city

If Invoicing before 31st March is the only criteria, then, there is a criminal idea for dealership instead of going through all these Drama of large discounts

Dealership can invoice the vehicles in some Rama, Krishna's names and those Rama and Krishna can sell these vehicles post 31st March to real people at 2-3 K lesser prices instead of 18 K discount(Since this will be second ownership)

This is just a thought !!

EDIT: I saw others have posted similar idea earlier to my post. But, this is definitely workable solution since there is no clause in the order that used BS3 vehicles cannot be sold post 31st March

Last edited by gkveda : 31st March 2017 at 14:26.
Old 31st March 2017, 14:24   #122
Senior - BHPian

Were there any deals to be had on Royal Enfields ? Didnt see any forwards to that effect. Does it mean RE has exhausted all their stock beforehand and was selling only BS4 ?

EDIT : Confirmed news that KTM Nalstop (Pune) still has BS3 stock for both Dukes and RCs. One can call them up to check !

Last edited by sajo : 31st March 2017 at 14:44.
sajo is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 31st March 2017, 14:45   #123
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Boss View Post
"sell later" as used vehicle? I hope the vehicle once invoiced cannot be rolled back or re-invoiced to other.
No Invoice can be canceled, my relative's Fabia invoice was canceled in 2014 by Vinayak Skoda and later re-invoiced to include extended warranty charges. If a vehicle is registered it cannot be rolled back.
deehunk is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st March 2017, 14:51   #124
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sajo View Post
Were there any deals to be had on Royal Enfields?
Some RE dealers have/had some stock for few models, had received a SMS from a nearby dealer.
sukiwa is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st March 2017, 14:53   #125
BHPian

Quote:
"sell later" as used vehicle? I hope the vehicle once invoiced cannot be rolled back or re-invoiced to other.
Once invoiced the dealer has to register it and sell it as he being the first owner. Ultimately the bike becomes a second hand. Also if he tries to roll back the invoice, the vehicle goes into his inventory as a 'Cancelled Booking' and then it cannot be re-registered.
Old 31st March 2017, 15:11   #126
BHPian

Information from a friend who spent good deal of time since today morning at Honda, mumbai suburbs

No BS III scooters available whatsoever
Honda Navi's were selling for 30K/35K OTR (with/without accessories)
CBR 250 ABS - 185K OTR (no color selection though/no repsol edition)
CBR 250 STD - 150K

and shutter down on most showrooms now.
Payment accepted only in cash or card swipe.

People are now lining up for Navi but those are sold out too.
camitesh is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 31st March 2017, 15:49   #127
BHPian

Navi is a recently launched product. Does it come with two variants BS3 and BS4?

Honda dealer near to my place has a lot of Navi's lying in his showroom but they put a poster saying "No BS3 stock".

Fordday.
Old 31st March 2017, 15:57   #128
BHPian

The same whatsapp messages about (heavy) discounts on these vehicles (especially 2 wheelers) has been ringing on my phone like crazy. While coming to work this morning, the RJ was discussing about the discounts on the vehicles and his attempt to lay his hands on one. Apparently all the showrooms he went to, he was told that the BS III vehicles were sold out. Many had these boards put at the entrance to turn away customers looking for "heavily discounted-yet new" vehicles. Infact I also was told that some showrooms had to close down owing to the crowd that was coming in

The same was echoed in the whatsapp groups as well with one gentleman claiming to have managed to get a P150 at around 10-12k discount but after taking a day off from work.
Old 31st March 2017, 16:02   #129
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by fordday View Post
Honda dealer near to my place has a lot of Navi's lying in his showroom but they put a poster saying "No BS3 stock".
'Might be' those were all sold / invoiced and awaiting delivery (after registration)

Quote:
Originally Posted by deehunk View Post
No Invoice can be canceled, my relative's Fabia invoice was canceled in 2014 by Vinayak Skoda and later re-invoiced to include extended warranty charges. If a vehicle is registered it cannot be rolled back.
Sorry for not making it clear.
Invoice can be cancelled, but in this particular case there is no scope for cancelling it as these (BS-III) vehicles can only be registered if invoice is made within today (31st Mar) So if the dealer makes invoice in the names of trusted ones, registration will only be made on those names and later they can sell it as 'used / second hand'

Quote:
Originally Posted by MDED View Post
With such long waiting for vehicles of RE, no deal is offered by them.
When the waiting period is so long, obviously there won't be any deals. Moreover, RE switched to BS4 a month ago is my understanding. They don't have BS3 stock anymore.

Last edited by Zappo : 31st March 2017 at 18:21. Reason: Back to back posts merged
Old 31st March 2017, 16:12   #130
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sajo View Post
Were there any deals to be had on Royal Enfields ? Didnt see any forwards to that effect. Does it mean RE has exhausted all their stock beforehand and was selling only BS4 ?

EDIT : Confirmed news that KTM Nalstop (Pune) still has BS3 stock for both Dukes and RCs. One can call them up to check !
With such long waiting for vehicles of RE, no deal is offered by them.

Quote:
When the waiting period is so long, obviously there won't be any deals. Moreover, RE switched to BS4 a month ago is my understanding. They don't have BS3 stock anymore.
You have hit the nail on its head. I work in Sriperumbudur and the RE factory is in Oragadam and I had visited the plant and was informed that BS III production was stopped long back and this has led to serpentine waiting for all the RE models and eventually from last week onwards RE has started delivering BS IV compliant bikes.

Last edited by Zappo : 31st March 2017 at 18:22. Reason: Back to back posts merged
Old 31st March 2017, 16:42   #131
Distinguished - BHPian

I checked with Mansarovar Honda in Velachery for a CBR 250 ABS version and they had a Repsol edition for delivery at a 30K discount. Not sure it's sold out.

All the Honda showrooms had their phone lines engaged for around 2 hours of time from 9.30 AM onwards and it was so difficult to even get through.
Old 31st March 2017, 16:54   #132

Bought a new Access 125 for a discount of 9k. Tgey had quite many in stock in the morning.
Didn't try to enter Honda or Hero dealerships as tge queues were scary! Wanted a Activa 125 but quite happy on the deal I got on the access!
Old 31st March 2017, 17:55   #133
BHPian

Just out of curiosity, what happens on the Fuel front? Down the line, when BS3 Fuel is discontinued, wouldn't it pose a problem to these BS3 vehicles?
Old 31st March 2017, 17:56   #134
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by H_Dogg72 View Post
Huh?
If you buy them you're polluting more. If you don't buy them the manufacturer will be forced to convert to bs4 or scrap or export.
Think before you comment.
Sorry, I did not think much before the last comment. This time I did and I feel none of the options you said would actually happen in reality. The manufacturer would not take them back from the dealers and convert to BS4 as it won't be cost-effective. If you know of any examples of such things happening here, please do share - I would really like to know and change my opinion. Scrapping also do not happen for new vehicles in India. These vehicles if unsold, would still get into the public by illegal ways - if you think deeply into it, there are chances that these can easily reach the hands of anti-social elements, even terrorists - and still contribute to pollution. It is much better for the general public to buy them in the legal way when the window is open. And regarding export, is it ok if some other place is polluted and not India? Is your concern on environment limited by national boundaries?
VinsWagen is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 31st March 2017, 18:44   #135
Senior - BHPian

The best option will be to bring in LPG kits for 2 wheelers and convert all unsold two-wheelers and other BS III vehicles to LPG. These kits are now overdue for the Indian market.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks