Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 1st June 2021, 17:55   #136
Senior - BHPian

Re: TVS Ntorq 125 - Ownership Review

I'm using the synthetic oil which they put for their bikes. It's suitable for NTORQ as well. Long interval for change, though price is double. Performance-wise I'm finding the scooter a bit sluggish, of late. Service spanner warning indication has come on, but Bangalore is under lock down
Quote:
Originally Posted by nkrishnap View Post
Even though TVS says 6K kms for the oil change, do not take it that long. Change the oil at every 3K kms considering it is around 350 bucks. With the oil pump being the suspect, the old oil can cause more damage. PS: The oil has been changed at 2500 kms religiously.
Old 1st June 2021, 21:04   #137
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sebring View Post
I'm using the synthetic oil which they put for their bikes. It's suitable for NTORQ as well. Long interval for change, though price is double. Performance-wise I'm finding the scooter a bit sluggish, of late. Service spanner warning indication has come on, but Bangalore is under lock down
Do not use the Tru4 Synthetic oil meant for the Bikes on the Scooter. The pin bearings will invariably fail. Dont ask me why, this is what I have seen on multiple vehicles in the garage where my mechanic does the work. Switch back to the oil mentioned in this post (TVS Ntorq 125 - Ownership Review) or any good scooter oil which is semi synthetic from Motul, Castrol, etc.

The spanner symbol is for the service reminder. To get rid of that symbol follow the below procedure.

1. Switch on the ignition without cranking the engine.
2. Hold both mode and set/reset button pressed together for 20 seconds.
3. Switch off the ignition and turn it back on and the symbol will disappear.
nkrishnap is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 1st June 2021, 21:50   #138
Senior - BHPian

Thank you for the advice. I'll have this drained and will use the Motul Semi Synth/(or Shell Semi Synth). 10W30 right? Maybe that's why the bike has lost its zippy nature
Quote:
Originally Posted by nkrishnap View Post
Do not use the Tru4 Synthetic oil meant for the Bikes on the Scooter. The pin bearings will invariably fail. Dont ask me why, this is what I have seen on multiple vehicles in the garage where my mechanic does the work. Switch back to the oil mentioned in this post (TVS Ntorq 125 - Ownership Review) or any good scooter oil which is semi synthetic from Motul, Castrol, etc.
Sebring is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th June 2021, 12:05   #139

My NTorq used to just stall in the middle of the road for no reason. Neither the Service Centre nor TVS Engineers were able to rectify the issue.

Imagine your vehicle stalling in the middle of the road with traffic flowing at a fast pace in both directions. Happened about 5 times. Hence Killer NTorq.

As for the Faccino, the 5th time my vehicle stalled, I decided that this was it. I had already made up my mind to change my vehicle and did some research and my top choices were the Access (we already have an old Access, 1st gen), Faccino and Vespa.

I went directly to the Suzuki showroom first. Unfortunately no stock and I was not ready to wait.

Vespa was too expensive, almost 1.7 lakhs OTR for the SXL 150. Did not want a Honda Activa (lets call it prejudice).

That left only Yamaha which was anyhow my 2nd choice. They were having ready stock. So I exchanged it on the spot (got a fair exchange value) and drove home with a new vehicle within 2 hours.
vmathews is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th November 2021, 13:15   #140
OmV
BHPian

Hello Folks,

I have a year old Ntorq Race edition which is only used in the city for local runs. The running is hardly a couple 100 kms a month. I have been facing a recurring issue with rattling noise from the kick. The SVC told me this is normal for all Ntorqs. They did "fix" it but it started again on my way home from the SVC. I was told some part of the kick comes loose with vibration or bad roads and starts rattling. Sounded like pure BS so wanted to run this by the forum. It is not a constant issue - comes and goes, but it is very irritating to hear loud rattles on a year old scooter.

I also have a 1-2 inch crack on the front panel just under the front license plate (cricket induced). I am not bothering to replace the part due to very low miles. I might take a call before the monsoon since the scooter will be parked in the open this year.

TIA.
Old 30th November 2021, 13:33   #141
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by OmV View Post
I have been facing a recurring issue with rattling noise from the kick. The SVC told me this is normal for all Ntorqs. They did "fix" it but it started again on my way home from the SVC. I was told some part of the kick comes loose with vibration or bad roads and starts rattling.
The kick starter on scooters has the actual kick (place where we put our foot) which folds in on the rod of the starter. Maybe that folding mechanism has become loose and rattles with the rod itself. You could try to put some rubber tube packing on the part or alternatively see if you can cut and place a gear lever sock which we have for bike gear levers. It may solve your issue, do give it try and let us know.

Cheers
Cyborg is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th November 2021, 14:55   #142
OmV
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyborg View Post
The kick starter on scooters has the actual kick (place where we put our foot) which folds in on the rod of the starter. Maybe that folding mechanism has become loose and rattles with the rod itself. You could try to put some rubber tube packing on the part or alternatively see if you can cut and place a gear lever sock which we have for bike gear levers. It may solve your issue, do give it try and let us know.

Cheers
Hey Cyborg,
I was told the rattling is from the rachet of the kick. The actual portion which folds is fine and not rattling. I was told this is a "common issue" in Ntorq and if that isn't the case I might try another SVC.
Old 30th November 2021, 19:05   #143
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by OmV View Post
Hey Cyborg,
I was told the rattling is from the rachet of the kick. The actual portion which folds is fine and not rattling. I was told this is a "common issue" in Ntorq and if that isn't the case I might try another SVC.
Absolute crap the service center is giving you. My Ntorq is 3 years and 8 months with almost 20k on the odo. No such vibrations. These people are lazy to check and fix it.
nkrishnap is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th February 2022, 13:39   #144
BHPian

I have a peculiar problem with my Ntorq . At speeds between 40 - 55 , there is a kar kar type of strong vibration felt from the transmission. This was raised with service enter and they give me couple of Ntroq's to ride and those also had the same problem .It is very evident in the rear foot pegs . The vibration is as if the drive belt or gears is strongly brushing with something . I have changed the clutch and the belt and nothing changed .Hub greasing reduces it for some 50 Kms and then comes back. This disappears above 60Kph and is not very evident below 40 kph. Anyone felt such issues in Ntroq ?
Old 1st April 2022, 20:43   #145

My Ntorq Race Edition BS 6 which is 1 year 5 months old and the odometer reading is around 4900kms is having few problems.
1) When riding between 40 - 60 kmph the floorboard has some vibration. It feels like some parts are rubbing against each other. This sound is not present below 40 kmph.
2)Since the past 2 days I’m facing a weird issue which I have never faced in the past. The front brake lever is losing its pressure to half its normal pressure every morning. It feels like the brake fluid has leaked. The brakes will have very little bite. But as my scooter stays parked under direct sunlight in the college, the brake lever comes back to its normal pressure in the evening. But at home since it’s parked in a covered parking the brake pressure reduces at night if I park the scooter at evening. I was really scared when this happened for the first time in the morning. But I was shocked when it was absolutely normal in the evening.

Can someone please tell me what could be the reason for the problems especially the 2nd problem as I’m really worried about it.

Thank you
Old 26th April 2022, 15:35   #146
SGK
BHPian

Hi All,

My close friend is finalizing to buy either Ntorq or Burgman, he is currently using Activa 4G and would trade in his vehicle for one of the finalized models. If any of you have real time experience please do suggest which is best vehicle in terms of safety and comfort for self and family driving.

Regards
SGK
Old 26th April 2022, 16:48   #147
Senior - BHPian

Both are very different vehicles. NTORQ is for the enthusiast, the speedy gonsalves. Burgman, for the 'easy going' commuter. Gives good mileage. It has an extended footpeg design, cruiser style, as well. So whats his priority?
Quote:
Originally Posted by SGK View Post
My close friend is finalizing to buy either Ntorq or Burgman, he is currently using Activa 4G and would trade in his vehicle for one of the finalized models. If any of you have real time experience please do suggest which is best vehicle in terms of safety and comfort for self and family driving
Old 26th April 2022, 17:47   #148
SGK
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sebring View Post
Both are very different vehicles. NTORQ is for the enthusiast, the speedy gonsalves. Burgman, for the 'easy going' commuter. Gives good mileage. It has an extended footpeg design, cruiser style, as well. So whats his priority?
Thank you Sebring, Given he is family man with 5 years old kid. His preference would be safety, Comfort and mileage.
SGK is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st August 2022, 13:23   #149
Distinguished - BHPian

Ntorq has cross 23K on the odo and is being used by my office employees. Mileage is nothing to write home about. Planning to let go of this and get a TVS 100 XL for the office duties and replace the Ntorq with Jupiter 125. The space on the 125 is required for my kind of usage.
nkrishnap is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th November 2022, 16:03   #150
BHPian

I recently upgraded from jupiter classic to ntorq race edition. Ride is bone jarring, especially difficult for my wife who suffers from back and neck pain. Is it possible to swap rear suspension of ntorq with softer one from jupiter? Anyone did something to make suspension softer? ASC isn't helping, most probably clueless.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks