Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 13th December 2019, 19:33   #91
BHPian

Re: TVS Ntorq 125 - Ownership Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avinash_R View Post
Unfortunately there is no one unless u know a road side mechanic for some years. That's who I am giving my 1 year old scooter to. Thinking of retro fitting the led lamp to mine for which I'll probably have to get it done from Bharat motors only.
The headlamp is way too complicated. A couple of friends of mine have tried to retrofit it and it just didn't work out. It needs complete rewiring. Doesn't work with just an install and AC to DC conversion
porsche_guy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th December 2019, 09:18   #92
Senior - BHPian

This is correct (as communicated by dealership). Please do not try to retrofit the LED unit. It might lead to unnecessary complications. Best is to exchange for the new new Race Edition. Regarding cold start; Bangalore has too much chill in the mornings and the scooter (Race Edition) starts at one go, leading me to believe the cold start issue is history.
Quote:
Originally Posted by porsche_guy View Post
The headlamp is way too complicated. A couple of friends of mine have tried to retrofit it and it just didn't work out. It needs complete rewiring. Doesn't work with just an install and AC to DC conversion
Old 14th December 2019, 10:08   #93
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sebring View Post
This is correct (as communicated by dealership). Please do not try to retrofit the LED unit. It might lead to unnecessary complications. Best is to exchange for the new new Race Edition. Regarding cold start; Bangalore has too much chill in the mornings and the scooter (Race Edition) starts at one go, leading me to believe the cold start issue is history.
The new wiring kit, stator coil and headlamp are a must to swap the headlights. I will do this hopefully during the last week of December when the work load is less.
nkrishnap is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 14th December 2019, 19:39   #94
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nkrishnap View Post
The new wiring kit, stator coil and headlamp are a must to swap the headlights. I will do this hopefully during the last week of December when the work load is less.
I did swap the headlight in mine but with a mere plug and play. Of course the high beam didn’t work so removed it currently and waiting for the above parts you mentioned to arrive. The headlamp looks damn good and can’t wait for the installation to take place.
Attached Thumbnails
TVS Ntorq 125 - Ownership Review-ba39bdb00cd641068fb7f36bbe6464ba.jpeg  

Raahil_23 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th December 2019, 15:01   #95
BHPian

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raahil_23 View Post
I did swap the headlight in mine but with a mere plug and play. Of course the high beam didn’t work so removed it currently and waiting for the above parts you mentioned to arrive. The headlamp looks damn good and can’t wait for the installation to take place.
I swapped the stock headlamp bulb of my standard Ntorq for an Osram halogen of the same specs and the improvement is astonishing. Honestly, it doesn't make a whole lot of sense financially or practically to go to the length of buying the parts and conducting the swap which could potentially void the warranty.

The Osram bulb costed me ₹325 from Amazon and it's very well worth it. I'll post the pic of the low beam and high beam at night.
porsche_guy is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 15th December 2019, 15:04   #96
Senior - BHPian

Would you have an idea about cost involved as my buddy is (unnecessarily) exchanging his 2 year old NTORQ for the Race Edition, after seeing the LED light intensity.
Quote:
Old 15th December 2019, 18:33   #97
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Would you have an idea about cost involved as my buddy is (unnecessarily) exchanging his 2 year old NTORQ for the Race Edition, after seeing the LED light intensity.
The cost of the stator coil, wiring, headlamp unit and regulator should not cost more than 10k. If he is losing more than this then it does not make sense to swap.

I will let you know the exact cost.

PS: why not a small Ntorq meet?
Old 15th December 2019, 19:16   #98
BHPian

Quote:
I'll post the pic of the low beam and high beam at night.
Here's the low beam. Couldn't click the high beam since I was blocking the road and there was a car coming

TVS Ntorq 125 - Ownership Review-img_20191215_191610.jpg
Apologies for the picture quality. Was taken on my budget smartphone
porsche_guy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th December 2019, 08:38   #99
Senior - BHPian

Sure, let's have a small meet. Sent a PM. BTW, He got an offer of 65K, which is quite good, for his old NTORQ.
Quote:
The cost of the stator coil, wiring, headlamp unit and regulator should not cost more than 10k. If he is losing more than this then it does not make sense to swap.
Old 26th January 2020, 04:01   #100
BHPian

Thanks for such a detailed review nkrishnap. I was looking for a scooter for my dad in the 125cc range and this seems like a good choice ! One quick question though - how does it compare against the Jupiter with respect to mileage, footboard area and under seat storage capacity?
Old 26th January 2020, 09:31   #101
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by turboNath View Post
Thanks for such a detailed review nkrishnap. I was looking for a scooter for my dad in the 125cc range and this seems like a good choice ! One quick question though - how does it compare against the Jupiter with respect to mileage, footboard area and under seat storage capacity?
The Jupiter has the ntorq beaten in all the above parameters and if it's for your dad, please go with Jupiter. If it's for you, Ntorq it is.

Last edited by Avinash_R : 26th January 2020 at 09:31. Reason: Typos
Avinash_R is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th January 2020, 09:58   #102
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avinash_R View Post
The Jupiter has the ntorq beaten in all the above parameters and if it's for your dad, please go with Jupiter. If it's for you, Ntorq it is.
Thanks a lot for clarifying ! Will arrange for a TD from our local TVS dealership real soon
Old 20th February 2020, 11:16   #103
BHPian

Hey guys, any advice here on how often I should service my nTorq? It just runs 150kms a month, mostly with two daily runs of 2.5 kms each.

I had an AMC plan last year which does a service every 3 months. The total cost of AMC + actuals during service equals to about ₹ 3,200 per year including clutch overhaul, alignment, etc. Should I continue it for this mileage?
Old 20th February 2020, 15:20   #104
BHPian

Quote:
The Osram bulb costed me ₹325 from Amazon and it's very well worth it. I'll post the pic of the low beam and high beam at night.

Hi can you please post the amazon link here. Was it a plug and play or did it require any wiring changes etc.

Last edited by OHCVtec : 20th February 2020 at 15:20. Reason: spelling mistake
OHCVtec is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th February 2020, 15:51   #105
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by OHCVtec View Post
Hi can you please post the amazon link here. Was it a plug and play or did it require any wiring changes etc.
Sure! Here you go-

Osram MC HS1 XR 64185 Bulb (12V, 35W) https://www.amazon.in/dp/B012ANP7YS/..._E2LtEbWQYGCVN

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks