Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 15th February 2023, 10:03   #166
BHPian

Re: TVS Ntorq 125 - Ownership Review

I have also had a bad experience with TVS especially electrical related. I had a first generation TVS apache and it used to shut down all of a sudden. Got it checked in multiple garages and changed the entire wiring kit but no luck. Spent close to 10K for diagnosis and finally sold it.
Also whenever I hear a engine misfire from two wheelers my first guess is that its a TVS and I am right almost 50% of the time.
Old 15th February 2023, 13:53   #167
BHPian

We had 2 TVS products so far. Scooty 2 Stroke (KS) from 1999 to 2012. TVS pep+ from 2012 to 2022( 38000km). Never had starting problems. Only requirement is once in 3 years carb cleaning and tuning is required. Clutch was changed only recently.. This one we sold to neighbour's daughter for training purpose before booking new scooter. But after one year she is still using our old scooter ( takes to her office at 13 kms one way occasionally without any problems.) When we went for new scooter, wife suggested change of brands so went for Activa6g as per popularity. Though the scooter is ok, we had to change speedo cable and rear wheel bearing within first 6 months ( not covered in warranty).
Quality of all vehicles might gone down slowly though price is increasing.

Last edited by kvsneela : 15th February 2023 at 13:55.
kvsneela is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 15th February 2023, 16:58   #168
BHPian

Some of the problems appear to be common across TVS scoters. I have a Wego which is crossing 8yrs in May (Wego is almost a Jupiter except for the body shape). I absolutely love the way it rides, but maintenance is a tough job. Faced these problems over the years

1. Stalling with in a month of use. Luckily they found an issue with carb and fixed
2. Engine oil leakage with in 3 months. Fixed under warranty and same issue reappeared in a week. Again permanently fixed under warranty.
(Thanks to Ramkay TVS, Chennai. Their customer service was top notch, unfortunately they closed down the service centers near my area)
3. starter motor dead in < 3 years. replaced
4. LCD speedo display damaged. Most of the display has become invisible
5. Kicker sometimes wont work, but self start does. Still living with this.
6. FE is poor. Not much difference whether I run it on power mode or economy.
d.w.w. is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 16th February 2023, 00:57   #169
BHPian

I have had a harrowing experience with tvs as well! I bought a tvs ntorq last month and the sales experience was way below average. The breaks were squeaking on a new vehicle. The accelerator cable broke within a month and they did not even bother to service it for free. The first service was done but I wonder if They’ve done anything right? I’m almost regretting the decision to buy a ntorq race edition at the moment. But since it’s primarily used for grocery runs I hope it’ll hold up atleast for that.
Old 16th February 2023, 08:48   #170
BHPian

I picked up an used TVS N Torq with 4300kms on the ODO. The only issue I am facing is a nervous front end. When on white top roads which are not done well, the front wheel tracks the lines and I have to change direction to get the control back.

Any solutions for this problem?

I am yet to get the scooter serviced. I did change the engine oil soon after purchase.
Old 16th February 2023, 09:15   #171
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mafia View Post
When on white top roads which are not done well, the front wheel tracks the lines and I have to change direction to get the control back.
If you are able to gain control after changing direction, problem lies with road rather than with your Ntorq tyres.
You are experiencing tramlining, reference thread (How to handle my motorcycle tramlining on the road's continuous vertical lines).
sukiwa is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 2nd March 2023, 16:08   #172
BHPian

3100 KMS - Review update: Ntorq Avengers edition.

This is the first time I have ridden scooter type for 3k kms.
- Ride quality is good and smooth.
- Speed limit : Pushed upto 88kms in the empty road(beach road, Chennai) during my office commute. Tried pushing further. but no luck
- Suspension: Rear suspension is pretty good comparatively. Front suspension is slightly creating ache in my shoulder joint whether its on a bump or pothole. I am careful when it comes to the street in Chennai. Lots and lots of potholes which are not maintained properly. Street/smaller road conditions are going worse day by day. I go 10 to 15 kmph max where ever I see the bad street conditions. But still the impact on my shoulders because of front suspension is high. So I totally stop and go.
- Brakes: I am slowly getting used to this. I apply rear brakes 70% and then I apply front one when I try to stop. This gives a good bite. Earlier I tried applying both at the same time which made me lose balance slightly.
- Economy: gives around 40kmph. though I did not calculate accurately.
- After my 2nd service the bike engine feels bit relaxed.
- I did not opt for the free grill protection offered by the showroom. But I regret it now. Since my office parking is congested, getting scratches on the stickers which is annoying.
- The head light throw is amazing. Even my gear bikes I have had did not have this powerful throw.
- The left side mirror bolt kept loosening. I tried tightening it with the tools they provided with the bike. But that particular size spanner is there with the kit. So tried with SVC. No use. Within a single day it became the side mirror got loosened again. So I tried with my private mechanic. He did a good job.
- The seat comfort is good. But whenever I apply a stop and go break, I had to adjust and move back and sit. I keep sliding. Pillion comfort is good.
- The turning radius during U turn or while moving through in slow bumper to bumper traffic is very good. Very convenient to handle.
- The indicator switches and the pass light is smooth. Good enough quality. I havent used the Hazard warning light. such a wonder this bike has it.
- The light under the seat is useful in my gym parking which is usually dark.
- the pillion foot rests are made of nice quality which I use it very rarely
- I tried to keep the TVS helmet which was provided by the showroom beneath the seat. But it feels it couldnt be placed comfortably. So I am not placing it and stopped using that TVS helmet.
- Initially the fuel indication on display made me kinda nervous when the last 2 points changed to fuel empty. But I went ahead and rode upto 25kms and I filled it up.
- the Display console is pretty useful overall regarding the engine heat, fuel level and many other. I tried connecting app during few rides. But then I stopped using it after a while. But good work though - TVS APP.

Conclusion - Except the front suspension the bike is really good. I enjoy the acceleration very much.

Last edited by shiv4747 : 2nd March 2023 at 16:33. Reason: missed few points
shiv4747 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 13th March 2023, 22:48   #173
BHPian

This feels like the review was written by me. My ntorq is at 3100 or something kms. I have the same experience as you but not scratches and I do use the Connect app very actively.

Though there is one thing, my calculations done roughly in my mind have never given more than 35kmpl. It's normally 20 to 30 and I once or twice reached above 35. That's it. The fun ride comes at a cost for me. Any advice?
Error402 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th March 2023, 01:58   #174

I tried testing the mileage using the full tank method and got only around 24 kmpl. I will say it is used a little roughly but that's the mileage i got nonetheless. But as you said the fun of riding this thing is far greater to me than the mileage.
fantom is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 16th March 2023, 15:07   #175
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Error402 View Post
It's normally 20 to 30 and I once or twice reached above 35. That's it. The fun ride comes at a cost for me.
Quote:
Originally Posted by fantom View Post
I tried testing the mileage using the full tank method and got only around 24 kmpl. I will say it is used a little roughly but that's the mileage i got nonetheless. But as you said the fun of riding this thing is far greater to me than the mileage.
I too used an nTorq in 2018, the first lot ones. I also never got mileage above 30 kmpl. To make matters worse, the torquey engine and the bassy exhaust note entice you to go hard on the gas.

At one point, I thought my Baleno was giving me better mileage.
five46 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 16th March 2023, 20:39   #176
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by five46 View Post
I too used an nTorq in 2018, the first lot ones. I also never got mileage above 30 kmpl. To make matters worse, the torquey engine and the bassy exhaust note entice you to go hard on the gas.

My R3 was giving more mileage a few times. Auto choke actually chokes the mileage
Old 17th March 2023, 06:57   #177
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by five46 View Post

Oopsies. Mine is the oldest gen Ntorq bought in 2019. That explains some. It's more powerful than the newer ones, just realised that. But it likes to be handled roughly, my friend rides aggressive and it seemed to consume a little less fuel somehow. Guess I'll have to try that as well. But the exhaust sounds the best at about 40 to me.
Old 17th March 2023, 08:00   #178
BHPian

I surprisingly get 45 to 50 kmpl regularly. in Bangalore traffic. March 2021 model Ntorq

I ride a little conservatively while accelerating.
Old 17th March 2023, 09:46   #179
BHPian

Quote:
Oopsies. Mine is the oldest gen Ntorq bought in 2019. That explains some. It's more powerful than the newer ones, just realised that. But it likes to be handled roughly, my friend rides aggressive and it seemed to consume a little less fuel somehow. Guess I'll have to try that as well. But the exhaust sounds the best at about 40 to me.
The current BS6 engine is so much composed. No raw power like old gen.

About the exhaust, when I turn on the engine, others ask it sound like big gear bike. I love the exhaust note much.

SSB
shiv4747 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th March 2023, 10:00   #180
BHPian

Quote:
The current BS6 engine is so much composed. No raw power like old gen.

About the exhaust, when I turn on the engine, others ask it sound like big gear bike. I love the exhaust note much.

SSB

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks