Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 18th December 2019, 19:54   #376
BHPian

re: KTM 390 Adventure India launch confirmed. Edit: Launched at 2.99 lakh.

What happens when a sensor fails in the Quickshifter+ or the ride-by-wire system?
Old 18th December 2019, 20:39   #377
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by citron View Post
What happens when a sensor fails in the Quickshifter+ or the ride-by-wire system?
Quickshifter systems are a kind of a over ride on the standard shifting mechanism. It does not replace it. So even if you have a quick shifter, you can choose to change manually.

Ride by wire system is a different ball game though. I am sure Ride by wire technology has reached a point where it should be more reliable than a wired setup. Although if a sensor goes wrong, I don't think there might be any road side quick override for it.

Rachit
Rachit.K.Dogra is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th December 2019, 21:06   #378
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rachit.K.Dogra View Post
Ride by wire system is a different ball game though. I am sure Ride by wire technology has reached a point where it should be more reliable than a wired setup. Although if a sensor goes wrong, I don't think there might be any road side quick override for it.

Rachit
It's a variable resistor similar to the one used in your fuel sensor or TPS on older motorcycles.

Even if it fails the idle assist will ensure that we'd be able to crawl to the nearest workshop. At least hopefully.

At the end of the day freedom is the price we pay for convenience, its kinda funny to think the same applies to our lives as well as our motorcycles.
ashwinprakas is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 18th December 2019, 23:30   #379
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by citron View Post
Most QS would have a on/off system in the menu. If the sensor fails - just switch off the QS and ride like a normal bike,.
ethanhunt123 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd January 2020, 16:27   #380
Senior - BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

This 390 Adventure thread goes in to sleep mode very often since many years. Any updates of the official launch with pricing etc? when are the media rides going to happen? Its definitely been one of the worst planned product launches. Wondering if Bajaj is still unsure of launching and needs further persuasion from its Austrian counterpart.
Old 2nd January 2020, 17:51   #381
Team-BHP Support

Monday Jan 6th is when the dealer said he will have more info, so maybe that is the official price announcement / launch date?
Jaggu is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 2nd January 2020, 18:39   #382
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaggu View Post
Monday Jan 6th is when the dealer said he will have more info, so maybe that is the official price announcement / launch date?
Which dealer was this in Bangalore?
Old 2nd January 2020, 18:44   #383
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nasirkaka View Post
This 390 Adventure thread goes in to sleep mode very often since many years.

Indeed, and whenever there's a new post all the usual suspects come crawling out of the wood works. Regardless if the post really adds anything new to the discussion or not
Old 3rd January 2020, 10:48   #384
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Liner View Post
Which dealer was this in Bangalore?
KTM Indira Nagar is whom i am in touch with, their showroom was undergoing renovation for the new launches including Huskvarna's i guess.
Jaggu is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th January 2020, 12:22   #385
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nasirkaka View Post
This 390 Adventure thread goes in to sleep mode very often since many years. Any updates of the official launch with pricing etc? when are the media rides going to happen? Its definitely been one of the worst planned product launches. Wondering if Bajaj is still unsure of launching and needs further persuasion from its Austrian counterpart.
True. KTM seems to be unsure of the product too. A very recent news of test mule spotting so close to product launch

https://www.rushlane.com/ktm-390-adv...-12347584.html
Old 6th January 2020, 12:45   #386
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dodge3p View Post
True. KTM seems to be unsure of the product too. A very recent news of test mule spotting so close to product launch

https://www.rushlane.com/ktm-390-adv...-12347584.html
Certified clickbait my friend.
Old 6th January 2020, 15:48   #387
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Called up today and still no news, and they don't have info on dates also lol One of the most pathetic company this KTM India. How difficult is it to announce a date and price? Or are they still wondering what to do?
Old 6th January 2020, 16:32   #388
BHPian

Quote:
Called up today and still no news, and they don't have info on dates also lol One of the most pathetic company this KTM India. How difficult is it to announce a date and price? Or are they still wondering what to do?
I had been to the Kharadi, Pune showroom over the weekend. As per the sales guy, the bikes are slated to arrive only by 24th Jan and delivery will be in Feb.

Currently they have bookings for around 27 bikes.
ihrishi is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 6th January 2020, 16:53   #389
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Ha ha ha. Maybe they know you are from the media (tbhp).

Apparently india launch is on 15 jan. Two different sources have confirmed this. Now to wait and watch.

And deliveries will start in jan itself once the RTO approvals are in place. This might be another bottleneck since it's a whole new model and those fellows need to update it in their systems along with the insurance guys.
Red Liner is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 6th January 2020, 17:04   #390
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Liner View Post
Ha ha ha. Maybe they know you are from the media (tbhp).
Absolutely not, I don't use or refer TeamBHP in any of my personal transactions, so that definitely is not the reason. Even the name that was given is my official name.

Quote:
Apparently india launch is on 15 jan. Two different sources have confirmed this. Now to wait and watch.
How difficult it is for them to just publish this officially? Just put a ticker on website and inform dealers to officially communicate??!!

Quote:
And deliveries will start in jan itself once the RTO approvals are in place. This might be another bottleneck since it's a whole new model and those fellows need to update it in their systems along with the insurance guys.
Gone are the days, now it is computerised and very fast process. With so many new makes and models coming into the market i don't think they can site RTO proess for a delayed product launch!

KTM hasn't even updated its own product website, to reflect the India spec bike i.e if they don't plan to provide adjustable suspension. Terrible they are!
Jaggu is offline   (2) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks