Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 21st January 2020, 09:44   #406
BHPian

Re: KTM 390 Adventure India launch confirmed. Edit: Launched at 2.99 lakh.

Wow fantastic specs and good pricing. I actually wanted this bike for myself as its great for tall riders but with ktm delaying the launch I was worried they would launch it mid 2020 around the bs6 deadline.

For the specs it's better than the BMW gs 310 in almost every metric but thankfully BMW is offering an almost permanent discount on the GS 310 so there is at least some competition for the ktm.

The bike is pretty light so shorter riders shouldn't have much trouble riding it. The only real chink in the armor imo is the reliability with so many electronic aids present the risk of failure is quite high given ktm doesn't have the best track record in India.
bf1983 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st January 2020, 11:18   #407
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bf1983 View Post
The bike is pretty light so shorter riders shouldn't have much trouble riding it. The only real chink in the armor imo is the reliability with so many electronic aids present the risk of failure is quite high given ktm doesn't have the best track record in India.
It's 162 kilos dry. It's gonna be in the 170-180 kilo range with full fluids and whatnot. That's not exactly lightweight. Unless the seat is narrow, seems to me like shorter riders will have trouble with this one.

But yeah... ride by wire, FI, ABS, traction control... all these electronics do seem like a double edged sword as far as this being a go-anywhere bike is concerned.
Old 21st January 2020, 11:32   #408
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Liner View Post
You forgot offroad ABS, TFt screen, and on screen navigation with bluetooth. And the 19 inch front wheel.
Thanks. I did overlook those. You know I'm not an off-roader.

The TFT display is a double edged sword. Looks good, but a good friend and BHPian only has complaints about it on his Duke 390, and it constantly throws one niggle or another. Software updates haven't really resolved the issue.
Old 21st January 2020, 11:44   #409
BHPian

I was going through the powerparts for the bike last night and didn't notice the suspension being mentioned. I thought that the international spec suspension was going to be offered as a powerpart. Is that not the case?
Old 21st January 2020, 11:45   #410
Team-BHP Support

Finally! Hope KTM India does not change it's mind in the next few days To me it seems like they panicked with Himalayan BS6 launch and decided to make the press release with the pricing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrAzY dRiVeR View Post
Excellent pricing, and the feature list - Quick shifter, traction control, cornering ABS, slipper clutch - none of this is available on my Versys 650!
====
Don't see any major chinks in its armour, other than the seat height and reliability.
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrAzY dRiVeR View Post
The TFT display is a double edged sword. Looks good, but a good friend and BHPian only has complaints about it on his Duke 390, and it constantly throws one niggle or another. Software updates haven't really resolved the issue.
I really wish they provide those adjustable inserts Vs quick shifter but then again price is just about ok, i guess it would be touching 3.6 to 3.7 on road here in Bangalore. I have gone ahead and confirmed my booking again with an advance payment. Keeping fingers crossed.

This is a worry but then again this is not the first time am living with a first-gen KTM lol. Usually, they offer free upgrade for improvements to the Version 1 launch product. Counting on that and crossing fingers again.

Quote:
Originally Posted by drt_rdr View Post
It's 162 kilos dry. It's gonna be in the 170-180 kilo range with full fluids and whatnot. That's not exactly lightweight. Unless the seat is narrow, seems to me like shorter riders will have trouble with this one.
Ya even Himalayan is just about 10-15 kg more and to me, weight has its plus's also. The stability of the bike at higher speed, or say the overall confidence is much better with a little more weight with entry-level bikes. Unlike a top-end super sports, whatever said and done suspension and chassis can do only so much for stability, and weight does help here. Another way to console myself is, compared to the 230+ kg i ride around, this should be fun.

A Lil bit of excitement is there, but whole lot of anxiety too lol
Jaggu is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 21st January 2020, 11:49   #411
Senior - BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

After all those years of painful wait, this was hardly expected of KTM to just simply announce the price without any fanfare. But then except price, there was nothing much left to reveal so a launch event would have been futile anyways. Good part is the price is at par with expectations and speculations. With all that tech and features, its s superb value for money. Only issue i see is the seat height at 855mm. 175kg wet weight is not really very light, and a wrong footing means we will most likely drop the bike. KTM may have a lower seat option but thats just reducing the foam thickness, a compromise on comfort.

Hope the suspension is supple and low speed riding is enjoyable with smooth fueling and i am sold. Only thing i did not like much on my first gen 390 duke was the high strung engine with no margin for rpm based errors, meant very frequent gear shifts. Engine specs seems same on the 390Adv, hope there are some hidden changes to make it more suitable for adv segment. Just need a long test ride to gauge the gut-feel and take a call. Good show KTM.. Better late then never!!
nasirkaka is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 21st January 2020, 12:33   #412
Team-BHP Support

As received through whatsapp

Quote:
Supposedly Adam Riemann (man behind most KTM official videos recently / Motology Film) is in the country for the launch & featured in these videos

Jaggu is offline   (11) Thanks
Old 21st January 2020, 12:37   #413
BHPian

So is it going to be a BS6 engine with 390 Adventure or the same engine thats going with 390 Duke (BS4?).
Old 21st January 2020, 13:37   #414
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by drive_angry View Post
So is it going to be a BS6 engine with 390 Adventure or the same engine thats going with 390 Duke (BS4?).
Its BS6 EURO5 ready. New Duke 390 also coming.
Red Liner is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 21st January 2020, 15:17   #415
BHPian

Such great news on the pricing of the bike!
I have had my eyes on the Versys 650 for a while now but just couldn't get myself to splurge that kind of moolah. The KTM does all that the Versys can do and more which coupled with that price is a steal!
Laxman9192 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st January 2020, 15:38   #416
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by drt_rdr View Post
It's 162 kilos dry. It's gonna be in the 170-180 kilo range with full fluids and whatnot. That's not exactly lightweight.
That’s piggish! What’s happened to Ktm and their lightweight machines , this weighs more than my 640 and that’s with spoked rims.
Where’s the weight coming from , frame ?
howler is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st January 2020, 15:45   #417
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by howler View Post
That’s piggish! What’s happened to Ktm and their lightweight machines , this weighs more than my 640 and that’s with spoked rims.
Where’s the weight coming from , frame ?
Stronger rear sub Frame, fuel, and the euro 5 cat.
Old 21st January 2020, 16:51   #418
Team-BHP Support

And you need long inseam if you need to be comfortable with the stock seat height

KTM 390 Adventure India launch confirmed. Edit: Launched at 2.99 lakh.-tall.jpeg

Again shared by a friend on whatsapp. Thought this migh be relevant to folks wondering, i guess 32" plus inseam should be ok.
Jaggu is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 21st January 2020, 17:53   #419
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Liner View Post
Stronger rear sub Frame, fuel, and the euro 5 cat.
Still 10kgs too overweight for a 370 KTM single, dry . Let’s see how it hides it’s weight on the road, or when lifting it up
Old 21st January 2020, 18:22   #420
BHPian

Well, my cousin wanted to book one immediately and went to the showroom. No bike there yet. Apparently only one booking in the last 24 hrs in that branch compared to 30-40 bookings when the new 390 was launched.

Was the above pic taken from a showroom? Which one, if yes..
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks