Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 24th January 2019, 13:24   #331
Senior - BHPian

Re: Ridden: Royal Enfield Interceptor 650 & Continental GT 650 Twin

Quote:
Originally Posted by sallubhai View Post
Booked interceptor in there month of November. But, till date there is no confirmation regarding delivery.

How good is the seat for touring? Do I need to change the seat for long distance tour? Please advice a good touring seat and where to get it installed in Kolkata.

The same boat as you buddy, Booked mine back on Nov 15, 2018! Still, no update from the dealer when I will get the bike.
Went to Acclaim Motors Yelahanka because a friend knew someone here but now this is turning out to be a big mistake!
Should have stuck to the RE Brand store.

p.s Booked a regular Interceptor 650 Black.
Old 24th January 2019, 15:08   #332
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
How good is the seat for touring? Do I need to change the seat for long distance tour? Please advice a good touring seat and where to get it installed in Kolkata.
Congratulations on your booking and impending delivery.

On the seats, I would suggest you to use the bike for some time, log a few kilometers before you think of the mods. Am sure there will be more of that coming up than just the seat

Having said that, yes the current seat would do wonders if there was some additional bolstering atleast by an inch or if hardened a bit more.
Old 24th January 2019, 16:31   #333
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Slow View Post
The same boat as you buddy, Booked mine back on Nov 15, 2018! Still, no update from the dealer when I will get the bike.
Went to Acclaim Motors Yelahanka because a friend knew someone here but now this is turning out to be a big mistake!
Should have stuck to the RE Brand store.

p.s Booked a regular Interceptor 650 Black.
Oh! I booked on 20th Nov online, I wonder how long it will be. In an RE meet I was told that it was FCFS so I hope the dealer does not matter. Although the reply has been consistently 3rd week of Feb for me.

Quote:
Booked interceptor in there month of November. But, till date there is no confirmation regarding delivery.

I rode the bike for 30kms, in that distance I felt the regualr seat for me to be too soft. they then gave me a bike with touring seat for a small ride which was lot better.
Old 24th January 2019, 16:44   #334
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by krishnaprasad View Post
Oh! I booked on 20th Nov online, I wonder how long it will be.
Hi Krishna,
Think it also depends on the color of the bike that you have chosen? The Orange Crush color is being delivered in higher numbers compared to Silver or the dual colors.

Nice to hear the comment on the touring seat, need to feel it when I visit the dealers.
Old 24th January 2019, 18:28   #335
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by krishnaprasad View Post
Oh! I booked on 20th Nov online, I wonder how long it will be. In an RE meet I was told that it was FCFS so I hope the dealer does not matter. Although the reply has been consistently 3rd week of Feb for me.

When you book online you will have to select the dealer too right? Strangely people who booked after me the same color black are getting their bikes!
Old 24th January 2019, 19:05   #336
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Slow View Post
When you book online you will have to select the dealer too right? Strangely people who booked after me the same color black are getting their bikes!
Yep, I had to select the dealership, but one naturally selects the closest one.
How I wish RE was more transparent about their booking and delivery process. (not that any manufacturer is transparent). I recognize that RE profits more from it's own shops than that of a dealership but that is no reason to jump queues. It's unfair to it's customers.

What was the time frame you received when you booked?
krishnaprasad is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th January 2019, 19:57   #337
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rahul4321 View Post
dealership service
Hi Rahul,

Which dealership was it?

Thanks in advance.

R-Six
Old 25th January 2019, 10:54   #338
BHPian

I booked mine in the first week of December. Last I called, they told me that deliveries would start in my area mostly towards the end of February. I had originally booked an Interceptor in Ravishing Red, but shortly after changed it to Orange mainly because I like the emblem on the tank better.
Old 25th January 2019, 17:03   #339

Hi All

To provide you with a background, a booking was made during November, 2018 in Bangalore for an Interceptor 650 in Mark 3 shade.

Received an update from the dealership stating that they will not be in a position to fulfill delivery within committed timeline of January 30, 2019 due to certain issues with production. The expected (tentative) timeline for delivery, as per the dealership is end of March, 2019.

Could the delay be attributed to any technical issues with the motorcycle that RE is working on?

Any additional inputs will be appreciated.
Vivek.bk is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 25th January 2019, 18:20   #340
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vivek.bk View Post
Hi All

To provide you with a background, a booking was made during November, 2018 in Bangalore for an Interceptor 650 in Mark 3 shade.

Received an update from the dealership stating that they will not be in a position to fulfill delivery within committed timeline of January 30, 2019 due to certain issues with production. The expected (tentative) timeline for delivery, as per the dealership is end of March, 2019.

Could the delay be attributed to any technical issues with the motorcycle that RE is working on?

Any additional inputs will be appreciated.
WOW, that's sad news man! When exactly did you book yours? and Which dealer? I was also given a similar time frame but now nothing everyone is silent.
Old 25th January 2019, 21:06   #341

They called me from Cochin showroom today for updating regarding my booking done on Nov18. I was told to expect the bike to reach showroom in last week of March and delivery in April.
drmadhuks is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th January 2019, 01:38   #342

Requesting Intel on current state of affairs at RE plant
Old 26th January 2019, 13:41   #343
Senior - BHPian

Refer Rahul4321's report a couple of pages back on how his friends Interceptor was opened up without informing him to supposedly check on some rubber part next to the sprocket.

Now, take into context the delayed delivery schedules, some to March-April 2019, even for bookings made in November, 2018. It may be some sort of part issue which could cause a recall and loss of face if it is not nipped in the bud. As reported, even dealers are clueless about deliveries as the company is obviously keeping a tight lid on things.

RE does not want and cannot afford another debacle like the Himalayan. I feel they could be quietly taking care of whatever problem it is.

Your thoughts?

Cheers
Cyborg is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th January 2019, 18:50   #344
BHPian

Thank you all for your suggestions regarding seat modification.

But I'm very confused right now. Last year, I was interested in Himalayan / Dominar, as the price of Interceptor was not known then and I didn't want to spend more than 3 lacs.

Himalayan was never trouble free, even after relaunch. I was much eager to buy Dominar, but never liked the golden alloys. My choice was white Dominar with black alloys.

Now, it's my gut feeling that, there is something wrong with Interceptor, that's why they're is no information about delivery from all the sources I tried.

The 2019 version of Dominar seems to be a better choice now, as it never had a big problem, and now comes with BS VI engine, white color and black alloys!

Please help me guys to decide
Old 26th January 2019, 21:19   #345
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:

Please help me guys to decide
Buy the dominar, case closed. It has everything you want, and has already toured the ends of the world. Tons of these bikes are on road and touring, and dare i say seem to have none of the problems that rhe dukes are plagued with.

If you are not a risk taker, do not venture towards royal enfield. Bajaj is a well known pony.

And for 3 lakhs, i would recommend you jump the fence to kawasaki and get the ninja 300. Flattens all of these bikes, reliability is better than bullet proof, and all the spare part prices have been reduced to ktm 390 part prices.

If i were in the market today with 3 lakhs, i would not even look at royal enfield or bajaj. Kawasaki, all the way. Or if you want a naked, it just has to be the new Honda CB 300R. Put a screen on it and go tour. There is no need to look beyond the Japanese. The rest are just glorified junk (relatively).

My first paragraph therefore stands obsolete.

Last edited by Red Liner : 26th January 2019 at 21:23.
Red Liner is offline   (6) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks