Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 18th January 2019, 13:08   #316
BANNED

Re: Ridden: Royal Enfield Interceptor 650 & Continental GT 650 Twin

Quote:
Originally Posted by HandfulOfHell View Post
I am conjecturing here but I think RE has good real world feedback on shortcomings of the twins from users now. Some will need extensive work like the foot-peg positioning on the INT while others could be handled by simple design changes like the need for a heat shield to protect the pillion's shoes, better seat padding in general, etc.

Given how much is riding on the success of these bikes for RE, I won't be surprised if the company is trying to iron out some of these easily fixable flaws as deliveries progress. Could this be the reason for intermittent delivery outages? Any views?
Very much possible.... Would there be soft re-call for that ? I doubt

Paying the price for being a first one to embrace it
Old 18th January 2019, 14:40   #317
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by schitre05 View Post
The deliveries seem to have dried up. The local dealers are clueless of the schedule or when they are going to receive the next lot of bikes. Even the company showroom at Navi Mumbai claims a waiting period of 6 months now. They have no idea when the custom colour deliveries would start.
The sales head Jaya pradeep Vasudevan had written to all their regional managers about delays in deliveries of custom colors deferring it to April '19.

However, there is still no clarity on the 2019 manufactured bikes especially the standard colors and the dealers are tight-lipped delaying announcing the tentative deliveries every week.
kesh4munni is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 18th January 2019, 16:07   #318
BHPian

A question to the current owners here on the Interceptor's rear-set foot-pegs when compared to the Bullet (not Continental GT), what is your personal experience on this on a ride greater than a hour (either in the city or on the highway). I read about the issues with the foot-peg when resting the foot down or when trying to engage the side stand, Anything else to be worried about?
krishnaprasad is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th January 2019, 18:45   #319
BHPian

I had booked a silver Sprectre variant in November just after the prices were announced. Dealer has already received a mail that my bike will be delivered in January. They have recently updated that it would be billed tomorrow possibly and the bike would be in Gurgaon by Monday positively. I was given a date of February by the dealer while I booked the bike. Fingers crossed for now.

Last edited by sreejith.pish : 18th January 2019 at 18:46.
sreejith.pish is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 19th January 2019, 11:52   #320
BHPian

My colleague who was one of the first guys to get an Interceptor delivered in Ahmedabad has completed his first service and close to a 1000 kilometres when he got called by the service station repeatedly for a check up. He asked why is one needed when he has no complaints but did not get a satisfactory answer

Anyway, The service station guys picked it up from the workplace. When he called the Service Advisor towards the end of the day to ask when he could pick it up, he did not get a firm timescale and so decided to go over to the service station unnannounced

When he went there he found the entire left hand side gear assembly portion dismantled. Obviously he went ballistic when he saw this. They put the bike back together in front of him and let him go.

When he met me the next day he told me that this was a RE Head Office Mandated checkup because they have started seeing the ugly head of first customer reports pop up regarding rough gearshifts, false neutrals etc. So they are reaching out to inspect customer bikes proactively under the guise of a checkup

I asked him if the gearshifts feel any smoother and he said a little but also feels that it might just be a placebo effect

Last edited by rahul4321 : 19th January 2019 at 11:56.
rahul4321 is offline   (17) Thanks
Old 19th January 2019, 12:31   #321
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rahul4321 View Post
When he went there he found the entire left hand side gear assembly portion dismantled. Obviously he went ballistic when he saw this. They put the bike back together in front of him and let him go.

When he met me the next day he told me that this was a RE Head Office Mandated checkup because they have started seeing the ugly head of first customer reports pop up regarding rough gearshifts, false neutrals etc. So they are reaching out to inspect customer bikes proactively under the guise of a checkup
This is ridiculous behaviour and underhand dealing by RE (again?). The customer has to be informed before undertaking any such "mandated checkup".

I would wait it out for at least six months or so before buying this bike for a clearer picture to emerge.

Thanks a lot Rahul for sharing this information.

Cheers

Last edited by Cyborg : 19th January 2019 at 12:32. Reason: Adding text.
Cyborg is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th January 2019, 13:30   #322
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
When he went there he found the entire left hand side gear assembly portion dismantled. Obviously he went ballistic when he saw this.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyborg View Post
This is ridiculous behaviour and underhand dealing by RE (again?). The customer has to be informed before undertaking any such "mandated checkup".
Absolutely! Not only RE, many Indian companies shy away from announcing a formal recall for issues, and rather try to pull such tricks on an uninformed customer. If a new bike has to be opened up for any such investigations - customer has to be informed and his permission taken!

All owners of initial batches (specially the RE twins) need to be careful when the service center asks for such 'checkups'.

Last edited by CrAzY dRiVeR : 19th January 2019 at 13:31.
Old 20th January 2019, 07:52   #323
BHPian

The standard orange candy colour bikes have arrived at the showroom, to be delivered by the end of Jan. The manager, however has no idea when the other colours would be available. I was told I will receive a call from the area manager in regards to the custom colour.. I suspect more delays.
Attached Thumbnails
Ridden: Royal Enfield Interceptor 650 & Continental GT 650 Twin-1547950728610.jpg  

schitre05 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th January 2019, 09:28   #324
Senior - BHPian

They are manufactured in batches based on one color as per the information from a showroom. Which is why I feel there is no accurate information on delivery dates.
Old 20th January 2019, 10:31   #325
BHPian

Quote:
The standard orange candy colour bikes have arrived at the showroom, to be delivered by the end of Jan. The manager, however has no idea when the other colours would be available. I was told I will receive a call from the area manager in regards to the custom colour.. I suspect more delays.
I just saw the continental GT in a white and the Interceptor in a orange shade in Vadodara today.

This bike really doesn't scream itself as a big bike. I recognized it by its peculiar colour shade. This is good as I do not like much attention while parking or going anywhere in the city. This also helps to avoid scratches. :lol When I had bought Gixxer SF, neighborhood society children tried to climb on the bike and it fell down. I had to pay nearly 5 k for the damages.

Last edited by RedStallion : 20th January 2019 at 10:34.
Old 21st January 2019, 18:59   #326
BHPian

Quote:
Hey, which showroom is this in Mumbai?
Old 21st January 2019, 21:27   #327
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by thumpmeister View Post
Hey, which showroom is this in Mumbai?
This is at Thane. Soniya Motors Thane
schitre05 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd January 2019, 21:39   #328
BHPian

Quote:
I asked him if the gearshifts feel any smoother and he said a little but also feels that it might just be a placebo effect
Hi All,

Just an update on this- I met the dealership service head and the service technician with my friend yesterday and asked for an explanation. I was informed that they had removed the gearshifter and the panel behind it to get to the sprocket. They wanted to examine a rubber part in the vicinity of the sproket. I was also told that various other normal things like play in the pedals, headlight throw, clutch tension etc were also looked at in the checkup.

I told the service head that while this was all okay, the lack of communication with the customer over not being shared a reason for the checkup was a little disconcerting especially when the customer arrives at the showroom and can see the gearshifter dismantled and the sprocket visible

They considered my points graciously and agreed to all of them after much deliberation - even promising to change and improve upon the transparency and communication with all their other customers. Nice blokes. They were cool, calm, respectful and detailed with their answers and explanations

Having heard all of it, my friend is quite relieved now that he understands what they were doing and why they were doing it.

Last edited by rahul4321 : 23rd January 2019 at 22:08.
rahul4321 is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 24th January 2019, 00:58   #329
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
They wanted to examine a rubber part in the vicinity of the sproket.
Did you ask them why they wanted to look at a rubber part in the vicinity of the sprocket. What exactly is this rubber part and what does it do? Are they checking all Interceptors delivered so far?

Seems like some part quality issue, whether it has a far reaching effect remains to be seen.

Thanks for the update Rahul.

Cheers
Old 24th January 2019, 12:18   #330
BHPian

Booked interceptor in there month of November. But, till date there is no confirmation regarding delivery.

How good is the seat for touring? Do I need to change the seat for long distance tour? Please advice a good touring seat and where to get it installed in Kolkata.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks