Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 6th February 2019, 19:26   #406
BHPian

Re: Ridden: Royal Enfield Interceptor 650 & Continental GT 650 Twin

10.05 through 10.30 of the below youtube video reviewing the twins shows some quality issues

Link

Have any of you experienced any of this?
Old 6th February 2019, 20:28   #407
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Motard_Blr View Post
Bajaj don't have this problem with the DC headlamp pulsars since they have a system that switches of the headlamp when the engine is not running. It allows the headlamp to be switched on without the engine running but switches it off after a delay of about a minute.
It's such a simple thing but nobody else seems to care enough to implement it on their bikes.
Not anymore.

With the BS4 update they've scrapped the BCU(Body Control Unit) and revised wiring on Pulsars, meaning no more;

1. Auto Cancelling Indicators.
2. Contact-less Switches.
3. Auto Choke.
4. Automatic Beam-Switching when a bulb fails.
5. Auto HL Turn Off when motor isn't running.

Though from a spec sheet perspective this might seem as a downgrade but a few long term owners see this advantageous due to the BCU being comparatively expensive to replace and impossible to diagnose for a fault.

The more you know the better.
ashwinprakas is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th February 2019, 18:41   #408
Senior - BHPian

Finally, after much following up with them, I got my bike last evening! Seems it was the first Mark Three Interceptor 650 to leave this showroom!
Captain Slow is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th February 2019, 18:55   #409
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Slow View Post
Finally, after much following up with them, I got my bike last evening! Seems it was the first Mark Three Interceptor 650 to leave this showroom!
Congrats!,

Quick question, did you get any accessories and did the bike get delivered with them fitted?
Old 7th February 2019, 19:36   #410
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Slow View Post
Did you book at HSR, I did see one there as well...
Congratulations by the way... Wishing you miles of happiness on it

Do share some pictures and how was the delivery experience
ku69rd is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 7th February 2019, 22:34   #411
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by joeblack View Post
I have booked my i650 Orange Crush on 23rd Nov 2018 from Kings Baner, Pune. Whenever i call the dealer they said delivery of bike is not in our hands, you will get a call from company directly . I am waiting for the call from god knows which company.
All are sailing in the same boat. I think it's utter chaos at RE. Some major messup has taken place, I sincerely hope so, alternately if this is BAU for RE, then God help us who have booked the Twins.
thumpmeister is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th February 2019, 22:48   #412
BHPian

Had a short test ride of the INT650. The engine is a gem. Pulls in any gear. Also the gearbox is the best on any RE. Only issue i faced was the riding ergonomics. I was expecting it to be relaxed but on contrary found it to be more committed than my Pulsar 150. i am 5'10". has anyone experienced this on the INT? BTW waiting period in Goa is 6 months!
Old 8th February 2019, 01:48   #413
BHPian

Today I went to the Enfield showroom at Chinar Park (Kolkata), where I had booked the Inceptor on 7th December. Reasons being two fold

A > Take a long test drive
B > Find out the status of my booking

A > The test drive of 30 kms today really made me get a feel of the bike. My experience is as mentioned below

1. Requested for a long test drive which they gladly accepted. As a matter of fact, I was pleasantly surprised that my executive and the manager remembered me and addressed my by my name. Really impressed by that.

2. The executive while handing over the bike confirmed there is enough fuel (2 bars), but his colleague told him to open the fuel tank lid to re-check, as I reminded them I wanted a long test drive and if the fuel finishes, I shall be inconvenienced. The SE was not convinced with the quantity of fuel, even though he assured me that after the last bar disappears, the bike still has about 2.5 litres of fuel. To be on the safer side, he went to fill fuel and was back in 10 mins. Point to be noted - Are we to worry about the fuel gauge being faulty!

3. I did not cross 80 kmph, but really freaked out accelerating to 80 kmph. The rear suspension did seem hard. Braking was absolutely spot on. While riding I had to keep a mental note of the gear I was riding on, a gear position indicator is sorely missed. Stalled the bike twice which negotiating speed breakers, I thought 2nd gear shall be enough to pull through, guess I released the clutch a tad too quickly. The first time it happened, I thought I had mis counted the gear position, so the second time I made sure my mental count was correct, but the bike stalled.

At the 3rd speed breaker, my mental count failed me, I was a bit higher than crawling speed, presumed I was in the 2nd gear, assuming so, applying the lesson learnt that is to release the clutch slowly but rotate the right wrist fast, I did just that, but since I was on 1st gear, the bike accelerated brutally which caught me unaware, reminded me of the acceleration of the RD 350.

4. The seat - much as been talked about it hence nothing to add except that I shall have to go to an expert who shall be told to modify it, I just hope that is possible else after a couple of rides, it shall be 'bum to metal', this shall definitely not be a pleasant experience for future rides. As a matter of fact, I had ridden to the showroom on my colleague's Yamaha Ray, its seat being far superior.

5. Did not feel the heat of the engine as most of the time I was riding, hardly any stop go traffic.

6. Wind blast had started to develop, since both sides of the road had empty vast lands, hence feel a wind deflector of sort shall definitely be required.

B > This was a disappointment, as I was told the waiting period would be approximately 3 to 4 more months!! I had no choice except for the fact that I informed my SE that I am willing to compromise on the colour, in case I would get the bike earlier.

The wait continues
ALTIMAed is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 9th February 2019, 13:22   #414
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by isldhn View Post
Thanks 22ji. Already had a look at sant motors and I dont expect much from Barnala motors too. Unfortunately we do not have a bikers community which is as aware of the riding gear as the chrome on their rear view mirrors;-). Anyways, will visit rideon. I had called them earlier and had planned to visit them after the delivery of my GT 650. Where in Ludhiana are you based out of. We should get together for a geri some day soon. Cheers!!
Have a look at Barnala. They normally have a few riding jackets on offer. I scored a deal on an RE leather jacket with them a few years back. They also had a couple of nice summer riding mesh jackets last time I was there.

We do have a decent riding community here. PM me your phone number and I'll fix you up for a ride sometime with a WhatsApp riding group. The group has an interceptor as well, and he's currently riding his new machine every other day. There are also a number of motorcycling clubs in Ludhiana, if that interests you.

I'm based out of civil lines. Yes Sir, we shall ride together sometime, inshallah.
param22k is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th February 2019, 09:24   #415
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by joeblack View Post
I have booked my i650 Orange Crush on 23rd Nov 2018 from Kings Baner, Pune. Whenever i call the dealer they said delivery of bike is not in our hands, you will get a call from company directly . I am waiting for the call from god knows which company.
Quite strange, Brahma motors is delivering the twins like crazy. Better check with them if possible.
rakesh_r is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 13th February 2019, 02:24   #416
BHPian

VVC Automobiles in Hyderabad is now saying the delivery of my 22/11 booking for the Baker Express I650 will be only by March end. While booking they had said December end; in December they said Feb 1st week.

This is just going from bad to worse. Anyone has an inside scoop on what the actual issue is?
Old 13th February 2019, 05:56   #417
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabby-069 View Post
VVC Automobiles in Hyderabad is now saying the delivery of my 22/11 booking for the Baker Express I650 will be only by March end. While booking they had said December end; in December they said Feb 1st week.

This is just going from bad to worse. Anyone has an inside scoop on what the actual issue is?
My Nov 14, Baker Express is likely to be delivered in mid March. I recently asked someone working in RE about the delays when I was told that the reasons are three pronged.

Firstly, RE has received about 3x the expected number of bookings which has taken the company by surprise.

Secondly, the paintshop needs to be completely reset/reconfigured for different tank paint schemes. The custom colors need even more time at the paintshop because of 2 colors - so the company is currently prioritizing single color paint schemes because they are easy and faster to produce. In some international markets today, the company is restricting paint schemes available for booking.

Thirdly, the RE R&D may introduce small changes to design based on user feedback. Since they will have to retrofit these changes to vehicles already delivered, they are trying to find a way to see if any new changes can be incorporated during delivery itself. This is a chicken and egg problem.

These three things are compounding delays in delivery timelines! Any other insights will be very helpful.
HandfulOfHell is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 13th February 2019, 12:51   #418
BHPian

I took delivery of my Interceptor last week, had done the booking on 15 Nov 2018, overall booking and delivery experience was smooth at the RE Adyar Brand showroom Chennai without any unreasonable delays or false promises. During mid December I was informed that my bike will get delivered around first week of February and I am happy it did so. The showroom manager and staff were friendly throughout. The bike was invoiced on 4th February and I did the PDI on 5th and got it registered the next day and took delivery the day after. Have clocked just over 200kms and still getting accustomed to the overall feel of the motorcycle, will come up with my ownership review soon.

Quick initial impressions:
  • Loads of low end torque
  • Engine is a relaxed operator
  • Suspension soaks up broken roads with aplomb
  • Gear shifts feel slick
  • Sweet exhaust rumble
  • Feels hefty when getting off the stand and pushing the bike
  • I am not a near 6 footer so the fiddling rider foot pegs needs a lot of getting used to.

Overall a very nice motorcycle!

The understated Silver Spectre.
Ridden: Royal Enfield Interceptor 650 & Continental GT 650 Twin-img_8345.jpg

Removed the saree guard since it is of no use for my pillion.
Ridden: Royal Enfield Interceptor 650 & Continental GT 650 Twin-img_8340.jpg

Ridden: Royal Enfield Interceptor 650 & Continental GT 650 Twin-img_8348.jpg

Removed the rear mud flap for aesthetic appeal.
Ridden: Royal Enfield Interceptor 650 & Continental GT 650 Twin-img_8361.jpg
Torino is online now   (14) Thanks
Old 13th February 2019, 19:18   #419
Senior - BHPian

Hi,
A very nice article on the Twins. A good synopsis ...

https://www.motorcyclistonline.com/r...reviews#page-4
ku69rd is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 13th February 2019, 20:04   #420
BHPian

https://www.banggood.in/7inch-Motorc...r_warehouse=CN

I was going to order this for my Standard 500. It should suit the Interceptor really well too.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks