Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 12th August 2019, 20:16   #1066
BHPian

Re: Ridden: Royal Enfield Interceptor 650 & Continental GT 650 Twin

So after one week of ownership and 275 odd kms, predominantly in cheek by jowl Patna traffic, here is what i make of it.

The bike is a stunner for sure, a head turner and attention grabber, this i can do without. I learned my riding on a 1987 350 and this is light years ahead of my trusted stead in terms of refinement.
I have nothing to add to this thread in terms of the engine or its responsiveness, however there are a few sore points.

Ergonomically, the interceptor can be a little more comfortable in terms of the riding posture. I am 6 ft and a few centimeters and the lean forward is not the most comforting. The handle bars could have been adjusted to make us sit a little more upright.
The positioning of the rear brake lever almost under the engine is really sad. Happened to take the bike to the gym this morning, a ride of around 1 km wearing shorts and slippers, and boy does it get hot
Also, did anybody else feel that the silencers could have been a little closer to the bike ?
Old 12th August 2019, 21:28   #1067
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nairanupg View Post
The positioning of the rear brake lever almost under the engine is really sad. Happened to take the bike to the gym this morning, a ride of around 1 km wearing shorts and slippers, and boy does it get hot
That actually makes for awesome design - force the rider to always atleast wear bare minimum of protective gear
ethanhunt123 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 13th August 2019, 09:44   #1068
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ethanhunt123 View Post
That actually makes for awesome design - force the rider to always atleast wear bare minimum of protective gear
I am sure thats what the folks at Enfield were going for.
Old 13th August 2019, 10:18   #1069
BHPian

Quote:
That has to be the fastest Interceptor buying and delivery experience on teambhp
Ha ha That was fast. Congrats on your new purchase. Keep us posted on the riding experience.
Old 13th August 2019, 14:37   #1070
BHPian

Got the single seat for Gt, it looks way better than the stock seat, completes the cafe racer. I find it comfortable than the stock
*looks hawwwt
*reduces seat height
*firmer than the extra soft stock seat
*damage: 4560₹ after 20% discount
*now people can't ask for lift
Attached Thumbnails
Ridden: Royal Enfield Interceptor 650 & Continental GT 650 Twin-img20190813wa0021.jpg  

Ridden: Royal Enfield Interceptor 650 & Continental GT 650 Twin-img20190813wa0020.jpg  

yesyeswe is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 13th August 2019, 16:05   #1071
BHPian

For people facing the wobbling issue on the interceptor, here is something I found on Xbhp.
The Street twin owners also had the same issue on similar speeds and the 18" Pirelli phantom Sportscomp tyres are the same for the two bikes on the front.

https://www.xbhp.com/talkies/superbi...review-15.html

Another problem surfaced after riding in some rain, water has entered the instrument console and now after a couple of days it has dried and left nasty dirt marks inside.
Quality issue on RE just don't seem to end
Checked with a few other owners and got to know this is a very common problem and some have even got a replacement under warranty.
ishan12 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th August 2019, 16:30   #1072
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by yesyeswe View Post
Got the single seat for Gt, it looks way better than the stock seat, completes the cafe racer.
Err... looks very very odd if you ask me; as if someone has carved out of the bike top. But to each to his own - as long as you are happy
ninjatalli is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th August 2019, 21:02   #1073
BHPian

A feedback after 2350 kms

1. Clutch gets loose, hence has to adjusted every 4 to 5 days using the knurled nut near the lever
2. Khat khat sound from the front when ridden on bad roads
3. Speedo meter failed at 1552 kms, speed sensor replaced in warranty. Speedo has started malfunctioning at 2320 kms. Shall be taking it to the service station tomorrow.
4. Slight oil leakage from the left side chamber. I noticed this since the main stand is covered with a layer of dust.
5. ECU update done, no difference is being felt
Mods done
1. Handle bar grips replaced
2. Fog lamps installed
3. Mobile holder installed
4. Seelin pumped into the tyres
5. Nitrogen filled in the tyres

September end, planning to ride to Sikkim
ALTIMAed is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th August 2019, 21:47   #1074
BHPian

Quote:
The Art of Buying a Two wheeler after 15 years..
Sunday :- Call up the family in Mumbai & Banglore to inform them of what i have done only to hear that i am loosing it as i touch 40.
Monday :- Walk into the showroom and take delivery. Spend the rest of the day in a state of bliss

That has to be the fastest Interceptor buying and delivery experience on teambhp
Hahaha my family says the same as I hit 35. I'm hoping to buy a bike later this year. Enjoy the interceptor, its a lovely bike. I thought there was several months waiting for the bike. How did. You get it in a day?!
Old 14th August 2019, 12:54   #1075
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by imp! View Post
Hahaha my family says the same as I hit 35. I'm hoping to buy a bike later this year. Enjoy the interceptor, its a lovely bike. I thought there was several months waiting for the bike. How did. You get it in a day?!
Me going Senile seems to be the general consensus amongst friends and family
guess i just got lucky with availability in Patna, mate.
to be honest when i walked into the showroom i expected a wait time of a month at the very least. So when the chap gives me a sly smile and says, sir aaj paise do aur shamko bike lejao, i skipped a heart beat.
nairanupg is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th August 2019, 19:55   #1076
BHPian

Quote:
So after one week of ownership and 275 odd kms, predominantly in cheek by jowl Patna traffic, here is what i make of it.

The bike is a stunner for sure, a head turner and attention grabber, this i can do without. I learned my riding on a 1987 350 and this is light years ahead of my trusted stead in terms of refinement.
I have nothing to add to this thread in terms of the engine or its responsiveness, however there are a few sore points.

Ergonomically, the interceptor can be a little more comfortable in terms of the riding posture. I am 6 ft and a few centimeters and the lean forward is not the most comforting. The handle bars could have been adjusted to make us sit a little more upright.
Also, did anybody else feel that the silencers could have been a little closer to the bike ?
Yeah it does get hot but after first service it would settle down a little bit, but don't expect a big change, it's 650 cc at the end of the day. The silencers should have been parallel to each other instead of protruding out, in that way they would have looked better
Old 15th August 2019, 01:10   #1077
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by yesyeswe View Post
Got the single seat for Gt, it looks way better than the stock seat, completes the cafe racer. I find it comfortable than the stock
*looks hawwwt
*reduces seat height
*firmer than the extra soft stock seat
*damage: 4560₹ after 20% discount
*now people can't ask for lift
Nice ride there buddy. I too own a GT 535, but that seat does look a little weird in comparison to GT 535.
So I went looking for answers, turns out that the wheel base of GT 650 is 1398mm and of GT 535 is 1370mm i.e. a difference of about 28mm.
I would say this particular seat looks much better on GT535 and it's lazy on RE's part that they are still probably using the same one on GT650 which was originally designed for GT535 as it looks kinda short and disproportionate on GT650.
Attached Thumbnails
Ridden: Royal Enfield Interceptor 650 & Continental GT 650 Twin-royalenfieldcontinentalgt.jpg  

Ridden: Royal Enfield Interceptor 650 & Continental GT 650 Twin-img_20190615_112736_010.jpg  

Last edited by wrongturn : 15th August 2019 at 01:14.
wrongturn is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 15th August 2019, 18:03   #1078
r.K
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ninjatalli View Post
Err... looks very very odd if you ask me; as if someone has carved out of the bike top. But to each to his own - as long as you are happy
Could we not cut the extra frame and attach it permanently to the longer seat, and design a new rear for the single seat? Would that be feasible?
Old 15th August 2019, 19:05   #1079
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by wrongturn View Post
Nice ride there buddy. I too own a GT 535, but that seat does look a little weird in comparison to GT 535.
So I went looking for answers, turns out that the wheel base of GT 650 is 1398mm and of GT 535 is 1370mm i.e. a difference of about 28mm.
I would say this particular seat looks much better on GT535 and it's lazy on RE's part that they are still probably using the same one on GT650 which was originally designed for GT535 as it looks kinda short and disproportionate on GT650.
The GT looks hot in red! The gap behind the seat is too much, i want to chop off the extra part and weld them together but there will warranty issues so have to wait for 3 years to do that. But apart from making a longer single seat, which would have again looked weired they didn't have any other option, maybe they could have reduced the length of the frame behind the seat.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ninjatalli View Post
It does look a bit weird due the extra length of the mudguard, but after spending 3 big ones, all i see is beauty

Quote:
Originally Posted by r.K View Post
Could we not cut the extra frame and attach it permanently to the longer seat, and design a new rear for the single seat? Would that be feasible?
Even i want to do that, there is a large gap between the seat and the tail light, even a person can sit there comfortably. But there will be warranty issues if we do that, so i'll wait for 3 years and then cut off the extra part
yesyeswe is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 15th August 2019, 19:21   #1080
r.K
BHPian

Right. Or maybe a luggage rack for those solo rides? Would definitely carry loads

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks