Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 24th September 2019, 16:28   #1201
BHPian

Re: Ridden: Royal Enfield Interceptor 650 & Continental GT 650 Twin

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheParsiStig View Post
If he seems adamant on not giving it at the time of delivery take it to another showroom/ service centre and get it done.

Remember, Sump Guard fitment will take at least an hour or so as it requires removal of the exhaust header pipes.
I told him it's okay if the delivery is delayed by a day or two but I need them installed when I take delivery of the bike. But he said that can only be done during first service!

The roads are so bad here that I don't want to damage because of a loose stone.
Old 24th September 2019, 16:42   #1202
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Resfeber View Post
I told him it's okay if the delivery is delayed by a day or two but I need them installed when I take delivery of the bike. But he said that can only be done during first service!

I think you worry too much, I drive in bangalore and crossed more than 1000km here, without a sump guard... using a sump guard is overated in city limits.
if you are riding on a loose gravel road, you obviously slow down your vehicle not leaving enough momentum for a flying debri to reach the cover...

obviously, this vehicle is not made for a off-road scenario.
thirumalkumaran is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 24th September 2019, 16:44   #1203
BHPian

Quote:

Raise this with RE on twitter or mail them on their customer service email.
The dealer is just trying to fleece here, since the installation of all accessories is free at the time of delivery but chargeable after that during service.

In case you need contact number of the regional RE sales guy. DM me.
ishan12 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 24th September 2019, 17:14   #1204
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by neil.jericho View Post
This is the first time that I have ever heard of a dealership saying that there will be a fee for getting the VIN. Which dealer is this?

Yeah, this is the first time I've come across something of this sort. I opted for the Black Magic, which I reckon is not a fast moving piece. My loan has been approved and I just have to sign the documents to proceed to the final step. I'm asking the dealer to share the VIN at the time of signing the documents. If he doesn't have the VIN ready this Thursday, I'll cancel the booking.

Can I take the booking to another dealer? I mean, get that transferred? Or should I only cancel and make a new one?
Old 24th September 2019, 17:25   #1205
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by thirumalkumaran View Post
I think you worry too much, I drive in bangalore and crossed more than 1000km here, without a sump guard... using a sump guard is overated in city limits.
if you are riding on a loose gravel road, you obviously slow down your vehicle not leaving enough momentum for a flying debri to reach the cover...

obviously, this vehicle is not made for a off-road scenario.
I agree that it isn't a must but when I'm insisting that I need them installed, why are they trying to shy away?

Seems like poor customer service to me.
Old 24th September 2019, 18:13   #1206
BANNED

Quote:
I agree that it isn't a must but when I'm insisting that I need them installed, why are they trying to shy away?

Wry like poor customer service to me.
If it's any relief do note that a loose stone would not crack a hole in your crankcase.

But at the same time bottoming out is highly likely to crack the crank case provided you do not have an undergone chassis, which I presume the 650's have.

But yes, it doesn't hurt to be prepared, being in India you never really know. I have literally slid off the pegs after my chassis bottomed out on KL roads.
Old 24th September 2019, 19:25   #1207
BHPian

Quote:

Seems like poor customer service to me.
I have shared my opinion on this earlier. Can you please go through my post, posted above?
Old 24th September 2019, 19:28   #1208
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gigatech2006 View Post
Yeah, this is the first time I've come across something of this sort. I opted for the Black Magic, which I reckon is not a fast moving piece. My loan has been approved and I just have to sign the documents to proceed to the final step. I'm asking the dealer to share the VIN at the time of signing the documents. If he doesn't have the VIN ready this Thursday, I'll cancel the booking.

Can I take the booking to another dealer? I mean, get that transferred? Or should I only cancel and make a new one?
The dealer should give you the VIN before you finalize the papers. Dont sign and then check the VIN.

If you feel something is not right, cancel the booking and go to another dealer. I would suggest the company dealership if available.
Old 24th September 2019, 19:53   #1209
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by neil.jericho View Post
The dealer should give you the VIN before you finalize the papers. Dont sign and then check the VIN.

If you feel something is not right, cancel the booking and go to another dealer. I would suggest the company dealership if available.

What's worse is that it's the company dealership. I'm amazed these guys are like this. I'll have more updates tomorrow.

Also, another interesting thing. I was quoted an interest rate of 7.3% for the bike loan. I casually checked with my bank today morning on a personal loan for the same amount and they said that it's at 11%. What's annoying is that the EMIs remain more or less the same. Why would anyone go for auto loan for this amount, get hypothecated on the RC and then go through the pains of removing it after end of the loan tenure. Any financial gurus that can enlighten us here?
Old 24th September 2019, 20:11   #1210
BHPian

Quote:
Any financial gurus that can enlighten us here?
I am no expert, but I would suggest you below.
Since there are so many hidden costs and charges involved.
Just go by below logic.
Just calculate this (monthly EMI x number of months) + All other processing charges to get the loan disbursed.

whichever is less, choose that one.
ishan12 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th September 2019, 23:20   #1211
BHPian

Quote:
Also, another interesting thing. I was quoted an interest rate of 7.3% for the bike loan. I casually checked with my bank today morning on a personal loan for the same amount and they said that it's at 11%. What's annoying is that the EMIs remain more or less the same. Why would anyone go for auto loan for this amount, get hypothecated on the RC and then go through the pains of removing it after end of the loan tenure. Any financial gurus that can enlighten us here?

Would suggest check personal loan options, bike loans are very expensive and have alot of hidden charges under them. I was in the same deliema. Check out the other threads on team bhp regarding loans for expensive bikes, many people have explained quite well.
amrutmhatre90 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 25th September 2019, 11:02   #1212
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by yesyeswe View Post
I am 5ft'7, have never been to gym, have a lean body and after reading your post i think it's time to install some supporters on my GT like the ones kids have on their cycles

Me too in similar boat. I am 6ft tall and just 62kg. I had severe apprehension whether I could manage the weight. I was using a classic intermittently earlier which was 185 odd kg and could manage okay. So I thought 202kg would be fine. As many pointed out as long as its upright its fine. A week back I was trying to take a u-turn that was rather sharp and couldn't hold the weight and I had to drop the bike and jump out. With traffic blocked from both end, I was standing in the middle of the road recollecting the youtube video I saw about how to lift a heavy tilted bike. By then a good Samaritan came and lifted it up and gave me a good piece of advice. "Lanky guys like you should not go for such heavy bikes". I am looking forward for an exhaust and alloy wheel change that can reduce the weight to say 185/190 range.
motor_breathing is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 25th September 2019, 11:19   #1213
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by motor_breathing View Post
I am looking forward for an exhaust and alloy wheel change that can reduce the weight to say 185/190 range.
Just be mindful that 202 kg is the dry weight quoted by RE, so with fuel and the saree guard I remember reading that the bike weighs 214 kg.

You can remove the saree guard to save about 2 kg, then an exhaust swap can save a maximum of 6 kg, and the alloys I am guessing will save 2-3 kg. My point is - you might not get the weight reduced by a lot to actually feel the difference - as all these removed weight are close to the bottom half of the motorcycle and they actually would be very close to the CG of the motorcycle.

On an other note, I was pushed off the bike by an Innova driver who despite having a reverse camera reversed into me while I was standing still and waiting to take a turn! But as I got up and went to fight with the Innova driver, two good Samaritans had already lifted the bike up for me and saved me from the embarrassment
aravind.anand is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 25th September 2019, 12:14   #1214
Senior - BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

Youtube videos of heavy bike lifting technique hardly work in real life scenario, as there are so many factors at play including terrain, traffic, how the bike fell, embarrassment, anxiety, anger, etc. Usually we do find kind hearted folks to help us in such situation. You want to collect a group of people on a deserted road, just drop you bike and see them appear from thin air. The interceptor is a heavy bike but masks its weight very well. In motion, the weight is hardly felt. Its just while manually moving/pushing the bike around in parking, holding it beyond a certain angle, or straightening it from side stand is when the weight shows up. I doubt if we will be able to push the bike even for a short distance incase of a puncture. But is the weight a deal breaking factor? Not really. It just required a bit of mental learning/unlearning the dynamics. Getting an idea of the handle bar turn travel, Shifting of weight during sharp turns/U turns, reverse parking esp on downward slope, so we can power-out the bike later, and such basics would help overcome the weight issue. Good part is that that CG feels low, so as long as one is comfortable with footing, the weight should not be big deal in day to day riding.
nasirkaka is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 26th September 2019, 02:01   #1215
BHPian

Does he make sense? Should we wait for BS6 model.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks