Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 25th October 2019, 09:29   #1321
BHPian

Re: Ridden: Royal Enfield Interceptor 650 & Continental GT 650 Twin

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragonHawk View Post
For folks like @SnehilShekar who went with outex, I had couple of questions for you.
How is it holding up?. Any issues so far?.

When you ride under mid day heat and broken roads with potholes, did you see any drop in air pressure or leakage?

I am just evaluating the option of tubless conversion kit and previously I had put slime in my Desertstorm which luckily had only one puncture during the ownership period of 4 years and it did held up pretty well on that occasion. But of course it did create a mess for puncture guy to clean and place the tube back. So I don`t want to go with that again and I am seriously considering Outex for peace of mind. Only thing which is putting me off is like everyone mentioned the cost factor and durability. So would appreciate if one can update their experience so far with Outex.

Same.

But I feel like at this point RE might be close to launching the wheels. So I might as well stick with tubed tyres for some time. Maybe a few weeks.. Maybe a couple months. Hopefully just that much.

If it starts getting longer than that Outex might be decent option.
Old 25th October 2019, 09:39   #1322
BHPian

OT: Do we have a Banaglore Interceptor Whatsapp group or something similar?
Old 25th October 2019, 10:09   #1323
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshaymahajan View Post
OT: Do we have a Banaglore Interceptor Whatsapp group or something similar?
Yes, there is one group. Search for it on Facebook and then you have an invite to the WA group. Quite a lively group with no spams and forwards, tightly controlled for non related comments. Something close to this group (so far so good).

Search for Royal Enfield Twins of Bangalore, India.

The FB group has ~80 members but the WA group has nearly 150 riders.
ku69rd is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 25th October 2019, 14:41   #1324
BHPian

By the way, I remember reading in passing somewhere that the front brake pads are not bybre but are brembo? Is that true?

Last edited by ashishk29 : 25th October 2019 at 14:41. Reason: exapnded an abbreviation.
Old 25th October 2019, 17:35   #1325
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashishk29 View Post
By the way, I remember reading in passing somewhere that the front brake pads are not bybre but are brembo? Is that true?
It might be possible, as I heard that the pads cost INR2500/- that's expensive than many car's brake pads. Hope it lasts enough in Bangalore traffic
thirumalkumaran is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th October 2019, 21:12   #1326
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashishk29 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by thirumalkumaran View Post
It might be possible, as I heard that the pads cost INR2500/- that's expensive than many car's brake pads. Hope it lasts enough in Bangalore traffic
Yes indeed, it is brembo. We were on a ride with Ku69rd and we were amazed to see the brembos on his interceptor.

I would say the pads are well worth the money for the speeds the bike can do.
Red Liner is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 26th October 2019, 06:30   #1327
BHPian

My engine MIL light has come on again after the light showers this week in Mumbai. Will go to the SC after Diwali to get it checked. Ride quality wise nothing has changed, bike is responding fine. Probably the same O2 sensor that was malfunctioning the last time acting up again due to moisture.
Old 26th October 2019, 09:39   #1328
BHPian

So far I've only seen outex posts from Bangalore... Anyone in Pune has those? Anyone in Pune for the installation as well?
Old 28th October 2019, 17:25   #1329
BHPian

Just completed 1600 kms on my Interceptor 650 . It has been used mainly on highways and on short rides within the city when there isn't any traffic. So far,very satisfied with the product. This is my first motorcycle after 10-12 years. Apart from the weight , everything was alright from day one. A couple of things added like the Union Jack Tank pads and aerorack both from Motone customs . A custom seat from Sahara seats with increased padding and pillion seat width. I have also added Formula X sealant in the tube and was saved on the highway when a nail lodged in. Overall I think this makes it a more complete vehicle and I am pretty happy with it .
Attached Thumbnails
Ridden: Royal Enfield Interceptor 650 & Continental GT 650 Twin-int2.jpg  

Ridden: Royal Enfield Interceptor 650 & Continental GT 650 Twin-int1.jpg  

keshav1426 is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 29th October 2019, 11:24   #1330
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by keshav1426 View Post
I have also added Formula X sealant in the tube and was saved on the highway when a nail lodged in.
Do give us an update on the Tyre sealant. I'm keen on installing it on my bike as well.
TheParsiStig is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th October 2019, 11:37   #1331
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheParsiStig View Post
Do give us an update on the Tyre sealant. I'm keen on installing it on my bike as well.
I got it applied before my decently long ride of 500 kms. The Installer asked us to check the tyres every few hundred kilometers. Reason being , we wont know if anything has lodged in. So i did the same and found the nail. They also tell you not to pull out the nail unless you are near a filling station so that you can top up the air and keep riding. I did pull out the nail and i didn't find any air loss. I would recommend this gel over the liquid from other brands. Give it a try. I have also taken the bike to triple digit speeds and didn't find any wobbling out of the ordinary .

In addition, the hazard system from Novotronics is also a nice addition, plug and play , all indicators changed to led. The highlight being that it works on stock switches and we dont need any aftermarket switch on the handlebar.

Last edited by keshav1426 : 29th October 2019 at 11:40.
keshav1426 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 29th October 2019, 17:18   #1332
BHPian

Quote:
Just completed 1600 kms on my Interceptor 650 . It has been used mainly on highways and on short rides within the city when there isn't any traffic. So far,very satisfied with the product. This is my first motorcycle after 10-12 years. Apart from the weight , everything was alright from day one. A couple of things added like the Union Jack Tank pads and aerorack both from Motone customs . A custom seat from Sahara seats with increased padding and pillion seat width. I have also added Formula X sealant in the tube and was saved on the highway when a nail lodged in. Overall I think this makes it a more complete vehicle and I am pretty happy with it .
Mate i am looking for a similar tank rack for my interceptor. can you please share a link if you can. can i order this online.
Old 29th October 2019, 20:02   #1333
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nairanupg View Post
Mate i am looking for a similar tank rack for my interceptor. can you please share a link if you can. can i order this online.
Here you go ,they ship worldwide. it comes in polished and black.
Its made for the Bonneville but is a direct fit on the Interceptor

https://www.motone.co.uk/motorcycle-...polished-p2199
Old 29th October 2019, 20:51   #1334
BHPian

Quote:
Just completed 1600 kms on my Interceptor 650 . It has been used mainly on highways and on short rides within the city when there isn't any traffic..
Overall I think this makes it a more complete vehicle and I am pretty happy with it .
Mate! I just got fooled thinking Stuart Fillingham joined Team BHP.
FYI, his youtube channel. https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCGz...cpdn3xWwuLXsmA

and I'm damn sure you are one of his subscriber!
thirumalkumaran is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th October 2019, 11:45   #1335
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by thirumalkumaran View Post
Mate! I just got fooled thinking Stuart Fillingham joined Team BHP.
FYI, his Youtube channel. https://www.Youtube.com/channel/UCGz...cpdn3xWwuLXsmA

and I'm damn sure you are one of his subscriber!
Thanks. In-fact, I am one of his early subscribers and was convinced with the tank pads and aerorack. So when a friend mentioned that hes visiting India from the UK, I was quick to order these items and send it through him.Got them even before the motorcycle came home. It seems to have worked out well. Last I heard , the tank pads have major demand especially from India. Couple of riders have ordered it at 3400 INR including customs. The quality of the tank pads are a different level and the rack is SS grade . Top notch

Last edited by keshav1426 : 30th October 2019 at 11:51.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks