Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 2nd September 2020, 17:18   #2071
BHPian

Re: Ridden: Royal Enfield Interceptor 650 & Continental GT 650 Twin

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashishk29 View Post
I just pinged Indimotard for the same, and he quoted me 25k+ for some reason. I am going to see why he's charging about 2-3k extra.

I had also gotten in touch with MotoNerdz, who did quote 23k.
Update on this: MotoNerdz pinged me back, and also quoted a revised 25k

So I will proceed with Indimotard seeing as they are an official distributor for YSS. Need to do some financial planning first
ashishk29 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd September 2020, 19:33   #2072
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashishk29 View Post

So I will proceed with Indimotard seeing as they are an official distributor for YSS. Need to do some financial planning first
Eagerly awaiting your review. My dream INT would have YSS front and back and the TEC 2into1 exhaust. However the cost becomes almost 50% the price of the motorcycle.
timuseravan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd September 2020, 19:49   #2073
Senior - BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

Quote:

Yes, the price is gone up. Even i was considering the YSS for the front, but Way2Speed is also coming up with a suspnesion upgrade kit. Spoke to the guy at length, and seems interesting so could go that way and do some R&D with different springs, spacer, preload adjustable cap, and oil grade. No hurry, lets see.

Issue with companies like YSS / Ohlins etc are they make the suspension suitable for international market, where the riding conditions are very different from India. Surely the bike will handle much better with those kits, but i am looking at better comfort over our broken roads. Not sure if they can offer that. Will keep an eye on your experience and feedback.
nasirkaka is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 2nd September 2020, 20:31   #2074
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nasirkaka View Post
I got the bike washed today and installed the visor just to share some pics.
Is that a seat cover? or did you get it modified? in either case, details please
Have booked a Baker Express last Saturday with delivery suposed to happen in 45 days max! Spending days making list of modjobs and accessories to be bought
Old 3rd September 2020, 07:31   #2075
BHPian

Quote:
Yes, the price is gone up. Even i was considering the YSS for the front, but Way2Speed is also coming up with a suspnesion upgrade kit. Spoke to the guy at length, and seems interesting so could go that way and do some R&D with different springs, spacer, preload adjustable cap, and oil grade. No hurry, lets see.

Issue with companies like YSS / Ohlins etc are they make the suspension suitable for international market, where the riding conditions are very different from India. Surely the bike will handle much better with those kits, but i am looking at better comfort over our broken roads. Not sure if they can offer that. Will keep an eye on your experience and feedback.
I am also intrigued by the Way2Speed option. If I can get a comparable option locally made, I'd be more than happy. Only thing being, I haven't seen anybody's reviews on it so far. There's just too little info.

As for the YSS/Ohlins thing, do check the video review by Motoring Scribe. He has tested the YSS ki on Indian roads, and has a pretty comprehensive review.

I believe the YSS kit mainly solves the two things:
1. Fix the weak damping.
2. Fix the frequent bottoming out.

Do keep me updated if you find out more details on the way2speed kit.
ashishk29 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd September 2020, 09:26   #2076
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by iamgyan View Post
Is that a seat cover? or did you get it modified? in either case, details please
Have booked a Baker Express last Saturday with delivery suposed to happen in 45 days max! Spending days making list of modjobs and accessories to be bought
That seat is been modified in two stage.
First stage: (at raos seat makers) Removed the OEM foam and cover and have preserved it. (dont think will ever use it though) Used a new harder foam and got it shaped. Added some extra foam on the side to make it wider more comfortable. Custom cover was made with those parallel ribbing.
The seat was better then stock, but the edge was a bit sharp and there was water ingress from the stitches.
Second stage: (at home) Removed the cover, and made the edges softer by sanding some foam. shaped the seat a bit more. took it to a local seat cover guy. Got an activa seamless cover on the seat which made it waterproof. Got the ribber seat cover fitted over it. So presently its cover over cover. No issues, find it much comfortable then stock.
Some pics for ref below. Had shared them in detail earlier in the thread.
Quote:
I am also intrigued by the Way2Speed option. If I can get a comparable option locally made, I'd be more than happy. Only thing being, I haven't seen anybody's reviews on it so far. There's just too little info.

As for the YSS/Ohlins thing, do check the video review by Motoring Scribe. He has tested the YSS ki on Indian roads, and has a pretty comprehensive review.

I believe the YSS kit mainly solves the two things:
1. Fix the weak damping.
2. Fix the frequent bottoming out.

Do keep me updated if you find out more details on the way2speed kit.
Yes, there is not much info, as melwin (way 2 speed guy) is still in the initial stages. So we will be like guinea pigs trying and testing them out although he seems to have done good amount of study, trials and testings.
YSS is definitely good for handling, but ride quality is on the stiffer side. Feedback from a friend, who is rode a GT with YSS front. I was looking more at comfort. way2speed, will share 2 set of springs with different rate, and i can try them both and see how they go.. let see.
Attached Thumbnails
Ridden: Royal Enfield Interceptor 650 & Continental GT 650 Twin-final.jpg  

Ridden: Royal Enfield Interceptor 650 & Continental GT 650 Twin-img_20191117_124817.jpg  

Ridden: Royal Enfield Interceptor 650 & Continental GT 650 Twin-img_20191117_130544.jpg  

Ridden: Royal Enfield Interceptor 650 & Continental GT 650 Twin-img_20191117_145518.jpg  

nasirkaka is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 3rd September 2020, 12:36   #2077
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Yes, there is not much info, as melwin (way 2 speed guy) is still in the initial stages. So we will be like guinea pigs trying and testing them out although he seems to have done good amount of study, trials and testings.
YSS is definitely good for handling, but ride quality is on the stiffer side. Feedback from a friend, who is rode a GT with YSS front. I was looking more at comfort. way2speed, will share 2 set of springs with different rate, and i can try them both and see how they go.. let see.
Any feedback on the Tecbikeparts suspension? They seem to be much cheaper. Was looking at them as an option for my Bonnie
Old 3rd September 2020, 18:35   #2078
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Any feedback on the Tecbikeparts suspension? They seem to be much cheaper. Was looking at them as an option for my Bonnie
Are they available in India? Not sure but most of their listed products are of other brands including the YSS. For interceptor, they have some options for the rear but for front they list YSS.
Attached Thumbnails
Ridden: Royal Enfield Interceptor 650 & Continental GT 650 Twin-01-01.jpg  

Old 5th September 2020, 09:42   #2079
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Are they available in India? Not sure but most of their listed products are of other brands including the YSS. For interceptor, they have some options for the rear but for front they list YSS.
I do not think they have any distributors in India. For the Bonnie, they offer front progressive springs, emulators etc. Planning to procure locally in UK and try and get it back home through someone.
Old 5th September 2020, 12:22   #2080

Hi guys!!

This would be my first post on this forum. I have been an avid lurker on this forum and you guys have been a great help in making decisions in my previous purchases.

So something about me. While i was in college in Bangalore my parents never bought me a bike as they were always worried that motorcycles are very dangerous. Luckily i had great friends and had great variety of bikes to ride on. Back then i used to always think that once i am well to do myself i would buy a bike for myself.

Then the time came in around 2015 when i was ready to buy a new bike. i was confused between the RE Desert Storm and the GT535. The RE Dealership in Geetanjali, Jaipur were kind enough to lend the GT 535 for a full day. I rode it for the day, i liked it a lot but the engine felt slow so i thought if i have to buy a slow engine then i would buy the Classic Desert Storm.

A couple of years later my younger brother joined college in Pune and he needed a bike so i gave him mine as i wasn't really using it as i can't ride in the summers here in Jaipur, very hot. Plus the bike wasn't very exciting to ride so never bothered riding it.

I have always liked the idea of a cafe racer and always dreamt of having one and then i saw that RE has launched a great pair of bikes. I loved the GT650 and wanted to have one. But wife has always been against bikes again and plus i had met with an accident in a stationary car so she was very worried now. Finally she agreed on the condition that i would ride with proper safety gear.

Decided to purchase the bike on 25/08/20 and called up all the dealerships in and around my area to find a Dr. Mayhem GT650 in stock as i wanted the bike asap as i couldn't contain my excitement and didn't want my wife to change her mind during the wait period of 45-60 days. Unfortunately only Black Magic and Ventura Blue were available so I thought i would buy black magic, ride it for a while and then get a good paint job on the fuel tank, I love the interceptor orange. I think metallic orange and black color scheme would look nice on the GT650.

I made the advance payment of 10k on 26/08/20 and i received the bike on 28/08/20 which was awesome. At this point of time i hadn't ridden any of the 650 twins, this was my first time riding a 650cc bike. I just loved the bike. I have been going on rides whenever i get the time or the weather permits as cleaning the bike is a pain if i ride it through muddy roads so i am trying to avoid riding in rains. But still i go for a ride on some rainy mornings as just can't resist riding the bike.

The accessories are taking forever to reach though. Have ordered through the dealership itself. Still haven't received any of the accessories. Probably production and logistics issue due to the pandemic.
List of accessories ordered:
- Sumpguard
- Single seat and cowl
- Bar end mirrors
- Short flyscreen
- engine guard from Zana which arrived yesterday. I'll put it up today.
- Black front and rear mudguards. Don't like the silver mudguards.

I have been following Stuart Fillingham on youtube regarding bike maintenance. So far have kept the bike in good condition and waxed the bike. I really recommend you guys to wax your bikes as it really gives the bike a nice shine and the bike looks new. Planning to sand and polish the engine casing soon.

I have a question with the owners regarding the exhaust for the bike. I find the stock exhausts to be a little too large, love the rumble. I am thinking about getting the AEW TE101 as its a little sleeker and looks nice in stainless steel finish and from what i have seen on youtube and read that these aren't very loud and very close to stock sound. What's your opinion on this exhaust. Can i put these straight away or should i ride for a couple of thousand kilometers first.

I don't have a lot of pictures of the bike. Putting up whatever i have.

Thanks a lot guys. You guys are awesome and been of great help in the past. Ride Safe. Peace.
Attached Thumbnails
Ridden: Royal Enfield Interceptor 650 & Continental GT 650 Twin-2.jpg  

Ridden: Royal Enfield Interceptor 650 & Continental GT 650 Twin-1.jpg  

Ridden: Royal Enfield Interceptor 650 & Continental GT 650 Twin-3.jpg  

Last edited by Aditya : 5th September 2020 at 22:21. Reason: Only 2 smileys per post permitted. Extra smileys deleted
b1gb1llyb0b is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 5th September 2020, 18:25   #2081
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by b1gb1llyb0b View Post
Thanks a lot guys. You guys are awesome and been of great help in the past. Ride Safe. Peace.
First congratulations on getting the bike, it's a fantastic machine, you'll love evey time you take her out, just the weather of jaipur burns your inner thighs while riding.

I am from jaipur as well and have got the same bike in the same colour, i purchased the AEW T101 model some months ago and it is one of the best decisions ever! It reduces the weight of the bike as well as reduces the rear overall bulk, plus the exhaust note is amazing

You can check out my bike and make the decision on the exhausts, plus a fellow 650 rider is always welcome on the short nearby rides.
Attached Thumbnails
Ridden: Royal Enfield Interceptor 650 & Continental GT 650 Twin-img_20200830_085528.jpg  

Last edited by Aditya : 5th September 2020 at 22:21. Reason: Quoted text edited
yesyeswe is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 5th September 2020, 19:03   #2082
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by yesyeswe View Post
I am from jaipur as welli purchased the AEW T101 model some months ago and it is one of the best decisions ever!
Just curious, what is RE's stand on warranty if exhausts are changed? I am aware that almost half of the RE 350/500 have their exhaust changed and I have never come across anyone complaining about warranty being void.
ast.ggn is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th September 2020, 19:37   #2083
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ast.ggn View Post
Just curious, what is RE's stand on warranty if exhausts are changed? I am aware that almost half of the RE 350/500 have their exhaust changed and I have never come across anyone complaining about warranty being void.
I had enquired about it with the showroom folks who said it gets void by installing aftermarket exhausts, so when i went to the showroom for my yearly service i removed the AEW exhausts, just a 5 minutes job.
yesyeswe is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th September 2020, 19:42   #2084

Quote:
Originally Posted by yesyeswe View Post
First congratulations on getting the bike, it's a fantastic machine, you'll love evey time you take her out, just the weather of jaipur burns your inner thighs while riding.

I am from jaipur as well and have got the same bike in the same colour, i purchased the AEW T101 model some months ago and it is one of the best decisions ever! It reduces the weight of the bike as well as reduces the rear overall bulk, plus the exhaust note is amazing

You can check out my bike and make the decision on the exhausts, plus a fellow 650 rider is always welcome on the short nearby rides.
Thanks a ton man!! I would take you up on the offer of checking your bike out soon. Really wanna check out those TE101 in person. This would really help me out deciding. And as you said it would awesome to have a riding mate.

Don't think will be riding a lot in the summer.
Old 5th September 2020, 21:48   #2085
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by b1gb1llyb0b View Post
Thanks a ton man!! I would take you up on the offer of checking your bike out soon. Really wanna check out those TE101 in person. This would really help me out deciding. And as you said it would awesome to have a riding mate.

Don't think will be riding a lot in the summer.
Our bikes aren't meant for the Rajasthan summers, winters and monsoon is the perfect time for riding specially when the areas around jaipur are lush green. You can check out my bike whenever you want, let's plan a ride for next Sunday, currently we are two riders, one interceptor and GT, the more the merrier.
yesyeswe is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks