Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 31st July 2020, 08:12   #1936
Senior - BHPian

Re: Ridden: Royal Enfield Interceptor 650 & Continental GT 650 Twin

Quote:
Originally Posted by yesyeswe View Post
Can you give a short review of the easy clutch? Is it a worthy investment?
Have been using one on my Himalayan for close to two years, made a world of difference. For the Interceptor I felt the Clutch effort to be some what optimal but again depends on the rider .
rakesh_r is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st July 2020, 08:36   #1937
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nasirkaka View Post
I have been eying the TE 201 for a while, but wanted to hear it in person before pressing the button. I like it mainly for how it looks (pea shooter-ish) and how its does not visually and physically project out a lot. I am happy with stock sound, and do not like loud pipes. If the TE 201 with DB killer is marginally louder then stock, i am game. Let us know once you receive and install it.
There are some helpful videos on Youtube, readily found by searching for AEW TE201

Reasons for getting TE 201 Stainless Steel Matt Polish silencers
  • Possibility of lowering the passenger footrests for more comfort
  • Visually cleaner
Ordering was smooth. Silencers were well packed.

Fitting
  • Straightforward
  • The "DB killer"s were not removed
  • Had to remove original packing tape between pipe and silencer (photo) so not possible to re-fit original silencers without new tape
  • The brackets are slotted to provide a little forward/backward adjustment. The screws are inaccessible in the fitted position
  • I had to pull the LHS silencer upward harder than I liked to fit the top bracket bolt
  • The RHS top bracket bolt did not tighten until the rubbers were excessively compressed so I used threadlock to allow rubbers to function (a Royal Enfield thing, not an AEW thing)
  • The sari guard cannot be fitted
Packing tape between pipe and silencer

Ridden: Royal Enfield Interceptor 650 & Continental GT 650 Twin-packing-tape-between-exhaust-pipe-silencer.jpg

In use
  • The original cover plate mounting brackets are exposed (photo)
  • The engine became more tractable. Previously it was unusable below 2,000 RPM. With TE 201, it could be used down to 1,500 RPM
  • The engine was smoother/easier toward maximum RPM (subjective)
  • The exhaust note was softer at light engine load
  • The exhaust note was harder and louder at high engine load
  • The silencers must be removed to remove the rear wheel axle
Original cover plate mounting bracket

Ridden: Royal Enfield Interceptor 650 & Continental GT 650 Twin-exhaust-cover-plate-mounting-bracket.jpg

Weight
  • OEM silencers: 5+ kg each
  • AEW silencers: 2 kg each
  • Reduction: 6+ kg (~3% of the nominal 202 kg)
  • Weight reduction
  • Visually cleaner
Dislikes
  • Loudness. I enjoy the sound but not its effect on people who don't
  • The distance between the passenger footrests and the silencers is little changed so not worth lowering the footrests for comfort. My bad, I should have anticipated that. The exhaust pipes would have to be changed before the foootrests could be significantly lowered.
Incidentally, while fitting the silencers I removed the main stand (if it's OK for the Continental it should be OK for the Interceptor). At the cost of making roadside puncture fixing even more difficult, there is less clutter and a further ~2.5 kg has been reduced taking the total weight reduction to ~8.5 kg (~4% of nominal 202 kg)
catkins is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 31st July 2020, 09:51   #1938
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rakesh_r View Post
Have been using one on my Himalayan for close to two years, made a world of difference. For the Interceptor I felt the Clutch effort to be some what optimal but again depends on the rider .
I find the clutch hard too, during rides my hand gets tired after some time, so the easy clutch would be a good investment i think
Old 31st July 2020, 13:10   #1939
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by catkins View Post
In use
  • The original cover plate mounting brackets are exposed (photo)
  • The engine became more tractable. Previously it was unusable below 2,000 RPM. With TE 201, it could be used down to 1,500 RPM
  • The engine was smoother/easier toward maximum RPM (subjective)
  • The exhaust note was softer at light engine load
  • The exhaust note was harder and louder at high engine load
Incidentally, while fitting the silencers I removed the main stand (if it's OK for the Continental it should be OK for the Interceptor). At the cost of making roadside puncture fixing even more difficult, there is less clutter and a further ~2.5 kg has been reduced taking the total weight reduction to ~8.5 kg (~4% of nominal 202 kg)
Quote:
The silencers must be removed to remove the rear wheel axle.
Does it block the axle rod from coming out?

Did you consider the weight of the saree guard? Every gram counts.

Please share complete pictures of the bike with the peashooter pipes!
Old 31st July 2020, 14:19   #1940
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
I find the clutch hard too, during rides my hand gets tired after some time, so the easy clutch would be a good investment i think
How long back has it been since you lubed the cables?
Old 31st July 2020, 16:45   #1941
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Liner View Post
How long back has it been since you lubed the cables?
My bike is just a year old, and the clutch has been kinda hard since the beginning, so didn't think about lubricating the cables. I'll give it a shot before purchasing the easy clutch, let's see if it makes any difference
Old 1st August 2020, 22:34   #1942
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I got it installed today on my Bonnie. Really good so far and it was a pleasure interacting with the owner of ProSpec who manufactures this, Madhan. The product is extremely well made and oozes of high quality. I ride mostly in the city and I'm sure this will be a world of difference for me. The initial ride is really promising
Attached Thumbnails
Ridden: Royal Enfield Interceptor 650 & Continental GT 650 Twin-whatsapp-image-20200801-12.21.07-pm.jpeg  

Ridden: Royal Enfield Interceptor 650 & Continental GT 650 Twin-whatsapp-image-20200801-12.21.06-pm.jpeg  

dinu2506 is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 1st August 2020, 23:53   #1943
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dinu2506 View Post
I got it installed today on my Bonnie. Really good so far and it was a pleasure interacting with the owner of ProSpec who manufactures this, Madhan.
I ordered it today as well for my GT, let's hope it stands upto its reputation. Very exited for the one finger clutch
Old 2nd August 2020, 13:09   #1944
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by surjaonwheelz View Post
Does it block the axle rod from coming out?
Yes, the LHS silencer does.
Quote:
Originally Posted by surjaonwheelz View Post
Please share complete pictures of the bike with the peashooter pipes!
I will do if you want but don't the Youtube videos not give a better idea of appearance than a few pictures?

Quote:
In use
Correction: the LHS silencer must be removed to remove the rear wheel axle

Last edited by moralfibre : 3rd August 2020 at 15:42. Reason: Back to back posts.
Old 2nd August 2020, 17:50   #1945
BHPian

Quote:
I ordered it today as well for my GT, let's hope it stands upto its reputation. Very exited for the one finger clutch
Sir, which one fits the Interceptor / GT, the short version or the long version.
Old 3rd August 2020, 01:17   #1946
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Great View Post
Sir, which one fits the Interceptor / GT, the short version or the long version.
The short one fits our bike, here's the number of the owner of the company, Madhan 9620484111. He will guide you with everything and he's a a nice fellow, he will give you some discount if you ask for it
yesyeswe is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd August 2020, 09:12   #1947
BHPian

After fitting the AEW TE201 as reported in https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/motor...ml#post4854651 (Ridden: Royal Enfield Interceptor 650 & Continental GT 650 Twin) in this thread, the engine started pinking/knocking/pre-detonating (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Engine_knocking) around 3,000 to 5,000 RPM on heavy throttle.

The petrol was from the same fill as used before fitting the AEW TE201s

As I understand it, it is the electronic electronic control unit's (ECU's) task to minimise knocking so I suspect a defective ECU rather than the AEW TE201s. What to do?
catkins is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 3rd August 2020, 09:28   #1948
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
After fitting the AEW TE201 as reported in https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/motor...ml#post4854651 (Ridden: Royal Enfield Interceptor 650 & Continental GT 650 Twin) in this thread, the engine started pinking/knocking/pre-detonating
The best bet would be to fit the stock silencer back and get the bike examined at RE, why to break the bank if the bike is still under warranty. On a different note get the spark plugs checked.
rakesh_r is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 3rd August 2020, 09:52   #1949
BANNED

Quote:
After fitting the AEW TE201 as reported in this thread, the engine started pinking/knocking/pre-detonating around 3,000 to 5,000 RPM on heavy throttle.

The petrol was from the same fill as used before fitting the AEW TE201s
Suggest you contact AEW guys simultaneously and also get the OEM silencers refit. Visit the ASC to get the issue checked. If there is a problem with the ECU or any other fuelling related part, it shall be changed under warranty.

Once that's done and if all is good, you can fit the AEW if required.
a4anurag is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 3rd August 2020, 10:51   #1950
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rakesh_r View Post
The best bet would be to fit the stock silencer back and get the bike examined at RE, why to break the bank if the bike is still under warranty. On a different note get the spark plugs checked.
Quote:
Originally Posted by a4anurag View Post
Suggest you contact AEW guys simultaneously and also get the OEM silencers refit. Visit the ASC to get the issue checked. If there is a problem with the ECU or any other fuelling related part, it shall be changed under warranty.

Once that's done and if all is good, you can fit the AEW if required.
Thank you rakesh_r and a4anurag. Taking your advice, I will revert to the original silencers. That needs packing tape for the pipe/silencer joints. Not knowing what and where to get I ordered https://www.amazon.in/gp/product/B07GZRXN99
catkins is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks