Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 31st August 2020, 11:06   #2056
Senior - BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)
Re: Ridden: Royal Enfield Interceptor 650 & Continental GT 650 Twin

Rode my friends interceptor yesterday around a lake bed. Good fun. Sharing some pics.
Attached Thumbnails
Ridden: Royal Enfield Interceptor 650 & Continental GT 650 Twin-01-01.jpg  

Ridden: Royal Enfield Interceptor 650 & Continental GT 650 Twin-02-02.jpg  

Ridden: Royal Enfield Interceptor 650 & Continental GT 650 Twin-03-03.jpg  

nasirkaka is offline   (10) Thanks
Old 31st August 2020, 12:24   #2057
BHPian

Hello

I took delivery of Interceptor 650 baker express in June, 2020; Recently I observed that the bike's RPM started to fluctuate during idling, while the ride was smooth. This has happened twice in last 1 week. I was able to capture it on video and will be taking RE ASC for diagnosis. The fluctuation only started after riding for around 15 kms.

Any idea what could be the issue? Thanks

setuniket is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 31st August 2020, 13:52   #2058
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nasirkaka View Post
Rode my friends interceptor yesterday around a lake bed. Good fun. Sharing some pics.
Wow. Those are some great shots.
Pray tell me the location !!
nitinkbhaskar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st August 2020, 14:04   #2059
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ninjatalli View Post
I found it quite decent, even on my 1000 km single day ride.
How did you find the overall ride comfort? Any aches, numb palms or feet? Tingling or wringing sensation? During or after the ride? What speed was your sweet spot while cruising? I know you cycle a lot and must be fit overall, but 1000km in a day sounds like extra fit from a motorbiking perspective.
Biker Ram is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st August 2020, 15:14   #2060
BHPian

Quote:
Just realised this is sumanths bike! And sums and me are buddies from Bombay! We used to ride and tinker with our RDs together! Small world this i I tell you!

He showed me some pics of the windscreen extender and told me it's from a friend's BMW. He was surprised when I asked him is your friend Nasir! Lol
derek is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 31st August 2020, 15:17   #2061
Senior - BHPian

Hello Guys,
Those of you who are looking for inputs on the YSS suspension upgrade - both front and rear. Indimotard are the new official suppliers for the same. MotoringScribe aka Vikrant Singh has got them installed on his Interceptor 650 and has penned his thoughts in these 2 videos.

1. Front kit costs around 23K -
2. Rear suspension upgrade 61K -

Guess these are the first India specific reviews. Of course there is Stuart Fillingham's detailed reviews too.

Last edited by hiren.mistry : 31st August 2020 at 15:19.
hiren.mistry is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 31st August 2020, 16:04   #2062
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by hiren.mistry View Post
Those of you who are looking for inputs on the YSS suspension upgrade - both front and rear. Indimotard are the new official suppliers for the same.
I think even LRL Motors too deals with YSS suspension kits for the Interceptor 650. Pricing is same though.
Old 31st August 2020, 16:09   #2063
BHPian

Initial impressions from a friend who has had the INT for more than a year. Had ordered both YSS front and rear before the lockdown but only installed over the weekend. If anyone can put a dosa on an INT or any bullet for that matter, it's him. I quote:

First impressions after a short 20km city ride,
Front is completely sorted
Bad road handling is very predictable and soaks out bumps easily, I think I can reduce the compression settings some more.
Steering is very easy and I can switch on and off road nicely
Took a short couple of corners and line is completely traceable and accurate throughout the cornering.
After this it needs a bit of trial and error fine adjustments.

My vote : absolutely worth it.

Last edited by Beast_of_Burden : 31st August 2020 at 16:13.
Beast_of_Burden is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 31st August 2020, 18:06   #2064
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Just realised this is sumanths bike! And sums and me are buddies from Bombay! We used to ride and tinker with our RDs together! Small world this i I tell you!

He showed me some pics of the windscreen extender and told me it's from a friend's BMW. He was surprised when I asked him is your friend Nasir! Lol
Yeah, he just told about the whole incident. Small world! He is my room-mate from hostel days.
I got the bike washed today and installed the visor just to share some pics. You have seen them, but let me share it here anyways, incase it helps someone. Will have to ride and see how it goes, but as of now, seems like it should work fine.

Wow. Those are some great shots.
Quote:
Pray tell me the location !!
This is sabannahalli lake off bangalore hyderabad highway, about 100 kms from bangalore.
Attached Thumbnails
Ridden: Royal Enfield Interceptor 650 & Continental GT 650 Twin-01-01.jpg  

Ridden: Royal Enfield Interceptor 650 & Continental GT 650 Twin-01-02.jpg  

Ridden: Royal Enfield Interceptor 650 & Continental GT 650 Twin-01-03.jpg  

Ridden: Royal Enfield Interceptor 650 & Continental GT 650 Twin-01-04.jpg  

Ridden: Royal Enfield Interceptor 650 & Continental GT 650 Twin-01-05.jpg  

Ridden: Royal Enfield Interceptor 650 & Continental GT 650 Twin-01-06.jpg  

nasirkaka is offline   (12) Thanks
Old 31st August 2020, 19:51   #2065
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hiren.mistry View Post
Hello Guys,
Those of you who are looking for inputs on the YSS suspension upgrade - both front and rear. Indimotard are the new official suppliers for the same. MotoringScribe aka Vikrant Singh has got them installed on his Interceptor 650 and has penned his thoughts in these 2 videos.

1. Front kit costs around 23K
I just pinged Indimotard for the same, and he quoted me 25k+ for some reason. I am going to see why he's charging about 2-3k extra.

I had also gotten in touch with MotoNerdz, who did quote 23k.
ashishk29 is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 31st August 2020, 20:14   #2066
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Biker Ram View Post
How did you find the overall ride comfort? Any aches, numb palms or feet? Tingling or wringing sensation? During or after the ride? What speed was your sweet spot while cruising? I know you cycle a lot and must be fit overall, but 1000km in a day sounds like extra fit from a motorbiking perspective.
This and this should help.

Quote:
Originally Posted by setuniket View Post
Hello

I took delivery of Interceptor 650 baker express in June, 2020; Recently I observed that the bike's RPM started to fluctuate during idling, while the ride was smooth. This has happened twice in last 1 week. I was able to capture it on video and will be taking RE ASC for diagnosis. The fluctuation only started after riding for around 15 kms.
That is not normal at all - I'm guessing your engine also stops/stalls when in neutral; whereas I can let the bike run on neutral for hours if needed.

Good you have a video - let them evaluate it.
Old 31st August 2020, 20:28   #2067
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by setuniket View Post
Hello

Any idea what could be the issue? Thanks
Check the breather hose below the tank. If it is loose or cracked, it could lead to some erratic idling behaviour.
neil.jericho is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 1st September 2020, 14:28   #2068
BHPian

Thanks, I will be visiting the Service center in Noida on Saturday morning to get it checked. Have already dropped a stinker to RE support for issues in a three month old bike.

This has happened for the second time, otherwise the bike idles normally and revs and rides like a dream, even yesterday evening's ride was trouble free, with this video, even if I am not able to replicate, the Service team will have to look into it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ninjatalli View Post

That is not normal at all - I'm guessing your engine also stops/stalls when in neutral; whereas I can let the bike run on neutral for hours if needed.

Good you have a video - let them evaluate it.

Thanks, will ask the ASC team to look into this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by neil.jericho View Post
Check the breather hose below the tank. If it is loose or cracked, it could lead to some erratic idling behavior.

Since there are many short and long write ups and detailed reviews with all pros and cons threadbare, I just thought of penning down brief note on work done till date, instead of starting a new thread.

Booked the bike during lockdown (had booked a Perak in January, which is yet to come, so cancelled it) and I dont regret the changing my choice.
]Before booking(and thanks to lockdown) this thread and YouTube videos gave a fairly clear idea as to what to expect from the bike especially the niggles and issues. One additional major grouse is tube tyre setup; suffered first punture yesterday, the tube had three small holes which was repaired and refixed. I have purchased spare 100/90-18 tube as backup for time being. Will be buying another set of 130/70-18 tube for rear tyre. I am not able to find 130/70-18 tube online.

Still confused about spending 13k on outex(I find it expensive) , will wait for RE to offer alloys(dont know how many more decades).

For now I have picked up following accessories:

1. Compact engine guard- installed at the time of delivery
2. Zana back rest and top rack- bikenbiker (installation awaited)-keeping for long rides only
3. Puig Screen- Light Smoke bikenbiker
4. Mobile holder- BOBO Claw Grip-Aamzon
5. Leather Grip-Black TripMachine
6. Grip Puppy- Pathpavers-will remove Leather grip, not very comfy with summer gloves.
7. Zana bash plate-Amazon(installation awaited)
8. Large engine Guard-RE original-(installation awaited)

I chose all the additions/basic stuff which I can install on my own. Rest of the stuff has been deferred for better times; I also purchased tool set and spanner set, chain cleaner & lube, brake cleaner, bungee cord etc online. Except for regular service (for warranty) and fixing puncture, I am in DIY mode.

I am thinking of getting Headlight and aux light kit from Maddog; had inquired from the company about the installation process(they said its plug and play), has anyone used Maddog, how complicated is the process?

-Setu

Last edited by setuniket : 1st September 2020 at 14:42. Reason: Added query for Maddog
setuniket is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 1st September 2020, 15:03   #2069
BHPian

Quote:
I got the bike washed today and installed the visor just to share some pics. You have seen them, but let me share it here anyways, incase it helps someone.
Yes it helped me because the top box caught my eye. Which brand and litre is it? Thanks in advance!
Old 1st September 2020, 15:06   #2070
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Yes it helped me because the top box caught my eye. Which brand and litre is it? Thanks in advance!
Thats hepco becker orbit top box, 52 liter i think. A bit large for interceptor, but get s the job done.The top box is carried over from my previous bike.
nasirkaka is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks