Team-BHP > Motorbikes

Search this Thread
Old 7th August 2020, 07:40   #1966
BHPian

Re: Ridden: Royal Enfield Interceptor 650 & Continental GT 650 Twin

I think I wasn't clear when I said I wanted softer exhausts. I wanted them because I'm not the street racer types. I prefer a mellow sound. It was nothing to do with noise from outside or wind noise etc.

I was looking to change the exhaust note, not reduce the level of noise entering my ears through the helmet.

Thanks nasirkaka for the details, some good reads. However I don't think a pair of earplugs costing 16 rupees would do the needful. When I said dangerous I meant that it could block ambient sounds like horns, engine noise, tyre noise, rattling etc which I think, I would want to hear always when I'm riding, as a precaution.

By the way, would you have the speedometer/tachometer chart with you? Thanks!
Old 7th August 2020, 09:45   #1967
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by neil.jericho View Post
I spotted these Yoshi replica slip ons on a brand new GT 650 here in Cochin. I didnt hear it myself.
I heard the exhaust in one of the videos posted on Instagram, they are super loud.
rakesh_r is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th August 2020, 09:43   #1968
BHPian

On a slightly different note, does anyone use risers on their stock handlebars for a more comfortable riding position? I’m looking for something that’s excellent build quality, don’t mind shelling out a few extra bucks for it, but I don’t like the indimotard or hdtcustoms risers look. Wires need to be rerouted and I want to avoid that.

I saw something on bike biker but don’t know anything about the company or make.

Thanks gents!
Old 8th August 2020, 14:59   #1969
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by derek View Post
On a slightly different note, does anyone use risers on their stock handlebars ,,,,,,but I don’t like the indimotard or hdtcustoms risers look. Wires need to be rerouted and I want to avoid that.

Thanks gents!
I am using the HDT one and the wires havent be re routed.

So far I am enjoying the riding position and the quality is excellent too for the price.
The Great is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th August 2020, 15:36   #1970
BHPian

Ok thanks so much for that. I was seeing some videos and reading too in which he had said that the cables need to be rerouted. That’s for clearing that up mate, appreciated. Did you fit them at his place? Or did you DIY it?

Last edited by Gannu_1 : 9th August 2020 at 19:24. Reason: u > you. Please avoid using SMS lingo while posting on the forums. Thanks.
Old 8th August 2020, 16:34   #1971
BHPian

Quote:
Ok thanks so much for that. I was seeing some videos and reading too in which he had said that the cables need to be rerouted. That’s for clearing that up mate, appreciated. Did you fit them at his place? Or did you DIY it?
I had gone to his place for the fitment.

Ridden: Royal Enfield Interceptor 650 & Continental GT 650 Twin-20200219_161420.jpg

Also installed the rear footrest in a bit of forward position, without changing the rider foot-pegs position.

Ridden: Royal Enfield Interceptor 650 & Continental GT 650 Twin-20200219_162027.jpg

Last edited by Gannu_1 : 9th August 2020 at 19:24. Reason: Quoted post edited. Thanks.
The Great is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 9th August 2020, 14:47   #1972
BHPian

Mod note: Back to back posts, use Multi Quote [Quote+] instead. Thanks.

Quote:
On a slightly different note, does anyone use risers on their stock handlebars for a more comfortable riding position?
I chose to replace the handlebar rather than fit risers. Cleaner and less weight. No additional weight of risers and the replacement handlebar was lighter than the original. The handlebar fitted was from a Honda CB 150 Unicorn.

I was warned that the replacement handlebar, not having weighted bar ends, would vibrate at high speed but that has not been my experience

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Great View Post
Also installed the rear footrest in a bit of forward position, without changing the rider foot-pegs position.]
Where did you get the brackets?

Last edited by Jaggu : 9th August 2020 at 15:12. Reason: Back to back posts, use Multi Quote [Quote+] instead. Thanks.
Old 9th August 2020, 16:58   #1973
BHPian

The cb150 is discontinued right, so would be now difficult to get one? Also if you could please share a pic of the bar on the bike, would be helpful thanks!
Old 9th August 2020, 19:29   #1974
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by catkins View Post
Where did you get the brackets?
I got them from HDT customs itself. Both, risers and foot-pegs.
The Great is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 10th August 2020, 14:29   #1975
BHPian

The Royal Enfield Interceptor 650 Thread!

I couldn't find a thread dedicated to the Motorcycle, like for the Himalayan, so I thought I would create one for this spectacular machine.

Just been an Interceptor owner for a couple of weeks now and have ridden it just for one.

I wanted the Interceptor in the spectacular Baker Express colour, but it wasn't available nearby, and the local dealer said it would take at least a month to get it. The dealers in the neighbouring districts didn't have stock either, which eventually lead us to solicit the services of Chamundi Enfield, Salem (about 200KM from where I live). On Friday the 24th of July, 2020, a couple of days after we had asked for the Motorcycle, they had managed to find one in Cuddalore (200KM from Salem and about 400KM from me). On Saturday they took down all the details necessary for the Temporary Registration and on Monday, the 27th it was Registered at Salem, and by evening I had the Motorcycle. I have never experienced joy like I experienced that day, and I even shed a few tears of joy.

It was parked up for a week because Mum insisted that it be taken out only after a Puja and everything, and the best time for that fell on the following Monday after delivery.

On the Sunday before the Puja, since it's locked down here and I had nothing better to do, I decided to wash it. Despite being ridden 400km (The dealers felt that putting it in a truck would damage it and it had only 11KM on the odo when it arrived) prior delivery, it was quite clean and the there was nothing much to wash.

Sunday evening I was pumped thanks to the last three laps of the British GP, and the added excitement of the taking the bike out didn't let me sleep that night. I was up at 7 AM just waiting to take the bike out for the Puja which was scheduled at 10 AM, and it felt like time had stopped.

The very first thing I noticed when I took the Motorcycle out was the weight. I've ridden a Thunderbird, a Classic 350 and a Dominar before, but I usually ride my Dad's Hero Honda Splendour, and I can feel all of the 200-odd kilograms.

I rode rather slowly to the Temple, getting used to my new machine, and it felt quite smooth. After the Puja, I opened her up a little and boy was it exhilarating. The sheer torque of the machine was frightening. Every single thing on the bike was somewhat new to me, Starting from the electric start all the was to the disc brakes. That took a bit of getting used to.

I managed to drop it twice on the first day, but thanks to Zana's Engine Guard, there was no damage at all to the Motorcycle. Wasn't so fortunate on my 4th fall, which was the result of the back wheel slipping in wet mud. I stopped, which I should not have, lost balance and the bike fell. The mud around was so soft because of the rains that the engine guard went right in, and the handlebar is now very slightly bent. It's not really noticeable, but I know for a fact that it's there.

I have never fallen off a motorcycle before, and neither have I been stopped by a cop, but all this happened in less than a week of getting my Motorcycle. Luckily, the damage has been minor, and the cop let me go. Not sure what other new experiences the Interceptor has in store for me, but I'm most definitely looking forward it.

Looking forward to hearing your experiences as well with the Motorcycle! Thanks!

Here are a few pictures of the bike:
Attached Thumbnails
Ridden: Royal Enfield Interceptor 650 & Continental GT 650 Twin-img_20200731_185840_713.jpg  

Ridden: Royal Enfield Interceptor 650 & Continental GT 650 Twin-img_20200807_171019_149.jpg  

Ridden: Royal Enfield Interceptor 650 & Continental GT 650 Twin-img_20200810_141439_961_li.jpg  

adwaith is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 10th August 2020, 15:02   #1976
Team-BHP Support

Re: The Royal Enfield Interceptor 650 Thread!

Quote:
Originally Posted by adwaith View Post
I couldn't find a thread dedicated to the Motorcycle, like for the Himalayan, so I thought I would create one for this spectacular machine.

Just been an Interceptor owner for a couple of weeks now and have ridden it just for one.
There is actually a spectacular thread for the Interceptor and GT twins. If you want to make an exclusive thread for your bike then do carry on but if you just wanted to create a common forum for all things Interceptor then the link below already exists and is the best bet. In that case you could perhaps consider closing this up and merging your post in that thread. Your call.

Congratulations on your machine and wish you many happy miles with it.

https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/motor...-650-twin.html (Ridden: Royal Enfield Interceptor 650 & Continental GT 650 Twin)
Axe77 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th August 2020, 21:52   #1977
BHPian

Quote:
Thanks nasirkaka for the details, some good reads. However I don't think a pair of earplugs costing 16 rupees would do the needful. When I said dangerous I meant that it could block ambient sounds like horns, engine noise, tyre noise, rattling etc which I think, I would want to hear always when I'm riding, as a precaution.
!
Even simple ear plugs will do the job of reducing the risk of hearing loss. If one rides within the city limit and for shorter duration, it's not a big deal. But even 30 mins of ride a day at highway speeds everyday can cause damage over prolonged period. Yes the cheap plugs will block/reduce all noise. It may sound unsafe, but not difficult to get used to. Back in early 2000s when helmets were not mandatory most guys never used to wear them. After it became mandatory a lot of these guys said that it blocks the surrounding sound, affects peripheral vision etc. But riders or their senses do get used to it.

There are special plugs specifically made for riding. I got one from the US which is supposed to cut down only the wind noise yet other sounds such as exhaust note, horn will be audible. I find them good, but doesn't do justice to the price difference compared to cheap disposable 3M plugs.
Biker Ram is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 10th August 2020, 23:55   #1978
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Great View Post
I got them from HDT customs itself. Both, risers and foot-pegs.
Thanks The Great. I'm far from Mumbai and their website does not list the footrest brackets. Personal callers only, no mail order?

Quote:
The cb150 is discontinued right, so would be now difficult to get one? Also if you could please share a pic of the bar on the bike, would be helpful thanks!
The CB150 Unicorn was very popular and was discontinued in Apr 2020. The handlebar is easily damaged so likely to be in stock for ~5 years after the last new bike sold.

Pic: https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/motor...ml#post4733981 (Ridden: Royal Enfield Interceptor 650 & Continental GT 650 Twin)

Last edited by vb-saan : 11th August 2020 at 09:30. Reason: typo
catkins is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 12th August 2020, 22:07   #1979
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Axe77 View Post
There is actually a spectacular thread for the Interceptor and GT twins. If you want to make an exclusive thread for your bike then do carry on but if you just wanted to create a common forum for all things Interceptor then the link below already exists and is the best bet. In that case you could perhaps consider closing this up and merging your post in that thread. Your call.

Congratulations on your machine and wish you many happy miles with it.

https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/motor...-650-twin.html (Ridden: Royal Enfield Interceptor 650 & Continental GT 650 Twin)

I came across this thread but thought it was a review. Thanks for pointing it out. I also think an admin has merged the thread.

Thank you so much!
Old 15th August 2020, 13:56   #1980
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by adwaith View Post
Congratulations on your new bike, wish you many happy miles on it!
philipmathen is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed