Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 21st August 2020, 20:21   #2011
Distinguished - BHPian

Made in India PoweRage exhausts

I got a chance to check out a new after market exhaust offering for the Royal Enfield 650 twins made by a company called PoweRage. It is based out of Coimbatore. The fit and finish of the product is really nice and the sound at idle is OEMish without being too loud or irritating. As the revs rise though, the sound really gives the bike a lot of character.

It apparently comes in different finishes including chrome and the matt finish which is what is in the pictures here. There is no big logo to attract the attention of any nosy cops either. There is also the option of a shorty system which I have been told looks very nice but is a bit louder as well. It is available at Republic of Bikers in Cochin and costs around Rs 15,000 for the set.

Ridden: Royal Enfield Interceptor 650 & Continental GT 650 Twin-20200821_141315.jpg

Ridden: Royal Enfield Interceptor 650 & Continental GT 650 Twin-20200821_141533.jpg

Ridden: Royal Enfield Interceptor 650 & Continental GT 650 Twin-20200821_141415.jpg

Ridden: Royal Enfield Interceptor 650 & Continental GT 650 Twin-20200821_141251.jpg

Ridden: Royal Enfield Interceptor 650 & Continental GT 650 Twin-20200821_141245.jpg

Ridden: Royal Enfield Interceptor 650 & Continental GT 650 Twin-20200821_140315.jpg
neil.jericho is online now   (8) Thanks
Old 21st August 2020, 21:14   #2012
Team-BHP Support

Re: Made in India PoweRage exhausts

Quote:
Originally Posted by neil.jericho View Post
I got a chance to check out a new after market exhaust offering for the Royal Enfield 650 twins made by a company called PoweRage.
It sounds nice but all these pipes are too long bazooka like. I wish someone would create a set of pipes that's a bit shorter. AES is also long. As is Gursewal or whatever its called.
Axe77 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st August 2020, 22:26   #2013
Senior - BHPian

Re: Made in India PoweRage exhausts

Quote:
Originally Posted by neil.jericho View Post
The fit and finish of the product is really nice and the sound at idle is OEMish without being too loud or irritating. As the revs rise though, the sound really gives the bike a lot of character.
Looks great in matte but too long as noted above. I hope they come up with 2-into-1 pipe or 2 pipes on the same side.
Their Amazon seller's page does not list shorter version though- is it still being tested?
Old 22nd August 2020, 09:06   #2014
BHPian

Re: Ridden: Royal Enfield Interceptor 650 & Continental GT 650 Twin

Hi guys, I just finished my first service yesterday. When does the bike usually start to get a little bit smoother? Is it normal to hear the “kat kat” from the tappets? In the service no tappets it clearances were checked. No timing was checked. Just very routine wash, oil change and lubrication.

Also, I had fixed the sump guard, and for that one bend pipe had to be removed and reattached. I feel like the bike is losing compression due to that. Is it possible?
derek is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd August 2020, 10:17   #2015
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhi_tjet View Post
Please share a click of the GT's rear, if you can.
This was a DIY so it doesn't appear as good at is supposed to be, I had to use the stock housing because it is connected to the mudguard and I didn't have a drill so I couldn't do a neat enough job. I plan to improve it an it will look even better than what it is now O.T I don't know what i was thinking of the seat when i did it, but i hate it now lol.
Attached Thumbnails
Ridden: Royal Enfield Interceptor 650 & Continental GT 650 Twin-img20200807155529.jpg  

CarManMotorcycl is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 22nd August 2020, 17:32   #2016
Senior - BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

Quote:
Honestly gone are those days where you have one size fits all. Always believed its more like horses for courses. Having said that am still defining a proper use case for my Twin with the Wee around. Did not have the heart to see the twin even when a friend approached me with my expected price.

But yes end of the day, twins seems to be a jack of all as it does many stuff easily except for the hard core riding that Ramana does with you (hope you also join him)
Same sentiments. Even I was initially trying to define a use case for the interceptor and maybe had the triumph street scrambler playing at subconscious level, hence those mods. The purchase itself was a rebound on the versys sale and this 650 twin at mouthwatering price point was too good to let it go. I seriously think the interceptor works very well as a 2nd bike in the garage if one can manage to have two. It does well as the only bike too but mixing it with an adventure or sports gets best of both the worlds.
nasirkaka is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 23rd August 2020, 19:05   #2017
BHPian

Hey guys. I have a Baker express interceptor 650 and extremely happy with it.
Though, this one issue has been troubling me for quite some time.

When I am riding hard and get to shifting to higher gears (4th to 5th, 5th to 6th) I sometimes face a false neutral issue. Meaning the bike goes into neutral even though I am pretty sure the gear clicked in place and the clutch was fully pulled in. Once this happens, I pull on the gear shift again to engage the gear(with the clutch ofcourse), there's a pretty gnarly mechanical grinding noise and the bike engages the gear.

This happens only when I am shifting into 5th or 6th (mostly 6th) gear going full throttle.

Also, what are your thoughts on clutch less upshifting in higher revs on the twins? I don't think I ever faced this neutral issue when doing that.
Old 23rd August 2020, 19:30   #2018
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by philipmathen View Post
A sump guard and a radiator guard definitely. The rest as and when you feel the need, that way you don’t have any try too many things at once. Radiator guard is available from RE, I am using one from Kurashirudo, I’ve posted a few pictures on this thread previously, so check it out.
Thank you. I shall check it out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ninjatalli View Post
In addition to @philpmathen's suggestion, I'd say get the mirrors changed - the default ones are lousy (from a function perspective) and feel cheap. Mine actually broke during a long drive. I replaced them (like many on and off the forum) with Bajaj Avengers' mirrors. Any normal shops with Bajaj accessories will have them.

Seat is a personal choice - I found the default seat very soft, especially for longer rides. Got them changed from a seat shop in Shivajinagar, Bangalore. If it's a problem for you, look out for a local guy in your city who does such work.
Thank you for your suggestions!
Old 23rd August 2020, 19:49   #2019
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by derek View Post
Hi guys, I just finished my first service yesterday. When does the bike usually start to get a little bit smoother? Is it normal to hear the “kat kat” from the tappets? In the service no tappets it clearances were checked. No timing was checked. Just very routine wash, oil change and lubrication.

Also, I had fixed the sump guard, and for that one bend pipe had to be removed and reattached. I feel like the bike is losing compression due to that. Is it possible?
Don’t know about your compression issue, but I’ve definitely grown tired of the tappet noise, plan to get it re-checked when time permits.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rituj View Post
Hey guys. I have a Baker express interceptor 650 and extremely happy with it.
Though, this one issue has been troubling me for quite some time...
Based on my limited time with mine(1000km), never had a false neutral, although post the monsoon setting in, I feel the gear shifts are not as smooth as before. Although I suspect it’s also down to limited riding in these times. Better get it checked out, definitely doesn’t sound like what I’ve read about the gearshifts or my own experience. Haven’t tried clutch-less shifts, can’t really comment.

Last edited by Chetan_Rao : 27th August 2020 at 12:30. Reason: Merged back to back posts.
Old 23rd August 2020, 20:09   #2020
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rituj View Post
When I am riding hard and get to shifting to higher gears (4th to 5th, 5th to 6th) I sometimes face a false neutral issue. Meaning the bike goes into neutral even though I am pretty sure the gear clicked in place and the clutch was fully pulled in. Once this happens, I pull on the gear shift again to engage the gear(with the clutch ofcourse), there's a pretty gnarly mechanical grinding noise and the bike engages the gear.
Please check if there is too much clutch free play. If yes, the clutch may not be fully disengaging when you pull the lever in. You can try tightening the clutch cable a bit to reduce the free play to around 3-5 mm.
dinu2506 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 24th August 2020, 10:50   #2021
Senior - BHPian

So I just checked out INT650 because CGT650 seemed a little too aggressive, sitting position wise (and dealer near me only had that bike) and once I am gone my father is supposed to ride it occasionally.

But right off the bat, as soon as I swung leg over the saddle my shin hit the foot peg. Within next 10 minutes I hit the foot peg twice. I told this to service rep and he said yeah the CGT should be a better fit on account of pulled back pegs. For the record I am 6-2. Per the service rep, the bike fits well for shorter people which is baffling since IMO height of a person shouldn't compensate for oddly placed pegs but I can't be sure. I had exact same problem with Iron 883 too, just more severe- INT650 isn't as bad.

Anyhow, it seems like INT650 is off the table and I am back to CGT650 depending on how fast they can deliver after booking.
amol4184 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 24th August 2020, 13:47   #2022
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by philipmathen View Post
Don’t know about your compression issue, but I’ve definitely grown tired of the tappet noise, plan to get it re-checked when time permits.
Getting this done at the service center as I type..
derek is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th August 2020, 15:14   #2023
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amol4184 View Post
So I just checked out INT650 because CGT650 seemed a little too aggressive, sitting position wise (and dealer near me only had that bike) and once I am gone my father is supposed to ride it occasionally.

But right off the bat, as soon as I swung leg over the saddle my shin hit the foot peg. Within next 10 minutes I hit the foot peg twice. I told this to service rep and he said yeah the CGT should be a better fit on account of pulled back pegs. For the record I am 6-2. Per the service rep, the bike fits well for shorter people which is baffling since IMO height of a person shouldn't compensate for oddly placed pegs but I can't be sure. I had exact same problem with Iron 883 too, just more severe- INT650 isn't as bad.

Anyhow, it seems like INT650 is off the table and I am back to CGT650 depending on how fast they can deliver after booking.
CGT ergos are totally weird, don't judge by how the foot pegs get out of the way. All the bullets have it, has to do with the straight down from knee positioning. Compared to something like the Karizma, the CGT is pure torture if you happen to be on a day trip. IMO the twins aren't great handlers, bikes need a rear suspension upgrade. Great for sedate to swift riding, if you are thinking dive bombing apexes or throwing into a sweeper and catching it, forget it. The INT is far more comfortable for something like a longish ride or a day trip.
Beast_of_Burden is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 24th August 2020, 16:19   #2024
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beast_of_Burden View Post
CGT ergos are totally weird, don't judge by how the foot pegs get out of the way. All the bullets have it, has to do with the straight down from knee positioning.
That is a bummer. I am still waiting for TD/R to make final call. My rides aren't going to be day long in fact most of them being under 200kms nor do I plan to do crazy twisties action. Sedate is a good description, suits the character of the bikes. I want something like that now. Duke 390 was way too twitchy and frantic for me (haven't ridden 390 ADV). But then there's the looks of KTMs that is polarising. I am digging how CGT650 looks and already have certain mod ideas in mind. Yes I'am jumping the gun
Old 24th August 2020, 18:15   #2025
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amol4184 View Post
But right off the bat, as soon as I swung leg over the saddle my shin hit the foot peg. Within next 10 minutes I hit the foot peg twice. ... For the record I am 6-2. Per the service rep, the bike fits well for shorter people which is baffling since IMO height of a person shouldn't compensate for oddly placed pegs but I can't be sure.
I am 5' 8" (1.72 m) and had huge problems with the footrests. They are worse when you are shorter because at very slow speed when you need to paddle the bike along, to reach the ground sideways of the footrests you have to point your feet and touch with your toes. Scary on a pot-holed road with a passenger.

I could not have kept the Interceptor like that. Happily I found that removing the footrest springs and fitting O rings on the pin to prevent the footrests falling down under gravity worked well. Every time the bike approaches a stop, my feet habitually flip the footrests up. Every time it moves off from a stop my feet habitually push them down.
catkins is offline   (6) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks